Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for Second Wind > Reviews

Browse

Second Wind's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Second Wind RSS Feed (Torrington, CT)

Page: 1 | 2
DMW-CLX7E-K Leather case for LX7 (Black)
DMW-CLX7E-K Leather case for LX7 (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one, June 23, 2015
Perfect in every way.
Sadly, I lost it on a train in Italy and just don't know if I have it in me to spend this kind of money again.
I tried a substitute and it was so very inferior to this case that I no longer use it.

MegaGear "Ever Ready" Protective Dark Brown Leather Camera Case, Bag for Panasonic Lumix Lx7
Price: $24.90
4 used & new from $17.71

2.0 out of 5 stars It was average until it broke., June 23, 2015
After only 5 months of moderate use the rivet that holds the snap for the bottom connection separated from the case material. This essentially renders the product useless and since it is not leather it is not worth repairing even if it were possible.
Until that point it was a four star product in my mind. Not a perfect fit but functional. I also did not like the fact that the anchors for the strap were aligned either at, or slightly below center, so that when held by the strap the camera tends to lean forward rather than stay straight up and down.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sealey Ratchet Screwdriver 4-In-1
Sealey Ratchet Screwdriver 4-In-1

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable handle. Smooth ratchet action, September 12, 2014
After misplacing a multi-bit screwdriver that we always keep handy in a kitchen drawer I ordered this; exactly right for my purposes. It isn't presented with much of a description but I was pleasantly surprised at the features:
11 standard sized bits
4 tiny bits with its own screwdriver handle
A magnetized rod that extends to 15" for those dropped screws
Breaks apart to become a "stubby" screwdriver.
Very comfortable handle.
Smooth ratchet action.
... and all of that fits in the handle.
Ships from the UK so it takes a little longer - but worth the wait.

The Station Agent [HD]
The Station Agent [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Kind of creeps up on you, April 1, 2014
A deliberately slow moving, well acted, touching story of connections between credible and fascinating characters. A meditation on being human.

The Mission
The Mission
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost forgot how great this was. As good if not better on the revisit., January 3, 2014
This review is from: The Mission (Amazon Instant Video)
Loved this movie 25 years ago and it works just as well today. Cinematography, acting, power of the story and SOUNDTRACK.

Kness 102-0-021 Snap-E® Mousetraps
Kness 102-0-021 Snap-E® Mousetraps
Offered by Pest Control Pros
Price: $4.95
11 used & new from $1.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget other "better mouse traps", December 5, 2012
Simple, durable, easy to set and as an added bonus - it catches mice! Last season (early fall is when they seem to want to come in and get comfortable) I used Ortho;s press and set which were also effective but these are even easier to set and never miss - ruthlessly efficient.

Canon PowerShot A4000IS 16.0 MP Digital Camera with 8x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom 28mm Wide-Angle Lens with 720p HD Video Recording and 3.0-Inch LCD (Red)
Offered by Classic Tech
Price: $179.00
24 used & new from $92.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, until it wasn't, September 5, 2012
I was very happy with this camera, it was exactly what I expected, exactly as advertised and I have taken well over 1000 photos with it. Of a sudden, for no apparent reason, it developed a fine line that runs vertically through every image, dividing the image exactly in half. This is clearly not a lens scratch or other bump or drop type of damage, this is some electronic gremlin that decided to pay a visit and won't go away.
Unfortunately, my return window is closed and I am sending it off to Canon today in the hopes of getting the camera back functioning as it was 3 months ago.
Keep you posted.

Update: Contacted Canon and within a week I had a replacement. It was refurbished but looks new to me. Canon could not have been more accomodating and polite. They did not want the accessories returned and so as an added bonus I now have an extra charger and battery. Add another star to this review.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2012 10:46 AM PST

PUR 18 Cup Dispenser with One Pitcher Filter DS-1800Z
PUR 18 Cup Dispenser with One Pitcher Filter DS-1800Z
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $33.89
47 used & new from $25.69

1.0 out of 5 stars It leaks!, May 26, 2012
Set it up. Placed in fridge. What a mess.
The spiggot does not completely seal. A slow drip, drip, drip that amounts to a sizeable mess by morning.
... and now for the hassle of a return.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2015 11:40 AM PDT

Breville BDC600XL YouBrew Drip Coffee Maker
Breville BDC600XL YouBrew Drip Coffee Maker
2 used & new from $249.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, March 31, 2012
We own a single cup Kuerig, work at home, and drink too much coffee. We like it. Coffee from the Kuerig, however, conservatively costs twice what a coffee maker will, even factoring in the marketing hype about the wasted cups. We were also not proud of the number of empty k-cups we were putting back into the environment.
Weaning off k-cups meant that we could now seek out a coffee maker almost regardless of price; we would be ahead in almost no time. The single cup, the Breville name (we own a juicer), the insulated canister, a smaller environmental footprint and some of the better reviews caught my eye and we took the leap.
The disappointing: As others have reported, it is difficult to get a strong enough cup of coffee in single cup mode. I haven't given up, but so far any single cup attempt, at any setting, is weak. This is mitigated by a "duh" moment I had after a day or two. Whether you make a single cup, or a pot from grounds, or a pot from beans, you are still going through the same motions and cleaning the same gold filter. This is not single cup as in Kuerig- convenience; so I just don't use single cup. I make a small pot. The steal-a-cup feature means I wait no longer than single cup and the second cup never goes to waste around here.
The good: pretty much everything else. This is a well thought-out, well-built and capable coffee maker. We are very much enjoying discovering various types of coffee and the almost limitless brew settings that control the amount of beans released and the brew time. For perhaps the first time, I have become aware of the nuances of flavor, strength, acidity and aroma. I am not a connoisseur by any means, but I am learning what I like about coffee and not the limitations of a coffee maker. It seems to me this unit brews true to the coffee products you put in it.
Concerns I have seen in other reviews that I have not found to be problems:
Size - yes, but then you know that. Specs are there to see.
Not Hot Enough - no thermometer test, but although it isn't scalding, it's plenty hot and stays drinkable for a couple of hours if directions are followed.
Good cup of coffee - I can't support anything in the reviews to the contrary except the single cup as noted.
Conclusion: if gulp-and-run is what you are looking for then no. If you want to slow down a bit and enjoy coffee, then definitely.

Motorola SM2803AY1R8 EX122 Unlocked Phone with Touchscreen, 3 MP Camera and FM Radio - International Version - Steel Grey
2 used & new from $49.99

2.0 out of 5 stars No syncronization software .... seriously???, July 16, 2011
My wife and I have owned only Motorola unlocked phones now for many years (PEBL, SLVR, ZN300). When I lost my SLVR, I hunted for a replacement and immediately narrowed my search to Motorola as I have always been impressed with how solidly they are built and how easy they were to use. I was equally impressed with this EX122 when it arrived. Quality seemed up to standard, sound was better than expected and the touchscreen navigation and features are impressive. That said, it is what it is - a solid little touchscreen phone that I use to make calls, listen to a little music occasionally and rarely connect to the web (slow) for directions or MLB scores.
So, now it's time to hook up and transfer my hundred or so contacts to the new phone. After hours of unsuccessful attempts to connect the phone through Motorola's Phone Tools software, I connected with Motorola's support via Live Chat, which went something like this...
Rhea: Hi, my name is Rhea. How may I help you?
Me: I just bought an EX122 and I can't get any software to work that will sync with my PC
Rhea: I apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that we will be doing our best to assist you.
Me: I have Motorola phone tools from a previous phone and it doesn't seem to work
Rhea: Are you trying to transfer files?
Me: I am trying to transfer contact info like I did with my previous Motorola phones
Rhea: I have been checking and the EX122 is not compatible with the Motorola phone tools. I apologize.
Me: ok, let me understand this; I have a MOTOROLA phone that is not compatible with MOTOROLA software. Is this correct?
Rhea: That is correct.
Me: expressing astonishment and displeasure...
Rhea: I understand how you feel and I apologize for that. If you are trying to sync or transfer contacts from the phone to your computer, we could not do that on the phone since it is not compatible.

So as I sit doing a slow burn over this little glitch the number of stars I am willing to assign to this phone, and to Motorola, has dwindled to 2.
If there is anyone out there who has found an alternative to sync contacts with your PC, please let me know.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2011 4:57 AM PST