Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th
Profile for M. Gallina > Reviews

Browse

M. Gallina's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Gallina RSS Feed (New Jersey)

Sansui HDLCD4050 40-Inch 1080p LCD TV
Sansui HDLCD4050 40-Inch 1080p LCD TV

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice HD, poor SD, December 6, 2011
Bought this Tv at a can't beat it price of $299 on Black Friday so we really wanted this to work out. Unfortunately, no matter how much we tinker with the controls or what setting we use the picture in SD is not natural. The colors are just too bright and inconsistent from channel to channel. On the positive side, the HD picture is gorgeous.. we have it connected through our cable DVR. Believe it has an HD Tuner so may not even need it to get HD. The sound, often a problem in these TVs, is solid and clear in our midsize living room without having to turn it up all the way.

Reluctantly, we've decided to return the TV because of the standard picture (people too pink or too pale is just annoying!) Getting a 37" Panasonic instead.

HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One Printer
HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One Printer
7 used & new from $135.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy for scanner!, June 16, 2008
We were in search of a scanner with Automatic Document Feed to replace a 3 year old Dell All in One. We purchased the HP C7280 at Staples because we wanted it immediately. We assumed the printer and fax functions would be fine because of HPs reputation. We did not expect so many problems from the scanner. In no order, beware:
1. LARGE FILE SIZES - With Paperport 10 software still in our computer, a single page PDF document at 150 dpi resolution is about 15k of memory. No matter how poorly we set the HP resolution or adjusted any setting, we could not get a page below 425k. Imagine e-mailing a 4Meg 10 page document.
2. SLOW START EVERY TIME - I'm used to hitting the Scan button and seeing the machine begin scanning right away. The HP has a 20 second delay before it even starts pulling the page. At EVERY new scan job.
3. INCOMPLETE SCANS - On a normal scanner, if you scan an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper that has text on only the top half of the page, when you view the image you see the entire page even if the bottom half is just white. The HP software tries to save just the text portion. I could live with this if it worked. Over 50 % of the items I scanned completely ignored - missed some or most of the writing on a page which made the scan COMPLETELY unusable.
4. NO REAL USER SETUP OPTIONS - Try to go through every option of every screen of the scanner setup menus or the all-in-one setup menus to correct these problems and be frustrated at how little of significance you can control.

HP would be better marketing this as a printer - copier - fax and leaving the scanner off. From my research, apparently good scanning software is an industry wide problem.

Disney Princess Ariel Dolphin Chariot
Disney Princess Ariel Dolphin Chariot
Offered by MEGA ToyLand
Price: $39.99
7 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but still fun after 2 years, June 16, 2008
My 6 year old daughter has had this for 2 years. She takes the dolphins off and plays with them. She really likes the Under the Sea song. She likes that sometimes it plays the whole song, not just a small piece. She likes that the whole coach sparkles. The star seat belt clip came off easily, and the spinning dolphin is too heavy for the axel and doesn't spin. After two years, she still enjoys it.

Help! (Deluxe Edition)
Help! (Deluxe Edition)
DVD ~ The Beatles
Offered by newbury_comics
Price: $59.99
22 used & new from $28.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Let Go and Enjoy the Deluxe Edition if you're Able, December 22, 2007
This review is from: Help! (Deluxe Edition) (DVD)
If you have the means to afford the deluxe edition, go ahead. I read the reviews here when Help! was released that the Deluxe edition charged too much extra money for the books, poster, and theater cards. I took the plunge anyway. They're probably right that those materials aren't worth the extra $80, but I let myself enjoy the whole package. I read along with the script, I enjoyed the picture book. The book shelf packaging looks nice on the shelf. If you can't afford it or you view these things as a value proposition, get the movie only for $20. If you go Deluxe like I did, once I made the decision to buy, I was going to enjoy it and not ever think about the price again. Go for it!