Profile for Jim Howard NŘUWY > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jim Howard NŘUWY "NŘUWY" RSS Feed (Fort Worth, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gdealer 4.7 inch Stand Carrying Case and Cover with Card Slots for iPhone 6 4.7'' (Screen Protector + Stylus Pen + Cleaning Cloth + Application Card) (black/white)
Offered by Global Dealer
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars iPhone 6 Case and Extras with free shipping!, November 18, 2014
Length:: 3:50 Mins

OK I was sent this Gdealer iPhone case to review. I do not have an iPhone.
So this is my best effort at the review. Check out the video here.
I have a friend that has an iPhone 6 and I will give it to him and ask him for his input and then I will add that to this review soon.

This is a case for the iPhone 6.
It comes with a few extras.
I gave it five stars because it is $9.00 with FREE shipping. You just can not beat that deal.

COCO-VISION,Cell Phone Waterproof Case Dry Pouch Bag for iPhone 6 6S 5 5S 4 4S, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 3 Note 2,HTC One and other cellphones within 5.8 inch (White)
Offered by COCO-Vision(US Shipping)
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea and Great price - waterproof you cell phone, November 11, 2014
Length:: 4:40 Mins

Waterproof protection and you can use your cell phone! I got the COCO-VISION from the company to review for them.
I will not list all the cell phones that it will protect but will mention the iPhone and Galaxy S phones. My cell phone cost a lot less than those and I worry about water damage to my cell phone anytime I am out in the rain.
The COCO-VISION seems well made and strong but yet you can operate your cell phone inside the waterproof case.
Not only can you access your cell phone functions but you can take pictures and videos.

I have a couple of friends that have iPhone so I am going to loan them the case and have them try it and tell me what they think and then I will update this review.

Right now you can buy this case here on Amazon for only $7.99 with FREE shipping!
At that price you should buy a couple of the cases to have around in case you run into danger of water.

I recommend the case. Great price and great idea.
Read the instructions. Make sure the water seal is still working each time before you put in your cell phone.
Read the other simple points for the case.

Get out and enjoy the water and take your cell phone with you.

Power Bank,COCO-VISION 8400mAh Universal Portable External Mobile Battery Charger Pack for iPhone 6, 6 plus, 5, 5S, 5C, 4, 4S, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Note 3, Note 4, S2,S3,S4,S5,Smart Watch,Bluetooth Speakers or Headsets and Other USB-charged Devices(Black)
Offered by COCO-Vision(US Shipping)
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A 8400 mAh External Mobile Battery Pack for $16.00 with FREE shipping. A GREAT deal., November 1, 2014
Length:: 3:42 Mins

I just got this COCO-VISION 8400 mAh external batter pack to try out from CoCo-Vision.
First off having 8400 mAh battery power is great. The size is just right. Fits anyplace. I will carry it in my photo bag.
I got a friend that travels all the time. He says that many planes and trains still do not have power.
The Amazon price for this is $15.99 with free US shipping! That is a great deal.

The battery power pack comes with some connectors.
My cell phone is an HTC 3D so I just used the normal cable that I use to charge my phone. It works great.

One thing I did notice is that LED flashlight does not seem to work. You hold the power button for 3 seconds and LED should like so you can use it as a flash light. It did not work for me.
I will update this if I find that I did something wrong.

Hallomall™ Aluminum Shell 10 Led Wireless Battery Powered Pir Motion Sensor Lights, Intelligent Night Light with Magnetic Strip for Cabinet/ Drawer/ Bar Sets/ Hotel Closet Etc (1pack)
Offered by Myfashion Era
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A neat aluminum 10 LED wireless motion sensor light, October 27, 2014
Length:: 5:18 Mins

MyFashion Era sent me a Hallomall Aluminum 10 LED Wireless Motion Sensor Light to check out.
I love it. It is aluminum and feels well built. The specifications say it puts out only .75 of a watt. But it seems very bright. LED lights are bright and there are ten of them on this light. It has a motion detector on it. So the light is off and will only come on when the motion detector detects a human. (So I guess it will not detect my ex-wife. Smile)
Now, of course, the light does not come on during the day. It saves your batteries.
It takes four AAA batteries. Now my only problem with the light is the little door on the end that you open to put in the batteries. It does not seem strong and well built. I might be wrong. But just treat it with care. I am still giving this five stars. I think people know you have to use care with those little slide open door to put batteries in devices.

You can get one of these lights for $13.99 and $1.99 for shipping from Amazon or you can get three of them for $37.99 and $1.99 for shipping.

Now I just am not sure where I want to put this light.
It could be useful in so many locations. But I am thinking I just want to have it ready to use when we lose power from a storm. Then I could move it into the bathroom until the power comes back on or move it to some other area.
I may put it into my camera bag. I often need light to see something when I go out to take photos at night.

Check out my video here for more details and information on this great little light.
It is 16mm x 190mm x 30mm. You will get a better idea of size in my video of it here.
Great light at a fair price.

Lasko 751320 Ceramic Tower Heater with Remote Control
Lasko 751320 Ceramic Tower Heater with Remote Control
Price: $49.26
62 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of the Lasko Heater after using it for two years, October 20, 2014
I have had the Lasko 751320 Tower Heater for two years. I got it for my bedroom/computer room. I got it at Walgreens. It was a cold day and they had them right at the entrance/exit and I got one. (I paid for it! Smile)
It does a great job of heating the room. I love that it will oscillate.
But for a fat, old, lazy guy one of the best things is the remote control.

All the heat settings and the thermostat control is great.
It is light weight and has a small footprint and easy to move around.
I love it. Very happy I got it.

Kootek® Dimmable LED Desk Lamp with 5V 2A USB Charging Port (4 Modes, Reading / Studying / Relaxation / Bedtime, 5-Level Dimmer, Touch Control Activated)
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT LED Desk Lamp from Kootek®, October 7, 2014
Length:: 3:55 Mins

At last a great desk lamp. For years I had a very small desk and it was hard to find space for a desk lamp. The Kootek® would have been a great desk lamp to have on the small desk. I now have a large desk with lots of space and the desk lamp is still a great light.
I love the look of it. The style of it. The heavy base is great. The LED light is excellent and the controls are excellent.
It remembers your settings. You also have all type of selections for type of light and how bright. Even has a 1 hour timer for the lamp so it can be turned off at the end of one hour. Not sure I will use that function.
The head and arm and the rotatable base make it easy to get the light just in the right position.

The USB charging port is a great addition. I can charge up my cell phone and I have the cell phone just in the right spot on my desk.

The Kootek® came in a strong box with excellent packing.
One thing I should mention because I almost missed it is that there is a thin strip over the LED light. Make sure you pull if off. I did not notice it at first. Good thing the LED did not get real hot.

The "user's manual" is one single full sized sheet of paper (8 1/2 by 11 inches) and it is all in English. That was a surprise. A lot of things like this now days come with a small sheet of paper with very small print. At my age, 73, it is hard to sometimes to read those little sheets of paper. This is a great instruction sheet.

One additional note: On Amazon they show 8 photo views of the lamp. In the 8th one you will see a clamp that they show the lamp connected to a desk on the edge of the desk. That clamp is not supplied and is not mentioned on the box or in the instruction sheet. So I am sure you do not get it. My guess is that the clamp did not work out. I have had cheap lamps in the past that would clamp to a desk and that type of device never worked out. My guess is they did away with it for this lamp.

I am typing this review at my computer and the Kootek® lamp is on and I love it.

I was sent the lamp to review by Kootek®

Kootek® Solar Motion Sensor Light Outdoor Waterproof Deck Post Lighting Driveway lights for Fence Porch Steps Stairway Pathway
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Let there be Kootek Solar Outdoor Lighting, October 4, 2014
Length:: 1:00 Mins

I love solar cells and LED lights. I also like rechargeable batteries. So this unit has everything I love.
Kootek sent me this to review. They have some excellent lights. I have seen their lights made with stainless steel. They are great. This outdoor solar motion light uses "durable, weather-resistant & heatproof plastic" construction. I am sure that holds that price down and that is good.
This light has one battery inside but you can add another battery. It takes a Lithium #18650 2200mh battery. I was expecting that it would take a AA battery. I have a bunch of them. But the #18650 is bigger. You can buy them at Amazon. I am sure you can get them at other places like Radio Shack.
I had a real problem reading the installation guide. No it was in English! The type was small and faint for someone my age (73).
But then I notice the information is also printed on the box.
It comes with everything you need. Even a drilling location map so you can mount it.
Inside the light is a switch that you can set. It has an off position and you can also pick how you want the light to operate and that is a good idea.
They say the life of the unit should be 15 years. But since you can put in new batteries I would think it would last longer.

Let there be Kootek solar lighting!

Kootek® 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure Ultra Slim Disk Case for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5" SATA HDD and SSD, Tool Free Installation
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast and simple way to give a old SATA HDD/SSD a NEW life and give you an external hard drive., October 4, 2014
Length:: 2:07 Mins

Years ago I installed an old big hard drive into a hard drive case I got from CompUSA. It was easy and I loved the fact that I was putting an old unused hard drive back into service.
So I was looking forward to this project.
I had an old broken laptop with a hard drive in it. I took it out of the old laptop.
It took about two minutes or less to install the hard drive in the Kootek hard drive enclosure.
It was super easy and fast. Took less than two minutes.
I plug it into my computer, running Windows 7, and it found the new hard drive (250 Mb). I booted into Linux (Ubuntu) and it also found the drive.
I did get a notice from Windows that I had a 3.0 USB device plugged into a 2.0 USB port and that it would work better in a 3.0 USB port. I moved USB cable to my 3.0 USB slot and did not get the message then.
The Kootek hard drive case is, at this time, only $12.00 from Amazon. So a good deal.
If you have SATA HDD or SSD drives that you are not using a great deal.
Now if you have to buy a SATA HDD or SSD drive you might watch prices. You can get USB external drives right now that pretty cheap. But it might be a good idea to have one of these cases around just in case you end up with a drive.
I have two laptop computers not working right now. If my other laptop can not be fixed I got a drive in it I could put in a Kootek case.

Very easy and fast way to put a SAT HDD or SSD back into operation.

Just so you will know...I was sent by Kootek this Kootek 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Enclosure to review.

Creative Sound Blaster Axx SBX 20 Sound Blaster with Bluetooth Wireless and Dual-Array Microphone
Offered by AceElectronix
Price: $89.95
9 used & new from $79.75

4.0 out of 5 stars A small footprint on your desk put a lot of different functions, October 2, 2014
Length:: 3:12 Mins

I have used a lot of Sound Blaster audio devices for my computers over the years. I always like their software.
I have owned a number of their speakers. So I had to check out the Creative Sound Blaster Axx SBX 20 Sound Blaster with Blue tooth Wireless and a Dual-Array microphone.
I have had hearing lost and problems since I was in school. But the speaker sounds OK to me. It sounds good, to me, when I use Netflix, Hulu Plus and when I play Civ V.
I installed the Android app but I could not get the SBX 20 to link via Bluetooth to my cell phone. I don't blame the SBX 20. I think the problem is my cell phone. I will work on the problem. Update 10/05/2014 I got the Bluetooth app working on my cell phone now. Pretty neat. I have no idea what I did to get it working but it is working now.
The single tower for the SBX 20 saves space on the desk. But it is so tall it is hard to see the controls on top of the device. I also did not like that the headphone plugin is on the back of the SBX 20..
The sound from the speakers is strong enough for me. But I think a lot of young people, I am 73, want their speakers blasting so loud it will give them hearing loss.

I love the software. The drives installed fast and without a problem on my Windows 7 (64 bit) software.
The speaker and microphone works in Ubutnu but with no real controls. But you will have the speaker working and you can use the built in microphone.

I like the microphone array and the controls for the microphone.
In the video with this review you will hear the microphone array being used.

URPOWER Portable Wireless Remote Plug-in Control Doorbell Operating at 900-feet Range with 52 Different Chimes Polyphonic Melodies and Push Button with LED Indicator - White
Offered by URPOWER(Ship from USA)
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Remote Doorbell with 52 chimes, September 13, 2014
Length:: 3:08 Mins

I installed this and it was working I think in less than 5 minutes! I love that. It is super easy to install. I do not get many visitors but I do get items shipped to me often. The UPS, FedEx and others knock one time and are gone. I think most of them do not even knock they just leave a slip of paper in the door. I suspect they do not find people at home during the day and just come to slip the paper in the door. So I have to listen not only for one faint knock on the door but I have to try and listen for a truck. NOT now.
The button you can install with two-sided tape and that is the way I did it. It is holding. You can also mount it to the door with screws. I live in an apartment so I went with the two sided tape.
You just mount the button on your door or next to it. Then you plug into AC the ringer. That is it. The ringer can go in any room. Since I am in my room 95% of the time I just put the ringer in my room. The ringer is so portable and has a range, they say, of 500 feet that you can move the ringer to a different room if you need to be someplace else like the patio or basement or garage.
There is four levels of volume for the ringer. What is going to blow your mind is that you can choose from 52 chimes. I sort of wish they had not done that. All of them are great. I can not make up my mind which one I want to hear.

One little feature I like about it is the blue indicator light on the button when someone rings the bell. That way know it is working.
The company here on Amazon and in the paper work recommends using the double sided tape for the button as a temporary mount and using the screws. I went with the tape. I think it will hold. I guess I will find out. If over the months and years if the tape has a problem, due to weather, I will just use new tape or I will use the screws.
When you get the unit it comes with everything you need. The URPOWER receiver, the button, screws, adhesive tape, battery and an instruction sheet. All you need now is someone to come to your door.

I was sent this door bell to review by the company.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3