Profile for Karate Mom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Karate Mom RSS Feed (Arlington, TX)

Forced to Be Family: A Guide for Living with Sinister Sisters, Drama Mamas, and Infuriating In-Laws
by Cheryl Dellasega
Price: $27.99
90 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend this book before the holidays!, November 12, 2007
I just finished reading "Forced to Be Family" and hope that EVERYONE reads this before their next family gathering. The stories Dr. Dellasega shares in this book are real, touching, and sometimes emotional. There were so many I could relate to personally.

It really made me think about myself and re-examine how I interact with the various women in my life, both family members and friends. Some of the quizzes in the book are amazing, and it was an eye opener to me when I honestly answered the questions in regards to close family members.

I am so glad I read this before my family gathers over the holidays. I am planning to use the tools in this book to make MY holidays smoother and really think about how I choose to react to the various personality types I'll face over the next few months.

Every woman needs to read this book!

Mean Girls Grown Up: Adult Women Who Are Still Queen Bees, Middle Bees, and Afraid-to-Bees
by Cheryl Dellasega
121 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Insights, September 21, 2005
I highly recommend that every adult woman read this book. I could hardly put it down because it touched on so many areas that affect all women.

It is so refreshing to read a book that confirms and gives a name to what you see happening every day. We just thought junior high behavior ended after high school! This book identifies and offers advice on how to work with different personality types, whether you are a stay-at-home mom with volunteer jobs or are working outside the home.

I recognized many women (and, of course, me) in Dr. Dellasega's book. It was thought provoking, insightful, and it made me evaluate the work and friend relationships I have with other women.

I plan to give this book as a gift to all my women friends.