Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for T. Hanson > Reviews

Browse

T. Hanson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Hanson RSS Feed

Garmin nüvi 2555LMT 5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Maps and Traffic
Offered by iSave
49 used & new from $89.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I almost returned it, February 25, 2012
I have been a Garmin user since Desert Storm. When my 7 year old Garmin business GPS finally died, I did not hesitate to order another Garmin. I travel extensively for work and have all my contacts in the GPS which I take with me so I can find them quickly whenever I travel and am not constantly inputting them in the rental car GPS. Herein lies the problem. Previously on older Garmin GPS, there was a "favorites" save function that was prominently shown on the display. Addresses were easy to input and save for retrieval as needed. It was all quite intuitive and easy to do. Not so with the "new ones" or at least this series.
Nowhere in the quick start up guide or the expanded manual does it explain how to save way-points for future retrieval. I tried for some time to try and figure it out on my own to no avail. I called Garmin support and literally waited over 30 minutes on hold.
Once connected, it took about 5 minutes for him to explain how to do it. He admitted that it wasn't in the manual.
Garmin has clearly taken a step backwards in customer oriented features. Now you input the address, then attempt to travel there. Then you look for a specific button marked with an "i", which brings up another screen. You then touch the "3 bars" in the upper left corner, which gives another prompt asking do you want to "save". Once saved, you can access your "saves" from a small menu on the right side of the screen after you click on the "Where to" button. Are you kidding me? After you have done it a few times it is easy, but this is progress?
The other issue I have is the stupid, annoying ads for coupons. I got the lifetime maps and traffic updates which included the special cable, but I still get the ads. I thought those options negated the ads. Guess not.
I tried downloading the latest maps and was told the newest maps are not compatible with all series of their GPS. They said try back in a month.
As for the actual performance, I have to say it is great. It starts quicker than my old one and is crisp and accurate. So once through the learning curve, I am very happy. I will try the map download in a month.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2012 1:06 PM PST

Nature: Dogs That Changed the World
Nature: Dogs That Changed the World
DVD ~ Nature
Price: $13.93
23 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A very positive review, January 22, 2012
My wife and I found this video to be very informative and entertaining. Better than I had hoped it would be when I bought it. The only downside is that for us it has limited replay value. Well worth watching once. Then loan to your friends and relatives.

The Hunger: Season 1
The Hunger: Season 1
DVD ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by amazingwildcat
Price: $15.76
21 used & new from $11.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Hunger Review, April 14, 2010
This review is from: The Hunger: Season 1 (DVD)
Having enjoyed the True Blood series, I thought I would try this out. It has it's moments and can be entertaining, but because it is fairly dated, the production shows it's age.
It is also typical of the the type of "shock" entertainment that was done for adult TV back then. The True Blood series is a much better production.
All of these stories are unrelated which can be a good and a bad thing. As a result of them being unrelated it probably took me a lot longer to work my way through it.
If you like this type of story, I would recommend trying the True Blood series first.

Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic [Blu-ray]
Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Mark Hamill
Offered by SOUTHWEST MEDIA
Price: $8.69
66 used & new from $0.91

4.0 out of 5 stars DVD review, April 14, 2010
I bought this DVD as I am interested in the video game adaptation. Of course their are differences between the two, but generally they follow each other. The art work is a little dated, but overall an interesting production.
Not for minors. Blood, violence, sexual overtones, nudity.
This is also a DVD that won't get a lot of replay from me. I saw it once. Might go back and watch it again at some point, but not like a favorite movie.
Overall, I enjoyed it and glad I bought it.

shark SHKCYCLEKIT motorcycle yacht snowmobile marine audio 2 speakers+amp w/ all brackets for install
Offered by SharkMotorcycleAudio
Price: $42.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item, April 14, 2010
I bought this to mount in my truck to play my Ipod. I had tried other solutions and they weren't satisfactory and the high dollar answer to my problem di not appeal to me. So I got these. The only negative is that they are bright chrome, which may look great on a bike, but gives off a serious glare in a vehicle when mounted on the dash. If not mounted in direct sunlight this would not be a problem.
Great sound.

Mass Effect 2: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
Mass Effect 2: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
by Catherine Browne
87 used & new from $3.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Mass Effect 2 Guide review, March 11, 2010
I found the Game Guide to be quite helpful in the early stages of the game. Unfortunately, that is where I currently am as I am going slow and maximizing my game experience, so I can not speak to the utility later in the game. I would assume that the guide will continue to provide the same level of assistance throughout the game.
Having also played the original game 'Mass Effect' and used the guide as well, my initial comparison is that the original guide was somewhat clearer in it's explanations and suggestions. So I would rate the original slightly higher than the current guide, though I must stress that the current one is certainly useful and value for money.

You, on a Diet: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management
You, on a Diet: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management
by Michael F. Roizen
1533 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A common sense approach, June 1, 2007
This book was recommended to me by a friend who had lost a very noticeable amount of weight with this program and he knew of several others on the same diet that had lost considerable weight as well.

The book is easy to read and takes the reader through the science of their theory as well as how to actually do the diet. There are menus and recipes included. The book is set up so that you can skip sections you don't want to read and just jump into the diet, though I recommend that you actually read the book.

The authors are actual doctors and what they say makes sense. It is a variation on the theme that if you eat the right healthy food in moderate amounts and exercise in a moderate way (walking each day) that you will burn more calories than you take in and the weight will drop off. There is no magic bullet to weight loss, and self control is required in this diet as in all diets, but you will start eating healthier and feeling better with this program.