Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th
Profile for Steven A. Fletcher > Reviews

Browse

Steven A. Fletcher's Profile

Customer Reviews: 62

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steven A. Fletcher RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
After the Day 2: Before the Knight
After the Day 2: Before the Knight
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars It just ends..., December 3, 2015
I liked the original movie, but this isn't the same. I like the premise, but nothing happens.

At the beginning, I thought the movie was just starting slowly to create background for the characters. This is annoying, but I chose to continue watching anyways.

Then the knight training began. This was ok, and it finally looked like it was going to get really cool. Maybe they would actually go on missions or work on making a postapocalyptic civilization. But no. It just ended right before the best part of the movie was supposed to happen. No end credits. What the heck? Did the end get cut off? Or does the movie just stop before anything happens?

Maybe it doesn't really matter. The movie wasn't what I had hoped for anyways.

Nostalgic Z
Nostalgic Z
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Stupid But Funny, September 16, 2015
This review is from: Nostalgic Z (Amazon Video)
This is worth watching if you get it for free with Amazon Prime. I wouldn't pay to see it because it's only 12 minutes long. However, 12 minutes is the perfect length because this movie is basically 3 jokes. If it were longer, it wouldn't be fun.

They should have just made this a YouTube video.

A Killing Strain
A Killing Strain

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, September 16, 2015
This review is from: A Killing Strain (Amazon Video)
This movie is alot like an improved version of Night of the Living Dead. It isn't stupid the way I thought it would be. It's different enough from Night of the Living Dead to be interesting, but similar enough that it should entertain the same kind of people.

There's been alot of bad zombie movies, but this isn't one of them. It takes some new ideas and adds them to some old ideas to make a sort of homage to Night of the Living Dead. I don't know if that's what they intended, but that's what they wound up with.

Under the Skin
Under the Skin
Price: $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but confusing, September 15, 2015
This review is from: Under the Skin (Amazon Video)
I didn't know what was going on when I was watching this movie. I had some vague ideas, but I wasn't sure. I then confirmed my suspicions by watching a youtube video.

I think the premise behind the movie is interesting, and I liked everyone's performances. I just want to know what's going on during the movie instead of having to find a video about on youtube.

Zombie Hood
Zombie Hood
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Three and a half stars, August 5, 2015
This review is from: Zombie Hood (Amazon Video)
I wanted to give this movie 3.5 stars and rounded up because I felt sorry for it. It's better than alot of the other zombie movies on Amazon Prime that I didn't even finish watching.

Parts of this movie were quite good. Other parts were just random scenes that had almost nothing to do with the rest of the movie. There's a movie very much like the Dawn of the Dead remake hidden in here. It even has a few cool bits thrown in. The problem is that too much of the movie is just random people getting killed by zombies. These people have nothing to do with the main plot. It's like they made a bunch of random filler scenes and just threw them in there.

Do I really need an introductory scene on some guy who is just going to be a zombie that is buried under leaves and then bites one of the main characters? Why couldn't they have gotten rid of all the bit parts and just added a couple people who had a little more interaction in the movie? Why didn't they just focus on 1 person or group at a time instead of jumping around from person to person?

Zombie Apocalypse: Redemption
Zombie Apocalypse: Redemption

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the other reviews indicate, August 5, 2015
I know this movie has received alot of 1 and 2 star ratings, and I admit that this isn't some sort of blockbuster. The way I look at it, this movie is better than about 80% of the zombie movies I've been watching, so it deserves 4 stars. Alot of zombie movies are garbage, but this one deserves to be given a chance. I actually plan to watch it a second time.

The plot is poorly written, but I'm not watching it for the plot. I'm watching it for the action. After the zombie apocalypse, there's a guy who leaves a gang of marauders and winds up joining a small group of survivors. There's scavenging, fighting zombies, and fighting marauders. That's what I'm looking for.

If you're looking for Shakespeare, don't watch this movie. If you want to watch more zombie movies than just the blockbusters and are tired of garbage, give this one a chance.

Equilibrium
Equilibrium

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Action, So-so plot, July 19, 2015
This review is from: Equilibrium (Amazon Video)
The action was alot like the Matrix series, but there wasn't enough of it. The plot was a little bit goofy and made me uncomfortable.

The idea of eliminating emotion with a drug disturbs me a little bit even though I'm not a particularly emotional person. I think the movie was very well made, but it wasn't really about anything I'm interested in. There were some high points in the plot, but most of the plot was a bit boring.

3 stars for the movie overall, but I added 1 because the action was awesome.

Let There Be Zombies
Let There Be Zombies
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The beginning is boring, but the ending is ok, July 18, 2015
In the first part of the movie, they're just wandering around whining. And they're acting like they don't know what to do about zombies. The beginning is stupid.

Then, it suddenly changes. All of the sudden, people are actually fighting zombies. It seems like the more incompetent they are in the beginning, the better they get fighting in the end. It's a weird transition, but the end of the movie is pretty good.

The Battery
The Battery
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow but still entertaining, July 18, 2015
This review is from: The Battery (Amazon Video)
I rather enjoyed this movie. I've watched alot of zombie movies and generally enjoy them, but this one was a bit different. It was more like a camping trip than a zombie movie, but it was still fun.

It's free to watch with Amazon Prime, so I see no reason not to watch it.

After the Day
After the Day
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's the little things that make this movie good., July 4, 2015
This review is from: After the Day (Amazon Video)
There's more than just zombies in this movie. In fact, there really aren't that many zombies for a zombie movie.

But there's also communists, vampires, and a "knight". It's actually alot of fun even if it is kind of stupid. If you have Amazon Prime, go ahead and watch this for free.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7