ARRAY(0x9588a9e4)

Customer Reviews: 648

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

romevi RSS Feed (Chicago)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
VINCENT LONGO Olive Oil Fix Tip Makeup Remover
VINCENT LONGO Olive Oil Fix Tip Makeup Remover
Price: $20.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great to remove makeup, but a bit pricey for what it is., April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The actual remover is fine, and has been easy to remove makeup with, but the tips are cumbersome and only so much better than Q-tips. I don't feel I'd be buying replacements for the tips.

The remover works well without smudging much, but even smudges are easy to remove.

For the price, however, I'm not sure I'd be ordering it again.

Barilla Gluten Free Elbow Pasta, 12 Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)
Barilla Gluten Free Elbow Pasta, 12 Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)
Price: $28.34
2 used & new from $28.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting noodles., April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We wanted a gluten-free alternative to our pasta that our toddler could eat, and the elbow ones seemed the best to try.

They were easy to make, not much different than regular pasta, and tasted great. I felt they had a thicker texture than regular elbow pasta.
My daughter loved them; she tried them with and without pasta and ate them up just the same.

Dove Beauty Bar, White, 4 Bars
Dove Beauty Bar, White, 4 Bars
Price: $7.19
15 used & new from $4.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the family., April 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife and I use separate soaps, but we finally agreed on this one. It lasts long for us both (about a month, if you can believe it), and has a nice soft feel to the skin.

However, I use a loofah anyway so I use less soap, but the lather thickens quite a bit for the small amount I use. It leaves a very distinct soft feel to the skin even after scrubbing.

Quartet Magnetic Push Pins, High Power Magnets, Bright Colors, 10 Pack (MPPCB)
Quartet Magnetic Push Pins, High Power Magnets, Bright Colors, 10 Pack (MPPCB)
Price: $6.22
2 used & new from $6.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little magnets., April 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have all sorts of menus, reminders, notes, and pictures hanging on our fridge, so more magnets are always welcome. I've always wanted a set that reminded me of the pins I use on the cork board at work, and now we have some for our fridge.

They're very strong, and can hold up to a few sheets of paper. We have a couple propping up this magnetic calendar that's not strong on its own, and now our calendar doesn't slide down whatsoever.

My toddler daughter likes to play with them on the fridge, arranging them with family pictures.

OXO Good Grips SimplyPull Napkin Holder
OXO Good Grips SimplyPull Napkin Holder
Price: $24.14
4 used & new from $13.10

4.0 out of 5 stars An unnecessary necessity., April 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When it comes to OXO, they know how to make their stuff. We've been using paper towels and splitting them in half for dinner usage, but when I had the opportunity to order this I took the chance. We've had a ton of unused napkins left over from a birthday party last year, so I wanted to put those to use.

Regularly sized napkins fit in this little holder just right, and the weight on top is perfect. Thus far I've had no issues pulling one napkin without the rest coming out.
Sturdy, but the price may deter some.

Skip Hop Moby Waterfall Bath Rinser
Skip Hop Moby Waterfall Bath Rinser
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better to wash my toddler's hair., April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My little one hates getting her hair washed because she knows the water will come pouring down. No matter how hard we try, she doesn't want to put her head back without some force. Of course, I'd rather use as little force as possible.

The best option before getting this rinser was the overhead. It sprays at a gentle flow, and it's better than the cup we used to use when she was a toddler.

Now, this Skip Hop rinser really is no different than a cup, but it's that special little yellow lip that makes all the difference. Because of that, the water pours evenly to the sides of her head, and has yet to pour over her face. Actually, the water got on her face a couple times, but that's because she moved.

She also likes to play with it after bath time is over and playtime commences.

Sennheiser  HD 202 Dynamic Headphones (Old Version)
Sennheiser HD 202 Dynamic Headphones (Old Version)
Offered by NewTechpros
Price: $34.95
30 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars My first pair of "good" headphones., April 13, 2014
I bought this pair of headphones back in 2007 after having used primarily ear buds for a good portion of my life. I was in the iPod craze at the time, so I used nothing but Apple's primary buds that came with the iPod (I know, I know). The time finally came when I wanted to buy more decent headphones instead of shilling out more money every time Apple's crappy `phones broke. So I decided to buy a pair of higher quality ear buds from a different brand, and then keep a better set of headphones for home use. This review is for the latter.

At the time I bought this pair it was around $30. That may not seem like a lot of money for headphones, even by the standards back then, but it was a lot for a college kid like me. I wanted to get to headphones without busting into my savings, and this was the sure-fire bet.
Plus, at the time, I was more into trying different restaurants with friends than buying things to use for my own personal pleasure at home.

But I digress.

Right when I got this at my college mailroom I went to my dorm, got my iPod Video, and plunked down on my bed. With these I right away heard the difference.
I don't know all the terminology used by audiophiles, but I can say that I heard more clarity in my music. There were sounds I didn't hear before, especially from The Beatles, and overall the sound was more pure. Granted, my files at the time were in MP3 and whatever else Apple imposed, but I still could tell a difference.

After some years, I know there are better cans out there. My next purchase will be Audio-Technica's ATH-M50s, coiled, but for now I'm going to keep using these until they break. They've treated me well over the years, so I shouldn't abandon them.

That said, there are some things I wish they'd change, even if the price is pretty low. The comfort on these is okay, but my ears begin to ache after half an hour, which really isn't that long. Also, the cord is FAR too long. I get they're trying to make these as convenient as possible, but I felt they could've added an extension cable instead. The headphones came with this nice little plastic piece that wraps the cord up, but it does a terrible job of keeping it wrapped. The cord always comes loose.
Those are my only gripes.

Like I said, these headphones have treated me very well over the years. They're built well, and now I'm a Sennheiser fanatic for life. Sure, my next purchase for headphones will be an Audio-Technica, but after THAT I plan on purchasing solely Sennheisers. My budget for quality headphones will get only higher.

Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos
Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos
by Jim Starlin
Price: $19.81
56 used & new from $12.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., April 11, 2014
Y'know, I had no idea who Thanos was until I read this. I didn't know what an "Infinity Gauntlet" was, though I've heard of that, too. But what really drew me was Silver Surfer, who's one of my all-time favorite comic book characters.

Even for newcomers, this comic eases you in, though there are the occasional Marvel goofballs. Yet the serious tone Thanos carries with him overshadows any other theme, and I've grown to love the villain.

I wasn't too enthralled by him until he started his quest for the Infinity Gems. The first half of the book is Silver Surfer vs. Thanos, while the second half follows his quest to find the gems, then that carries over into the next volume of this story arc.

His mannerisms yearn to be mimicked, and his speech is revered. I feel his speech patterns changed a bit when the next volume began, but I'll have to make sure as I'm still reading that one.

Everything from Silver Surfer's comics is great.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures Volume 1
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures Volume 1
by Justin Eisinger
Price: $15.45
60 used & new from $2.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Like reading the `80s cartoon., April 11, 2014
I read this only this past year as catching up with TMNT comics. I admit it wasn't exactly as deep as the other comics, seeing as these are adaptations of the show meant for kids, but it was still thoroughly entertaining, even for adults.

I haven't watched the animated show in about a decade, when the DVD of the first season came out, but I remember it not aging well. I've been watching the new animated series by Nickelodeon, and I believe that one to be the best animated rendition of the four turtles yet.

The comic is such a fun read, and brings back many memories I had as a child. Recommended for the audience of all.

Kurt Adler TM6801L Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Raphael Nutcracker, 11-Inch
Kurt Adler TM6801L Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Raphael Nutcracker, 11-Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Nutty., April 9, 2014
I almost had forgotten I have this little decorative piece. Being a TMNT fan, as well as someone who likes to get into the spirit of Christmas, I purchased this long ago (I believe when it first was released) as a décor for my bedroom. It goes great with my Boba Fett snow globe.

Like any decorative nutcrackers, these are meant for display/decoration only and not for actually cracking nuts. Doing so only will break the piece.

That said, this one is extremely well done for a mass-produced nutcracker, though I don't think they make these anymore. It's nice and hefty and measures slightly less than 12 inches. The image for this Amazon listing makes it seem like Raph has a pink skirt on, but that's the lighting in the picture; trust me, it's red.
I've Googled for the other Turtle nutcrackers, but I think Kurt Adler made only Raph.

Now I want other nutcrackers, like the Darth Vader one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20