Profile for Cassandra Gemini > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cassandra Gemini RSS Feed (Texas)

MoYou-London Nail Art Image Plate Time Traveller Collection- Back to the 80's - 04 Fashion
Offered by MoYou Marketing
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than I expected, March 11, 2014
They say MoYou plates are the best around. This is my first MoYou plate. Their designs are cool, cute, trendy etc. The images stamped nicely. Only thing that surprised me was the size. This plate is small, I was somehow expecting something twice this size. The images will fit an average sized nail. Lovely images, though.

Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs
Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs
Price: $29.99
57 used & new from $24.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size to help your pup into bed, March 11, 2014
I bought this for my aging dachshund who hurt her back. The vet requested that she has stairs to help her up the couch, bed anywhere I let her up. I have always used the typical 3 step with the fuzzy cover around the house to help her up the couch, etc. The 3 step is just too short for our bed though. I wanted a 4 step stair that would allow her to confidently get on top of the bed without any extra jumps involved. This pet stair is a PERFECT match for the height of an average bed. The top step matches up exactly with height of bed.The steps are covered in a fuzzy carpet so paws do not slide around. On our bedroom carpet, the stairs are sturdy and do not wobble, wiggle or slide around. She took to the stairs quickly and uses them with ease. Love these stairs, I would recommend them to any one with a small dog or older dog who needs help up!

Brita Grand Water Filter Pitcher, Green, 10 Cup
Brita Grand Water Filter Pitcher, Green, 10 Cup
Offered by HOUSEWARES
Price: $39.93
35 used & new from $32.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't pour a drink while resevoir is filtering., March 11, 2014
I love the size and it does it's duty as a Brita pitcher. Only thing I don't like is that when my previous smaller Brita pitcher (basic 6 cup, I believe) was filtering water I could still pour a drink and the lid did not leak water. If you try to pour a drink with this guy, water will leak out even if you hold the lid firmly shut. Patience is a virtue, I suppose.

[Sweet Heart Cream] Princess Double Handle Leatherette Handbag Shoulder Bag Satchel Bag Purse
Offered by Blancho Bedding
Price: $36.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not pink, March 11, 2014
This bag is just as pictured, except the picture looks pink in the photos and the bag is a yellow-y CREAM color. The description DOES list it as cream colored and the color is fine by me. Overall the bag is really cute and I am very happy with it. The size is nice, it is easy to keep clean so far (the bottom is not the furry material) and I have received a few compliments already. Nice conversation piece.

Sally Hansen Salon Insta Gel Strips Starter Kit, Wine Not
Sally Hansen Salon Insta Gel Strips Starter Kit, Wine Not
Offered by Decorstock
Price: $8.90
35 used & new from $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this!!, January 16, 2013
Let me just say, I work at the store that sells these and I was very excited to try it as I love to do my nails. I love Sally Hansen nail strips, I use them all the time. When the GEL strips came out with this little LED lamp, I was intrigued. Let me also point out, the store I work at sells this item for quite a bit less than what I see here on Amazon. I also need to add that the gel refills for this kit sell for five dollars more than the regular Sally Hansen polish strips. Onto the actual review:

The kit comes with the mini LED lamp, 16 gel polish strips (more on this later), a bottle of the gel top coat and the nail cleanser pads. If you have ever used polish strips, you apply these in the same way you normally would. Apply them all to your fingers then begin with the gel polish. Just apply the top coat to one finger and put it under the lamp. The lamp is easy to use, just plug it in and when you are ready, put 1 finger under the light and press the button. It stays on 30 seconds, turns off when the 30 seconds are up. Do this for each finger. After the light, the gel polish is dry, though if you touch it you will feel a stickiness. Wipe your nail with the cleanser pads to remove the stickiness and you are done. It is very easy to use and comes out looking very pretty. I did notice the strips for this kit are thicker than are the non-"gel" strips Sally Hansen makes. I did not like this, and sure enough, being too thick they start to come up at the edges after a couple days. In fact, the kit has a very involved process of soaking your nails in remover to get them off. All I had to do was get my fingernail under the raised edges and peel each off in one go. Very odd. Also, I had major chips after the first day of normal wear. Over all, the process was easy as pie, but I was still unhappy with the overall results.
This got me thinking, I wonder if I can use the regular Sally Hansen nail strips with this LED lamp, which I already love and are five dollars cheaper than these "gel" strips. Both strips seem identical except how I mentioned the gel strips were thicker. I had plenty of the normal strips laying about, so I tried it.

I did the exact same process with the lamp. There is enough gel polish in the started kit to use more than once (which is weird b/c if you buy the refill pack which is good for 1 use [again, more on this later] there is a whole new bottle of the gel polish). To get rid of that stickiness that I mentioned I just wiped each finger with a wet wipe. You can also use an alcohol pad if you have them b/c that's all the nail cleanser pads are, essentially. It looked great and the process was just as easy. I am on day 4 of this manicure and NO CHIPS and only slight wear at the tips. I have gotten multiple compliments at work. My overall impression? This kit is a glorified TOP COAT! And I really like it. :)
I think you can use whatever you like and just treat it like a gel top coat kit. Don't buy the more expensive refill kits. Use the regular strips. My next experiment? Regular nail polish.

Onto my little secret about these strip kits. Each kit comes with 16 strips, and with 10 fingers, that is a 1 time use. With as awesome as these little strips are, a 1 time use per kit is pretty expensive. I keep my nails short. The strips are pretty long. When I apply the first strip, I file it off, peel off the silver tab from the top part, TURN IT AROUND and apply the other side of the same strip to the same nail on the opposite hand. If that makes sense, you can use HALF the strips this way, and get two uses out of each refill kit. :) Good luck! I hope you all give this kit a try!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2014 3:29 PM PST

MGA Novi Stars Doll - Una Verse
MGA Novi Stars Doll - Una Verse
Offered by Deb'sDeals
Price: $13.70
87 used & new from $12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute doll but FAIL, December 31, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I am an adult colecter; I don't even play with these dolls, just take them out of the box and stand them up. I actually collect Monster High dolls, and when I saw these Novi Star dolls I thought, "Hey something similar maybe I can collect these too."
This doll IS very cute. I love the glitter legs and the eyelashes. Unfortunately, all the other reviewers are correct. Her arms fall off way too easily. This is common with dolls, so the clothes can come off, but I didn't attempt that at all. I just took her out of the box and bam, her right arm fell off and I can tell it can happen easily. Another note, she will not stand up on her stand. I set her up, later on in the day I walk by and she is on the floor. Again and again. All I want is a doll on a shelf and these dolls cannot even do that properly. Fail. Shame too, as cute as they are. Back to Monster High for me!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS!!, March 24, 2012
Frankie Stein looks absolutely gorgeous in her Skull Shores outfit. Yes, it is really in gray-scale, doll and packaging. What a great idea! Whoever designs these dolls is extremely talented! The Frankie Stein comic-con doll is also in gray-scale but is an expensive collectors item. This doll, is a wonderful way to get the beauty of the gray-scale Frankie for a low price. The other thing I LOVE about this doll, is her hairstyle. They have given her a cute bob that curls under. She normally has long straight hair. I am an adult collector, and this doll is staying in her box, so I can't review the durability. But collector-wise, she is a MUST! I would suggest snapping this doll up fast before she gets as hard to find as some of the others and the price starts to go up.
*side eyes certain amazon sellers*

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me, February 26, 2012
I have been TTC for a year and a half and been trying everything I can think of to help me along my quest. These vitamins seemed like a good idea and with the raving reviews I was pretty excited about starting them. The instructions ask you to take them for 3 months before you can truly expect results. I took them for the full 3 months and then stopped, as they are kinda pricey as multivitamins go. Needless to say, I did not get pregnant. I have history with endometriosis and have had 2 different laproscopic surgeries to correct cysts and scar tissue. I guess my situation could not be helped through vitamins, but it was worth the try. As far as the vitamins go, you take 3 in the morning with food and one bottle lasts a month. I had no problems swallowing or forgetting to take them. I felt fine taking them with no adverse effects. Just, unfortunatly, they did not help me conceive. I have moved onto taking a regular women's Centrum multivitamin which is much cheaper. Good luck to all those out there who do purchase these though :)

Vamplets - The Nightmare Nursery - Vampyre Baby "Lily Rose Shadowlyn"
Vamplets - The Nightmare Nursery - Vampyre Baby "Lily Rose Shadowlyn"
Offered by Ludibay Shop
Price: $18.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable doll, July 27, 2011
The doll is absolutely adorable and although the price is steep, I had to have one. This doll is probably good for an older child, I don't think it would hold up with a small child. The coffin shaped box is also cute, and the doll detaches from the box easily so you can keep the coffin too. Mine also came with a pin for a purse/bag/whatever. The only thing that keeps me from giving a perfect rating is the price. Normal retail at 19.99 is pretty high for this doll. If they were cheaper, I would collect them all!