Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for u041 > Reviews

Browse

u041's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

u041 RSS Feed (New York, NY USA)

Uni-ball Power Tank Smart Series High Grade Ballpoint Pen - 0.7 mm - Black Body (japan import)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bait-and-switch?, June 17, 2014
I can't say much about the actual product since I never received it, this is why I am rating it the same as the current average rating.

I would like to say a few words about the seller, Santa Trading Japan (GBI), though. I hate to say this, but this looks like a case of bait-and-switch.

I ordered the Uni-ball Power Tank Smart Series High Grade Ballpoint Pen on 5/4/14 and on 6/1/14 I received the following email from the seller:

"Thank you for your order from our store.

We are sorry but the item you ordered has been discontinued and unobtainable;

Instead of this item, we shipped 1 of brown body, and 1 of pink body (both pens have a black ink)
So sorry for the inconvenience."

When I finally received the order 3 days ago, I was surprised to find that the product shipped was considerably inferior to the product ordered. The product I ordered is made of metal and has a list price of J¥1,000, but what I received is the plastic low-grade version (Product code: SN-201PT-07) which has a list price of J¥200 each. Even with 2 pens it's still less than half the retail price of the item ordered.

White Fang
White Fang
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read!, August 27, 2013
This review is from: White Fang (Kindle Edition)
It was awesome! I really like white fang's character because he is strong and smart. I really enjoyed reading this book.

Casio Men's WVA430DJ-1A Waveceptor Solar Atomic Ana-Digi Sport Watch
Casio Men's WVA430DJ-1A Waveceptor Solar Atomic Ana-Digi Sport Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Making adjustments to this great watch, June 4, 2009
I've had this watch for a couple of weeks now and I can't recommend it enough. It is a handsome looking watch with a nice grey face (with a slight blue tint). I've had other Tough Solar, Waveceptor watches from Casio and they are great. They are durable, never needs batteries, and set themselves to the atomic clock. I wanted an analog watch with these features for a reasonable price and this was it. I've read reviews about the watch prior to purchase and there were 2 complaints that stood out. One was about how easily the face scratched. The other was that the band was large and that it was not easily adjustable.

To counter the ease of scratching the watch face, some reviewers suggested getting Zagg's Invisible Shield to protect it ([...]). The optimal size, however, was not immediately apparent. Someone suggested using 43mm which is the width of the entire watch, but that seemed too large to me. I wanted the protective film to cover the glass portion of the watch face only. I eventually ordered the 32mm that fits perfectly over the front glass. The application of the Invisible Shield puts a Moiré-like pattern over the glass. I like the effect. I think it makes the watch more distinctive.

Fresh out of the box, the watchband was too large for me as well. It was, however, not very difficult adjusting this by myself. There are 7 links in the band that has small arrow symbols stamped on the back. These are the links that can be removed. You can apply a thin rod-like tool (such as a small screwdriver), on the pins connecting the links, and gently push or tap it using something like a small hammer (I used a pair of pliers) IN THE DIRECTION OF THE ARROW. If you look at the pins carefully, you will notice that the side closer to the "head" of the arrow has thin lines through the middle. This is the side that has the friction mechanism to keep them in place, so this is the side that the pins should come out. You need to remove the 2 pins on each side of the link to remove it. Once you remove enough links to make the size just right, you put the last pin back to connect the open links, then you are set. I've had to remove a total 4 links and so I removed 2 from each side of the clasp to keep the band "balanced".
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2011 1:06 PM PST