Profile for Jeff ten Bosch > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 75

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeff ten Bosch RSS Feed (New Jersey)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case for 11.6" Acer Chromebook 11 CB3-111 series Laptop (Pink)
Offered by iPearl-Inc
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Case for your Chomebook!, February 3, 2015
I bought the Acer Chromebook as the first computer for my daughter. I also felt that the Acer model seemed to be kid-friendly in the design, size, and weight. Only time will tell as to whether or not that is the case.

I felt the only thing additional I could do to extend the life of the Chromebook any further would be to add a case. I also felt that it added some personalization that would make using the computer a little more fun for her. The case fit quite snugly. So much so that it made me a bit nervous putting it on. I thought for sure the little clips would break. Great news in that it fit perfect and is a great addition to the Chromebook This isn't my first iPearl mCover, as I have a similar one for my MacBook Air, which I love.

I would definitely recommend getting one of these cases for your Chromebook. Only thing I would advise is to pay attention to the price as I think it can fluctuate a bit. Either way, it's a great value and I feel provides additional protection and personalization.

The Smart Guide to Single Malt Scotch Whisky (Smart Guides)
The Smart Guide to Single Malt Scotch Whisky (Smart Guides)
by Elizabeth Riley Bell
Price: $16.30
33 used & new from $9.45

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great feeling, to get a great book and meet ..., February 3, 2015
I had just taken up a fascination of Single Malt Scotch Whisky, when I happened to be visiting a large book retailer near Bethlehem, PA when I noticed this book on a large table. I picked it up and started going through the pages and realized that I really wanted this book. Shortly afterwards, I got a tap on my back and this women is asking me if I know anything about Scotch. My answer was 'no'. Come to find out, it was the author Elizabeth Riley Bell and she was there to sign the books. What a great feeling, to get a great book and meet the author on something that I had just gotten interested in.

Ok, so how about the book? The book is fantastic. It's a great learning resource on Scotch Whisky, how it's made, how to drink it, all the distilleries in Scotland, and a few other related things. I really enjoyed reading the book from cover to cover. However, most of all, I really enjoy using it as a reference when I'm ready to purchase my next bottle of Scotch. She provides great detail and information on each of the distillers, their history and what they're best known for, websites and whether they have a visitor center. I'd like to also add that this book could be a great resource should you ever be interested in taking a trip to Scotland and visit your favorite distillery.

I'd highly recommend this book to anyone that would like to learn more about Scotch Whisky. Even if you know quite a bit about Scotch, I'm sure there are some great details that you could still learn about. Overall, I think it's a great value as well.

GSP 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Audi A4 S4 B8 1.8t 2.0t 3.0t A5 S5 A7 S7 Jdm License Plate Mount Kit /Tow Hook
Offered by Instyleparts
Price: $48.00
4 used & new from $47.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as intended, June 19, 2014
Unfortunately, I live in a state that requires a front license plate. However, the grill design of the A5/S5/RS5 isn't fully appreciated with a big old ugly license plate covering the relatively large grill.

The installation is quite simple once you figure out what to do with the various scews. The directions are non-existent, so try and lay things out before you start installing. It's also important to figure out which placement hole you want to use on the plateholder as to not cover any headlights, foglights, or other vents. I would suggest that some loctite be used for the screw that's used to hold the plate holder. This isn't very easy to get tight and seems to come loose if it's rotated. The large bolt going into the bumper doesn't have that problem and can be tightened really well.

I would recommend to other Audi owners that want to show off their grill. It's a very simple design and accomplishes what I wanted. I think there may have been ways to make this a little bit better, and instructions with tips would have been nice.

Merrell Men's Ascend Glove Gore-Tex Trail-Running Shoe,Black,11 M US
Merrell Men's Ascend Glove Gore-Tex Trail-Running Shoe,Black,11 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe, June 19, 2014
I wasn't sure how this shoe would fit and/or what it's like going for a jog on a trail. Buying shoes online and not in a store comes with it's risks. However, I was quite pleased when they arrived and I tried them on. They are very comfortable and very light weight. Not quite what I was expecting from a trail running shoe. The fit is as I expected it to be. I have a 10.5 wide foot, so I selected a 11 medium.

These are great shoes, but I'm not sure how great they're on for heavy duty trails in the woods. They come lower than I would expect, so not much protection from a root sticking up or a rock. I wouldn't knock a star off for that, but something to be aware of.

Raising Cubby: A Father and Son's Adventures with Asperger's, Trains, Tractors, and High Explosives
by John Elder Robison
Price: $19.74
68 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story and I enjoyed reading it, June 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was interested in this book mostly because I thought it was fascinating that the author has AS. I was pretty naive about what that meant, so I figured I'd learn about that, plus this mans life. It ended up being a great father and son story, which as a father of a son (and daughter), I felt I connected with. I went through many emotions while reading their experiences together. Some were cringe-worthy, while others were tear-jerking.

It's pretty obvious that I would recommend to any father of children, and probably more so for any father with children with sociological differences. But, it's a really great story for all to read. I didn't feel I needed to explain the story at all since many other reviews have done that.

RaceQuip 350005 350 Series Large Black Single Layer Driving Gloves
RaceQuip 350005 350 Series Large Black Single Layer Driving Gloves
Offered by Shop Eddies
Price: $44.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for high performance track driving, September 18, 2013
I recently got into high performance driving clubs with my car. The first two times I took my car (to Pocono Raceway) had completely different weather conditions. The first time the weather started cool in the morning but quickly heated up by mid afternoon. This caused my hands to be quite sweaty. The second time I went, it poured rain for the first half of the day. On top of that, it was pretty cold. Having cold fingers while driving at speeds greater then 130 MPH isn't exactly 'fun'.

At first I wasn't sure if I should get single or dual layer gloves. Not really knowing how they would be different, I went ahead and bought the single layer gloves. They completely solve the cold/sweaty situation that I was having the first couple of times I went out. They're thick enough that they keep your hands warm, but don't seem to be too thick to retain heat. I believe it's the Nomex material that allows them to breath and prevent significant sweating. The leather palm provides excellent grip on the steering wheel. My car has a typical leather stitching steering wheel, but nothing really that fancy.

For those that take their car to the track on the weekends or a few times a year, I would highly recommend these gloves. It's just one less thing you have to worry about when you're driving at high speeds. This allowed my to put more focus on my technique and to be more comfortable.

6 Pocket Filter Wallet Case for Round or Square Filters + Premium MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Offered by Digital Goja
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my Cokin Filters and Adapter Rings, January 10, 2013
I was sick of carrying around my cokin filters and adapter rings in their relatively huge plastic cases. They come in this dark gray case that's pretty difficult to see what's inside. So, I was in the market for a compact case that would hold my 'small' set of large filters and adapters and allow me to easily see the filters. When I came across this case, I knew it was exactly what I needed. The cost was perfect as well.

I'm happy to say that I can easily fit 5 filters in here and I just stack my adapter rings and put in one pocket. I could probably fit additional filters if I sandwich them between a microfiber cloth for protection. This wallet fits perfectly in the outside pocket of my LowePro backpack, so it's easily accessible and allows me to swap out filters as I need to.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a compact case for your larger filters. The quality is as you'd expect and hope for and the price can't be beat.

Dr. Martens Men's Keith Lace up,Black,10 F(M) UK / 11 D(M) US
Dr. Martens Men's Keith Lace up,Black,10 F(M) UK / 11 D(M) US

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit and Built Well, November 29, 2012
I am biased towards Dr. Martens footwear. I've worn their shoes and boots for many many years. They're built incredibly well and are always comfortable. Especially these (the Keith Lace up). My actual foot size is somewhere between a 10 and 10.5, but my feet are wide, so I often get a standard size US11 shoe when there aren't wide sizes available. I seem to have the perfect size foot for Dr. Martens US11 because they always seem to fit great. They're not too long either. Just a perfect fit.

The color is a dark grey. I like this because I can wear with either blue or black jeans. Goes well with both. The shoes can take quite a bit of stress since the leather is so thick. They can simply be rubbed or buffed to look like new.

The only complaint I have, which isn't worth knocking a star is the length of the laces. I think because I have wide feet, the laces are a bit shorter then I'd like. When tying the shoe, the lace often slips out. I'll probably get longer laces at some point.

I'd highly recommend these shoes to anyone who wants a very well built shoe. These can take quite a beating and buff out to still look great.

Spanish Breakfast
Spanish Breakfast
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing wonderful music, February 6, 2012
This review is from: Spanish Breakfast (MP3 Music)
I first came across the song "Tasty City" which was used as background music to this amazing short film called Gravity. The short movie itself was pretty spectacular, and the use of this song made it that more fascinating.

The rest of the album follows a similar tone and atmosphere, which is very beautiful and often with gentle beats and sounds. This is electronic music that you can work out to or work to. You can play it quietly in the background as to not disturb what you're doing. That's not to say that you couldn't also crank it up and enjoy it loud!

My favorite track remains what brought me to know Rone, which is Tasty City. I would follow that by selecting Aya Ama as my next favorite track. The track La dame blanche is the 'clubiest' of the bunch.

There's really not a bad track on the album. For some reason I'm reminded of Trentmoller when listening. I would say Rone's music isn't as dark and mysterious, but still seems very similar. The good news I'm a huge fan of Trentmoller, so if you are to you should really love this album.

Star Wars Darth Vader's Tie Fighter Model Kit
Star Wars Darth Vader's Tie Fighter Model Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great 'little' model, December 31, 2011
After receiving this model, I can understand how some people were upset by the size and perhaps the quality. However, for me this model is perfect. I bought this model for my 6 year old son. Being a plastic model kit, I was worried that it wouldn't last more than the 10 minutes it took to put it together. Thankfully, after several days of pretty rough abused by a 6 year old and his 2 year old sister, the model has yet to have a broken piece. However (again), the wings are very loose and do come off easily and quite often. That's good and bad. It's good in that they come off before anything breaks. It's bad as I'm constantly putting it back together. I've considered putting a little bit of super glue, which will definitely keep it together. I bet once I do that it will break...

This model is great for the first time model builder. It's tough enough to stand up to playing with small children (at least for a week). It's very easy to assemble and should take no more then 10 minutes to do so. At the price this is being sold for, I wouldn't be deterred by the negative reviewers.

Pros
====
- Inexpensive
- Easy to assemble
- Looks great assembled with more detail then I was expecting
- Fairly durable

Cons
====
- The wings fall apart very easily
- Smaller then expected

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8