Profile for Jim Howard NØUWY > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 58

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jim Howard NØUWY "Jim Howard" RSS Feed (Fort Worth, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Dell F8M3Y Plug & Play Keyboard Black
Dell F8M3Y Plug & Play Keyboard Black
Offered by B2COMP
Price: $35.00
4 used & new from $28.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Great feeling little keyboard. I found a use for it at last., April 6, 2015
I do not remember when I got this keyboard. I do not remember why I wanted this keyboard. I do remember hooking it up a few times to some computer. It worked.
So it has been with a lot of computer stuff that I have just put away in case I needed them.
Recently I got a Chromebook. I got it for a couple of reasons. One is that I am taking a trip to Washington DC for two weeks.
I do not care for laptops. My problem with laptops is there keyboards and the track pad. Well the Chromebook has an excellent keyboard.
My problem is the track pad. I lay my hand on it or drag my hand across it.
I hooked up a wireless mouse to the Chromebook. That works great.
Well to get to the point, at last, I hooked up this Dell F8M3Y keyboard. It works great. The keyboard feels good and it is just the right size. I am going to take the keyboard with me to DC. I do not plan to use the Chromebook when I am running around visiting places in DC. But when I get back each day I will use the Chromebook and the keyboard to post to my blog and to upload videos to YouTube.

Looks like my buying the keyboard, when ever that was, was an excellent idea.
I love it. Feels good. Looks good.
When I get back from Washington DC I may update this review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

[Exclusive 3 LED] YINGHAO® 2 Pack 100% New Outdoor Solar Step Light 3 LED Stainless Steel
Offered by YINGHAO
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars New Stainless Steel Solar step lights (3 LED model not 2 LED model), March 30, 2015
Length:: 5:36 Mins

I have reviewed a number of solar lights. In fact one that looks like these lights. But I was surprised these are like babies of the bigger solar lights. They are sort of cute they are so small! They are 4 inches wide.The light area is 3 inches wide and the solar cell area is 3 inches.
They are made out of stainless steel. I love stainless steel. I was a welder for about ten years. Later I owned a stainless handgun. Love stainless steel.
I also have always been a fan of solar lights. I guess they had a version of this light that used 2 LED lights. These have 3 LED lights. LED lights are bright but these are not super bright. But then they are "step lights." If you use them like step lights or for markers such a decks, fence post or walkways then they will do the job for you. You get two in this package and I would guess you are going to add others.
Do not think you are going to mount them on your deck and set there and read a book.

I think these lights are a good deal for the price and what you get.

Check out my video for more details.

ARIKON CO Carbon Monoxide Alarm Detector with Clock [Battery Included], LCD Display, Talking Alarm, Best Used At Home and Travel, Portable CO Detector
Offered by ARIKON
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $22.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The ARIKON Carbon Monoxide Detector get one. It might save your life., March 28, 2015
I received this ARIKON Carbon Monoxide alarm for review. A lot of people seem to be confused about carbon monoxide and alarms.
Between 200 and 500 people die each year from carbon monoxide. It is a killer. Between 20,000 and 30,000 have an emergency with it and I am sure most end up in a emergency room from it.
Carbon monoxide, "CO," is an odorless and colorless gas. It is produced from burning fuel in vehicles, engines, stoves, lanterns, grills, fireplaces and furnaces.
If you have a fireplace, gas range, gas furnace or gas water heater you need a CO detector.
I live in an all electric apartment, no gas, but we do have a fireplace. Plus if there was a storm and we lost power and someone ran a standby generator near my apartment CO could get in my apartment.
I worked hospital security for 30 years and we had, mostly in the winter, trucks and cars that would be outside the hospital running and exhaust would get pulled into the hospital vents. I think we were lucky that many times because thee CO was mixed with the car exhaust and employees would smell that and contact us.

OK think about a CO detector for your home. Think about the placement of it and if you need more than one. Where is your gas water heater? Is it in the basement? Is it in the garage? Where are your bedrooms and most of all where are your children's rooms.

Keep in mind that this detector and all the others do NOT detect and alarm for small amounts of CO.
There is a reason for that. The UL have set a amount that these detectors should alarm at for a number of reasons.
The one reason is they want the alarm to be a good alarm. When your CO detector alarm goes off get out of the house. Call 911 and get the fire department on the way. Remember CO kills. It will kill you, your family and your pets.
Do not be a victim.

The ARIKON is a great CO detector at a great price. You can test it You can check peak levels of CO. It has voice prompts and alarm. It also has a clock built in to the unit. But the display is LCD and hard to see. I would not get it because you can use it as a clock. I would get it to save your life.

It comes with a 9 vote battery. Make sure you replace that battery. A good time would be at the same time each year you replace the battery in your fire alarm.

Think about the placement of the CO alarm. If you got a big house you may need more than one.
I have lived in this apartment for over five years and have never used the fireplace.
I think I am just going to put this ARIKON detector in my bedroom. I spend 90% of my time in the bedroom. My bedroom is also my computer room and TV viewing room.

I recommend this detector.
This detector meets UL2034 standards. It can also be set for CN and EN standards. If you are in the US make sure you set it for the UL standard.

I will play with the detector a little more and then I will upload a little video showing the unit.

Versatile 2 in 1: YINGHAO® Solar Outdoor Mobile Lights for Emergency Camp and Solar Charging Kit for Apple Android Tablet D-camera
Offered by YINGHAO
Price: $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow a neat idea and a great looking and feeling Solar Mobile Lighting System, March 23, 2015
Length:: 7:35 Mins

First look at the Yingha Solar Mobile Lighting System.
I just got it. I love it. I have not put the solar panel in sunlight yet.
I have not hooked it up yet. That will come and then I will update this review.

But it looks great. It feels first class. A great idea.

Check out my video review here.

2 Pack Battery Kit For Canon Powershot Elph 130 IS, 115 IS, ELPH 135, 140 IS, ELPH 150 IS, A2600, A2500, ELPH 340 HS, SX400 IS, ELPH 170 IS, ELPH 160, SX410 IS, ELPH 350 HS Digital Camera Includes 2 Extended Replacement (900Mah) NB-11L Batteries + More
Offered by Amazing Deals Online
Price: $13.95
2 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars They work and they don't cost much - good deal, March 22, 2015
I wish the camera had a bigger battery but you got to work with the hand you are given. These work. They are a good price. They charge up fast. With the camera and the battery size that comes with it you ARE going to need some extra power. Time to get it now and not be on vacation and missing some great images or videos because you don't have the battery charged up.

Selfie Stick,URPOWER® Extendable Cable Control Self-portrait Monopod Selfie Stick Pole for iPhone 6 Plus, 6 5s 5c 5 4s 4, Samsung Galaxy Alpha S6 S5 S4 S3 S2,Samsung Galaxy Note Edge,Note 4 3 2 and and Other Android Smartphones
Offered by UrpowerDirect
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $5.33

5.0 out of 5 stars The URPOWER Selfie Stick, March 19, 2015
Length:: 2:39 Mins

I have over 400 videos on YouTube and most of them are what I call "walking and talking videos." I have used a lot of different cameras. I should have come up with the idea of the handheld selfie stick.

I got to admit, at first, I felt they were sort of a dumb idea. I am not sure why.
First I noticed them being used for some good video was people using GoPro cameras and the stick. Saw some great shots.
The standard tripod mount on the stick is a great idea. You can use more than just a cell phone.
I think the next idea they came up with was the remote control button.
Now you can use Apple I/O apps and Android apps to control the cell phone or camea.
A lot of different ways to see and control a camera or a cell phone using the apps.
If you have a tablet you could see and control your cell phone using the tablet and other way.
You just have to think of ways to get the best images or videos using the stick.
No question you can get some better angles and distance than the length of your own arm.

I checked out the URPOWER selfie stick. I was sent one to review.
It looks like it is well made with lots of options and works with a lot of different cell phones and camera.
Plus for $11.00 how can you go wrong.
I have not made one of my walking and talking videos with it.
Most of the time I am out walking someplace and just decide to make a video.
I will be going to Washington DC for a two week vacation in April. I will take the URPOWER selfie stick with me and I am going to be taking a lot of photos and videos. So when I get back home (Texas) I should have a better idea of what the URPOWER stick can do.

I recommend the stick.

Mifine® Portable FM Radio Speaker Music Player with Micro TF/SD Card/USB Disk Input,Clock Function -Super Long Standby Time (B820 Blue)
Offered by YingFang
Price: $20.99
3 used & new from $13.29

5.0 out of 5 stars FM radio and music player all for less than $16.00 - a great deal., March 14, 2015
Length:: 5:05 Mins

A small device with a lot of functions and power. A FM radio and a music player plus.
For years I have not owned a radio except for a $500.00 ham radio. I been using my ham radio for years to listen to NPR radio in the kitchen when I do the dishes or cook.
I was sent this Mifine radio to review. It is great. Wow a $16.00 FM radio and music player for that price.
It received FM radio great. The audio is great. (I have a lot of hearing loss. But it sounds great.)
I put in a 2GB microSD card, it is what I had on hand, but I do not think I will be putting any music on the SD card. I will just use the radio when I am in the kitchen. I am not much of a music fan. Just listen to NPR radio on FM.
The price right now on Amazon is $16.00 and it is a great buy.

Deluxe Cane by VIVE - Best Lightweight Walking Stick for Men and Women - LIFETIME GUARANTEE (Silver)
Offered by HEALTH SOURCE
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cane at a great price, March 3, 2015
Length:: 5:15 Mins

I was sent this Deluxe Cane to review by VIVE. I have had it for sometime. It is hard for me to review a cane.
I wanted to do a good job. I attempted to break my leg so I could do a good review. It is hard to break your own leg. Smile
It would be fun to review a cane that had a gun in it or that turned into a sword or something.
But this VIVE Deluxe Cane is just a lightweight walking cane for men or women.
It is lightweight and strong. The cane is anodized aluminum. Looks good and is strong.
It is adjustable in size.
Has a soft grip and slip-resistant rubber tip.

Back a few years ago I passed out at a drug store. My heart rate had gone to 25 beats a minute or less. The EMS took me to a hospital and I was in ER for a few hours. I was there for hours before I knew I had hurt my leg when I passed out. I ended up having a pacemaker put in me. I had not pain or problems with the pacemaker. My leg hurt for weeks. After I got home from having the pacemaker put in I had to limp down to the same drug store that I passed out in and buy a cane. The cane was three times the price of this VIVE cane. This VIVE cane is just a good as that cane or better.

I recommend the cane.
It has no knife or gun in it. But it is strong. I guess I can use it to beat all the girls off that are after me. Smile

SADES SA-708 Stereo Gaming Headphone Headset with Microphone (Blue)
SADES SA-708 Stereo Gaming Headphone Headset with Microphone (Blue)
Offered by Golden Bell
Price: $14.28
155 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones at a great price, March 3, 2015
Length:: 1:06 Mins

I am not much of a headphone person. I do not think my head was made for headphones or hats. (My brain must be too big. Smile)
But I read good reviews on the Sades SA-708 headphones. Plus the price from Amazon was great. How can you go wrong at $15 for something like this?
Well they feel like first class headphones. They look great. Not that matters very much to me.
It is rare for me to use headphones.
I tested the headphones by listening to a demo video on YouTube and the web of 7.1 audio. It was great on the headphones. I do not have 7.1 speakers for my computer. Makes me want to get 7.1 speakers.
I only play one video game and this is Civ V. It seems to me that in the past one of the options I could pick was 7.1 audio. When I went to the settings this time I did not see any options for that.

I have over 400 videos on YouTube, search for "HNBBS", and I wanted to see how well the microphone sounded.
I was shocked! The sound of the audio for the test video that I made was excellent. I have tried different microphones and the audio I have had now is the audio from these $15.00 headphones.

I recommend the headphones.

Blood Pressure Monitor by VIVE - Best Automatic Digital Upper Arm BPM - Guaranteed Accuracy, Perfect for Home Use - 2 YEAR WARRANTY (Silver)
Offered by HEALTH SOURCE
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great digital blood pressure Monitor, February 14, 2015
Length:: 5:09 Mins

I have high blood pressure and I have a pacemaker in me. I am one of those people that if I do anything my blood pressure will shoot up. I am on a blood pressure medication and some heart medications that also act on the blood pressure.
I am not one of those people that takes his blood pressure all the time. I have had a CVS blood pressure montior. I had the cuff get a leak in it after a short amount of use but I got another cuff or it. I am more careful about were I lay it now. But I will not be needing that CVS monitor now.
I just received the VIVE blood pressure monitor. I was surprised it was in such a small box. I am not too smart. I did not notice that there was no tubing and bulb to pump up. That was the reason for the small size.
Yes.. when you put the cuff on your arm and then press the start button the device pumps up the cuff for you. No more pumping on that dam bulb! Also the reading is much faster on the screen.
This is a great device.
Truth is and I hate to admit it I am in such poor condition that with the old CVS monitor pumping up the cuff was hard and I could feel my blood pressure going up just from pumping the cuff up.
This VIVE device is great. I love it. It is also so small I can leave it on my desk next to my computer. That way I can take my BP reading waiting for some web page to load or some file to download.

If you don't have a BP monitor I recommend this one. If you have one of the old ones that you have to pump up by hand I recommend you get this one.

I was sent this by VIVE to review. Just wanted to be honest with you and tell you that. It is also required to tell you by US law.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6