Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now SnS
Profile for Thomas Duff > Reviews

Browse

Thomas Duff's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2617
Helpful Votes: 19481

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thomas Duff "Duffbert" RSS Feed (Portland, OR United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Winmax Expander Set for Crossfit with Resistance Tube & Foam( Red & Black,Pack of 3)
Offered by win max
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for general stretching and toning..., May 8, 2016
I've been using these resistence bands for a while, and they're pretty good. You're kind of on your own with them in terms of instructions and use, but if you already have a fitness background, you should be OK.

The three sets are of solid construction, and they're comfortable during use. I especially like the grips, as they protect the hands from getting pinched or sore during heavier resistance exercises. The combination of configurations are useful to create a relatively complete stretching and resistence workout for the beginner or intermediate. A drawback is a lack of any real program or excercise chart. You pretty much have to figure it out yourself. Also, it's a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to resistence. While it's OK for me, I can see where it'd be too little for advanced users or too much for someone who is just starting out.

I find these also work well for physical therapy. I tore a bicep tendon, and this helps keep the area stretched out and toned. While it's not as flexible as the various strength elastic bands I got from the therapist, they're a whole lot more comfortable.

Obtained From: WinMax

Formeu Men's Low Cut No Show Ankle Casual Athletic Quarter Socks 5-Pack
Formeu Men's Low Cut No Show Ankle Casual Athletic Quarter Socks 5-Pack
Offered by Formeu
Price: $28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I like these socks a lot!, May 8, 2016
These low-cut socks have been an excellent acquisition. I like them on a number of levels... comfort, size, fit, and color.

I wear around a size 7.5 shoes, and often socks tend to run a bit large. As such, the heels sometimes end up around the achillies tendon. Not so with these. The heel and toe placement sit perfectly, and there's no bunching during use. They're a little on the thinner side while still remaining soft. I wouldn't use these for major heavy-duty workouts like long walks or running, but they are perfect for knocking around the house or regular daily use. And the colors... gotta love the playfulness of the color combinations. They definitely beat my normal white or black anklet socks. :)

These are a good deal, and you'll enjoy wearing them.

Obtained From: Formeu
Payment: Free

I'm Your Favorite Child Funny Glass Coffee Mug - Fun Father's Day Gifts for Dad - Cool Novelty Birthday Present Idea For Parents - Unique Cup For Mom, Men, Women, Him or Her From Son or Daughter
Offered by Got Me Tipsy Glassware & Gifts
Price: $24.55
3 used & new from $18.04

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great glass!, April 25, 2016
I absolutely love this mug, both for the construction and for the wording on the glass!

For starters, the mug is heavy-duty glass. It's one of those glasses that if I accidently dropped it on the floor, I'm 95% sure it wouldn't shatter. I'd probably have to be on concrete and throw it down to get that type of damage. I'm also happy with the volume it holds (13 oz). That's perfect for tea or coffee. The lettering holds up well to washing, and it shows up well both when the glass is empty and when it's holding liquids. Microwave safe? Check! And if all that wasn't enough, Got Me Tipsy will replace it should it ever break or show signs of wear.

Really, this is a no-risk mug that makes me smile when I see it, and I know it'll be around for a very long time. That's a great combination, and I'd definitely recommend this as a gift for anyone who wants to one-up their siblings. :)

Obtained From: Got Me Tipsy
Payment: Free

Winmax Gym Training Gloves Wrist Wrap Gloves Weight Lifting Gym Gloves- XL- Black
Offered by win max
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars They do a good job for basic weight training..., April 4, 2016
In my "younger days", I spent a lot of time in the gym doing weight training. My leather weight lifting gloves were my best friend. Fast forward a number of years, and I'm sort of starting over again. The opportunity to review these neoprene gloves came at a perfect time. After a few sessions, I find that I'm overall happy with the product (but I do miss my leather gloves).

Being that they're made from neoprene, these are extremely light. The design is rather unusual, in that the back of the glove is open. You slide your fingers into four strappy loops at the top, and the thumb fits into a hole placed on the side of the glove. Once all the fingers are situated, you fasten the glove at the wrist using the velcro fasteners.

The gloves are padded in the palm region, which helps when you're doing things such as bench presses or dumbbell curls. The neoprene also protects the lower part of your fingers, which is also nice for various gripping exercises. There's no exercise I currently do that isn't well-covered by these gloves.

As I progress into heavier weights, I will probably move back to leather gloves. They do a much better job when it comes to gripping and protecting for heavier lifts like deadlifts. But for where I'm currently at, these gloves are more than adequate.

Obtained From: WinMax
Payment: Free

Sfoothome Grip Strengthener , Hand Exerciser for Increasing Hand Wrist Forearm and Finger Strength , Adjustable Resistance Range 22 to 88 Lbs (10-40 Kg) (Yellow)
Offered by toodhome
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to build strength and recover from injury..., April 3, 2016
Need to strengthen your grip, wrist, and forearm? This is an easy and convenient way to do so. It's also something that you probably won't outgrow it quickly.

The unit is made up of two solid plastic pieces that have rubberized grips for the fingers and palm. The spring is *very* heavy, and it's not going to stretch out and lose its strength after repeated use.

The way it adjusts the tension range is pretty neat. The knob is attached to an inner screw that moves the end of the spring forward and backwards. The stated range is 22 to 88 pounds, but I have no real way to measure that. Having said that, there is a very definite range of pull tension, so it can work well for both injury rehab as well as raw grip strength.

This is an inexpensive way to work out your hands over the course of a day, and you can take it with you wherever you go. I like it a lot.

Obtained From: Sfoothome

Wolverine Men's Leather Belt Black 44
Wolverine Men's Leather Belt Black 44
Offered by Bells & Whistles
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great belt for the price..., April 3, 2016
This review is from: Wolverine Men's 38mm Leather Belt
This is a solid belt that should be a given in any man's wardrobe. The leather is sturdy with good stitching, and the edges are smooth and finished. The underside has a suede finish which provides a bit of grip on fabric so it doesn't slide around when wearing.

The siding is true to what I expected when I ordered it, and it fits very comfortably. The buckle is solid and isn't going to break down at an inopportune time. I also know this won't last forever, but I *love* the smell of the belt. When I took it out of the bag, the aroma of leather was wonderful...

This is my everyday belt for my jeans, and I'm very pleased with it.

Obtained From: Wolverine
Payment: Free

Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 3500, 20 built-in length settings, QT4018/49
Price: $39.99
6 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my new favorite trimmer..., April 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've had a beard continuously for the last 2+ decades. I wear it short, and I'm always interested in beard trimmers who can keep it as short as I like it (without any hassles). This trimmer fits the bill perfectly.

I like the wide range of length settings, especially with the low end being .5 mm. i tend to set the trimmer at the lowest setting, and then use it until it quits making noise when it's cutting hair. The .5 setting puts my beard at the perfect level for how I like to wear it. The cutting is clean and doesn't pull at my beard during operation.

Clean-up is a breeze, too. I like how you can pop the head off the printer and then use regular water to clean it. It's a lot easier to give this one a thorough cleaning compared to the trimmer I've been using for the last few years. I'm also thrilled with the ability to recharge this one instead of burning through AA batteries like I'm used to.

This is a great choice to keep a short beard in shape...

Obtained From: Amazon Vine Review Program

SKIL 2354-12 iXO Power Screwdriver With Cutter Attachment
SKIL 2354-12 iXO Power Screwdriver With Cutter Attachment
Price: $37.99
4 used & new from $37.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have around the house..., April 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm enjoying the use of this power screwdriver around the house. I don't do major home repair projects, so it's not something I'm going to be using day in and day out. But for those one-off jobs where you need to mount a few screws for a curtain rod or assembling something, it works perfectly. It doesn't have a ton of power, so it's not going to be something that will work for people having to do heavy-duty jobs, like putting up fences.

The unique part of this tool, and the one that will likely get the most work, is the cutter attachment. I get a LOT of packages from Amazon, and breaking down the cardboard is always a hassle. Trying to get the boxes cut down to fit into the recycle bin is less than fun. With this attachment, I can slice down the seams with little effort. Again, due to the power I have to take it a bit slow but it's still better than trying to rip it by hand. It also works great for those horrible clamshell plastic packages.

This is probably more than I'd spend if I were buying it on my own, but it's definitely nice to own.

Obtained From: Amazon Vine Review Program

OUTAD Waterproof 32-LED Bicycle Bike Spoke Rim Lights for MTB Wheel Tire
OUTAD Waterproof 32-LED Bicycle Bike Spoke Rim Lights for MTB Wheel Tire
Offered by Bsyexcellent
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun addition to the bike..., March 22, 2016
This is my first time using a rim light for my bike, and it's a rather cool effect. I don't think I'd leave this on 24/7, but if you're doing night riding, it could be beneficial (as well as fun).

I was able to attach it ontl the spokes in just a couple of minutes, and I was off and ready to go. You can set it to sense when it's dark out (and therefore turn the lights on), or you can use manual mode to force the lights to turn on and stay on. When in operation, it cycles through 32 different patterns, changing every four seconds.

If I left this on full-time, I'm not sure how well it would hold up. It seems solid enough, but it could end up taking a lot of wear during daylight hours when it's not needed. It says that it will go upwards of 20 hours on three AAA batteries, so you might want to get some rechargeables or else it could get a bit expensive.

I could see this working out best in a couple of situations. They provide an eye-catching display from the side during night riding, and that is a major safety plus. Also, if you're going on any fun rides during night hours, this will make your ride stand out from others (and gain you a few compliments).

It's definitely a fun addition to the bike...

Obtained From: OUTAD
Payment: Free

40 Gel Pens set for Adult Coloring Books In Storage Case Quality Art Markers Including Glitter Metallic Pastel Color Acid Free
Offered by Tactaf
Price: $17.99
4 used & new from $14.84

5.0 out of 5 stars These pens are a joy to use..., March 21, 2016
I'm a sucker for gel pens, as I love they way they write and flow. Give me 40 gel pens in a variety of colors, and I'm a happy camper! I don't think I'll be buying pens for a long time now.

These gel pens are probably targeted more for the artist or someone into coloring with ink, but I really like them just for regular note-taking. The 40 colors cover everything from metallic to neon, glitter, pastel, and regular classic colors. Every one of the pens I've tried so far has started writing smoothly from the moment the pen touched the page, and the colors are vibrant. I like that they also include some unusual colors like white! Obviously not recommended if you're writing on white notepaper, but really nice if you're trying to write something on a dark label.

The pens come packed in a plastic cylinder so you can easily see all the colors based on the caps. All I have to do is check out my mood for the day, pick a color, and I'm off with my notes and scribblings throughout the work day.

Obtained From: Art-n-Fly