Profile for Mindy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 496

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mindy RSS Feed (North Carolina, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Simon Micro Series Game
Simon Micro Series Game
Price: $10.99
5 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great travel game for a broad range of ages, May 20, 2015
This review is from: Simon Micro Series Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this game for my 6 year old son, and I know it says for ages 8+ but he had no trouble playing it. In fact, he LOVES it. The whole family plays it. We do the "pass it" version and added a way to handicap the adults - when it's a grown-up's turn, the kids can verbally distract them by shouting various things, such as "Hey, there's a bug in your ear!" We'll slide it across the room when it's the next player's turn. (It slides very well on carpet.)

Just thinking ahead, this is definitely something I will pack for the car ride when we go on vacation this summer. It's so small and portable that it's an ideal travel game.

I love that it's so simple that young kids can get it, but challenging enough so that teens can also get in on the game.

Things I wish I could add? Maybe a volume control.

Tackedoo Adults & Teens Scooter with Dual Suspension - Gray Matte
Tackedoo Adults & Teens Scooter with Dual Suspension - Gray Matte
Offered by Tackedoo USA
Price: $229.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it that everyone in the family can use it, May 20, 2015
Got this for my son but wound up using it a lot myself. Love it that everyone in my family can use it.

I was surprised how fast this thing goes - you definitely need a helmet. If you're on a hill, you can really get cruising. Even just on a flat road, one kick can get you pretty far. The rolling resistance is minimal. The only trouble so far is the lock to prevent it from folding on to itself. At the beginning, it didn't want to stay upright but I think we have since solved the problem because it hasn't done it again.

The handle easily adjust to different heights and the suspensions makes those bumps in the road endurable.

TheraBreath PLUS Professional Formula Fresh Breath Oral Rinse - Extra Strength, 16 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Price: $24.94

5.0 out of 5 stars It works! But with a caveat..., May 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I hate to rat my husband out, but he really has bad breath. The kind that is still bad immediately after brushing his teeth. And I have no idea why it is - he brushes diligently with his ultrasonic toothbrush, flosses every night and rinses/gargles with mouthwash. And it's not like his problem is dry mouth. (I know plenty of people have bad breath because of dry mouth but not him, he's got quite a bit of saliva at all times.)

So I was eager to get this and see if it does anything for him. His cleaning routine remained exactly the same, except he used this instead of the mouthwash.

Did it make a difference? YES. Immediately after using this, his breath is good. Dare I say, "fresh?" I thought it was a huge improvement. However one hour after usage, the bad breath started to creep back in. Now this is with him opening his mouth and blowing his breath directly on my nose. If we were talking in a regular, socially acceptable distance from each other, I would not smell it.

I tested it out myself. It didn't have the burn other mouthwashes containing alcohol give you, which was good. I always hated how my mouth felt dry and raw after rinsing with Listerine. But it did leave my mouth with a fresh, minty feeling.

I also tested it out after eating a ton of raw onions, AND sour and cream and onion potato chips. It passed with flying colors; my husband said he didn't smell even a whiff of onion on my breath after brushing and then rinsing with TheraBreath.

I'm not sure about the 24 hour fresh breath claim... that seems like it might be over reaching a bit to say that, but I do think it works leaps and bounds better than your typical grocery store mouthwash. Definitely would recommend to anyone suffering from halitosis that isn't responding to traditional methods.

Fisher-Price Power Wheels Barbie Deluxe Jeep Wrangler
Fisher-Price Power Wheels Barbie Deluxe Jeep Wrangler
Price: $299.97
3 used & new from $299.97

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 year old loves it, May 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this for my youngest little girl, but it turns out the oldest child (6 years old) wound up using it the most. This - in a nutshell - is AWESOME! (yes, I've been watching too much of the Lego movie) I wish I had this as a kid. My oldest has been driving this thing all over the neighborhood and absolutely loves it. He comes home from school and the first thing he wants to do is hop in the Jeep. (Yes, he's a boy who doesn't mind all the pink, which I am actually quite proud of.)

Both my husband and I have been impressed with how far he can go on one battery charge. Our neighborhood has a half-mile loop with plenty of hills included, and my son has driven that with no problem. It goes off road just fine - in our back yard, on the sidewalk, on the road - all of it has not stopped this thing. What has stopped it? Well, my son likes to drive the Jeep through our sand pile. (Instead of a sand box, we have a sand pile. It just worked out easier that way for us.) Often the Jeep will do just fine, but sometimes it does get stuck and he has to get out and push. The Jeep has also had difficulty in our garage. I think the concrete there is so smooth that it can't get a grip so the tires just spin away.

The features - like the radio/Mp3 player and the overhead lights are quite cool, but since they take separate batteries, we have not really used them. Even though the Jeep has seating for two, it is very small. Unless the kids are both 3 years old and pretty skinny, they likely won't fit. At least, we've had limited success getting more than one kid in and staying safe.

Assembly was also quite easy. It took about 1.5 hours but that's only because my son insisted on helping and he's a bit slower than the typical adult. The only thing of note is that the battery takes 18 hours for the initial charge. If you're giving this as a gift and want it to be ready at the unveiling, I would assemble it and start charging it the night before.

Overall, this Jeep has been a total hit. My kids love it, the neighbor kids love coming over and playing with it. Heck, *I* would love to hop in too but alas, I don't fit.

Deer Stags Men's Nu Times Oxford, Black, 10 M US
Deer Stags Men's Nu Times Oxford, Black, 10 M US
Price: $47.17
3 used & new from $45.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and practical, May 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband tends to wear a size 10 - 10.5 depending on brand. These fit him very well and they're very comfortable. They're especially nice because he has to park about half a mile away from where he works, and in bad weather, there are plenty of puddles. Because of this, his really nice leather shoes tend to get warped and worn very quickly. Hopefully, these will hold up longer since they're waterproof and seem to be very sturdy.

So far, he's really liked them.

Brinks Home Security Push Pull Rotate Door Locks 23054-105 Glenshaw Passage Lever, Polished Brass
Price: $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient, May 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We installed this on the baby's bedroom door and I absolutely love it. My arms are usually full from holding the baby and an assortment of things (such as bibs or diapers) and it's such a convenience that I can just use my elbow (or my bum) to open the door.

Obviously you wouldn't want to use this on an exterior door. It has no locking mechanism, plus (for those living in the mountains/woods) it's not bear proof! But as an interior door, it works perfectly. My husband installed it in less than 30 minutes with no issues at all. It's attractive and easy for children to open and close. When my in-laws came to visit, my father-in-law liked it so much that he's getting one for their house too.

The only downside is that it's not silent. Sometimes after I've rocked my baby to sleep and placed her in the crib, I try to sneak out quietly. I close the door and <click> the handle turns. It never actually wakes her up, but I do miss the silent turning of my previous door knob. But this is a small thing. Overall, we've really been happy with it.

Avber Women Vintage Messenger Bag Satchel Briefcase Handbag Shoulder Bag Brown
Avber Women Vintage Messenger Bag Satchel Briefcase Handbag Shoulder Bag Brown
Offered by Avber
Price: $129.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Professional and a good value, May 9, 2015
I got this with the brown/dark brown faux leather with bronze fasteners and it's very cute. My first impression was that it is small - not really a messenger bag even though it has the style and look of one. More like a purse. But a professional purse. If you were going on an interview and you wanted to look professional but you still want to have your purse with you, this is it. Because it's not immediately obvious what it is.

I like that it has a strap so you can carry it cross body like a real messenger bag. It also seems to be well made. I was not able to get my tablet to fit, but my usual purse contents go in there just fine with room left over. The main body has a zippered compartment inside, and there is a front compartment as well, so plenty of places to keep your things organized. For the price, this is a pretty good buy.

Skip Hop Explore and More Rocking Stacker, Owl
Skip Hop Explore and More Rocking Stacker, Owl
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $16.99
4 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Visually appealing; a hit with both baby and mommy, May 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this for my 10 month old baby and so far, she likes it. Her favorite piece, by far, is the one with the wings attached. She loves to chew on the wings (especially the blue one.) I think it helps that we also have the Skip Hop Hug and Hide stroller toy, which features this exact same owl so she feels a familiarity to it.

She hasn't gotten to stacking the rings yet; mostly I stack them up when I clean up for the night and she loves to whack it and get the rings all over the floor. Then she plays with each piece individually. I did notice that there's a certain order to the rings, however you really don't have to put them in the right order except for the top and bottom pieces.

It's bright and colorful, has little rattles that she loves to shake and all the pieces come together for easy cleanup. So far, it's been a hit for both baby and mommy

Makit Products Inc. Make A Plate
Makit Products Inc. Make A Plate
Offered by A+Savings
Price: $10.45
11 used & new from $9.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way for kids to make gifts, April 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 6 year old son used this to make a gift for grandma and we really liked it. The kit included everything we needed - water color markers, plate templates, an envelope to mail your artwork in (you have to pay for postage) and the cost of shipping the finished plate to you is included in the price of purchase.

He messed up several times so it was good there were extra templates. He would up doing three complete drawings and then we chose the best one to get sent in.

One note of caution: if you are doing this in November, December, April or May, the turn around time is much longer so plan accordingly.

The plate you get is nice; it's dishwasher safe, BPA free and non-toxic.

All around great activity to do with your kids.

Coast LK375 Light Knife
Coast LK375 Light Knife
Price: $58.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well; wish it came with more documentation., April 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my first non-kitchen knife and so far, I've been impressed with it. Very sharp, light, and portable. (I've tried cutting things of various thickness and it's performed very well) The fact that it has a flashlight built in is very handy too. Flipping the blade open is easy to do, and closing it is easy too, but requires two hands and is hard to figure out but once you do, it's no big deal. The handle feels firm in my grasp, and doesn't seem likely to slip. The belt clip means that if I'm wearing pants with no pockets, I can still carry this around and have my hands free.

My only complaint is lack of instructions. It comes with a small slip of paper with drawings on it which is hard to figure out. It tells you how to close the blade, but not really. I was also curious as to how to care for the knife, since this was my first one. I went on to the manufacturer's website to see if there was more information. I found this knife, clicked on "download instructions" and got a blank page! Doesn't give me much confidence in the company. I know this knife comes with a lifetime warranty but I don't know how good the company is that backs that warranty.

But the company aside, the knife does seem to be in good mechanical condition and does everything it's supposed to. All around, I'm pleased.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20