Profile for M Frederick > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 60

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M Frederick RSS Feed (Kansas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
FoodSaver Wide-Mouth Jar Sealer
FoodSaver Wide-Mouth Jar Sealer
Price: $9.99
16 used & new from $7.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Handy, January 16, 2014
This works great for vacuum sealing larger items, such as dehydrated tomatoes, broccoli and fruit chunks. I absolutely love this adaptor and highly recommend it.

FoodSaver T03-0006-02P Regular-Mouth Jar Sealer
FoodSaver T03-0006-02P Regular-Mouth Jar Sealer
Price: $10.17
6 used & new from $10.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, January 16, 2014
I love being able to store fragile dehydrated items such as brocolli in glass instead of crushing them in plastic bags. Also, I enjoy using more glass to store food in. Order with confidence!

FoodSaver 8" Roll, 3pk
FoodSaver 8" Roll, 3pk
Price: $34.99
4 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, January 9, 2014
This review is from: FoodSaver 8" Roll, 3pk (Kitchen)
I ordered a box when I got my vacuum sealer unit and have been very pleased. I get my herbs and spices in small quantities in bulk. The rolls are great for sealing up small quantities instead of wasting quart-sized bags. They're also great for freezing 1-2 lb portions of meat instead of using a quart-sized bag. I highly recommend ordering a box when you order your vacuum sealer unit.

FoodSaver 44 Quart-sized Bags
FoodSaver 44 Quart-sized Bags
Price: $17.99
12 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with the quality, January 9, 2014
They do what they are advertised to do. I ordered a box of these bags when I ordered my vacuum sealer unit and have been very pleased with the quality. I will definitely order them again.

FoodSaver GameSaver Deluxe Vacuum Sealing Kit
FoodSaver GameSaver Deluxe Vacuum Sealing Kit
Price: $113.28
27 used & new from $110.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penney, January 9, 2014
I've had this for about 3 1/2 months now and have gone through a box of quart-sized bags and 2 rolls of the quart-width rolls. I've used it to seal cooked and raw meat, flour, cornmeal, herbs, dehydrated vegetables, nuts, and with the adapters, large and small-mouthed jars of nuts and dehydrated vegetables and fruits as well as wine. Gone are the days of ice-encrusted mystery blobs in the freezer. It is so nice to be able to cook up 5-10 lbs of meat, seal it into 1-2 lb portions, have it handy for a quick meal and not have to worry about it getting that nasty freezer taste if I don't use it in a month or so. I've also used it for sealing up individual cooked enchiladas for my teens to quickly reheat as well as individual soup portions that has been frozen in muffin tins to quickly toss into my lunch bag. I recommend it to all of my friends. The money that I have saved from throwing out frozen chunks of mystery blobs and flour and meal that has gone rancid has already paid for this. I don't put anything in my freezer unless it's vacuum sealed. I'm the only wine drinker in my house and I've been able to make a bottle of red wine last several days by using the bottle adapters.

Order with confidence.

Miracell 37+ Help For 37 Plus Skin Conditions, 0.5 Oz.
Miracell 37+ Help For 37 Plus Skin Conditions, 0.5 Oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have in our medicine cabinet, November 3, 2013
I have been using this for the past 4-5 years and am absolutely sold on it. When we have small cuts or scrapes, it's the first thing we apply after cleaning the wound and speeds healing noticeably. When my doctor said that it was safe to remove the dressing from the incision sites of a recent laprascopic procedure, I began applying MiraCell and it noticeably healed the incisions more quickly. I've also used it when cooking and hot liquid pops out and burns a spot on a finger or hand. No medicine cabinet should be without it. I recommend this to all of my friends.

FoodSaver FSFRSH0051 FreshSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealing System, White
FoodSaver FSFRSH0051 FreshSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealing System, White
Price: $19.96
34 used & new from $10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not suction at all - DO NOT waste your money!, October 22, 2013
I was thrilled when this came in today and immediately started to use it; or should I say, attempted to use it. It arrived with enough charge to where it should have worked. I put some cheese in one of the bags that came with it, made sure the zipper seal was sealed and placed the device over the valve exactly as directed. The device turned on but nothing happened. I tried repositioning the device - still no luck. I got one of the bags out of the package of Food Saver brand bags that I ordered to go along with it. Again, insured that the zipper seal was sealed and put the device in place. Still no luck. I thought that perhaps it wasn't charged enough so I put it on the charger for several hours; putting it on the charger did not resolve the issue. I have tried several more times, making sure that there are no holes in the bag and have yet to get a suction. When I put it up to my cheek, I discovered that it is blowing air out rather than pulling air in. I know that I am not the first person that this has happened to. I'm torn between going through the hassle of attempting to return it, tossing it and just writing off the $16 and spending more money for a completely different brand, or spending another $10 (plus $8 shipping) on an adapter for my Game Saver.

What a disappointing piece of junk!

MSM Lotion - Lavendar, 8oz
MSM Lotion - Lavendar, 8oz
Offered by RawReform
Price: $10.88
2 used & new from $10.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Won't use anything else, October 20, 2013
This review is from: MSM Lotion - Lavendar, 8oz (Misc.)
I've used this particular lotion for at least 4 years. I tried using another ecofriendly moisturizer and after only 2 weeks, I went back to this tried & true MSM Lotion. The difference in my skin was immediate. I'm in my mid-40's and have dry skin as well as a touch of rosacea. My skin is soft, the rosacea isn't quite as bad, and it goes on beautifully without feeling greasy; it's perfect for wearing under make-up. I put it on every morning and every evening. From now on, I won't use any other moisturizer. When you've found the best, no need to try to the rest. Order this with confidence.

KitchenAid KFP7I5 7-Cup Food Processor, White
KitchenAid KFP7I5 7-Cup Food Processor, White
Price: $87.53
5 used & new from $64.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked ok but won't buy another, October 20, 2013
I bought mine at a big box store and had it for about 4 years. On average, I used it 2-3 times/month until the safety mechanism on the handle broke this weekend. It's not fancy and does the basics - chopping, shredding and slicing. I like the pulse feature. What I didn't like is the weight. It's extremely heavy for a food processor. I also didn't like the fact that the safety mechanism broke after several years of fairly light use. I won't be buying this model again.

Vegemite 150g Jar
Vegemite 150g Jar
Offered by Zorba Online
Price: $11.73
5 used & new from $8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely an acquired taste but I love it, October 18, 2013
This review is from: Vegemite 150g Jar (Misc.)
We are blessed to have Aussie neighbors who introduced us to Vegemite. I love it. Vegemite simply has to be experienced. It is strong, strong, strong. As my mom once said, a little dab will do ya. There is nothing that we have in America that can even remotely compare to it. Perhaps the closest thing, and it's a big stretch, that I could compare it to is one of the jars of beef base, minus the beef flavor and increase the salt by 50. My neighbor suggested putting it on toast with butter, which tones it down a bit. I love it that way. I'll also mix it with cream cheese and dip pretzels or pita chips in it for a snack. I get it locally and will get another jar as soon as this one is finished off. I'm over halfway through my first jar. If you've never tried Vegemite, give it a try.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6