Profile for Shawn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shawn RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Reiko Silicon Case Plus Protector Cover Samsung Galaxy Discover (CDMA)/Centura S738C - Retail Packaging - Navy Black
Offered by MissPromo
Price: $7.95
3 used & new from $2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, good price, March 18, 2015
My son chose this case for his Tracfone and loves it. It's slightly bulky but that was expected. He rarely uses the kickstand. The case offers good protection and a mildly cool look which is hard to find for this phone at any price.

IZOD Men's American Chino Flat Front Straight Fit Pant, Decaf Coffee, 35x32
IZOD Men's American Chino Flat Front Straight Fit Pant, Decaf Coffee, 35x32
Price: $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice pants, March 18, 2015
There is nothing wrong with the fabric, they don't shred or lose their look with washing, and the quality is as expected for the price. They do not need to be ironed and for me they fit true to size. This is a nice, everyday casual pant and a good value.

Shampoo for Oily, Itchy & Greasy Hair with Organic Rosemary, Peach Kernel and Jojoba - 100% Natural Treatment for Women, Men & Teens - Stimulates Cell Renewal and Increases Scalp/hair Circulation - Gentle & Safe for Color Treated Hair - USA Made By Maple Holistics
Offered by Maple Holistics
Price: $22.00
2 used & new from $16.95

4.0 out of 5 stars and face and it seemed to get worse over the years, February 26, 2015
I've always had oily hair, scalp, and face and it seemed to get worse over the years. By age 25 I started noticing oil would creep down my forehead during the day and my face would be oily by the end of the work day -- my forehead was shiny and I looked like I was sweating. By age 30 the oil would start irritating my eyes and contact lenses so bad that I would need to wash my face when I got home from work. By age 35 I needed to wash my face at work during the day, usually shortly around lunchtime. I would wash my face again before going to bed and my skin and hair would get oily during the night and darken my pillowcase. Gross.

I figured I had no choice but shower more often. And I could never find shampoo made for oily hair in the stores. My wife said I should try a more expensive shampoo. Recently I searched online and found this product. I'm not in love with the smell but have used it for roughly one month and have noticed a significant improvement. I shower every morning, using regular shampoo for the first wash and this shampoo for the second wash, allowing it to sit on my head for 2-3 minutes then rinse. My hair is less greasy and it has improved my oily skin, so much that most days I don't need to wash my face at all until late evening. I do not use a conditioner. I've tried using this shampoo for both washes everyday, but haven't noticed any difference, so I'm continuing to use my original shampoo to make this last longer. I also haven't noticed much improvement with my itchy scalp, but that's not a major concern for me. Try it, maybe it will work for you.

Cutter & Buck Men's Drytec Highland Park Golf Polo Shirt, Ringside, Large
Cutter & Buck Men's Drytec Highland Park Golf Polo Shirt, Ringside, Large
Offered by GotApparel
Price: $30.99
3 used & new from $30.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good summer shirt, February 26, 2015
Lightweight fabric, loose fit, good summer shirt. It's quite stretchy.

Galaxy S3 Case,ULAK Plastic with Chrome Steel Hard Case for Galaxy S3 i9300 W/screen protector (Black/Black PC)
Offered by Pandamimi-The Great ULAK Case Company
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Super easy to install, January 13, 2015
This is a respectable case for the price. Pros: Super easy to install. The squared-off shape with pronounced edges is a nice contrast to the S3, improves grip, and mimics the shape of recent iPhones. The metal accent panel on the back is a nice touch. The black rubberized plastic edges also improve grip aren't too sticky or tacky; you can easily put this phone in and take it out of your pockets. Cons: Zero face protection. This case covers the front and sides but does not extend past the face. The pictures seemed to show some extension to offer minimal protection, so loss of 1 star.

Chippewa Men's 20065 6" Rugged Handcrafted Lace-Up Boot,Chocolate Apache,11.5 D US
Offered by Shoe Mart Inc
Price: $160.14
10 used & new from $160.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic boots, October 20, 2014
These are top quality leather boots and I couldn't be happier, especially with the 20% off sale. I ordered a half size smaller than my leather dress shoes and they fit great. I wear a mens size 12C in dress shoes and either 11.5 or 12 medium in athletic shoes. I ordered an 11.5 medium in the Chippewas and they fit perfectly. Order them, you'll be glad you did. Make sure they fit you correctly - wear them around the house for an hour or two for a couple of days. Look at online resources to see how they should fit. I treated mine with a healthy coat of mink oil. Yes, it darkens the leather which is just fine, it also evens out the color tone. Some people have commented they don't like the lace holes at the top of the boot. They do this so the boots don't come untied while working. If you don't like it just lace up to the speed hooks, skip the holes, and tie your boots, this will be fine for most activities. I removed the US flag charms on the laces. I've worn my boots hiking and walking, and daily with jeans; after they break in to me they are just as comfortable as athletic shoes. My brothers noticed the boots right away; we've never heard of Chippewa brand but I would definitely buy again.

UPDATE 2/20/15: Still love these boots, never use the top lace holes anymore. They are the most comfortable shoes I own and fit like a glove. I've worn these outdoors all winter, gone for long walks in single digit temps wearing wool socks and my feet stayed warm. I would agree the smooth sole can be slick on compacted snow (no everyday shoe has traction on ice), but you learn to adjust by keeping your feet under you and not pushing off.

Classic Accessories 73912 Veranda  Barbecue Grill Cover, Medium, 59 Inch
Classic Accessories 73912 Veranda Barbecue Grill Cover, Medium, 59 Inch
Price: $26.49
71 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A good value alternative to Weber covers, April 6, 2014
I bought my first (medium) Veranda cover in 2010 for my Weber Genesis S-310 and just placed an order for a second one. Stored outdoors year-round on my uncovered deck, this cover lasted through 4 Illinois winters and heavy use until a large seam let loose. These are nice, weighty covers that last twice as long as Weber brand covers. They are durable and wind-resistant, but like most covers they do tend to fade and look a little dirty over time. Clean off the mildew with a stiff brush and soapy water every year or two to keep it looking good and don't forget the 3-year warranty if needed.

Big Star Men's Eastman Relaxed Straight Leg Jean In Hester, Hester, 33
Big Star Men's Eastman Relaxed Straight Leg Jean In Hester, Hester, 33

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice jeans at a nice price, January 23, 2014
This is my first pair of Big Star jeans. I generally wear a size 33 waist in higher-end jeans and these fit nicely. The color is slightly darker and more uniform than the picture, with less fading. I would consider these jeans just a bit dressier than my other Lucky and Mavi jeans. Prices fluctuate on Amazon -- I was shocked at how cheap these were.

PS3 Quad Dock
PS3 Quad Dock
Offered by Hayats
Price: $18.49
43 used & new from $14.30

4.0 out of 5 stars A good solution for 4 controllers, December 29, 2013
This review is from: PS3 Quad Dock (Video Game)
Holds four controllers and is relatively compact. Plugs into a wall outlet so it doesn't need a USB port on your PS3. Takes a moment to fit each controller to the base. The lights on the base are bright so if you sleep in the same room at night cover it with a shirt or towel.

Philips Norelco NT9130/40 NoseTrimmer 5100 (Packaging may vary)
Philips Norelco NT9130/40 NoseTrimmer 5100 (Packaging may vary)
Price: $18.95
13 used & new from $17.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Hoped for more, December 29, 2013
This trimmer is absolutely painless but it doesn't trim those rogue nose hairs as well as my old rotary trimmer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3