ARRAY(0x958d330c)

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Heath "batman_7" RSS Feed (Eastgate, OH United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Oontz Angle Ultra-portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
The Oontz Angle Ultra-portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Offered by Cambridge SoundWorks Outstanding Sound Quality and Performance at Factory Direct Prices
Price: $69.99
4 used & new from $35.00

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price you can't beat it, April 3, 2014
I have been looking at this product for about 5 months now. I had been looking for a good bluetooth speaker that did not break the bank and sounded good. I looked at about a dozen different speakers from Creative, jawbone, Bose, JBL and everything in between. I had settled on this and asked my family for it for Christmas and then they surprised me and got me a Bose Mini.

Now I love my Bose but considering it's price, there are some places I hesitate to take it, so I got some extra cash and picked this up as a secondary speaker to "play" with. Now sound wise, compared to the Bose, hands down, the Bose wins, but that's not a fair comparison, price wise, etc. For 40 bucks you can't beat this speaker. It sounds just as good as much more expensive models that are around 100 bucks or so. Set up is super easy and it works, it's a solid piece of equipment and did I mention it's only 40 bucks?!?

I highly recommend it!

ProMaxx (IWC457/17S) Wheel Cover
ProMaxx (IWC457/17S) Wheel Cover
Offered by The Chrome Warehouse
Price: $32.80
3 used & new from $32.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement, December 27, 2013
I had lost a cover a while ago and spend a few months trying to find one that didn't cost 40 bucks for just one OEM. I mean really?! It's just a cover for goodness sake, I found a few from the junk yard but they were all messed up for the most part, finally I came across these on Amazon and while not OEM, they are perfect, they look good and for the price you can't beat it.

Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Price: $199.00
11 used & new from $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanstastic, December 27, 2013
I just got this as a Christmas gift and I have to say, I love it. I had not wanted to spend this much, nor did I want anyone else in my family to spend this much but apparently they thought otherwise. I had been looking for a long while at getting a good mini speaker that sounded good and didn't break the bank. I always liked the Bose every time I listened to it. It was by far the best sounding mini speaker I heard, others sounded really good, Beats, Jawbone, a few of the Logitechs and JBL's. Most of those varied in price from about $50-$400 bucks. I spent hours listening to the different speakers and each time I came back and said, Bose sounds the best.

Music is not just about being "loud", today so much music is engineered wrong, you miss the subtle differences that is supposed to make up music. I am by no means a music snob, I love to crack up and rock out but there is more to music than just being loud. The way this thing sounds it gives you the right mix, you can hear the music, the vocals, all if it and it sounds balanced. In the end isn't that what a good speaker or even sound system is supposed to do?

All I can say is, if you are on the fence and can't decide, go with the Bose, sure you can save yourself some money and have something that is just OK or you can treat yourself and be happy. I opt for being happy, myself.

Missile Defender
Missile Defender
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, August 28, 2013
This review is from: Missile Defender (App)
Its a fun game, a great way to waste some time. I am digging it quite a bit. And as a free app of the day, it was a bargain!

Hoosiers [HD]
Hoosiers [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic feel good movie, June 14, 2013
What's not to love? One of the great all time classic feel good sports movies. I never tire of watching this.

Batman (1966) [HD]
Batman (1966) [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Batman, June 1, 2013
What's not to like, its Batman....who doesn't love Batman? Sure its camp but that is makes makes it great. I remember growing up on the TV show and not only does my grown son live this movie but so does my grandson.

Yamaha RX-V375 5.1 Channel 3D A/V Home Theater Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Premier Audio Video
Price: $237.97
25 used & new from $177.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good AV Receiver, May 11, 2013
I just picked this up on Thursday and hooked it up today. All in all it was a breeze. It took me about an hour to hook it up, test it with my various devices, a Samsung HD DVR cable box, my Samsung TV, my Blu Ray player and my Roku. All are performing as expected (mostly, get to that in a sec).

I did a bunch of research on this and a few other receivers, from Pioneer, Onyko and Sony. My needs were a receiver with at least 5.1 surround (my current set up) and HDMI switching and the ability to work with the Netflix 5.1 surround on my Roku. I was concerned about the Netflix/Roku 5.1 surround after doing some research and hearing a bunch of horror stories with various receivers not working right, well, actually I think it's more of a Roku 2 issue. But a number of budget receivers like this one and some higher end ones, all seemed to have a bit of the issue. Some also had a "handshake" issue with some cable boxes. Even though there were some work around with a number of the receivers, I personally refuse to pay a lot of money for something and then spend hours "hacking" something to get it to work like it was advertised to. Now to be fair, most of the issues with a number of receivers where 2012 and earlier models, but I didn't want to spend over $350 for this set up so there were a lot of deals on 2012 models but even with firmware updates there were still issues with some people's systems.

Well as I said, I can report after hooking this up and testing it, all are working, there is a delay with the Roku though once you get into a movie with at least 5.1 surround sound. It takes about 10-15 seconds for the video to show up once you select a movie. And this was with any service, Netflix, Vudu, Amazon and Plex. Now once it came up, all is good, but with the blu ray and my TV once it's on, it's on, no real delay. And while 10-15 seconds is not to bad, it's still a bit of a bummer, especially with shows that start right up. But I can live with it, I am hoping a firmware update might help a bit as well.

Overall the system is really easy to set up and the included mic to help set the surround sound is pretty sweet, just plug in the mic, got to set up and it calibrates it in about 3 minutes, and it sounds great. Music sounds really well as well, with an Ipod or just a USB plug, no issues as all. In fact, if not for the delay with the Roku, this would be a 5 star receiver for the money.

I would recommend this system to anyone who is looking for a solid base system.

Edit - update on Roku streaming

I can confirm that the delay from the Roku while watching HD content was indeed because of the Roku device. I just updated to the Roku 3 and there is no delay at all. So if anyone is concerned about this issue, it is a non one with the Roku 3

Edit 2 - I updated my review to 5 stars because the issue of the delay with the Roku and Netflix was indeed from the Roku 2. Also I have had this unit for a while now and I still love it and combined with my Logitech remote watching tv, movies, roku and listening to music is a breeze... Overall this is a really good entry receiver.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2013 2:48 PM PDT

Sony A65 24.3 MP Translucent Mirror Digital SLR With 18-55mm Lens
Sony A65 24.3 MP Translucent Mirror Digital SLR With 18-55mm Lens
Offered by Willoughby's Established 1898
Price: $798.00
16 used & new from $529.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic camera, March 24, 2013
I bought this camera about a month ago after previously having the Sony Alpha a230. I got the Sony as I had an old Minolta camera that went toast and after playing around with point and shoots, I wanted a "real" camera again. I had been looking to upgrade from the a230 and was considering a number of options from the more compact Nex and the like to Cannon, Nikkon and others. I had been holding out on those, however, as I do shoot quite a bit of video as well and while a lot of DSLR's and compacts do video, it really wasn't up to snuff for me. I had also considered just getting a dedicated video camera but really wanted something that could shoot pics and video very well. Well after a ton of research and months of waiting I pulled the trigger on the A65 and I could not be happier.

The camera shoots excellent pictures and there are a ton of settings, most of which have already been covered in other reviews here and else where. Not a lot of the reviews talk about the video quality and I have to say that it's simply beautiful. Low light performance was a major factor in deciding on what camera to buy as most point and shoot and entry level video camera's really suffer in this area even in just normal indoor lighting. This camera is awesome in low light, average light, good light, etc. It does take a bit of tweaking but the auto focus is really good as well. I shot some video at the Dead Sea Scroll exhibit in Cincinnati, which you can check out here if you like. [...] view it at 1080 full screen and you can really see what I am talking about.

There are a few things to get used to, when in auto focus mode the onboard mic can pick up some sounds as camera lens is trying to focus, if you or your subject is doing a lot of movement. It usually only happens when you are zooming in or trying to get close up, but if there is ambient noise it's not really noticeable. It's so good at video, that I may use it more for video than I intended. I have no doubt that you could make a short film very easily with this camera, you would need a few things but at the cost and the quality I don't think it can be beat right now.

Overall This is a great camera, Sony really is doing a good job with the Alpha's, I highly recommend it to anyone.

amFilm (TM) Premium Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2-Pack) (NOT for the newest Nexus 7) [in AM Retail Packing]
Offered by TechMatte
Price: $7.95
2 used & new from $7.95

4.0 out of 5 stars works as advertised, November 17, 2012
I ordered these the other day and so far, so good. As is the case with protectors like this, you just have to make sure that your screen is completely clean and do it in an area with as little dust as possible. I had some dust issues with the first screen I had to put on but they give you 2 and the second went on without any major issues. For the price, you can't beat it.

Green Lantern [Blu-ray]
Green Lantern [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Ryan Reynolds
Price: $9.96
183 used & new from $2.70

1.0 out of 5 stars Flixster/Ultraviolet is horrible, October 18, 2011
This review is from: Green Lantern [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
First off I really liked the movie, if I was just rating the movie, it would probably be 3 1/2 stars, however, I have spent 4 days now trying to get this so called "digital copy". I knew what Ultraviolet was, and I thought it had promise to be used to stream to any device not locked to just one service (itunes), but it doesn't work. First off you have to sign into 4 different services to even get this stuff to maybe work, [...] some ultraviolet site and to "manage" your collection flixster collections...when in trying to link all of these useless accounts I can no longer access the movie to stream. So I am left with a product that does not work and customer service is a joke. I have been bounced around from site to site and from rep to rep who keep telling me to do the same thing over and over again, no matter how many times I tell them what has happened and what the issue is.

This flixster ultraviolet "suckloution" is the worst ever, you are better off ripping the DVD...
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2012 1:11 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3