Profile for M. Halloway > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Halloway "madcat" RSS Feed (McGregor Bay, ON Canada)

Dorcy Waterproof LED Flashlight 41-2510, 55-Lumens, Yellow
Dorcy Waterproof LED Flashlight 41-2510, 55-Lumens, Yellow
Price: $6.98
36 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flashlight, October 3, 2014
We bought these to replace the flashlights that came in our boat safety kits. They have to be waterproof, and what a bonus that these float. The light is bright, and they are easy on batteries. Cheap enough to stock up on, we have one for each grandkid when they come to visit.

Frogg Toggs Ultra-lite2 Rain Suit W/stuff Sack - Medium, Blue
Frogg Toggs Ultra-lite2 Rain Suit W/stuff Sack - Medium, Blue
Offered by Bois Blanc Sports
Price: $18.09
32 used & new from $13.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great packable rain suit, October 3, 2014
This rain suit is exactly what I needed. I commute to work by boat, and the weather is unpredictable. I needed a rain suit that was easy to stuff in my backpack, and that I could wear alone on warm days, or layered over sweatshirt, etc. on cooler days. The fit is just as expected, perfect even over layers, and so far the material seems sturdy.

Hi-Tec Women's Altitude Glide WP Light Hiking Boot,Dark Chocolate,8.5 M US
Hi-Tec Women's Altitude Glide WP Light Hiking Boot,Dark Chocolate,8.5 M US
Offered by Wild Sherpa
Price: $81.30
4 used & new from $80.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, October 3, 2014
I was a little worried about buying hiking boots online, but these got good reviews overall. They are true to size, and only took a day to break in, with just mild discomfort to my right ankle. The next day there was no soreness remaining, and I wore the boots comfortably all day. I found out today these boots are definitely water-proof, which is important to me. I work outside around the water a lot, and having wet feet in the fall is very annoying. They also have great traction. My old boots would slip on tree roots and rocks, and these grip well even on wet rocks. I've had them about 2 weeks now, and I'm very happy with my purchase.

The Complete Joy of Homebrewing Third Edition
The Complete Joy of Homebrewing Third Edition
by Charlie Papazian
110 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Goto book for homebrewing, October 3, 2014
This is the book that got my husband involved in homebrewing. I bought it for him after he had back surgery and was bed-bound; tired of watching Ironsides reruns. He read it and as soon as he was on his feet, started acquiring the equipment to make his own beer. At first he made all extract beer, which he bottled, but now he is making partial grain beer and kegging it. This book gives tips and advice for all, and is still a primary reference for my husband. The most recent copy I bought was for my brother-in-law, who expressed interest in homebrewing. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is just curious, or intends to

I Am Livia
I Am Livia
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I thoroughly enjoyed this book, August 31, 2014
This review is from: I Am Livia (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I found it engaging, and it really humanized a part of history that had always just been facts and figures to me before. It also shed a different light on the relationship between Antony and Cleopatra.

PowerGen® Black 2.4-Amp (12 Watt) Dual USB Wall Charger w/flip down Plug Designed for Apple and Android Devices
Offered by POWERGEN
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for home or travel, February 25, 2014
My husband travels frequently, and this is the perfect charger for him. It doesn't take up much room in his suitcase, and he can charge his Apple and non-Apple electronics at the same time, even if there is only one outlet available.

Downton Abbey Season 1 [HD]
Downton Abbey Season 1 [HD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining show, February 15, 2014
I resisted watching this, thinking it would be just another hyped up trend. I finally gave in, and I'm so glad I did. Fascinating to get a glimpse of this other world, and there is always some scandalous thing or another happening. I'm hooked.

Kitchenworks Whistling Tea Kettle in Metallic Blue
Kitchenworks Whistling Tea Kettle in Metallic Blue
Offered by YY Dreamland
Price: $23.99
11 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as gift, January 27, 2014
I was told the recipient loved it - it works great and the whistle is not annoying. The price was reasonable and shipping was fast.

Wabash Valley Farms 25008 Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper
Wabash Valley Farms 25008 Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper
Price: $19.99
39 used & new from $18.04

5.0 out of 5 stars We're on our second popper, October 24, 2008
Our first popper lasted over 10 years, and is still usable, but the gears stick a bit. We have had our new one for about 3 months, and it is just as great as the first one. It makes perfect popcorn quickly, using just inexpensive bulk popcorn, and I can't recommend it highly enough. We, too, went through various hot air poppers, and were using microwave popcorn (terrible for you) until my sister and brother-in-law gave us our first whirley popper. I was very happy to find this replacement for it when it became more difficult to use. If you are a popcorn lover, you will love this.

Woodstove Cookery: At Home on the Range
Woodstove Cookery: At Home on the Range
by Jane Cooper
Price: $9.77
75 used & new from $0.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know, December 6, 2006
I bought this book in March 2000, right after we purchased a refurbished Elmira Sweetheart style wood cookstove. It is the perfect companion to using the woodstove for heating, cooking, or both. There are detailed descriptions of all the components of the stove, plus how to clean it and what type of wood to use for best results. It also has a bit of amusing history, and lots of tasty recipes. This is the only book you need for learning to use your wood cookstove efficiently.