Profile for Huddy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Huddy RSS Feed

Little Big Planet 3 Launch Edition - PlayStation 4
Little Big Planet 3 Launch Edition - PlayStation 4
Offered by turntostart
Price: $54.20
34 used & new from $45.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Really fun but the game is incomplete., December 11, 2014
There are tons of bugs. Though it's much better after several major update(at first, I couldn't play it at all. The game was forced to close), I still see serious errors like the second player losing all of the profile or sometime I have to restart the game. I also had Assassin's creed unity and I was totally okay with it because it was still 'playable'. It's very disappointing. And the loading time is is really long. One time it took 4~5 minutes to start a level.

The game itself is very fun. The graphic is awesome and the characters are cute. People complain the short story line but I think it's okay since there are a lot of other contents and unlimited stages made by other users.
But I think this game is too hard for young kids. I usually play with my wife and she dies more than 20 times in each level and she could never clear a level by herself.

That being said, It's really really disappointing how this game is incomplete with too many serious bugs although the game itself is very fun. One tip is that you can usually find a solution when you face a serious error by typing the error messages on Google since many other players have the same problem. But still, it shouldn't be something that user should figure out.

Assassin's Creed Unity - PlayStation 4
Assassin's Creed Unity - PlayStation 4
Price: $39.99
114 used & new from $29.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Much improvement from the previous series!, November 12, 2014
I just finished the sequence 4. And I'm so surprised that so many people here are complaining about the frame rate drop. Yes. It happens. But it's very rare and I see such frame drops in almost every single next gen game. I suspect that they did not download the major update. or maybe these people are very sensitive about it but it's playable. No, it's enjoyable. So if you think that the frame is not high enough, just go outside and play with the infinity frame rate. Gosh. In addition, I don't know what bugs people are talking about. I have never seen a single bug in the game.

The gameplay itself is very different from the previous series. Especially, you have much more options for parkour which I think the biggest improvement. It is much more fun not only to climb up structures but also to quickly climb down. Other than parkour, the overall gameplay feels really new. Running, customization, comabting,and most of other elements in the game seem that they have been redesigned.

Combat system is much more challenging which I always have though it to be. In the previous games, I could wipe out an whole unit of armies with the super power low kick. Now not anymore. If you are surrounded by 4~5 guards, it's extremely hard to beat them.(without smoke bomb) Even if you do, it takes very long and more guards nearby keep coming. So you really have to be a good assassin with good strategies.

Story. Well, what can I say. I seriously don't understand people rating this game very low for its story before finishing it. What I can say about Arno is that he reminds me of young Ezio. He is naughty but starts his story with responsibility that burdens him.

Graphics. Well, the lighting is really sharp and great. The city was designed extremely well. But other than that, I do not see much improvement from Black Flags. The huge number of crowds makes Paris look very lively, like a real big city in real life. But the individuals do not look very detailed. And I think the frame drops are usually due to texturing such a large number of NPCs. But still, I love running around the streets of Paris

Now here are my complains. I am not sure if the gears will be upgraded later in game or not but I can use the hidden blade only for assassination. If guards notice my presence, I must fight them with sword or other major weapons. I know it's more realistic but my favorite part of AC series was combating with the hidden blade.
Another thing is the control. Now we have a stealth skill. But it's really hard to assassinate targets while stealthing. When I press 'X' to exit the stealth mode, sometimes Arno hops to another stealth spot or, in the worse case, he just stands up very slowly and the target notices me. I don't know. Maybe I need to play more and learn how to use the stealth mode more accurately.
The last complain is the loading time. It's really long. It's almost as long as the last of us' loading time. Well, it's next gen game i guess.

So,
Pros
- Completely new feeling of gameplay.
- Much more improved parkour
- More realistic combat system
- Outstanding descriptions of Paris

Cons
- Still not very great 3d texture on characters
- Limited use of the hidden blade (maybe i'm too early in game?)
- Confusing situations between stealthing and assassinating. (Maybe I'm still a noob)

in overall,
If you liked previous AC series, you will like this game as well for sure. And the great thing is that it doesn't feel repetitive from the previous series because it gives you a totally new gameplay feeling. The frame rate drop does not bother me. But if you are always obsessed with whether a game shows good frame rate on which console system blah blah blah, just get a PC with the latest graphic card.

FIFA 14 [Online Game Code]
FIFA 14 [Online Game Code]
Price: $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars EA just wants money from your pocket, July 14, 2014
Yes. No Tournament! It's so obvious why EA took out the most basic modes from the game. It's because they want to force user to play Ultimate team which gives them extra money by selling the game coins. What a joke seriously. What users really want is the fun of winning trophy through an whole season or tournament. In Ultimate team, I don't think everyone would ever get Messi or Ronaldo.

The game itself is okay. Very realistic and good graphic even on PC. But the legendary difficulty is ridiculous. I'm not just talking about how hard it is to beat the AI. It's just boring because when my defense line is firm, they just keep passing to the behind and never try to make a chance.
Very disappointed. I will just stick to PES from now on.

Samsung S24B150BL 23.6-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
Samsung S24B150BL 23.6-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
Offered by WHS GROUP, LLC
Price: $199.99
9 used & new from $114.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, March 18, 2014
I just got this monitor and was very disappointed with the screen quality. It's too bright and very uncomfortable to read texts. This is the Samsung worst monitor that I have ever seen.

ASUS UX31A-DH51 13.3-Inch Zenbook (OLD VERSION)
ASUS UX31A-DH51 13.3-Inch Zenbook (OLD VERSION)
Offered by zephyrrsu
Price: $879.95
13 used & new from $599.00

2.0 out of 5 stars So much works to do, October 2, 2013
I got my zenbook yesterday.
First, the fan noise is very annoying. It is not loud but it gives very high peak unpleasant sound.

Second, the touch pad is not working. Yeah, this can be solved by downloading the new driver. But how the hell do users know this?
And even after upgrading the driver, sometimes the multi touch features become inactive, then I need to restart.

Third, it seems that this laptop comes with so many useless apps. It is supposed to be 120gb and before I installed anything, it had only 64gb of free space. I am still trying to figure out why because windows 8 is only ~20gb.

I mean the machine is very well designed and fast. But Asus should have set up everything inside properly.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (16GB, White)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (16GB, White)
Offered by Adorama Camera
Price: $489.99
69 used & new from $189.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Just awesome, August 27, 2012
I am a graduate student in engineering and I was looking for a tablet that can be an alternative for papers. And I was debating between ipad and galaxy note 10.1 and I decided to go for the Note. I am really happy that I chose this tablet.

First of all, the S note app is amazing. It is very responsive and accurate. And it's really fun as well! When I am bored, I just take the Note and write random things. Somebody below complained about the auto handwriting conversion to text. But I think it is almost impossible to convert the handwriting to text in a blink although I think it's still fast enough. And I could figure out the most of the problems that he had..
And because I'm studying in engineering, I need to draw a lot of graphs , shapes, and formulas. And the auto shape match feature is the best part. I can draw anything very fast and it just makes them in the exact way that i want.
Unfortunately, S-note is not pdf file friendly. Even though you can import pdf files into S-note, there are not many useful feataures for S-note. But of course you can download any pdf annotation app from the market. I found this app, EZpdf, and they optimized the app for galaxy note so that when the stylus pen is near the screen, your palm is not recognized like S-note so the annotation is perfect. Also, you can organize your files and you can search the meaning of words that you select in either dictionary or wikipedia right away.

So trust me. If you are a student, I don't think there is any other tablet that can satisfy you than this one. I know that ipad has many good note apps but what is the point of using them if there is no palm rejection feature?

Other than taking notes, the performance is also blazing fast. I always complained that even screen scrolling is not smooth for androids compared to ipad but I think Samsung optimized this tablet very well. Even when you are doing the multiscreen, there is no lag at all (except that it takes 0.5 seconds to move to another screen). With the 2gb rams, you can open unlimited number of tabs in your web browser.

About the resolution.. If you are not going to read the Bible which is full of very tiny letters, i don't think you will have any problem to read articles or papers. And this resolution doesn't make any difference for vidoes since 1080x720 is a standard resolution for tablet. Correct me if i'm wrong.

For watching videos or netflix, I really like that they put a dual speakers in front of the screen. It's very loud and clear. In my opinion, it's a huge difference from other tablets in terms of watching movies or listening to musics.

I am not an art person but I take pictures a lot. And the phothoshop touch that comes with this is amazing. There are a lot of tutorials inside and it's easy to learn. With the s-pen, it is very fun to edit pictures. It is another thing that I like the most.

The only downside is that you need enough time to get used to the software. Since there are a lot of features, you have to play around with it for a while. For me, it took about 2 hours to be friendly with the interface. But it's like when you are new to android and have to spend some times to get used to the interface.

Summary. If you are a student who needs to take notes and annotate pdf or slides, you SHOULD get the Note 10.1. With this, I am not going to bring any backpack and notes. I am reallllly happy with my new tablet!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2013 11:27 PM PST