Profile for Brian M. Rowe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brian M. Rowe RSS Feed (New Jersey)

Page: 1 | 2
Word 2010 Training Videos - 12.5 Hours of Word 2010 training by Microsoft Office: Specialist, Expert and Master: 2000, XP (2002), 2003, 2007, 2010 and Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), Kirt Kershaw
Offered by Dream Force LLC
Price: $49.95
2 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably priced way to learn MS Office, August 31, 2012
I recently purchased three of these videos (Access 2010, Word 2010, and Excel 2010), and have found them to be very informative, user-friendly, and helpful. The cost is a fraction of what you would pay to take a class at a college, and you can keep the videos as a refresher for whenever your skills get rusty. Highly recommended.

Listen to Your Gut: Natural Healing and Dealing with Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome Crohn's Ulcerative Colitis Diverticulosis IBS
by Jini Patel Thompson
27 used & new from $31.37

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have Crohn's this book is a must have!, January 9, 2012
Our daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's disease last year. She had been terribly ill and lethargic for about a year prior to that, and none of the pediatricians we visited could tell us what was wrong with her; she was suffering from severe malabsorption, anemia, gastrointestinal issues, and was not growing. We brought her to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, and the treatment they offered was high doses of Pentasa and infusions of Remicade through an IV about every six weeks - they said we needed to start the treatment with Remicade immediately, and it would continue for the rest of her life. They also told us that her colon would have to be removed within the next six months. When we asked about diet and nutrition, we were told it was basically irrelevant. Our gut feeling was that these people had no idea how to properly treat this illness - they were really pushing the pharmaceuticals without even the option of exploring other avenues first. The side effects of Remicade are severe and it is not something we ever want to give our child, unless it is a last resort. This is when we started looking into alternative medicine.
After spending many hours over the course of a few weeks researching, we finally came up with a way to treat our daughter (which the pediatric gastronologist was completely against, so we ended our relationship with her and C.H.O.P.). What we did is we bought two books by Jini Patel Thompson: Listen to Your Gut and The IBD Remission Diet. We followed Jini's advice and put our daughter on the elemental diet for three weeks. It consists of a liquid diet which is the Absorb Plus Shakes (we mixed them with coconut milk) and the supplements she recommends. The liquid diet gives your intestines time to rest because the shakes are a pre-digested formula. They are full of nutrients, they taste good, and they are filling. Because they are preabsorbed, our daughter's body was able to assimilate the nutrients and we saw a drastic improvement immediately - her energy, color and health returned. The supplements also helped with her energy, and we hope and believe that they are helping to heal some of the damage that Crohn's casued in her intestines. Our daughter still drinks one shake daily along with a semi-normal diet, - but no gluten or dairy (she is able to tolerate goat's milk products well), and no fried foods or corn - too hard to digest.
It has been about six months and our daughter is doing very well. We stay away from fast/restaurant food and highly processed foods. She takes Pentasa daily for inflammation (this is for a short time - she has one more month - we've seen no ill side effects from this). She also takes 24 billion count Renew Life probiotics daily. We also give her goat's milk yogurt (for calcium and more probiotics - it is easier to digest than cow's milk). We also put CoQ10, bioflavanoids, turmeric, and Udo's flax seed oil into her morning shake, and at night she drinks 2oz. of aloe vera with 1 tsp of L-glutamine (to help repair intestinal damage - it is soothing for the stomach, and must be taken on an empty stomach).

We are going to continue this supplementation for a year and the reassess her health to see if she still needs everything we give her or if we need to change anything. It is an expensive and time consuming regimen, but worth every penny when you see your child come back to life before your eyes. We believe Remicade would have destroyed the quality of her life, and this has restored it instead.

Update! 6/20/2014

It has been over two years now since my daughter has been in remission or I like to say healed. She has not had any surgeries, she is growing, and her bloodwork levels are all normal except for her iron and CRP levels. Keeping those two in their normal levels has been a challenge. If you are having problems with IBS or IBD I strongly suggest you give this a try. I have seen it work with my own eyes!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2014 8:42 AM PST

Soundfly SD WMA/MP3 Player Car Fm Transmitter for SD Card, USB Stick, Mp3 Players (iPod, Zune)
Offered by Satechi
Price: $29.95
5 used & new from $29.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk, October 26, 2011
I bought three of these things. The first one did not work at all, so I returned it and got a new one. The replacement worked for a week and now it will not connect to the ipod and will not power up. The third one, which we recieved two days ago, will not connect to the ipod, either. Save your money and buy something else!

Earnest Eats 100% All-Natural Wheat-Free & Vegan Chewy Baked Energy Bars with Whole Nuts, Fruits, Seeds and Grains  - Choco Peanut Butter, 1.9 Oz. Bars (Pack of 12),
Earnest Eats 100% All-Natural Wheat-Free & Vegan Chewy Baked Energy Bars with Whole Nuts, Fruits, Seeds and Grains - Choco Peanut Butter, 1.9 Oz. Bars (Pack of 12),
Price: $19.39
9 used & new from $16.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bars!, October 5, 2011
If you are looking for a healthy snack to fill you up, these bars are great. My whole family loves them.

The IBD Remission Diet
The IBD Remission Diet
by Jini Patel Thompson
29 used & new from $14.18

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my daughter's life, October 5, 2011
This review is from: The IBD Remission Diet (Hardcover)
Our daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's disease last year. She had been terribly ill and lethargic for about a year prior to that, and none of the pediatricians we visited could tell us what was wrong with her; she was suffering from severe malabsorption, anemia, and gastrointestinal issues. We brought her to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, and the treatment they offered was high doses of Pentasa and infusions of Remicade through an IV about every six weeks - they said we needed to start the treatment with Remicade immediately, and it would continue for the rest of her life. When we asked about diet and nutrition, we were told it was basically irrelevant. Our gut feeling was that these people had no idea how to properly treat this illness - they were really pushing the pharmaceuticals without even the option of exploring other avenues first. The side effects of Remicade are severe and it is not something we ever want to give our child, unless it is a last resort. This is when we started looking into alternative medicine.
After spending many hours over the course of a few weeks researching, we finally came up with a way to treat our daughter (which the pediatric gastronologist was completely against, so we ended our relationship with her and C.H.O.P.). What we did is we bought two books by Jini Patel Thompson: Listen to Your Gut and The IBD Remission Diet. We followed Jini's advice and put our daughter on the elemental diet for three weeks. It consists of a liquid diet which is the Absorb Plus Shakes (we mixed them with coconut milk) and the supplements she recommends. The liquid diet gives your intestines time to rest because the shakes are a pre-digested formula. They are full nutrients,they taste good, and they are filling. Because they are preabsorbed, our daughter's body was able to assimilate the nutrients and we saw a drastic improvement immediately - her energy, color and health returned. The supplements also helped with her energy, and we hope and believe that they are helping to heal some of the damage that Crohn's casued in her intestines. Our daughter still drinks one shake daily along with a semi-normal diet, - but no gluten or dairy(she is able to tolerate goat's milk products well), and no fried foods or corn - too hard to digest.
It has been about six months and our daughter is doing very well. We stay away from fast/restaurant food and highly processed foods. She takes Pentasa daily for inflammation (this is for a short time - she has one more month - we've seen no ill side effects from this). She also takes 24 billion count Renew Life probiotics daily. We also give her goat's milk yogurt (for calcium and more probiotics - it is easier to digest than cow's milk). We also put CoQ10, bioflavanoids, turmeric, and Udo's flax seed oil into her morning shake, and at night she drinks 2oz. of aloe vera with 1 tsp of L-glutamine (to help repair intestinal damage - it is soothing for the stomach, and must be taken on an empty stomach. She is also taking Highlands Bioplasma cell salts (a combination of all 12 minerals) along with a multi-vitamin. To learn about cell salts go to
[...]
Also pick up Listen To Your Gut By Jini Patel Thompson and Restoring Your Digestive Health By Jordan S Rubin.

roweboat09@gmail.com
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2014 7:24 AM PDT

Bushnell Yardage Pro XGC Golf GPS
Bushnell Yardage Pro XGC Golf GPS
2 used & new from $139.99

3.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT USE WITH WINDOWS 7, October 5, 2011
I gave this GPS unit 3 stars because for a year it worked great until I got a new computer with Windows 7. After hours and hours I still can not get this piece of junk to communicate with my computer! Bushnell is not helpful with this problem.

Beat Crohn's! Getting to Remission with Enteral Nutrition
Beat Crohn's! Getting to Remission with Enteral Nutrition
by Margaret A. Oppenheimer
Edition: Perfect Paperback
Price: $15.02
30 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good But Not Great, August 13, 2011
I agree with the other reviewer that Jini Thompson's books "Listen to your Gut" and "The IBD Remission Diet" are far better and they have complete instructions. She also has a powdered formula called "Absorb Plus" which is the best out there (we have tried many). I will not lie; this diet and the natural supplements are not cheap and it will be hard for your whole family, but my 8 yr old daughter has put on 8 pounds and grown an inch over the past three months. I have seen it work with my own eyes. If you don't want to commit to the whole diet at first, just try the L-glutamine - that's what we did and after three days my daughters stools firmed up dramatically. Please try it.
Also, we went to one of the top childrens hospitals(Philadelphia) in the country and I will say they are efficient at diagnosing thier patients, but they have no idea at how to treat their patients. They wanted to put my daughter on Remicade as a first treatment option for the rest of her life without trying anything else. They said diet and nutrition are irrelevent (which is B.S.). They always want to just treat the symptoms, not the cause (you CAN heal your intestines!).
Bottom line: DON'T ASSUME YOUR GASTROENTEROLOGIST (or the author of this book) IS ALWAYS RIGHT. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND THINK FOR YOURSELF!

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2014 9:45 AM PST

Renew Life - FloraSMART 24 Billion 30 caplets
Renew Life - FloraSMART 24 Billion 30 caplets
Offered by The VitaSpot
Price: $34.80
3 used & new from $34.80

5.0 out of 5 stars The best probiotic out there, July 12, 2011
Flora Smart is the best. We have tried at least a dozen different probiotics and for the price you can't beat it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2012 7:01 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Driver, July 12, 2011
This is a great driver for those who tend to slice the ball. It will help you to drive longer and stay out of the trees. My wife got me this driver for Christmas and with it's help and a few other adjustments I have finally been able to shoot in the 80's.

Superfood Snacks Chocolate Goji Treats, 3.21-Ounce Bags (Pack of 3)
Superfood Snacks Chocolate Goji Treats, 3.21-Ounce Bags (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Decadent and healthy, March 19, 2010
These are delicious. If you are a healthy eater looking for a treat this fits the bill. I eat one a day and I really look forward to it - feels like I'm cheating but I'm not. I keep mine in the refrigerator for freshness.

Page: 1 | 2