Profile for romevi > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2083

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

romevi RSS Feed (Chicago)
(VINE VOICE)

Price: $64.99
18 used & new from $23.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun little pedometer with great games., February 23, 2015
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Back when HeartGold and SoulSilver were announced I was super excited. Pokémon Gold is my favorite in the series and I had been hoping for years for a remake, at least ever since the Red and Green remakes were released.

So the games were announced but after that Nintendo announced these neat little gadgets that would pair with the games and the DS. I thought it was neat that they were shaped like Poke Balls and would go around with you as a pedometer.

Back when it released I used it extensively for the first few months. It was extremely easy to use for its time, and the battery lasted for years.
The games were terse and sweet, and effective for catching select Pokémon.

Over time its usefulness and novelty grew stale, but it still acted as an excellent pedometer. The screen is extremely crisp and the game works flawlessly with the accessory.

Munchkin Miracle 360 Sippy Cup, Pink/Orange, 10 Ounce, 2 Count
Munchkin Miracle 360 Sippy Cup, Pink/Orange, 10 Ounce, 2 Count
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cups with a weird way to wash., February 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter is two years old and has been using regular cups for a few months now. We keep an eye on her when she does, but when she drinks on her own and likes to wander around we let her take cups with lids. They're especially useful when carrying out and in the car.

We have quite a few but ordered these as well when we had the chance. Build quality they are very good. We have other Munchkin products and they're all very good quality.
Functionality is a different story, but these aren't too bad.

What makes these cups stand out is the lid. I've never seen a lid like this, but it doesn't mean it isn't common. We just don't own too many variations of Sippy cups.
The plastic piece screws on like any other lid, but there's a softer part on top that keeps the liquid from spilling out. When first I washed these I couldn't tell how they worked. They came in just a bag in the Amazon box so I had no clue how they worked. It's simple, however, once I got the hang of it: just drink as you normally would a cup, except you have to suck on it as well.

The ones we had worked only on certain angles, but it worked in the end. My daughter got the hang of it almost immediately, although she was confused only because of the way it looked as she never had seen cups as such.

Because it didn't come with any instructions or anything I can't--or rather haven't--removed the softer part from the plastic lid when I wash them. I don't know whether they're supposed to, but I didn't try placing too much force when pulling for fear of ripping them.
Thus, they may mold over time, but by then we'll probably have moved on from Sippy cups.

Sanyo Eneloop AAA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries 4 Pack (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by CONTINENTALSUPPLY
Price: $5.75
4 used & new from $5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Four years and still going., February 18, 2015
Have had the same AAA batteries for about four years now and the only reason I'm needing to get more is because I have more accessories which require AAA.

Having good rechargeable batteries is one thing, but having a good charger is just as important. I've had the same one since purchasing my first set of eneloops and it's running great. Keeps the batteries running at optimal health. I think the brand name is La Crosse.

GBA SP Gameboy Game boy Advance SP Earphone Adapter Black (allows you to use your standard earphone on GBA SP)
Offered by ebuymartusa
Price: $6.95
6 used & new from $3.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Necessary to use headphones on the SP., February 17, 2015
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Why they didn't include a headphone jack in the SP is beyond me. Considering it's now an older device, I can't ask. If you do want to use headphones, however, you are going to need either Nintendo's headphones (or any third-party SP headphones) or this little adapter to use any headphones you want.

The quality is fine, but it can range as there are a lot of knock-offs and third-party versions. The official Nintendo one looks like the one in this listing, and also has the "Nintendo" stamp on the part that plugs into the SP. The female jack is also gold-colored and doesn't protrude from the adapter at all.
The quality of the adapter can make all the difference, even if the SP isn't exactly stereo quality.

The first one I bought was a knock-off; I knew it was because it didn't have the "Nintendo" stamp, but it was close enough. The official ones are a little hard to come by nowadays, but they're not expensive once they do pop up.

The old one I had sometimes didn't align properly in the SP slot. I've since gotten the official one, and it fits just right without any wiggle.

DS Lite Dura-Case
DS Lite Dura-Case
Offered by Games For Less Online
Price: $14.99
6 used & new from $2.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement for my older case, but not exactly perfect., February 11, 2015
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: DS Lite Dura-Case (Video Game)
I had a case for my DS Lite from Kmart which I had purchased when I first got my handheld. That was back in 2007. It was perfect for me. It was a strongly tinted clear blue hard case that had two sections and a single tab in the front which released those flaps. The top portion held a few DS cartridges and an extra stylus, while the bottom held the handheld itself. The entire interior was insulated with a soft rubber-like material. It was perfect, except for one flaw.
That mentioned tab in the middle was pretty thin so after a couple of years it would break right down the middle, preventing the case from remaining shut, thus rendering the case's primary function (to keep the handheld safe inside) relatively dysfunctional.

I bought another of the same case right away, fearing they wouldn't make it anymore and convincing myself it was a fluke. Thankfully I found one of the last ones at my local Kmart but, again, a couple of years later the same issue happened.

So I finally caved in and looked on Amazon. The top-rated DS Lite case was the same one I found when I initially looked for cases. The main reason it didn't attract me was the big brand name on top and no middle flap to separate the top from the bottom. But I caved and ordered one, hoping this would be the last DS Lite case I ever order.

It's mostly the same as the previous cases I had. The outer shell seems to be made of the same material, as well as the interior insulation. I did notice that the inside produced a distinct smell when first I opened it, and the smell still lingers even after a few years.
The top holds DS cartridges, though I don't really carry around my games anymore since I restrict myself to one game when I'm on the go. Still, for those that carry games please note that only four of the six slots are used for DS cartridges. The other two, the ones in the middle, are used for SD cards. Why they did that is beyond me. Does the DSi carry SD cards? If so, I can't imagine people will be carrying more than one with them.

The bottom of the top holds a spare stylus in case you need it, which is where I put one of the two styli my DS came with.

The closing and opening button is a lot better than the previous cases', and I can tell I probably won't have to fear with it breaking. The "Intec" name on top is a real bummer, as I hate big brand names on my merchandise. I get it's their product and they made it, but something more subtle would've been nice.

InterDesign Orbz Bath Shower Tote, Medium, White
InterDesign Orbz Bath Shower Tote, Medium, White
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars What you see is what you get. Very stiff; good for having around the house., February 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We were going to use it to hold newspapers and magazines, but the day after we had taken it out it was filled instead with toys. My toddler daughter took it and used to transport her own goods.

It's smaller than I thought it was going to be, and very stiff, but considering it's now used mostly by my daughter to carry toys I don't mind much.

Nintendo Official Mini Elite Transporter Case for 3DS - Black
Nintendo Official Mini Elite Transporter Case for 3DS - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case that can be used for other handhelds., February 5, 2015
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I don't have the exact version in this listing. Rather, I found one at Target and it's made by Power A and is even titles Mini Transporter Case. But to be exact the one I found at Target was $9.99, blue (came in black and pink as well), and didn't have the full front and back compartments like this listing shows.
Rather, mine came with a simple flap to hold the 3DS XL as well as a thin zippered back compartment which unzips all the way (except for the bottom) to reveal slots for extra 3/DS games.
But that's not why I bought this case.

I needed a case for my Game Boy Color clone. Regular GBC cases didn't fit as the clone has slightly different dimensions. I prefer my clone over the standard GBC because of its excellent backlit screen (despite the aspect ration being *slightly* stretched).

I realized cases for the DS XL and 3DS XL are the perfect size so I walked out the closest store that had such cases: Target.

The case fits the clone (Kong Feng GB Boy Colour, if anyone was curious) perfectly, and, while I don't house cartridges in the back compartment, it can fit one or two snugly.

The loop on top is very sturdy, and the color is a beautiful brilliant blue.

Nintendo DSi Play Stand + Stylus
Nintendo DSi Play Stand + Stylus

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stand for my DS Lite., January 27, 2015
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I don't own a DSi so I was hesitant about getting this, but the box indeed does stated that it works with the Lite. In fact, there are clips that adjust to accommodate either model.

Out of the box it came adjusted to fit the DS Lite so I didn't have to mess with anything. There are instructions on how to adjust it, however, in case you need to.

The stand is a durable plastic, but I was surprised to find how light it was. Before it arrived I had no idea how it stayed in place, considering it's a stand. I found that it accomplishes this by having EXTREMELY durable rubber feet, which do not slide at all once they're placed on a flat surface.

The stand rotates by clicking in a swivel manner, as well as the stand itself rotating in degrees. There should be a comfortable angle for about anyone.

It comes with a larger stylus as well for a more comfortable experience since your hand will be slightly elevated to accommodate the stand.

Another excellent peripheral by Hori.

Edward Scissorhands Playing Cards
Edward Scissorhands Playing Cards

3.0 out of 5 stars Themed deck. Nothing more., January 21, 2015
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this because Edward Scissorhands is my favorite film. I enjoy differently themed cards, but this is one of the lower quality themes.
It's a standard plastic-coated paper deck with the same cover on all the cards. Nothing special. Get it if you love Edward Scissorhands, but don't expect the quality of the cards to last very long.

The Walking Dead Volume 22: A New Beginning
The Walking Dead Volume 22: A New Beginning
by Robert Kirkman
Price: $8.24
74 used & new from $4.24

4.0 out of 5 stars A fresh start., January 20, 2015
This review contains spoilers, but I'll preface such spoilers with an alert.

The last trade paperback left much to be desired. The Walking Dead has been going on many years now, and it was inevitable that at some point it would start to go stale, at least in some point in the narrative. This last story arc was its low point. I even told someone after I read the paperback that it would be a good idea to end the series soon.

But with this paperback I was wrong.

***SPOILERS ABOUND!***
This collection begins about two years after the events of the last trade. The colonies are now at peace--at least, until Kirkman allows them.

But for once we get to see humanity slightly thriving once again. Of course, there's always the lurking enemy in the background, but they don't pose a threat. At least not until you realize the zombies can learn. Or at least that's what I thought.

By the time we get a taste of what's really going on, I was disappointed slightly that it wasn't what I thought. It was thrilling enough, however, and I haven't felt that intense about a Walking Dead trade in a while.
***END SPOILERS***

I'm excited once again for this series. It was growing stale like the zombies in the story, but this new chapter in the saga gave it some new flesh.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20