Profile for P. Leonard > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. Leonard "Mr. Research" RSS Feed (Wheaton, IL)

Hello, My Name Is Awesome: How to Create Brand Names That Stick (BK Business)
Hello, My Name Is Awesome: How to Create Brand Names That Stick (BK Business)
by Alexandra Watkins
Price: $13.56
60 used & new from $8.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Hello. This book is Awesome!, September 15, 2014
I can't believe that Alexandra is sharing her naming secrets but this book spills the beans on exactly how she does what she does. It's an easy read that delivers very concrete information that will help anyone (even the accountants of the world) come up with a better business or product name. The real-world examples Alexandra gives in this book are compelling, illustrative and helpful. If you haven't launched your new business or product yet, you owe it to yourself, and your customers to get this book. Buy it, and you'll be able to create a name that passes both the SMILE and SCRATCH tests. You'll put more money in your bank account because of it. I strongly recommend this book!

Hasty-Bake 12701 Hardwood Lump Charcoal, pack of 5
Hasty-Bake 12701 Hardwood Lump Charcoal, pack of 5
Price: $59.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lump charcoal with nice heat and low ash production., September 14, 2014
Hasty Bake charcoal is manufactured by Ozark Oak for Hasty Bake. It's absolutely great lump charcoal. It lights easily, burns nice and clean and produces good heat. There is nothing but pure lump charcoal with no fillers or additives and no off odors to taint the food. After a full load of wood for a 10 hour smoke there was very little ash left. (90% less than what I had been getting from the Kingsford briquettes.) I will not be going back to briquettes.

Charred & Scruffed
Charred & Scruffed
by Peter Kaminsky
Price: $16.60
84 used & new from $5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW. Well written, great photo's, outstanding recipes and new thinking on grilling, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Charred & Scruffed (Paperback)
Adam Perry Lang does an outstanding job of describing the techniques he's using like 'scruffing', 'clinching' and 'reverse searing' etc. and explains the why's and wherefores for each. He explains several different styles of grilling and includes some innovative processes that can be accomplished by nearly anyone. We're talking kettles, and fireboxes with bricks and stuff...no fancy high-priced grills with lots of bells and whistles... just a man, meat and a fire. The pics are excellent and the recipes (this book is full of them) are mouthwatering!
He knows his stuff and how to communicate it. This is a great addition to any grilling library that will spend most of its time off the shelf and in my hands!

Thermos Model PP1920M, 2 Quart Thermal Beverage Dispenser
Thermos Model PP1920M, 2 Quart Thermal Beverage Dispenser
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $32.48
7 used & new from $20.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent airpot, November 13, 2013
I've tried a cheaper Chinese branded airpot from Walmart but found that the pump mechanism just did not work easily and did not seal.
These Thermos brand glass-lined vacuum insulated airpots work like a charm. They keep coffee very hot for 4 hours and the pump seal and mechanism are excellent. The build in 'lazy susan' on the bottom of each of these airpots is very functional and quite helpful as well. While a glass-lined interior is more fragile than steel, it's much better for both heat retention and keeping the taste of the coffee free from the taint of metal.

IRISPen Express
IRISPen Express
Offered by Kandieskorn
Price: $80.00
6 used & new from $43.00

1.0 out of 5 stars IRIS Pen needs better vision, August 8, 2008
This review is from: IRISPen Express (Office Product)
I purchased this pen to scan in hundreds of sets of contact information from a typed directory. We would have used a flat bed scanner and OCR to do the work if we wanted all the names on all the directory pages, but we only wanted select names from some of the pages and we didn't want to have to type them all in by hand.

To be fair, the directory print was quite small and the lines were pretty close together so I was not certain that the IRIS would do the trick when I purchased. It would have been nice to know that the pen could not be calibrated to pickup type that was 7 point in size and line spacing. However, even when trying to use the IRIS on larger print with adequate spacing (10 point print) it became clear that without a very steady hand and consistent 'swipe speed' the pen could not recognize enough of the characters to make it worthwhile to use.

I do not recommend this product... I ended up sending mine back because it was far less time consuming to just type the data instead of working with this device.

Sony RM-VL600 8-Device Universal Learning Remote (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony RM-VL600 8-Device Universal Learning Remote (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by BEYOND THE BUOYS
Price: $67.77
22 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement remote, August 8, 2008
I bought the Sony RM-VL6000 universal learning remote to replace the Sony remote that came with my Sony TV. This new remote worked right out of the box with no setup or configuration at all (I half expected it not to) which was important as the previous remote that it would have had to "learn" from was not fully functional!

I have not used it to learn the functions of any other remotes nor have I attempted to control any other device than the Sony TV I purchased it for so I don't know how well it performs when learning or controlling anything else. However, I've had this remote for about a month now and it is working exactly as I need it to; controlling the Sony TV.

Rick Steves' Florence and Tuscany 2007
Rick Steves' Florence and Tuscany 2007
by Rick Steves
65 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Tour like a local, April 10, 2007
We split our time in Rome with two days in Florence. We had Rick Steve's Rome for the Rome portion of our 10 days but we found ourselves in Florence without his Florence and Tuscany book. While standing in line to see the David, we slipped into a bookstore and purchased this book. It was every bit as helpful as Rick's book on Rome and I have a personal resolution to never vacation in another European city without a Rick Steve's guide book in my hand. Every recommendation... from where to get gellato, where to eat dinner, what to see, what to miss, when to visit specific attractions and how to avoid the lines was right on target.

This book allowed us to walk Florence as if we were locals and made our trip that much more enjoyable.

I recommend this book for any first or second time visitor to Florence.

Rick Steves' Rome 2007
Rick Steves' Rome 2007
by Rick Steves
52 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Survival Guide, April 10, 2007
This review is from: Rick Steves' Rome 2007 (Paperback)
Rick Steve's Rome was the perfect companion during the 6 days my wife and I spent in Rome. Rick's knowledge and research made tackling this city more than just doable... it was almost a breeze! Rick's attention to detail paid off time and time again as we winnowed down the list of what we should see and do, avoided long lines, reduced the inevitable frustration with Rome's transportation system and selected places to eat. His recommendations were right on target and the walking tours he has laid out in the pages of the book were fun and informative. Almost like having our own personal tour guide that we could make travel at our own pace. Rick has done his homework and made Rome a great holiday.

This book is a must for any first or second time visitor to Rome.