Profile for Dux Malorum-Asinus > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dux Malorum-Asinus RSS Feed

D'Addario J57 5-String Banjo Strings, Nickel, Custom Medium, 11-22
D'Addario J57 5-String Banjo Strings, Nickel, Custom Medium, 11-22
Offered by MUSIC IS THE POINT
Price: $0.01
6 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars CUSTOM!, March 4, 2011
great strings, but remember ('cus I was not paying attention when I bought them) they say CUSTOM, the third string is very thin and takes getting used to... other than that clean and crisp!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars happy, but not in love, March 4, 2011
I like this harmonica don't get me wrong... I bought this because, well, I guess its different shape appealed to me. So I guess that I would have to start by saying that I like the Big River Harps more, but that is only because of the style of music I play and the way I play... my main problem, for lack of a better word, was that the holes were just slightly, not even enough to see at first glance, closer together than my Big River's, just enough, so that my tongue blocks were off ever so slightly, which produces an un-crisp note. That was so frustrating I had to put it down the first time I played it in a jam with my friends...
That being said, it is a beautiful harp, it sounds great (besides my problem stated above), and, if it is at all like the other horner's that I own, will put up with abuse quite well.

Seiko Men's SNK803 "Seiko 5" Automatic Watch with Beige Canvas Strap
Seiko Men's SNK803 "Seiko 5" Automatic Watch with Beige Canvas Strap
Offered by aSavings
Price: $52.99
42 used & new from $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars lifetime?, March 4, 2011
I love this watch. I have been looking for just the right watch for the last 4 years, I even bought a Victorinox for more than twice the price, that I like, not love. You get more than you pay for, though it is an automatic and you will gain or loose some time. Mine seems to be .01 sec fast... but in reality, I'm not a super spy, and I have a cell phone, so maybe once every week or two I set it back a min as needed. If you really wanted you could take it to a trusted jeweler and have it "tuned up". But for the price, the movement is beautiful and the clear backing is mezmorizing (sorry 'bout my spelling). The styling is perfect, has an old school feel with modern "slickness", as my father would say. The face is smaller, which was a selling point for me... there seems to be a big watch trend, I hate that. I wear my watch 24hrs/day 7 days a week (I do take it off to take a shower though), the size of this face is perfect; form, style and function. The only thing that I did to it was replace the band, I love the NATO style bands, the fit can be tailored perfectly. I LOVE THIS WATCH, and though I am drunk on this fabulous time piece at the moment, of course, I see myself wearing it for many years to come (the last watch I had was a timex and I wore it for 5 years till the battery died).
P.S. I know that 5 stars is almost cleche' but I feel that it is appropriate here.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2011 12:15 AM PST