Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Profile for Xina143 > Reviews

Browse

Xina143's Profile

Customer Reviews: 854

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Xina143 RSS Feed (VA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kill Without Mercy (Ares Security)
Kill Without Mercy (Ares Security)
by Alexandra Ivy
51 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Fun, February 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I enjoyed this book immensely! Author, Alexandra Ivy, crafted a story filled with suspense and romance-right up my alley.

And though,I wish the characters were a bit more fleshed out-this is the first in a new serious, so I'm hoping we get more character development in the next installments.

Rafe Vargas is a battled hardened, covert ops specialist. When he travels to Newton, Iowa he expects to clear out his deceased grandfather's house and move on. Enter Annie White-a beautiful woman with a haunted past that is traveling into the present-putting them both at risk.

In this type of book, you expect the romance to move quickly, and I can forgive the expedited pace, as I truly liked the story Ivy told. Danger, a serial killer with ties to Annie's past, and a few twists and turns made for a fun and engaging book.

I can't wait for book 2!

A Girl's Guide to Moving On: A Novel
A Girl's Guide to Moving On: A Novel
by Debbie Macomber
Price: $17.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope Shines, January 31, 2016
I loved this book!

Let me preface this by saying that author, Debbie Macomber, didn't necessarily do anything new here. There are no wild revelations, or crazy plot twists, in fact I wouldn't even necessarily say the characters are developed very thoroughly, and yet, this was such a bright book. 50 pages into the book I was hooked-I wanted to know if Leanne would find love again. Would she realize that her ex husband's infidelity wasn't her fault? Would Nichole learn to trust her feelings again?

And yet despite the horrible betrayal both characters suffered, neither women turned into a dark and stormy character. They didn't hate all men, and though they hurt they placed the blame where it belonged-on the men that betrayed them. I liked the added connection of the two characters-Nichole was actually Leanne's daughter in law, and though I wish Leanne's conflict (her son was the one that betrayed Nichole, and yet she can't sit by and watch her beloved daughter in law hurting) was explored a bit more, I do appreciate that it was touched on.

At it's core this was a book about hope, and learning to move on. I laughed, I cried and I cheered as the women learned to navigate their new lives. They had to learn how to redefine who they were, and to find hope again. And Macomber handled this aspect well.

Great read!

Milk & Co. Men's Moisturizing Shave Milk, 5 Fluid Ounce
Milk & Co. Men's Moisturizing Shave Milk, 5 Fluid Ounce

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not for us., January 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had high expectations for this Aussie product, and grabbed this Shave Milk for my husband. He uses a safety razor, and typically uses a cream, but sometimes uses shaving soap. So, milk, being a thinner option, would be a new experience for him. He went in with an open mind.

The scent is pleasant, but I wouldn't say it smells good. The peppermint and menthol is not present in the aroma. It just smells like a light lotion. At first glance, the milk is very thin and runny. It doesn't offer a nice thick lather that many may be used to. Instead it offers a light, slick coat on your skin. The claim that the ingredients offer a cooling sensation or refreshing feeling didn't come to fruition. In reality, it felt like you put lotion on your face, and shaved with it. Not much more.

That may sound bad, but with that said, the slick coating does provide a nice razor glide, while not causing missed spots or requiring multiple passes. It doesn't leave an unpleasant odor or greasy feel. It goes on light, and washed off with ease. We didn't feel that it offered much in regard to moisturizing the skin, since it washed off easily. But my husband uses post-shave lotion anyway.

It does work, but I looked forward to more of a minty aroma and a thicker creamy milk. I will say that it's a good price point as it should last a while. But overall, I'll stick to the creams. For someone that uses a waterproof electric shaver, we could see this being the perfect product to use in that instance.

Seized (The Profiler)
Seized (The Profiler)
by Elizabeth Heiter
60 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Keeps Getting Better..., January 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've read the two previous books in the series (Hunted and Vanished) And they just keep getting better. With each one author, Elizabeth Heiter, seems to get a better feel for who heroine Evelyn Baine is, and that's a good thing!

After solving the crime that's been haunting her for years, Evelyn is unsure of her place. She doesn't know if being a profiler is where she needs to be now. When she is kidnapped by a cult and held hostage her doubt threatens to cripple her. Cold, Sick and locked in a closet, Evelyn needs to figure out how to survive.

And yet this is only a small part of the book-can Evelyn figure out what their leader has in store? Is she even positive who the leader is? And will she figure out his endgame before it's too late?

The book was quickly paced, but not so that Heiter lost footing. I never felt rushed or as if things were just being pushed into place to further along the story. THis is a well crafted book, with some surprising twists and turns.

ANother Great read...and I am thrilled to see part 4 is coming up!

*NEW* OtterBox SYMMETRY CLEAR Series iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus Case - Retail Packaging - ROASTED CRYSTAL (CLEAR/ROASTED TAN)
Price: $49.95
2 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this OtterBox series!, January 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's pretty clear we love this case. I think we all have one at this point (My husband, myself and three of our five boys). I got this tan one-though I'd say it's more of an oatmeal color-for my 12 year old's Iphone 6S Plus. We all have skins on our phone, and these case is nice and clear allowing them to show through. However, there is a nice protected feel to the case.

This one was a bit hard to snap on, though I will say I was able to do it quickly, but my son had an issue. I'm ok with that though, means he won't take it off to play with it! And the only other issue is the small well to turn your ringer on and off. I have no issues because I have finger nails. But my husband and my boys all seem to have problems reaching the tab with the case on.

AS with any OtterBox you will pay for the name, and $50 is a nice chunk of change , but all in all I'd say this case is worth the price.

Milk & Co. Lindy Klim Natural Body Oil, 2.5 Fluid Ounce
Milk & Co. Lindy Klim Natural Body Oil, 2.5 Fluid Ounce
Offered by $ave More
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars What's up with the bottle?!, January 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't say if this product actually helps with stretch marks, but it smells nice and absorbs quickly. I am a big fan of body oil, especially in the winter, but I don't like the slippery film left behind on my hands. This does leave a slight film, but rubbing my hands together takes care of it!

There is a nice, clean lavender scent, with a hint of something else vanilla maybe? It says it contains papaya extract oil, but I don't get any of that. Either way it is a nice, calming scent.

I will say that I do not like the bottle it came in. Instead of a pump, it has a top that you need to squeeze to get the product out, however in this case the bottle is rigid and can not be squeezed to allow the product to dispense. Instead, I have resorted to shaking it, which allows one small drop at a time to come out. To apply this to my leg, I have to shake it repeatedly to get enough product in my hand. You can unscrew the top, but since the oil is a bit on the thinner side, I don't want to risk it spilling out and wasting it.

While the product is nice, the bottle design is a big detractor for me when it comes to a product like this.

OtterBox Symmetry Series iPhone 5/5s Case - Black Crystal
OtterBox Symmetry Series iPhone 5/5s Case - Black Crystal
Offered by HPP Enterprises
Price: $36.76
4 used & new from $26.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Design, January 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this for my son's phone, and I must say that we love it. It adds a certain heft to the phone, without being bulky. But what my son loves the most is the clear back so that his skin shows through.

We bought skins for their phones that express their personality, just something fun, and this allows everyone to see that-which he loves!

I really like the Symmetry Series, and bought one for my husband and myself. It's not as bulky and doesn't hinder usage like the traditional Otterbox. As with any Otterbox, I think you pay in part for the name-that being said with the slim design of this and the warranty that Otterbox offers, I don't mind paying for the name.

Household Essentials KROSNO Handmade Blake Whiskey Decanter, 25 oz, Clear
Household Essentials KROSNO Handmade Blake Whiskey Decanter, 25 oz, Clear
Price: $56.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, Simple Design, January 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this for my husband's bar-just wanted to class it up a little as opposed to having a bunch liquor bottles sitting on the bar. Honestly, the biggest draw here was the simplicity of the decanter-no etched in designs or flowers; just a nice, clean simple design.

And there is a lot to recommend this. The base is nice and heavy, giving this a nice substantial feel, as is the stopper. I will say there are two small imperfections in the stopper, but not enough to detract from the lovely, clean lines of the decanter.

I will say aside from the base and the stopper the glass does feel a bit thinner and flimsy (for lack of a better word?), again though it doesn't detract from the elegance. This is a great addition to our bar-the clean lines really give this an elegant feel and a modern 50's bent. If you are looking to upgrade your bar ware there is a lot to recommend this-price included!

Anything for You (The Blue Heron Series)
Anything for You (The Blue Heron Series)
by Kristan Higgins
Price: $6.47
73 used & new from $0.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Good-But Higgins can do better., January 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a big fan of Kristan Higgins-read all her books. I love the humor she weaves into her stories.

And "Anything for You" is no exception. I laughed out loud at some of the antics in the book-and occasionally I got a big choked up.

Handsome Connor O'Rourke has loved Jessica Dunn for almost 20 years-ever since they were 12 and her dog bit him. Jessica Dunn-once the girl with the reputation-has changed. She's grown up, made something of herself, but has a hard time letting go of the past. Over the next 400 pages, we learned about their past, their hopes and their dreams for the future, but this time I found myself feeling something I don't usually feel when I read Higgins' books:

Annoyance.

The story was there, but this time the heroine was just a little too down on herself, she was a little too reluctant to move on, and see the wonderful man in front of her. And though, I get the whole idea of the 'girl with the reputation,' it seemed like a rather trite thing to label Jessica with. Perhaps I just don't remember enough about high school, but do people still care about that 20 years later? Why was that such a thing?

In the end, things work out, but not before a lot of back and forth. And though I enjoyed the book immensely-I found some of the set up to be rather silly. That being said, there are some wonderful moments in the book. And truth be told, the issue I had with the book isn't enough to turn me off of Higgins-I still can't wait for her next book.

The Harder You Fall (Original Heartbreakers)
The Harder You Fall (Original Heartbreakers)
by Gena Showalter
87 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it-What more can I say?, January 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think this is my first book from author, Gena Showalter, and I loved it! I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is nothing I like more than curling up with a fun romance when the weather is frightful-and it's pretty darn cold here in Virginia. So, I grabbed my book and curled up.

And had a blast!

This book had many of the typical romance check marks: Handsome man? Check. Beautiful woman? Yep.

But then there was an actual well thought out plot that involved more than a jealous ex-though that was here too. Lincoln West has a tragic past-one filled with secret and heartbreak, but then so does Jessie Kay Dillon. I really enjoyed these two coming together, and rather than have their secret tear them apart, Showalter had them actually behave like adults and discuss them. What might have drove a wedge between them brought them a deeper understanding of each other, and that made for a very readable book.

Yes, there was a jealous ex, there were some ghosts (NOT as in a paranormal romance thing, but more of a figurative haunting), but they were handled in a way that was easy to relate too.

I enjoyed this book immensely-so much so that I already downloaded the first two books in the series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20