Profile for one_eight > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

one_eight RSS Feed (Houston, TX)

Sharx Security SCNC2900WP High Definition 1080P Wired/PoE IP video monitoring network camera with MicroSD DVR and True Day/Night Vision
Offered by SecurCam_Retail
Price: $249.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resolution and easy to use, June 9, 2014
I installed this in a retail store and set it to record on motion detection. It's easy to access with the web browser interface and the recorded files are satisfyingly sharp. I plan to get the weatherproof version for a better angle, but with this one looking out the window I am certain I could resolve license plates of any vehicles within about 50-60 feet (but let's hope I never have to).

The recorded files are easy to access and just glancing at the time-stamped file names, it's obvious if there was activity over night. The IR lights really brighten the night-time recording. The little IR emitters look a dim red in real life when turned on, which kind of makes the device look evil.

I use this one with a Netgear POE switch GS108PE so I could just run a single cat6 ethernet cable to the camera... works flawlessly.

Great product, I plan to buy another soon.

Honeywell RTH221B Basic Programmable Thermostat
Honeywell RTH221B Basic Programmable Thermostat
Offered by Todays Concept
Price: $19.99
23 used & new from $5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, April 18, 2011
This is the first thermostat I've ever purchased and it was pretty easy to figure out how to install it. It's very basic and works well. You get to pick 4 times that it will change the air conditioning's target temperature. And another set of 4 times for the heat mode. I would buy it again.

NETGEAR ProSafe Ethernet Switch (GS116NA)
NETGEAR ProSafe Ethernet Switch (GS116NA)
51 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, April 18, 2011
I've used many Netgear switches like this and I've never had a problem. Silent (fanless), low power and incredibly reliable. When the little lights blink and blink and blink and I know that data is flowing through those ports, sometimes I imagine that it's trying to grab my attention as if it wants me to be proud of it. And I am.

Dell Ac Adapter Laptop Charger for Dell INSPIRON, XPS, Studio, Latitude, Vostro, P/N PA-10 PA10 90w 90 watt Portable Charger for Laptop Notebook Computer Battery Charger Power Supply Cord Plug
Offered by Upbright
Price: $11.01
32 used & new from $11.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, April 18, 2011
I had to replace a five year old power adapter for my Latitude laptop that one day decided to make an incessant hissing sound. Replaced it with this one and it's silent and great.

Works well. Remember, these power bricks get warm so be careful where you let them sit.

Buffalo Technology Wireless-G High Power Router and Access Point with High Gain Antenna WHR-HP-G54
Offered by MBKK Company
Price: $129.99
13 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Most stable home router I've used, April 18, 2011
I chose this because the open source router firmware community has pretty well decided that either this product (Buffalo WHR-HP-G54) or the Linksys WRT54GL is the best way to go.

In the beginning, I have owned three of the aforementioned Linksys routers and found that the bandwidth shaping tools available on either the DD-WRT or Tomato firmwares just do not produce reliable results. It seems to me that the Linksys gets bogged down by a modest amount of P2P traffic. With that in mind I kept an eye out for an alternative, and the Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 was it.

I've used the default firmware and Tomato on it. The concerns I had with the Linksys are not a problem with this router. As an added bonus, this particular model allows you to set a higher output power for the antenna, though I have not tested to see if that makes a difference. For my uses, I'm indoors and always within about 100 feet of it. I've had it running for about two months with quite a bit of P2P and no need to reboot.

Belkin 12 Outlet Home/Office Surge Protector with Phone/Ethernet/Coaxial Protection and Extended Cord 4156 Joules
75 used & new from $19.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely well designed and economical, April 18, 2011
I once had the chore of setting up about half a dozen new computer workstations in an office, so after browsing many different styles of surge protectors I tried this one. And it's wonderful.

I've installed every one of them hooked under a desk, cabinet or on the side of wooden bookcase. It's very flat and has a lot of room for those fat ac adapters. I've purchased since for my personal use.

LAMSON HOME PRODUCTS #RC3760D WHT Entrance AlertChime
LAMSON HOME PRODUCTS #RC3760D WHT Entrance AlertChime
Offered by Life and Home
19 used & new from $16.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Works just like you'd expect, April 18, 2011
I purchased two of these for a retail shop, one for each entrance. There is a low, medium and high volume control on the receiver - but you should know that the high volume isn't what I'd call loud. I would have given five stars if it was able to go louder. It has about a dozen super annoying chime songs and two standard short and pleasant chimes. I purchased extra receivers and they all chime in unison.

Make sure you line up the subtle arrow symbols when installing the magnetic sensors. I messed that up the first time and had to unnecessarily re-stick my magnets.

Bluelounge Design CableDrop Cable Management System - Bright
Bluelounge Design CableDrop Cable Management System - Bright
Offered by A & A Sales
Price: $9.95
11 used & new from $4.49

1.0 out of 5 stars The pads do not stick for long, April 18, 2011
They are great for holding cords up and out of the way for easy access when you need them. Until the sticky pads fail after a week. It does not matter what surface you stick them on, because the part of the product that comes undone is the adhesive between the white pad and the green/pink/orange cord holding material. Not purchasing again.

NETGEAR GS105 ProSafe 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch - 10/100/1000 Mbps
NETGEAR GS105 ProSafe 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch - 10/100/1000 Mbps
47 used & new from $24.98

5.0 out of 5 stars fast and reliable, June 11, 2010
This is probably my 5th or 6th netgear switch. No fans, cool to the touch, no sound, they run for forever without having to be cycled. All ports are auto-uplink, so you can't plug it in the wrong port even if you tried.