Profile for D. Johnson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 65

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Johnson RSS Feed (FL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
New Apple Iphone 5 Armor Two Layer Hybrid Phone Protective Hard Cover Case W/Stand, Crystal Stylus, Screen Protector (Gray-Orange)
Offered by Ur Fun Shop
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for price!, September 3, 2014
Love this. Has a pop out kick-stand to set phone on hard surface to communicate hands free if necessary. Sturdy, strong.

Super Shred: The Big Results Diet: 4 Weeks 20 Pounds Lose It Faster!
Super Shred: The Big Results Diet: 4 Weeks 20 Pounds Lose It Faster!
by Ian Smith
Price: $16.46
192 used & new from $4.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Try Super Shred! Worked for me!, February 14, 2014
Works exactly as intended. I lost 18 lbs in three weeks. Just a little tough eating at all the times suggested - meetings, in car, class. Had to stop at week three due to class that week but it had taught me how to eat. Proteins in the morning. I've put some weight (5lbs) back on, but it's been six months, so not bad. Week one, I had never felt so full with all of those small meals. Week two was somewhat hard for me, week three was fine.

After the Sky Fell Down
After the Sky Fell Down
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive, slow and not a page turner., February 2, 2013
I wanted to like this book, I read to 52 percent on my Kindle and could not go any further. Kathryn's (college student)comparisons of Ben to Luke (brothers) were mentioned so many times up to this point it seemed like filler for the pages. Kathryn's tears were constant (and I understand mourning - the stages of grief - having lost my sister/best friend at an early age, and my father). Was Luke (surviving brother) the only one noticing her withdrawing from society? Were Luke's and Kathryn's parents oblivious to her withdrawing? Her getting upset at Trevor (a date) for saying something to her that he could not have possibly known would stir up emotions was like watching a bad soap on TV. And how many times did we have to hear that the date with Trevor (the date from hell) was horrible? From the beginning, "After The Sky Fell Down" was predictable and I would venture to say I know the ending without reading any further. This was not a page turner, did not keep my interest and I surely did not keep any tissues handy nor did I need any. To be quite honest, I got tired of hearing the word "Ben". This poor girl would never have made it had she actually shared a life with Ben for 40 years and then lost him.

CND Shellac Top and Base "Set of 2" Good Deal
CND Shellac Top and Base "Set of 2" Good Deal
Offered by AZ beauty supply
Price: $23.55
35 used & new from $23.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchase from Amazon and you will have paid off your Salon gel manicures in no time!, January 31, 2013
Love these two items. I purchased these, two CND colors and the Epica UV nail dryer for what three Salon gel manicures would have cost. The CND top coat leaves a seriously wet looking shine. If ever it gets a little dull from soaps/hand lotions, etc. A simple wipe with alcohol brings back the lustre. Can't go wrong.

Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Nail Prep pH Bond - 0.5 oz
Hand & Nail Harmony Gelish Nail Prep pH Bond - 0.5 oz
Offered by Cosmetics Central
Price: $4.98
24 used & new from $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A necessity? Probably., January 31, 2013
While I have not done a gel manicure without this, for the price you can't go wrong. My first set of gel nails that I applied myself lasted three weeks and except for the nail growth, they were still looking good! After removal of the prior gel nail, I wash my hands, dry them with a paper towel, place both hands in the Epica UV dryer to absorb any last signs of moisture, then apply the Gelish Nail Prep. Soaks right into the nail, no buffing of the nail necessary to ensure adhesion of the gel nail. Some say you can use alcohol for this step. May be true, but I see the Salons use this as a step, so I follow suit.

Creative Nail Shellac Rubble, 0.25 Fluid Ounce
Creative Nail Shellac Rubble, 0.25 Fluid Ounce
Offered by GENERAL-SUPPLY
Price: $15.50
23 used & new from $11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Love the color., January 31, 2013
CND is my favorite Gel/Shellac product. Rubble is a neutral color and should go with any skin tone. No frost, just a nice matte color that shines beautifully after the top coat has been applied. This particular color (for me) needs three coats but is worth the extra two minutes in curing.

The Long Road Home: A Story of War and Family
The Long Road Home: A Story of War and Family
by Martha Raddatz
198 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought copies for friends., December 8, 2012
This gives you a clearer understanding of what goes on behind the lines of War. I read this while my husband was in Iraq for 10 months, and as odd as it sounds, it never left my nightstand. It was as if it were my connection to him. Martha did a fantastic job bringing the battles into our homes. I would recommend this any day.

Water for Elephants: A Novel
Water for Elephants: A Novel
by Sara Gruen
Price: $10.10
2271 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., December 8, 2012
The Carnival life isn't easy. Being chucked off the rails, the mistreatment of animals. This story though, brings the Carnival life to life. The ending was beautiful. So masterfully done. The book was so much better than the movie. If you have not seen the movie (which by now I am sure you have), read the book, you feel each and every character like it were you.

Rescuing Sprite: A Dog Lover's Story of Joy and Anguish
Rescuing Sprite: A Dog Lover's Story of Joy and Anguish
by Mark R. Levin
Price: $16.02
512 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars For pet lover's everywhere., December 8, 2012
A wonderfully written true story by Mark Levin about the love he had for his pup. Warning: Have the tissues ready. Sprite was not as young as Mr. Levin was told when he brought him home, but they formed a bond that if any of you have ever had with your pet, you will understand. I read this some time ago, but it still warms my heart thinking about it.

Songbird
Songbird
Price: $12.91
143 used & new from $0.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic voice., December 8, 2012
This review is from: Songbird (Audio CD)
I have this CD and also "Time after Time". I love them both but this is my favorite. She has such a beautiful voice that it saddens me to know we will never hear from her again. You can't go wrong making both purchases. Matter-of-fact, I am going to see if there is one I may have missed!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7