Profile for B. Vaughn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Vaughn "Not really here" RSS Feed

Price: $6.99
278 used & new from $3.71

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware! May lock up your console!, June 25, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this game a while back, and didn't play it until relatively recently. Once I loaded the game, and waited for teh updates to load, I got the normal Move warning screens, then my screen went black...and stayed black. I gave it a few minutes, but the entire thing was locked up. I couldn't do anything but do a hard shutoff, then wait for the data recovery tool to run. Tried removing the disc the next time it happened, same result. It said it had done a bad reset and had to data check.

Upon some research, I discovered that this is a known issue, and has been for at least 6 months. Something about the updates has caused some PS3's to simply lock up and go black. So far the only solution is to not install any updates, which means that I can't play multiplayer, which is half the game. I bought the game specifically because of the Move aspect, but so far it's been about useless.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2013 3:50 PM PDT

Sony 100DMR47SP 16x DVD-R 4.7GB Recordable DVD Media - 100 Pack Spindle
Sony 100DMR47SP 16x DVD-R 4.7GB Recordable DVD Media - 100 Pack Spindle
Offered by FantasyBuy
Price: $26.75
44 used & new from $16.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a spindle, not a 100 pack...., June 4, 2013
This was...odd to say the least. I got two 50 packs of DVD's, which is fine. Either way it was 100 DVD-R's, however when I opened up the first one, I realized that there was no actual spindle to speak of...there were 50 loose discs, with a thicker plate at each end for shipping (The two packs were banded together tightly, forming one solid tower). I realize this isn't a huge thing, however where am I supposed to store the 50 blank disks? Just set them in a pile on the desk, until a stiff breeze or errant elbow knocks them over? It's not worth returning them over, but it is very irritating at this point.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2013 8:05 AM PDT

How to Avoid Huge Ships
How to Avoid Huge Ships
by John W. Trimmer
23 used & new from $278.84

1.0 out of 5 stars What a ripoff!, May 2, 2013
I expected to get some helpful hints on sea navigation, maybe even a free compass included in this mighty tome. Instead, what do I find in my mailbox but a simple pamphlet. Not only that but when I open it, all it says is *spoiler alert* turn left. I should have waited for the movie version to come out....

Solvit 62313 Waterproof Bench Seat Cover for Pets
Solvit 62313 Waterproof Bench Seat Cover for Pets
Price: $22.72
35 used & new from $22.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Why exactly do I care if it's waterproof with these big slits?!?, April 1, 2013
First off, I do really like this as a seat cover, to keep my dog from scratching up the seats on car trips, and doing a moderate job of keeping any drool contained. However one of the main selling features is that this is a waterproof seatcover. Yet the company was nice enough to put in slits for the seatbelts to come through, pretty well defeating any benefit should the dog have any issues in the car. Now, I have to put a tarp under the seat cover, to actually give me that waterproof protection.
The good side is that the seat cover is a nice thick material, and probably would protet from scratches by itself, but at this point we'll never know...

900-Count Earth Rated® Lavender-Scented Dog Waste Bags, 60 Refill Rolls
900-Count Earth Rated® Lavender-Scented Dog Waste Bags, 60 Refill Rolls
Offered by Oliver's Pet Care
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A little more expensive, but worth it., April 1, 2013
After having used so many other companies versions of pickup bags, these are by far my favorite, even with the smell.

To be honest, I didn't buy them for the "environmental" aspect of things, I just bought several different varieties to try them out, and these were the best. They come in rolls of 15, but tend to be a bit thicker and stiffer than most of the others. However, that also means that they unroll better, have never jammed in the holder, and very importantly, I have never had a tear-off line, nor a badly made bag. (Several other companies, I have had from a single to almost a roll of bags be split or otherwise unusable.)
Lastly, these are nice long bags, so there's no difficulty tying the knot in the bag. Not something I ever thought about, but after having used some of the shortys, it's a nice feature.
Again, they are a little more expensive, but I use 2-3 a day, and the convenience is worth it for me.

Amazon Kindle 9W PowerFast Adapter for Accelerated Charging
Amazon Kindle 9W PowerFast Adapter for Accelerated Charging
Price: $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Feeling a little ripped off..., April 1, 2013
Bought this with the purchase of my new Kindle Fire, thinking that there was something special about it, but after recieving it and using it, this is your standard wall plug, that you then plug a USB cable (not included) into. You know, the same thing that costs around $5 everywhere else, but this one has the Amazon logo on it, so you can pay between $10 and $20 for it...

Joby GPM-A1EN GorillaPod Magnetic Flexible Tripod (Black)
Joby GPM-A1EN GorillaPod Magnetic Flexible Tripod (Black)
Offered by Amazing Deals Online
Price: $23.50
58 used & new from $1.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the gripping or magnet power I was hoping for...., April 1, 2013
Bought this for a mission trip to Costa Rica, and tried to use it several times, but found it to be very finicky. The camera I wasa using was a Panasonic Lumix, which, at 9.6 oz, was well under the 11.5 oz limit claimed by the GorillaPod. However, I found that the magnetic leg tips (The red pieces) are actually made of a slick plastic, which meant that the whole stand would try and slide down most metal surfaces I stuck it to. Even then, the stand is very finicky about how you attach it to a wall, so that it will stay up and hold up the camera (One leg down, two up).
The other downside was that the legs did not have the gripping power I thought they would, when wrapped around objects. Again, the stand would shift, slide, and generally not stay stable.
The good part of this was the quick release clip, which, once installed on your camera, made attaching and detaching the stand a breeze. However, if you're looking to use this for a heavier point and shoot, I'd rethink that.

Borderlands 2 Signature Series Guide
Borderlands 2 Signature Series Guide
by Doug Walsh
86 used & new from $1.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Holy cow...so much information, October 15, 2012
I know there was a review that said that the person could not find whatever quest they wanted, and that there was no index. I am here to refute that entirely. In the book, there are various sections. You just have to understand where to look.

The first section is about each of the individual character classes (Except the newly released Mechromancer). Next comes a walkthrough of the story-only quests (The short way through the game.) This is the one place where you have to know where you are in the game, but even then, it's not hard to figure it out. Each set of pages covers an area, and the story quests therein. It also gives you the side quests available, and any additional challenges when completing quests. (Don't take damage, kill characters in a certain order, etc)

As for the other quests, (Side quests), there's an entire section on those, and they're in alphabetical order by the name of the quest. Very easy to find what you are looking for, and no index needed.

Additionally, the bestiary shows each creature you will encounter and gives you what the individual resistances and weaknesses are. Very helpful if you're like me and spend a good amount of time on Needle Stalkers using fire, only to find out you should be using electricity.

Honestly, for all of that, it's so very helpful, and makes it worth it. So why the 4 stars? Because if you like the game enough to buy the guide, you've also probably bought the season pass, but there's no upgrade plan for info on, say, the Mechromancer or any of the expansion packs. Would have been a good option for customers...

FORMUFIT 1/2" 4-way Tee PVC Fitting Connector - Furniture Grade
FORMUFIT 1/2" 4-way Tee PVC Fitting Connector - Furniture Grade
Offered by FORMUFIT
Price: $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for PVC building/assembly, October 15, 2012
First off, remember, these are not intended to be used for actual plumbing work. Personally, I bought the tee because I am building an agility course for a small dog, and needed this configuration. After looking all over, this was one of the only places I could find them, and I was quite happy when I recieved them. They are slightly thinner than true plumbing fixtures, but they're solid, and fit the PVC piping nice and tight.

Elgato Game Capture HD, Xbox and PlayStation High Definition Game Recorder for Mac and PC, Full HD 1080p
Price: $154.99
44 used & new from $135.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so thankful! Works with DirecTV!, October 15, 2012
I bought this because my DirecTV DVR was getting full of programs I wanted to keep, and there was really no way to get them off. I tried to buy an Avermedia stick that just plugs into the side of the computer, but I could not get it to play nice with Windows TV (Kept requiring a remote, and I don't have that...).

So now I have this amazing little device. The upside is that so far, it's worked flawlessly. I have transferred several programs off of the DVR and onto the computer to archive. Not only that, it's basically plug-and-play, once you download Elgato's software to your computer. Plug being the operative word here. Since I'm using my DirecTV DVR, and DirecTV encrypts the HDMI signal, I used the component cables to connect from the DVR to the Elgato. Then, HDMI from the Elgato back to the TV. And lastly the USB cable from the Elgato to the computer. As soon as that's done, and the software booted up, voila! You have the same feed playing on your computer as on your TV. Just hit the big red button to start and stop recording, and that's all there is to it.

Lastly, if you need to do some minor editing, the software has that capability as well, so if you're on the fence, just go ahead and buy it, you won't be sorry.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2013 8:30 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3