Profile for Jim Howard NŘUWY > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 67

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jim Howard NŘUWY "Jim Howard" RSS Feed (Fort Worth, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Selfie Stick,Gotideal® Pro 3-In-1 Self-portrait Monopod Extendable Wireless Bluetooth Selfie Stick with Built-in Bluetooth Remote Shutter for iPhone 6, 6 Plus 6+ 5 5S 5C 4S,Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 4 3 2 Edge and Other Smartphones
Offered by Gotideal
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Low cost well built selfie stick and just the right size, May 26, 2015
Length:: 2:19 Mins

This is your basic selfie stick. The company does not try to make it sound like it is going to bring world peace or land a man on the moon. It is just a very low cost and very well built wireless mobile phone monopod. My feeling about most things in life is to keep it simple.
This device is a selfie stick for for Android or iPhones. Yes it does have a tripod mount on the end so you could use it for other things.
But follow my advice and keep it simple. This wireless mobile phone monopod feels like it is strong and like it will last. It also is small. It gives you the reach you need to make those photos or videos.
I was using a different monopod the other day and it had a longer reach. One my arm was tired holding it and also you get more motion at longer distances. But I was also thinking I hope I don't hit a power line with the thing. I am 74 years old and I would like to be around for a few more years.
This Gotideal is long enough to get good photos and video and it is easy to hold steady for videos.
This selfie stick will also fit in a small bag and fits in my cargo pants pocket. (I do not recommend for your front pants pocket. Do I need to tell you why?)
The stick is long enough to get the job done!

Great price and very well built. I recommend it.
I was sent this for review. But this is an honest review.

I will upload a video as soon as I make one.

Mifine® Aluminum Waterproof Telescoping Extension Pole / Self Portrait Camera Monopod,include Bluetooth Remote ,Universal Phone Holder ,GoPro Mount ,Thumbscrew and Mifine Wrist Strap ,the excellent Wrist Strap even can adjust it will help you not drop the unit.
Offered by YingFang
Price: $42.99
2 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars New updated version of the self portrait monopod. Check it out., May 25, 2015
Length:: 8:10 Mins

There are a lot of these "selfie" type extension poles for sale. This one is the best one I have seen. It has everything and is very well built. I like that in devices like this. It feels professional and well designed. The price is cheap on this but it is strong (aluminum).

You can use it with a camera, cell phone or they say a Gopro Hero.
I tested it with a USB Logitech C920 webcam. See the video here.

As you will see in the video the length is excellent. It is about 50 inches when you extend it all the way out.
There is a tripod mount also on the bottom of the extension. So you could mount it on a tripod. There are a lot of different ways you can use this thing.

Check out my video.
This is the best monopod extension I have seen. The price is great.
I recommend it. (I was sent this to review. But that does not effect my review.)

Blue Chinese Lantern - Battery Operated Solar LED Lights - Decorative Style Nylon Lamp for Indoor and Outdoor Hanging
Offered by Web World Central

5.0 out of 5 stars Chinese Lantern powered by a solar cell, May 19, 2015
Length:: 3:51 Mins

This is a solar powered Chinese lantern. I got it today. I just put it out on my patio.
See my video with this review. This is a simple thing to set up. The first thing I was thinking was that the LED was very small and not going to be very bright.
But at the end of the video you will see that the LED lights up the lantern. It is very pretty.
I am wondering how is this lantern going to hold up over time. I will update this written review later with details.
But keep in mind this pretty lantern cost less than $9 from Amazon.
I know a lot of people that buy plants each year to put out.
I do not think you should expect it to last forever.
I hung my lantern up high on the patio. It is going to take a beating from the wind and rain and maybe hail.
It has a flat base and you could set it on a table or flat surface.
If you are having a party or friends over you could buy a number of these and set them up for the event and then put them away until the next party you have and they should last for you.

I was sent a purple one to review.

E-2900 Men's Sport Sandals Adjustable Velcro Strap Open Toe Casual Trail Beach Walking Hiking Summer Shoes (11 D(M) US, Black / Gray)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sandals and holding up well, May 18, 2015
I wanted to do a review on these sandals. I was worrying about how they would hold up. I have had them for months and I just got back from two weeks in Washington DC. I spent two weeks walking around DC. I did about three or four hours a day for about two weeks. The sandals held up and I had no problems.
When I got them I was worred about the straps. They are thin and I was fearful they might break or tear or something. But they held up just great. No sings of ware or problems with them.
I have even had a couple of people ask about them. They said they looked like good ones and seemed to think I spent a lot of money on them.
So I recommend the E-2900 Men's Sport Sandals.

URPOWER® Portable Mini Led Speedlite Flash Pocket Spotlight Video Light for iPhone Samsung HTC Nokia LG iPad iPod Cell Phones and Tablets (Black)
Offered by COCO-Vision(US Shipping)
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars URPOWER® Portable Mini Led Speedlite Flash Pocket Spotlight Video Light, May 18, 2015
Length:: 2:16 Mins

I was asked to review the URPOWER light.
I was thinking it was going to be a camera flash for cell phones. I was wondering how they could get it to sync with taking the photo. But when I received it I saw that you turn it on and you can just leave it on. Pretty neat idea. That will let you use it to take a image or use it to make a video.
Amazon is selling it for about $11.00 and that is a great price. You could use this just as a powerful little light to carry with you. I bet all of you can think of ways you could use it.
The light is bright.
Now the light, of course, is not a wide angle light. It is pretty much a spot light.
You are going to want to test it out when you take photos and see how much of an area it will cover for you.
Now it does not have to be plugged into the cell phone. So you could get a number of them and rig up something that will help you in taking photos.
In case you are wondering I used it on my HTC EVO 3D cell phone. I am not sure I will be using it often. I been taking photos since I was a kid and I am 74 years of age now and I have never liked flash. But I will toss this in my camera bag and carry it with me. I suspect I will use it more than I think. Not sure it will always be for taking photos. I had to give it five stars because of the price alone.

BNX® Mini Digital Media Portable Music MP3 Player Micro SD/TF USB Disk Speaker FM Radio (898E Red)
Offered by Anncia
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars B-898E FM Radio and Digital Player - a high quality device with EXCELLENT audio, May 8, 2015
Length:: 2:08 Mins

This is a review of the B-898E FM Radio Digital Audio Player. The 898E is the red version of the audio player. This audio device is small but it feels solid and feels like a well built high quality device. I love the red. Great finish on it. I put a 4 GB micro SD card in it. I do not think I will ever use the SD card but I might want to put something on it and listen sometime. I am using the device for the FM radio. I listen to NPR radio on 90.1 mHz. But it scanned and picked up all the stations fast. The radio works great and sounds great. I find it hard to believe that such a small device can have such great audio.

One of the first things I noticed was no rod antenna on the radio. Rod antennas never seem to hold up well on any device.

So I was thinking they must have it built into the radio. But then when I tried the radio the reception was excellent. No fading or other problems when I moved the radio around. Not the what I would expect from a built in antenna in the case.
Well I found out that the cord coming out of the "sling hole" is the antenna. It works excellent.

The digital media player comes with the rechargeable li-ion battery and small user manual and the USB cable to charge it up.

It is a great looking device that puts out impressive sounds.
Amazon is selling it for less than $16.00 and it is well worth the price.
(I was sent one to review.)

Esco Lite COB LED Plant Grow Light For Hydroponic Gardening Greenhouse 20W
Esco Lite COB LED Plant Grow Light For Hydroponic Gardening Greenhouse 20W
Price: $37.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great built light and super light. I can't wait to learn more about., May 5, 2015
Length:: 3:40 Mins

Since I was a kid, and I am 74 now, I have loved plants. I did great with plants even aquarium plants. But then a few years ago I could not keep plants living. Not sure why. But gave up trying to grow plants. But I keep looking at them and thinking I want to have plants around me.
I received the Esco Lite LED plant light for review. NOW I want to try again. I will have to add to this review later with how it works out for me and what I find out.

But first off this Esco Lite COB LED Plant Light is well made. It feels like it is first rate. Well build and strong.
Just one sample is the power cord. It is heavy duty and professional. They could have gone with cheap but they went first class.
Everything about the build is first class.

A long time ago my wife and I owned a tropical fish shop. I ordered in the best aquarium plants you could buy and I had water and lighting conditions that worked great for them. Each year just before the large aquarium show put on by the local tropical fish club the members would come to our shop and buy all the plants we had. It was about the only time we would see them. They knew we had the best plants.
I would love now to try this light on some of those plants and see what would happen.

"Red and Blue light is essential for plant growth, No infrared ray and ultraviolet radiation to destroy your plants.
Powerful 20 watt LED grow lights can be used as either a primary light source or a supplemental light.
This plant growing light can rapidly improve the health of plant and growing, generally more leaves popping up within 2 weeks of using this growing lamp on a daily basis,Energy saving, eco friendly perfect for indoor growing.
Minimum Heat,can deliver the colours of light used by plants for efficient and healthy growth.
LED grow lights are ideal for plants like Salvia Divinorum and Ferns that have high humidity requirements."

OK to be truthful with you I do not know anything about this sort of light. I am going to learn.

I have a family member that also wants to try out this light. He is a Vegan, hyper Vegetarian, and wants to try out the light on herbs and spices. So I may let him try it out first and see what he thinks about it. When he reports back to me I will update this review.

If you know about and have used lighting like this please contact me with information.

Escolite 46 led Super bright solar motion sensor light outdoor Waterproof Ultra thin
Price: $50.99
2 used & new from $26.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solar motion LED outdoor light, April 29, 2015
Length:: 3:02 Mins

I love solar cell devices. I have a number of them. The Escolite 46 is a LED motion sensor light. It is build out of aluminum.
They say it needs 7 or 8 hours of charging in full sunlight and will work for about 15 hours.

After I finish this review I am going to mount it outside facing the east and I will update this review later with information about it.

I love the way you mount this device.

I was sent this unit to review.

Esco-Lite Wireless Motion detector Cabinet Night Light Drawer 10 LED Super bright white
Price: $12.85

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend the Esco-Lite, April 27, 2015
Length:: 4:58 Mins

Great light. It is bright. I love the aluminum construction. I also love the way you mount it. It is so simple to mount. It is easy to remove and you could move it around in case you lose power and need a light.
The price is great. I am do not think I am going to use it in a drawer. Would be great to have one in each drawer but I don't need it. When I was working years ago it would have been great. I would not have had to turn on a light and wake the wife when I was getting ready for work.

I recommend the Esco-Lite.
I was sent one to review.

Watch my video for more information and comments about the light.

Dell F8M3Y Plug & Play Keyboard Black
Dell F8M3Y Plug & Play Keyboard Black
Offered by B2COMP
Price: $35.00
3 used & new from $28.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Great feeling little keyboard. I found a use for it at last., April 6, 2015
I do not remember when I got this keyboard. I do not remember why I wanted this keyboard. I do remember hooking it up a few times to some computer. It worked.
So it has been with a lot of computer stuff that I have just put away in case I needed them.
Recently I got a Chromebook. I got it for a couple of reasons. One is that I am taking a trip to Washington DC for two weeks.
I do not care for laptops. My problem with laptops is there keyboards and the track pad. Well the Chromebook has an excellent keyboard.
My problem is the track pad. I lay my hand on it or drag my hand across it.
I hooked up a wireless mouse to the Chromebook. That works great.
Well to get to the point, at last, I hooked up this Dell F8M3Y keyboard. It works great. The keyboard feels good and it is just the right size. I am going to take the keyboard with me to DC. I do not plan to use the Chromebook when I am running around visiting places in DC. But when I get back each day I will use the Chromebook and the keyboard to post to my blog and to upload videos to YouTube.

Looks like my buying the keyboard, when ever that was, was an excellent idea.
I love it. Feels good. Looks good.
When I get back from Washington DC I may update this review.
Comment Comment | Permalink