Profile for Arizona Bluesman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Arizona Bluesman "Blues Power" RSS Feed (Nevada)

Page: 1 | 2
Western Wall: The Tuscon Sessions
Western Wall: The Tuscon Sessions
Price: $9.49

1.0 out of 5 stars It's T-U-C-S-O-N, not T-U-S-C-O-N, May 15, 2014
Get it right, Amazon! If you are going to release a CD and it makes reference to a city, in this case my hometown, then at least spell it right! Geez!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2014 7:15 PM PDT

Roundup 181538 Sprayer Parts Repair Kit
Roundup 181538 Sprayer Parts Repair Kit
Price: $6.97
5 used & new from $6.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me about thirty bucks!, April 26, 2014
I was getting set up to go do my springtime Roundup weed kill when the darn sprayer was hissing around the seal at the top. I ordered this for a fraction of the cost of a new sprayer and it solved all my problems and saved me a bunch of money. If you have even minimal skills at "figgerin' things out," try this before you buy a new sprayer.

Nassau Coliseum, Ny 5/1/73
Nassau Coliseum, Ny 5/1/73
Price: $14.88
37 used & new from $11.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Just awesome!, April 26, 2014
This is, IMHO, on a par with Lie at Fillmore East. A lot of folks don't like Mountain Jam, but the one here is just stellar, as is a smooth In Memory of Elizabeth Reed. This show could almost be billed as "the Allman Brothers Greatest Early Hits Live," as there isn't a weak song here. The audio quality is exceptional and the setlist is just mana from the gods for those of us who love the early ABB. I highly, highly recommend this!

Novofine 30 Insulin Pen Needle Autocover Disposable 1/3 Inch - Box of 100
Novofine 30 Insulin Pen Needle Autocover Disposable 1/3 Inch - Box of 100

1.0 out of 5 stars You're paying for Novo Nordisk's brand--name product, April 23, 2014
At my pharmacy (Walgreen's) these are $45, and if you have insurance they are whatever your co-pay is. (Mine is just $15.) So, spent seventy-five bucks if you have money to burn, but check with your local pharmacy first if you're taking Victoza.

Grateful Dead rock band Vynil Car Sticker Decal - Select Size
Grateful Dead rock band Vynil Car Sticker Decal - Select Size
Offered by Sign Outlet
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It looks awesome on my Toyota Corolla's trunk!, April 23, 2014
I'm goin' down the road feelin' bad -- but I'm happy because I am flying my freak flag (per David Crosby's "Almost Cut My Hair") and letting the world know that the Grateful Dead may be a thing of the past, but their spirit lives on in the massive musical legacy they left us.

NovoFine 32G Tip x 6 mm (1/4") Disposable Pen Needles (100 count)
NovoFine 32G Tip x 6 mm (1/4") Disposable Pen Needles (100 count)
2 used & new from $59.00

2.0 out of 5 stars You're paying extra for Novo Nordisk's name-brand product, April 23, 2014
OK, if you're like me you're using one needle a day. I've just started on Victoza, so I figured this price would be better than Walgreen's, where I will be gettting my Victoza pens. (I got two free samples from my doctor.) I get a free box of needles the first time and didn't think to ask how much they are, or how many are in the "free" box. I asked today, when I was picking up another RX, and Walgreen's doesn't carry the Novo Nordisk needles. They do have another 32 gauge needle made by another manufacturer (Squibb), which fits the Victoza pen, and it was forty-eight dollars! I will "eat" this order and take the twenty-eight dollar loss, but I highly recommend that you check with your local pharmacy on prices. The pharmacist said I probably would only have to actually pay the co-pay for the pens, which is fifteen bucks with Cigna. So, yes these needles are great, but at seventy-four dollars, they are far more expensive than other needles that are the same size and work as well, according to my pharmacist. So, the price I paid is my own fault for not doing my homework first...

NOTE: I had originally given this one star, due to the high price. However, I've increased it to two stars because the box of needles was VERY well protected by bubble wrap, so that deserves another star, IMHO. Still, I won't buy these again and will "make do" with the Squibb 32 gauge needles.

Queen of Country Blues 1929-1937
Queen of Country Blues 1929-1937
Price: $27.64
30 used & new from $18.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection! This is truly worth all five stars!, April 4, 2014
I was familiar with a few of Memphis Minnie's songs, but the low price of this five-CD collection of her seminal music in the early 1930s was enough to get me to order the CDs, so I'd have 'em as backup if an mp3 messed up.

The sound quality is good. Unlike some early blues singers whose music has been sanitized too much by digital removal of pops and hisses, the remastering here is good enough so the pops and hisses don't overpower your ears, and Minnie's music comes through loud and clear.

Given the relatively low price of this collection, I'd recommend it for anyone interested in the history of the blues. Sure, a one-CD "best of" for Memphis Minnie might be enough for some people, but for a few dollars more its fun to listen to her for five-plus hours and hear her slowly evolve and mature.

Great stuff! Highly recommended!

My Rough and Rowdy Ways
My Rough and Rowdy Ways
Price: $13.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 82-song collection of Rodger's best!, April 4, 2014
I know there was a comment made about the mixed quality of sound on these four CDs, which downloaded as one folder filled with mp3 versions of the songs. I have listened to all of this CD and it's actually very good sounding compared to some other offerings on the market. I am enough of a Rodgers fan that on a cross-country trip I went out of my way to go to Meridian, Mississippi. There is a Jimmy Rodgers historical museum, which was OK, but I located the cemetery where he is buried and I tramped around until I came upon the Rodgers' family plot and was able to get a picture of his headstone. (By way of comparison, in Lubbock, Texas, the cemetery where Buddy Holly (listed there as Holley) is buried has a big sign with an arrow pointing and "Buddy Holly grave" beneath the arrow.)

It's nice that Rodgers' music is being kept alive and digital improvements are making the old scratchy 78s more and more listenable. I've pretty much got a hit and miss collection of Rodgers music and this CD is, by far, the most comprehensive. Rykodisc put out a collection years ago of all his work, and I think you can pick up most of the CDs, one by one, at the CD section.

I opted for this, since it was such a bargain. $13.98 for the equivalent of four CDs' worth of music comes to 17 cents each for the 82 songs. That, my friend, is a bargain!

The sound quality is great, the selection is awesome. This may not be every single Jimmy Rodgers song ever recorded, but 82 tracks is plenty enough for me -- especially for the low price! I highly recommend this!

Unger 92134 36-Inch Nifty Nabber Pick-Up Tool with Aluminum Handle
Unger 92134 36-Inch Nifty Nabber Pick-Up Tool with Aluminum Handle
Price: $19.97
39 used & new from $16.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for picking up aluminum cans, March 6, 2014
Back in October 2013 I was advised by my physician to begin walking in order to lose weight. I began slowly and am now up to 60 to 80 minutes a day. Just walking was boring, so I began picking up stray aluminum cans I found during my walks. In time, I got a canvas bag to hold the cans, and also began check out dumpsters, trash cans at bus stops, and other repositories of discarded aluminum cans. I didn't like digging through the garbage, so I picked up a cheap "grabber" that lasted a couple of weeks and didn't have much lifting power. I decided to splurge and get this model, and I love it! It has tremendous grab ability and lifts filled trash bags in dumpsters with ease. I went from collecting 30-40 cans a day to as many as 166 cans last Sunday. I only make about $20 a week from collecting the cans, but I get a certain joy by being "paid" for walking, as well as helping keep cans out of landfills. This Unger "nabber" is simply phenomenal and I give it the high possible rating!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2014 12:35 AM PDT

Live
Live
Offered by newbury_comics
Price: $9.76
17 used & new from $5.76

1.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking at a blue background with LIVE! on the cover, beware, it's a ripoff, January 27, 2014
This review is from: Live (Audio CD)
LIVE! is actually a very poor audio quality audience recording (NOT a soundboard) of the original Peter Green lineup of Fleetwood Mac. There is a two-CD "Live" that's got the Rumours line-up, and was released just after Tusk, but blue thing isn't it!

Make sure you get the live two-CD set with the band and audience on the cover, not this ripoff. Curiously, I bought this and did the auto-rip and I got the two-CD Rumours line-up, which I wanted, so this crappy sounding CD is going in the trash. I love the early Fleetwood Mac and if you want some of their live stuff, there are two CDs recorded at the Boston Tea Party that are excellent soundboard recordings.

This "Live!" "import" is a flat-out ripoff. Don't say you've not been warned.

Page: 1 | 2