Profile for BJ Hoover > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 61

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BJ Hoover RSS Feed (Seacliff, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Lurking Menace (Forever A Pirate Book 10)
The Lurking Menace (Forever A Pirate Book 10)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This 10th book in the series continues Jake and Miranda's ..., July 9, 2014
This 10th book in the series continues Jake and Miranda's fight against the Spanish and the Inquisition which has fallen away from the Christian God and has turned to evil forces. They must use all their magical abilities and resolve to combat them. Miranda must struggle to guide her son into understanding his abilities. This series is a roller coaster of adventures filled with time-travel, sexual magic and fantasy.

I recieved a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Summoned Home (Forever A Pirate Book 9)
Summoned Home (Forever A Pirate Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfying adventure., July 9, 2014
This is one of my favorite books in the series so far. The return to Miranda's world, confronting the evil Beroni and his plot to take over the world, and visiting the memorial of her former home is so exciting and finding Miranda's son is fastinating. Jake and Miranda continue to overcome evil and find adventure wherever they find themselves. I love it!!

Candlelight Christmas (Lakeshore Chronicles)
Candlelight Christmas (Lakeshore Chronicles)
by Susan Wiggs
Price: $11.58
194 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Lakeshore Chronicles, Need I say more?!, June 2, 2014
Susan Wiggs is one of my favorite authors, and I was so pleased to add this addition to the Lakeshore Chronicles to my Christmas collection. I re-read them each year to get into the holiday spirit, and do enjoy revisiting the people of this series at any time.

Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel
Angel: A Maximum Ride Novel
by James Patterson
58 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Granddaughter gift, June 2, 2014
My older granddaughter is a Maximum Ride fan and she was thrilled to receive one of the later novels in the series for Christmas. I didn't read it myself, but she enjoyed it a lot.

A Christmas Bride: Only Us: A Fool's Gold Holiday\The Sheik and the Christmas Bride (Hqn)
by Susan Mallery
Price: $7.99
186 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Susan Mallery, June 2, 2014
This is another Susan Mallery book to enjoy. I especially like to collect Christmas stories and enjoy them year after year. It helps me get into the holiday spirit. This is well written in Ms. Mallery's style with good character development and compelling love story.

Calico Critters: Bunk Beds
Calico Critters: Bunk Beds
Price: $9.99
29 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Granddaughter's little Critters!, June 2, 2014
This review is from: Calico Critters: Bunk Beds (Toy)
She was so pleased with the furniture for her Calico Critters. The bunkbeds are very cute and fit so well with the other items in the collections. Wish they had been available for me or for my daughter when we were children. I would have loved to have collected all the cute little animals and their houses and furniture!

Love is a Mystery: Six novels of love, laughter and lawbreaking
Love is a Mystery: Six novels of love, laughter and lawbreaking

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Bargain!, June 1, 2014
6 books for the price of 99 cents. If you only liked one, it would be worth it, but I loved 4 of them, and the other two weren't a waste of time, either.
#1 I am a Nancy Warren fan, so really enjoyed Frosted Shadow, and will read more of the Toni Diamond series for sure.
#2 I liked the romance in She's Gotta Be Mine, and loved the hero/serial killer, but not the heroine or mystery so much.
#3 I had already read the Honeymoon Cottage by Barbara Cool Lee and love Pajaro Bay, its quirkey citizens, the love story, character development and mystery plot.
#4 Steamed was a disappointment in that it had such a compelling premise with so much potential, and not developed to my satisfaction. I knew who the murderer was early on, and thought the heroine should have as well! Perhaps others will find the humor more to their taste.
#5 The Zen Man by Colleen Collins was a great read. The exciting plot and love story were right up my alley. Will read more in thie P.I. series for sure.
#6 Caught You Looking was great fun. I enjoyed the characters, the love story and the mystery, tho it wasn't such a big mystery. Still the journey was entertaining and I will read more by Shelly Adina

Sea Glass Winter: A Shelter Bay Novel
Sea Glass Winter: A Shelter Bay Novel
by JoAnn Ross
Price: $7.97
211 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite authors, May 29, 2014
I like the Shelter Bay novels and this one is no exception. It's fun to follow the family members and their search for happiness and love. Shelter Bay is a charming place and the characters are well developed.

Christmas on Main Street
Christmas on Main Street
by JoAnn Ross
Price: $7.99
159 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas collection, May 29, 2014
I do enjoy the combined stories to cheer the season. I liked all four of the authors in this book. I bought it for JoAnn Ross, but enjoyed them all. They managed to capture the feeling of Christmas in different ways in different locales. Grab a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy!!

The Blood Tears (Forever A Pirate Book 7)
The Blood Tears (Forever A Pirate Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy, magic, adventure and love, May 29, 2014
The blood tears are scattered in the worlds and Miranda must find them and return them to the Currents. Can she meet the task set out for her? Of course, with the help of her husband, Captain Jake Reynard, Merlin, and all the wondrous characters met in the previous 6 books, she will persevere and conquer evil.
I received a copy of thie book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review. I love this series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7