Profile for Craig S. Kaminski > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Craig S. Kaminski "mystic-swordsman" RSS Feed (Texas , USA)

Brave (Five-Disc Ultimate Collector's Edition: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD + Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Kelly Macdonald
Offered by The Big Lebowski
Price: $31.50
53 used & new from $14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Animated Film This Year, August 5, 2012
I went into this movie not knowing at all what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised with a visual extravaganza of brilliant color and painstakingly detailed beauty. This movie makes the natural environment come alive on screen. The animation is second to none. The story itself is wonderful, about a daughters quest for independence and the struggle in a mother/daughter relationship that is timeless. My daughter is 10 and absolutely loved the film. As a Dad, I loved seeing her breath in and be captured by the story. The heroine is young and strong and sends a good message for women today. There is plenty of humor to amuse both the young and old. I also do not think it is any more frightening than the Disney classics of old like Snow White or Cinderella that had their share of villainous scenes.

I can't wait for this film to come out on Blue-Ray so I can enjoy it again in my own home.

Samsung BD-P3600 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player (2009 Model)
Samsung BD-P3600 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player (2009 Model)
12 used & new from $45.00

1.0 out of 5 stars If anything like its predecessor BD-P2500 - DON'T BUY, April 19, 2010
Bought the BD-P2500 at Christmas 2008. It lasted just over a year when it had problems with snow and picture freeze.

I read the many buyers of the BDP-3600 are complainng about the same thing.

I think the problem is related to over-heating as the problem went away for a spell when I moved the unit away from
my other electronics. With the crappy Samsung Warranty it was the only recourse as there is only 6 months on parts and one year on labor.
Now three months later the player is unusable. It was more expensive than many on the market and is now a bookend in less than a year and a half.

I advise STAY AWAY!

I have a Samsung TV I am happy with; but my experience with the Blueray player has soured me on the brand.

HoMedics SS-3000 Soundspa Lullaby, White
HoMedics SS-3000 Soundspa Lullaby, White
Offered by Skh Marketing
Price: $33.00
3 used & new from $33.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best money ever spent on my daughter., March 11, 2010
We bought one of these for my daughter when she was three years old. It was invaluable in helping her sleep. It was used every night for around four years before it finally wore out, and has given her countless hours of comfort and joy. It came with us on trips and went with her on sleepovers. When it finally wore out last year, I had no hesitation replacing it. My daughter is eight and still loves the soothing melodies and delightful slide shows it provides. It makes great a gift for any child, boy or girl.

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
by George R. R. Martin
Price: $21.36
176 used & new from $2.64

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing is an understatment!, February 28, 2007
I absolutely LOVED this series. I rapaciously devoured the pages of the first three books and and was consumed by the fever of witnessing greatness as it unfolded. I was on the waiting list for this fourth book, long before its release, and was an avid spokesman for the saga, turning my friends onto the series, mailing the books as gifts.

However my ethusiasm quickly waned after plodding insufferably through
the installment of "A Feast For Crows".

I kept waiting for something of merit to happen in this book, and aside from one or two incidents, the plot is no further embellished than the previous book. It is missing any reference to half of the most important characters, and the characters that are followed are not developed accordingly.

It is a very stagnant read, and seems, as I read in another review, that the series is now in desperate need of a new editor.

The amazing ability of Martin has been proven in the first three books; but "A Feast For Crows" does not nearly begin to stand on its own merit. I will certainly continue with the series; but my passion has been severely dampened.

Coupe De Ville [VHS]
Coupe De Ville [VHS]
VHS
Offered by detroit whut (5 STAR SELLER- FASTEST SHIPPING)
Price: $7.40
38 used & new from $1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Editorial Reviewer Lynched By Angry Mob!!, September 15, 2003
This review is from: Coupe De Ville [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is an extremely enjoyable film. This story about three brothers on a cross country adventure is both humorous and touching. The outcome may be predictable; but the twists and turns during the journey are not.
There are some solid performances from a great cast: Patrick Dempsey as the smart mouthed, bordeline delinquent younger brother, Daniel Stern as the controling, borderline psychotic older brother and Alan Arkin as the gruff but completely lovable father.
This is definitely a feel good movie, a quality member of a genre that is far too under-sold and under-rated by critics
I can't wait for it to come out on DVD to add it to my collection in a higher quality format.