Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Thomas Duff > Reviews

Browse

Thomas Duff's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2627
Helpful Votes: 19527

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thomas Duff "Duffbert" RSS Feed (Portland, OR United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Astarin Mens Sheer Mesh Bikini Boxer Briefs Underwear Shorts
Astarin Mens Sheer Mesh Bikini Boxer Briefs Underwear Shorts
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable *and* sexy..., June 1, 2016
These boxer briefs are quite nice, as well as having solid construction. They're also incredibly sexy. The 5% spandex gives them a bit of stretch to hug the boys and the buns so everything stays in place. The front pouch gives enough room for comfort while still providing support. The color and striping are pretty reveling. The black ribbed stripes are solid, but they are separated by transparent mesh between stipes. You *will* be able to see the goods when you're wearing these. The red edging sets off the black very nicely, and makes for a great look. Everything is triple-stitched, so these are going to last for a very long time.

The only downside is that they run small, so ordering up a size is pretty much a necessity.

Bottom line is that these underwear look great and feel great... definitely sexy.

Astarin Men's Sexy Boxer Briefs Cotton Underwear
Astarin Men's Sexy Boxer Briefs Cotton Underwear
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Like wearing nothing at all..., June 1, 2016
These briefs are quite nice, as well as having solid construction. The 5% spandex gives them a bit of stretch to hug the boys and the buns so everything stays in place. The front pouch gives enough room for comfort while still providing support. The solid red body and the grey trim feel ultra-soft and feather light, and it almost feels like you're not wearing anything at all. Everything is triple-stitched, so these are going to last for a very long time.

Astarin Mens Cotton Breathable Low Rise Trunks Underwear Boxer Briefs pack
Astarin Mens Cotton Breathable Low Rise Trunks Underwear Boxer Briefs pack
Price: $5.99 - $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars High-quality briefs that look and feel great..., June 1, 2016
These briefs are quite nice, as well as having solid construction. The 5% lycra gives them a bit of stretch to hug the boys and the buns so everything stays in place. The mesh fabric feels very smooth and light, and it almost feels like you're not wearing anything at all. Everything is triple-stitched, so these are going to last for a very long time.

UAG Surface Book Feather-Light Composite [ICE] Military Drop Tested Laptop Case
UAG Surface Book Feather-Light Composite [ICE] Military Drop Tested Laptop Case
Price: $79.95
4 used & new from $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an awesome Surface Book case..., May 30, 2016
I love my Surface Book, but it's so light that I'm always afraid it'll get damaged if I inadvertently drop it. When UAG offered me a review unit of their Surface Book case, I jumped at the chance. I swear by UAG cases on my iPhone, and I'm happy to report that I feel the same way about their Surface case. This is a great case with ingenious design.

Since the Book can undock the screen to become a tablet, I wasn't sure how the UAG case would accommodate it. They do so by making the case in two parts. The keyboard base has a heavy-duty case that curls up the back edge where the keyboard and screen connect. The screen has a separate piece that keeps the screen safe while allowing it to detach and reattach with no problem. The case is snug, and the buttons and ports all line up properly.

When the case is closed, it's actually latched with two side tabs. As such, the Surface Book will not open up while you have it in a backpack. The best part (to me) is the Surface Pen clip that runs along the top of the case. It allows the pen to snap in tightly, and there's little chance of it getting brushed off and lost. Given that I've had that happen a couple of times, that feature alone is worth the case to me.

Probably the only knock on the case is that it does add bulk. Part of the appeal of the Surface Book is how slim it is. With the case on it, it does feel more like a laptop than a tablet/laptop hybrid. Still, it does come off with just a little effort, so you don't have to leave it on all the time. Maybe you just use it while you're traveling. For me, I plan on leaving it on full time. I like the protection my iPhone UAG case gives me, and I enjoy having the same level of protection for my Surface Book now.

Obtained From: Urban Armor Gear
Payment: Free

Isport outdoor shovel, Military Folding Shovel Tactical Military Shovel Multifunctional Shovel for Camping, Hiking, Backpacking, Gardening(Black)
Offered by justmysport
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good functionality for the price..., May 30, 2016
This collapsible shovel and pick is getting a permanent spot in my emergency bag. It's the right size for small shoveling jobs, and would be worth its weight in gold in so many situations.

When folded up with the handle unscrewed, the unit is just over six inches in length. Screw the handle in, and it sits at 11 inches. The shovel head and the pick head fold down on either side of the upper handle for storage. There's a nut at the base of the head that locks down the shovel and pick at either 180 degrees (straight out) or 90 degrees (either both or one at a time). It's solid when locked in, and you don't have to baby it so as to not break it.

The shovel head is five inches by four inches, which is OK for small holes or trenches. It would also work well if your car was stuck in the snow and you were trying to dig out the wheels for additional traction. It also has a serrated edge on one side, which would work well when trying to cut branches or roots. The pick is four inches long, and it too is solid when using.

I find this also works well for gardening where you're on your hands and knees removing weeds or planting. It's small enough to use in that situation, and it makes short work of the dirt in front of you. My only recommendation is to either add some tape or glue underneath the rubber grip at the bottom of the handle. It slides off pretty easy, and I can't think of too many situations where you wouldn't want it to be a permanent part of the overall unit.

For the price and functionality, this is a really good deal. I'm happy knowing it's in the emergency bag.

Obtained From: ISPORT
Payment: Free

Toponechoice® Women's High Waist Lace Panties Comfortable Underwear with High Elastic
Offered by Toponechoice
Price: $21.99 - $43.98

3.0 out of 5 stars The sizing is way off..., May 30, 2016
I ordered these for my wife to try, as I thought they looked pretty sexy. They come in a nice box, and would be ready-made to give to someone as a gift. In terms of fabric and feel, they're quite nice. They do have a bit of stretch, but not enough to make up for the completely inaccurate sizing they use.

I got the plus size, as that would be a normal sizing we would use. I also figured they'd be a bit small, as garments from China tend to be smaller than what we see in the states. But this wasn't even close. These XL panties would possibly fit someone who normally buys a small using American sizing. These weren't even "if I lose a few more pounds" small... they were "if I had a completely different body type" small.

If you're tiny, these would make for a great look. Otherwise, you'll be disappointed.

Obtained From: Toponechoice
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2016 7:41 PM PDT

Palais Glassware 'Crâne' Collection, High Quality Skull Shot Glasses, Set Of 6
Palais Glassware 'Crâne' Collection, High Quality Skull Shot Glasses, Set Of 6
Offered by Gifts 'n More
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding shot glasses..., May 29, 2016
I'm really loving these skull shot glasses. They're perfect for one of my favorite tiki drinks.

The set of six shot glasses are well-made and heavy duty. When you lift one of the glasses, you know you're holding something that isn't going to shatter if you inadvertently drop it on the bar.

I'm a tiki enthusiast, and these glasses are essential if you're serving a Shrunken Skull drink. The main drink is demerara rum with a touch of pomegranate and cinnamon. The skull shot glass is used to serve up a side shot of rum. These shot glasses are *perfect* for it.

I'm a fan of Palais Glassware offerings, and these are the quality that I've come to expect from them.

Obtained From: Palais Glassware
Payment: Free

Shootmy Aluminum Tactical Pen Defender Multifunction Tool for protect yourself with Glass Breaker and flashlight
Offered by Shootmy
Price: $29.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pen, but I wish it came with instructions..., May 29, 2016
This is a pretty good tactical pen, both for looks and functionality. I would have liked a few directions (I was apparently an idiot when it came to the pen portion of the tool).

In terms of features and design, it looks great. It has a flashlight that is turned on by rotating the upper portion of the barrel. The flashlight has three different lighting levels that can be cycled through by turning the light on and off via the twisting of the barrel.

On the other end, you have the pen and a glass breaker. The glass breaker serves as a cap to the pen. It screws onto the end, and the metal pointed tip would easily shatter a car or bus window in an emergency. Once you unscrew that cap, there's a pen underneath that has good flow and ease of writing. If you want to leave the pen exposed, you can screw the glass breaker over the flashlight end.

The pen comes nicely packaged in a padded box, but there are no instructions. I think they would be a great idea, because not everything is intuitive. I quickly discovered the flashlight on/off by twisting. It took me a LONG time to figure out that the glass breaker tip unscrewed to expose the pen. I tried unscrewing it a number of times, but it must have been screwed on very hard. And screwing the glass breaker over the flashlight when using the pen? That took me even longer. Some instructions would have helped... a lot!

I like this pen a lot, even with the frustration I had in getting all the parts to work. Now that I'm past that, I'll be carrying this around with me on a regular basis.

Obtained From: Shootmy
Payment: Free

Toptool Pocket Hammer-axe Multitool with Plier, Knife, Can Opener, Screwdriver & More (Grey)
Offered by Tomtop
Price: $33.00
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool for camping, emergency bags, and around the house usage..., May 29, 2016
This pocket multi-tool is a lot better than I expected, and I'm liking having it around the house (as well as packed in my emergency kit). It's like having a Swiss Army knife that can actually do real things like cut wood and drive nails.

Fully extended, this tool is just under ten inches and is just under a pound in weight. If it weren't for the hammer and hatchet, I'd think that was a bit heavy. But in this case, it actually helps. The hammer is actually useful with the weight behind it. It does a good job for small nailing chores, and it is good for camping if you need to drive tent stakes. The hatchet head is around an inch long, and it would be good for small kindling and branch work. A nice touch for the hatchet is a small rubber cover to keep the blade from being exposed. The hammer head and the hatchet also combine to become a set of pliers and wire cutters. While I like the function, the pliers can be somewhat limited due to how wide the hammer and hatchet make the head of the pliers. It may be that you don't have much room to maneuver when using it.

The other end of the tool has the blades that swing out from the body. There are two sawing blades that would actually be able to cut through branches around two inches. There's a smooth cutting blade that's normal for camping knives. The last two blades have a phillips screwdriver, flathead screwdriver, and a bottle opener. All of these are functional and usable around the house, for gardening, and for camping.

I'm very impressed with this tool, especially given the price. I'm very happy to have it in my emergency bag, and I have gone to it on more than one occasion so far.

Obtained From: Toptool
Payment: Free

Bike Repair Tool, Thksgod 16 in 1 Multi-Function Bicycle Mechanic Repair & Maintenance Tool Kit with Portable and Compact Screwdriver Nut Driver Patch Kit
Offered by Thksgod
Price: $10.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Functionality and price make this a no-brainer..., May 29, 2016
This bike repair kit is perfect for carrying around on a regular basis when you get on your bike. My kid has it packed in his backpack which he uses for all his rides, and he feels better (as do I) having it around in case of emergencies.

The multi-tool that has the screwdriver and wrenches is like having a Swiss Army knife for your bike. This has everything needed to make emergency repairs, and it does it for less than a pound of weight. This can handle just about anything, from seat tightening to removing tires.

In terms of tire repair, this has him covered. The tire crowbars are great to get the tire separated from the rim. The rasp and patches are there to fix any blowouts that may happen (and yes, they *do* happen with his style of riding). Paired up with a small tire pump, this kit should get him out of just about any bike emergency he'll run into.

Combine the functionality of this kit with the price, and it's a no-brainer.

Obtained From: Thksgod