Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for TheMagnificentR > Reviews

Browse

TheMagnificentR's Profile

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TheMagnificentR RSS Feed (Michigan, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

NOT NICKI MINAJ'S NEW ALBUM! DO NOT BUY

Spanish 2 Go
Spanish 2 Go

2.0 out of 5 stars Not All That Helpful, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Spanish 2 Go (App)
I downloaded this app to act as the companion for a Spanish instruction website hosted by Spanish teacher Dave Spencer. The app was originally intended to provide textual assignments and instructions that go along with his podcast series and it would be incredibly helpful, however Mr. Spencer seems to have abandoned the app, its content, and the podcast series he hosted. Within the app, a list of "premium" content can be seen that I would be more than happy to pay for, but its impossible. The app suggests visiting Mr. Spencer's website to purchase access to the content and that access can no longer be purchased from his site as far as I can tell. Which leaves the app essentially broken because there is a ton of content (multiple year's worth) that cannot be accessed.

All in all, don't bother with this one.

Android Men's AD430BKK Hydraumatic Chronograph Quartz Black Plating Watch
Android Men's AD430BKK Hydraumatic Chronograph Quartz Black Plating Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye-Catching and Durable, January 17, 2013
I am a bit of a watch connoisseur and I love this watch. It is very unique and well made. The black coated metal is holding up well through much wear and I continuously receive compliments on it.

In terms of size, I have relatively big wrists and the watch fits me perfectly. Because of the metal body construction, it does not appear to have any mechanism by which it can be tightened or loosened to fit ones wrist better, so someone with small wrists may have trouble wearing this watch. The hinge mechanism does not provide a way to make it smaller or tighter than it can possibly be. With that said, the tension springs on the side that clamp the watch to the wrist have enough force to easily hold the watch on during everyday use. If you are going to be doing a lot of wrist movement (i.e. - playing Kinect, Wii, or aggressively cheering your favorite sports team) there is a possibility it could go flying off. This happened to me once, but the wall with which the watch collided took significantly more damage than the watch itself. In fact, the watch still looks the same as it did when I first took it out of the package.

Overall this is a stellar watch for the price. At the time of this writing, it is about $150 off the suggested retail price of the manufacturer's website.

Solid Gold Cadillac
Solid Gold Cadillac
Price: $3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock and Roll Beauty, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Solid Gold Cadillac (MP3 Music)
SGC has put together something special with this self-titled EP. They have a raw sound that bores into your brain and leaves you begging for more. The riffs and beats are nothing but infectious. The lyrics seem to be written to match the dirtiness of the instrumental parts and I love it. Together, they will make you want to tap your feet, sing along, and play them on repeat. My favorite track is "Call Me," although the others are just as fantastic. The chorus of the first track "Drugs" routinely gets stuck in my head. It is every bit as addicting as the drugs the lead singer croons about. I cannot say enough excellent things about this release and look forward to hearing more from these guys very soon! If you like anything resembling rock and roll, this EP is for you.

Horse Life Adventures Free
Horse Life Adventures Free

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Fine For A Free Game, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Horse Life Adventures Free (App)
It's free so there isn't much complaining that I can really do. I have had to reset my device a number of times and be careful redownloading it. I couldn't get it to load the first few times I tried it after I redownloaded it.

DragonVale
DragonVale

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed, November 23, 2012
This review is from: DragonVale (App)
It may just be my device, but I had a lot of trouble trying to run this app. Nearly everytime I loaded it, my Kindle froze. As far as gameplay goes, it might be a little complicated for younger players (10 and under). My younger sister had trouble with some of the directions not being clear. If you are looking for games, she and I both enjoyed Paper Toss and it didn't freeze our devices. Skip this game and go download that.

Sketch W Friends FREE
Sketch W Friends FREE

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay..., October 19, 2012
This review is from: Sketch W Friends FREE (App)
For a free game, this one is alright. There a few things that make it fun. This is similar to the Draw Something game that is popular right now. Younger players might have a hard time trying to spell the words that it's asking for though. My younger sister had a little bit of trouble with that aspect. Also, it doesn't seem to have very many drawings to guess from. She played it for about an hour and saw repeated sketches.

Playlist: The Very Best Of Say Anything
Playlist: The Very Best Of Say Anything
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Collection..., August 9, 2012
With 70+ songs to choose from 2 albums, 2 LPs and 1 EP, this collection actually does a good job of showcasing the best of Say Anything. The first 6 songs are from ...Is a Real Boy, the next 4 are from In Defense of the Genre, and the last 5 are from their self titled album. This is just about the "greatest hits" type album I would put together if I were trying to show a friend the great things about this band.

The reasons I give it only a 4 star rating are 1) this is a greatest hits album released before the band was finished making music and that annoys me as a consumer/avid music fan. 2) Say anything is one of those bands that make it very hard to create a greatest hits album for since they offer many different musical flavors throughout their albums. Each individual is going to have a varying set of favorites from each album.

A casual fan of the band will find much to like about this modest collection and I highly recommend this to anyone that remotely enjoys any of the tracks in the listing above. It is a solid deal ($5 at the time of this writing) if you aren't interested in experiencing the masterpiece of the complete albums. For the more hardcore fans out there, let's face it, you can avoid this one since you already own these albums anyways.

AOC E2251SWDN 21.5-Inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Black
AOC E2251SWDN 21.5-Inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, July 6, 2012
As another reviewer pointed out, this screen does not come with an HDMI port as shown in the picture (and the picture on the manufacturers website. How can they have the wrong picture of their product??). I just pulled mine out of the box and I am incredibly disappointed in the image quality. My HP w1858 LCD screen(approximately 720i maximum display size) looks better than this. Text is blurry. There are 6 large lines/bars down the middle of the screen. The displayed image is actually shaky and flickers, not solid like it should be - which I didn't realize was possible. Touch controls at the bottom of the monitor for changing the color/tone/size etc. are not very responsive. The menu froze several times while I was messing with the options. I have had it out of the box a total of 45 minutes and I have already contacted Amazon to return it. Just very poor overall. Maybe the one I bought is defective, but I'm not going to take that chance. Spend the extra money and pick up a cheap Asus screen. There's nothing to miss out on here.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2012 7:31 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4