Profile for C. J. Kennedy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. J. Kennedy RSS Feed (Decatur, Il, USA)

The Ties That Bind
The Ties That Bind
by Jayne Ann Krentz
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
176 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars "The Ties that Bind", July 29, 2002
ANOTHER REPRINT! 1986!!! A good story in 1986, but soooo dated in 2002. Ms. Krentz is a great author and I read just about everything she writes.
From now on, I'll be sure to check the copyright page, I'm not going to get "taken" again with a reprint!!
I'll save my book dollars for the new releases!! My rating is not for the story or Ms. Krentz's writing ability....my rating is for the fact the book was first issued 16 YEARS AGO!!! I'll check with my local used book store for the "oldies."

Open Season
Open Season
by Linda Howard
319 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT ONE OF MS. HOWARD'S BEST, July 25, 2001
This review is from: Open Season (Hardcover)
I read this book in just a few hours. It's an easy, flowing book. The story starts out just great, the humor is wonderful, I find that very refreshing in a romantic suspense. But somewhere along the way, this book falls flat. It does not have the depth of Ms. Howard's other works. It can not be compaired to DREAM MAN or KILL AND TELL to pick just two examples of her talent. She has written so many wonderful books that as a I reader I expect great things from her at all times. That may be expecting too much from any author, but for a 310 page, [price] book, I want more. This book would have been presented better as a "series" book. The suspense is minimal and the romance is not all that interesting. I enjoyed the transformation of Daisy and the humor most of all.
I'm not saying readers won't enjoy this story, frankly I would have purchased it no matter what because I collect this author's work, I just don't feel it's as good as most of her other titles.
I always look forward to a book by Ms. Howard and will continue to read her work, I just hope the next story gives me the kind of read I have come to expect from this author.