Profile for Sergey Maskalik MBA > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sergey Maskalik MBA RSS Feed (Los Angeles)

Page: 1 | 2
A Mind For Numbers: How to Excel at Math and Science (Even If You Flunked Algebra)
by Barbara A. Oakley
Price: $10.72
96 used & new from $8.45

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had this book earlier..., February 3, 2015
I wish I had this book earlier. It's full of valuable information for any person who wants to learn, retain, and apply new knowledge. There is a lot of fascinating research about how your mind works, and how anybody can learn difficult subjects.

GE Lighting 75368 Energy Smart 13-Watt Spiral Compact Fluorescent Bulb, Candelabra Base, 2-Pack
Price: $12.02
25 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good lights, rated life may not be correct, February 3, 2015
good lights, I bought 8 of these, 2 failed after 14 months, way less than rated 8000 hour life.

Plex
Plex
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love iy, August 17, 2014
This review is from: Plex (App)
Great app

Effective JavaScript: 68 Specific Ways to Harness the Power of JavaScript (Effective Software Development Series)
by David Herman
Price: $28.79
59 used & new from $22.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I've read, July 13, 2014
From the legendary Effective series, this book is lives up to it's standard. It goes deep into the language in a series of 68 topics. It's very good at breaking down and explaining topics and contains a wealth of knowledge. It actually explains intricate details about JavaScript semicolon insertion, implicit coercions, and a lot of other goodness like implicit binding of "this". A lot of subjects are already covered in other books, but this book actually explains them in more detail and why things the way they are. It's not overly complex but it is very dense with information and joy to read. This is a must read for any serious developer who wants a deeper understanding of the JavaScript language.

Same Side Selling: A Radical Approach to Break Through Sales Barriers
Same Side Selling: A Radical Approach to Break Through Sales Barriers
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest problem solving while focusing on results, June 29, 2014
We are all tired of sleazy salesman who really don't care about our problems, and who are only focused on getting a sale. I've had a chance to be in meetings where salesman promised that anything is possible just to get the sale, and after a sale was made only to realize that the solution doesn't make sense or not usable, costing companies a lot of time and money. Finally as expected no referrals and even negative feedback for the salesman.

I really liked this book because it focuses on bringing value and getting actual results for the client, rather than just a sale. It aligns really well with my beliefs because I truly value honesty and would not be able to lie to get something sold. Sometimes sleazy salesman can get away with a sale, but in my opinion honesty and getting results are better in the long run for both parties. Rather than getting a sale in any way possible author focuses on FIT (Finding Impact Together), and making sure that your solution is the right solution for the customer.

This book has a lot of great advices on how you can work together with a customer to identify a problem worth solving. Also it goes deep about every step in the process of getting a sale and how to properly structure your message to the client so you can avoid the adversarial trap.

I would definitely read this book for the second time to refresh my memory, and look through it before I have a meeting with a potential client.

I found it also being enjoyable and quick to read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 20, 2014 5:15 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, June 24, 2014
If you are only planning on surfing the web, watching videos, and light work this is a great CPU. It's pretty cheap and delivers the goods.

Epson Expression Home XP-400 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner.  Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible (C11CC07201)
Epson Expression Home XP-400 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible (C11CC07201)
Offered by Asus and Panasonic Specialists
Price: $84.49
44 used & new from $45.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Gave up on this printer, June 24, 2014
I've had this printer for about a year and a half and it has been a total nightmare. First of all, I don't print very often, and when I do prints come out with streaks in them, I have to clean printer's head few times to get it to print legibly. So unless you have to do printer maintenance every time you print, consider looking somewhere else.

I also found that ink runs really fast even with low printing, and ink is not cheap.

On a positive note it's wireless, has a scanner and a tiny screen. But for me printing should be effortless and inexpensive, and this print doesn't deliver it.

Scanpan Professional 10.25-Inch Fry Pan
Scanpan Professional 10.25-Inch Fry Pan
Price: $109.95
13 used & new from $55.64

2.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't last very long, August 17, 2012
I bought this pan about a year ago, and in the beginning it was great but after a year of moderate use it's surface becomes very sticky basically garbage. We did follow directions of heating it up slowly and washing it off while it was still warm, but again it lost all of it's non sticky properties. I really don't like buying products that don't last and I would never purchase another pan from scanpan.

JavaScript Patterns
JavaScript Patterns
by Stoyan Stefanov
Price: $20.00
79 used & new from $13.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the book I was looking for, August 16, 2012
This review is from: JavaScript Patterns (Paperback)
After reading The Good Parts I was still unclear about some of the techniques of javascript composition and this book has answered all of my questions. It was exactly what I needed. Now I can read open source libraries and understand the composition patters with ease. Highly recommend for any serious javascript developer, this book saved me a lot of time.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2014 11:27 AM PDT

ATB Sunset Beach DJ Session 2
ATB Sunset Beach DJ Session 2
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars love sunset beach sessions, June 22, 2012
I'm a big fan of the first sunset beach volume and after buying a second I wasn't disappointed. Recommend to any trance lover who is looking for relaxing tunes to vibe to.

Page: 1 | 2