Profile for Smith > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 78

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Smith RSS Feed (GA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
TP-LINK TL-WR841N Wireless N300 Home Router, 300Mpbs, IP QoS, WPS Button
TP-LINK TL-WR841N Wireless N300 Home Router, 300Mpbs, IP QoS, WPS Button
Price: $19.68
114 used & new from $13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better range than my old D link router and it ..., December 3, 2014
I will leave it to everyone else to break down the specs. I just wanted to confirm as of Dec 2014 this thing is a hidden gem.

Much better range than my old D link router and it works very well.

Only thing I would do it mount it high on the wall. Put it head level or higher in the corner of the room if you want the best range. So many people put it on the desk and wonder why they cant get a signal in the bedroom across the house. You need line of sight with anything that broadcasts or transmits. If you put it on the desk, computer towers, refrigerators and other metal objects block and bounce the signal round. This you get low signal strength.

My advice would be to mount it above head level out of sight and then go to lowes and get a plastic wire cover the mounts on the wall and looks like a flat speed bump on the wall. It hides the cords. Makes it look very professionally installed and stops your wife from yelling at you that the dangling cords look unsightly. Been there done that.

IPCC-7210W - 3X Optical Zoom, HD 1Mega Pixel, Plug and Play, Wireless, Metal, Outdoor Dome Camera with IR Nightvision, BlueIris compatible - color White
Offered by Servus
Price: $229.95
8 used & new from $200.92

1.0 out of 5 stars ... and reading reviews I found this to be the best camera in the price range, December 3, 2014
After a month of searching and reading reviews I found this to be the best camera in the price range. I was even willing to go a hundred dollars higher but the reviews on all these cameras is so mixed. I took a gamble and choose this one because most people have positive experiences.

The good.

Built like a tank. Solid metal. Has a very powerful IR night mode. I can illuminate way over 40 feet easily and I can easily see anything in the area that might be a threat or need to be monitored. over 40 feet at night I don't consider invading my space.

Easy to set up for me but I have above average networking skills. If you get lost there are you tube videos on this model that will help you.

Uses optical zoom to bring things closer. Very important you find an optical zoom because digital zooms get blocky if you go zoom in too close.

Why didn't I give it 5 stars? It seems to auto focus every now and then and its blurry. I thought it might be the objects I am looking at but its not. Silly auto focus at time on the one I got.

Works with blue Iris software ( I bought it off amazon )

WiFi did not interfere with my home network. (some reviews said this might happen. Everything works well with this running)

----------------------------------

The bad.

Good cameras cost over 1000 bucks so you have to really understand that a bit of compromise is needed since you are paying 75% less. With that being said here is what I don't like.

Picky auto focusing.

Low WiFi frame rates even though its outside my window 20 feet away from the router.

Optical zoom is ok but 3x isn't enough. I didn't see anything over 3x with great reviews so this was bought as a starter camera.

------------------------

The verdict.

I would buy another one and might because it is great for this price point. Good starter camera if you are new to this. Buy this camera and blue iris software to record on your pc. I would also make sure you have over 100 gig of free space to store the video on. I have mine set to max resolution 1080p and it chews up hard drive space and I have it set to motion recording only. All in all this is a good deal for the money and I can recommend. The only thing I would do if you have a bit more money to spend is see if there is a model above this with good reviews and a 10x of higher optical zoom. I didn't see one at the time of this writing.

Added. 6 months later all I have been having is problems. Lackluster set focus. Terrible frame rates. You name it it has happened. Can not recommend anymore. Every month there is a new issue. Check out the 40 dollar HOSAFE cameras from amazon. Much better picture quality.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2015 5:25 PM PST

Grasslands Road Blue Knit Fish Pillow, 5 by 14-Inch
Grasslands Road Blue Knit Fish Pillow, 5 by 14-Inch
Offered by Save With Style
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is very fishy., August 14, 2014
I cant stop this little fish from breeding! Seriously.. I bought one fish and now I have 8 little ones all over the room. I mean wow. Who would have thought. Just beware it looks bigger in the picture than it really is. :)

If I needed a fish pillow I would buy it again.

Its cute.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Wireless Charging Battery Cover -White
Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Wireless Charging Battery Cover -White
Offered by ShimonTech
Price: $27.99
16 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a keeper!, August 14, 2014
Yes it works great!!!! Wireless charging is awesome! The otter box commuiter case works ok with it. Only leaves a slight gap but that tiny gap gives my fingers a bit of grip to hold it. Charges fine in the case. No issues.

Not much else to say. I would buy this again if it broke somehow. Its a high quality rear cover...for being made out of plastic.

Shears; EMT/Scissors combo pack w/holster -Tactical All Black
Shears; EMT/Scissors combo pack w/holster -Tactical All Black
Offered by BP MEDICAL SUPPLIES
Price: $14.44
3 used & new from $13.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the price., August 14, 2014
Average. Fine for the price. Not great and not terrible. Metal is a matt type finish and feels odd. Yup they work and Yup the price point was fine but all in all.... they are just average. I am not disappointed but these are not a hidden gem for a low price like I have found before. It cuts and works fine.

What did I expect? Not really sure. Buy it and you will see what I mean.

Pros would be the price.

Not sure the cons. I would probably would not buy this again if I lost it. I'd look for something a bit costlier with higher quality steel in it.

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Quadcopter with FPV HD Video Camera and 3-Axis Gimbal (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by wacky jacky
Price: $949.90
33 used & new from $649.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of the motors sputtering. Booooo!, August 14, 2014
One motor defective from factory..... Was super excited to get this. I planned on being very careful in its operation since it looks fragile by the camera. Opened it up to find everything is awesomely packed and it came in under 24 hours from Amazon 1 day shipping. Sadly after reviewing the entire manual.... motor number 3 is sputtering right out of the box with zero flight time. Started the motors via... both sticks in at an angle... and they all reved up except one. That little stinker sputtered. I held it down with me hand so it wouldn't leave the driveway and throttled up only to find the motor would not speed up. Had I punched it.... the copter would have flipped over and it would have looked like I broke it. So my $1300.00 investment is now back in the box with zero flight time and ready for the UPS man to pick up. I got all of 30 seconds driveway test time. I will update this on the weekend because Amazon just sent me notice the replacement will be here sat! Woot Woot Amazon. Not your fault the product was defective. But great job fixing the issue.

Updated 22 Aug 14

Still wont raise my star level because people need to know some of these will be DOA. Its a well known issue of one of the motors might sputter on the initial flight. Do not power it up if one motor is not performing like all the others.

The new one came in one day. Perfect this time. Brought it up like normal. Fly's nice. I will let the other people go into detail on the unit. I just wanted to explain the motor issue.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I would buy again in a heartbeat. A++, July 25, 2014
Works like any Serpa holster but because the Taser is so chunky it doesn't pull out of the holder as smoothly as a glock would. I don't think its the fault of the holster so much as the silly shape of the Taser. I have Serpa hostlers for all my guns because I like them the best. The solid finger release is just fantastic. This is a chunky little holster but it holds it perfect. I used my while doing security at an ATV park. Rode around for 3 days and it didn't move - fall out or ever give me concern on losing a $900.00 weapon.

The only thing that happened is the dust of the trail built up in the holster and I had to clean it every night because the grit was rubbing the finish of the gun...

No big deal. I expected that to happen under severe conditions like dust and sand.

All in all this is exactly what you would expect from Blackhawk only its a bit chunky due to the size of the weapon its holding.

I would buy again.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Qi Compatible Wireless Charging Pad w/ 2amp Travel Charger (Compatible with Wireless Charging S-View and Flip Cover Case) - Desktop Charger Charging Pad - Gray/ Silver
5 used & new from $25.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it so much I am buying a 2nd and 3rd one for work and my home office., July 25, 2014
Bought the S5 and really hated the little USB door on the bottom. I really wanted to skip plugging in wires. Not only that, wireless charging is something that should have already been out on every phone! Its not really like they are losing money on selling you a wire to charge it. This pad uses the same connector as older android phones and it plugs into the base. This pad is bigger than the S5 and sloped to help you keep phone on pad. I didn't like some of the other mini charging pads as they made you balance the phone on a tiny pad and it could get knocked over by children on pets slamming into my desk. This charging pad is bigger than the phone and charges excellently. When I put it on the pad for the first time it instantly popped up a message saying its charging and seemed to fill up the battery fast. All in all I kept it all Samsung for the back cover and the charger. It works very well and doesn't seem to get hot when it charges. Maybe a dad warm but nothing to freak out about.

Pros - All OEM and works perfectly together. Good for lazy people and people in a hurry because all you have to is put it down to charge. No looking for a cord to charge because you kids stole them. Chances are they wont have wireless charging and the charger will never be thefted. Works excellently.

Cons - Large - need a nice space for it on your desk or office. About 20 bucks more than non OEM chargers ( but you get quality for the extra $$ )

All in all I like it so much I am buying one for my work and from now on if the phone cant charge wirelessly I am not buying it. Its just that cool. I feel this is one of those things you don't know you will love until you use it.

ACE Elastic Bandage with Hook Closure, 3 Inches (Pack of 2)
ACE Elastic Bandage with Hook Closure, 3 Inches (Pack of 2)
Price: $10.98
5 used & new from $10.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice. Used it on a victim and am buying more., July 7, 2014
Loved it. Buying more. Has Velcro closing tab when you get to the end of it. Wish it was cheaper but I need a few more.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Thin media. Ripped when I installed it and I am an ex-heating and air professional., July 7, 2014
Thin paper. Mine ripped putting it in. This is a low quality replacement filter. Buy OEM.. don't try to go cheap like me. I did heating an air for 4 years and put this system in my house when it was built. Had a bunch of filters in the last 7 years and this one is not so rugged. Keep in mind you only need to replace this once a year if you live in a mild area or every 6 months if you always have the heat and air on. Might as well spend a few more bucks and get a good one. The trick to putting these in is take the comb and start from the middle. Get each tine in a fold and press the first one in. Once you have one in take the 2nd comb and slide it down next to the first. Slide the 2nd comb all the way to the left or right and lock it down. It all makes sense if you have this unit. I used to run calls where the customers would get so mad at these they would smash them in an break things. Perfectly understandable. The person with the most patience needs to change the filter. They are tricky but worth every dollar. Again I cant recommend this one due to the poor quality. If you cant afford any better these will work but they are very thin so be careful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8