Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation
Profile for romevi > Reviews

Browse

romevi's Profile

Customer Reviews: 939

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

romevi RSS Feed (Chicago)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
MagWorld Toys Rainbow Magnetic Construction Set (42 Piece)
MagWorld Toys Rainbow Magnetic Construction Set (42 Piece)
Price: $64.99
4 used & new from $64.99

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the daughter's favorite toys., May 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I personally never knew about these growing up, if they existed, but once I had my firstborn I've been seeing these more and more in toy stores (or maybe I've just been browsing toy stores more and more altogether). Initially I deemed them too much money for what they were and how many pieces came in a set. They're thin pieces of plastic with weak magnets. I'd imagine they should be a third of the price, but I'm no marketer.

That said, after having received a set for her birthday, my daughter plays with this very frequently, even a year later. When friends and family come to visit, this is one of the main hitters when they play with her. Nevertheless, we were always short a few pieces, so, when the opportunity arose to receive another set, of course I seized the opportunity!
Unfortunately, this new set didn't come with the pieces we needed most (the large base ones), but it does add a ton of pieces we easily can take advantage of. The colors are much more vibrant in this set (our previous one has a darker theme), but in low lighting you won't see that stark of a contrast. Plus, kids don't really care.
The newer pieces we have here are smaller triangles, which helps a ton in making small roofs, etc. We use a cookie sheet as our base, and I advise strongly to use one every time you play. Makes the experience and capability that much better.

All in all, these are great toys, even if I think they are way, way overpriced for what you get. They're constantly in play--even when I'm not home during the day, because I'm always cleaning them up at night when I get home!

Homework
Homework
Price: $6.99
157 used & new from $0.48

5.0 out of 5 stars First album. My favorite musicians on the planet., May 18, 2016
This review is from: Homework (Audio CD)
It was the mid-90s and my family had just finished up a day of fishing. We were driving home and a tune popped up on the radio. "Turn it up," I requested. It was the first time I asked something on the radio to be turned up, so I threw my family off. I loved the song instantly; it was the first song I loved that wasn't played around the house by my folks.
Not knowing the name of it (and I couldn't sing any lyrics since it didn't have any), I approached my uncle some time later and asked him who "sang" this song--and I proceeded to hum it for him. "Daft Punk," he answered. "The song is called 'Da Funk.'"

I saved up my allowance and bought my first CD. We had only one CD player in the household, so I recorded it to tape and played the living rhythm out of this album on my Walkman and boomboxes for next few years. The album (along with Garbage's 2.0) was part of my only collection until they released Discovery, and to this day I still play it when I have nothing else to play on the stream.

Almost all the songs are fantastic, though I'm sure that's nostalgia taking the reigns of my taste. Not sure what else to write as this isn't really a review and I don't think I can give a fairly unbiased one based on the impact it had on my musical tastes.

GolfBuddy Voice 2 Golf GPS/Rangefinder, White/Blue
GolfBuddy Voice 2 Golf GPS/Rangefinder, White/Blue
Price: Click here to see our price
9 used & new from $124.01

4.0 out of 5 stars More portable than my last., May 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
In my last review for the GolfBuddy CT2 device, I noted that I'm not a very avid golfer. I'm still not, but that doesn't mean I wasn't able to give this a thoroughly tested and detailed try.

The other I had was made to store in pockets, but that doesn't mean this one is any different. This one is about just as small, and easily fits into the caddy and pockets I used. Overall, working it was simpler as I used to the other. Just as the last one I reviewed, this was used about a couple of times, though I plan on using this one a few more times at the very least.

Nevertheless, it has about half the screen ratio compared to my other device, as this is meant to be worn around the body and supplemented as a watch of sorts. The menus are easily navigable with one hand (with only a couple of fingers necessary, at most), and all information is there with just a few presses.

I used with the same friend who helped me out last time, although this time I didn't need his help, especially since I had this on me at all times, so I had to force myself to use it and learn.

Bounty Paper Towels, Prints, 6 Big Rolls
Bounty Paper Towels, Prints, 6 Big Rolls
Price: $9.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine for general house use., May 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Been using these at work, so finally got some rolls at home. I like the way they're perforated, as I usually rip a sheet in half and use the other half later, thereby saving the rolls and making them last longer.
It's not as absorbent as other brands I've used, but it does an adequate job of cleaning around the sink and splash board after I wash dishes, cleaning up after the toddlers, and using as a dinner napkin.

The rolls are indeed thinner than other rolls we've had, so price-wise I don't think you're getting the best bang for your buck. That said, they are great multi-purpose towels to have around the house.

Ubbi 3-in-1 Potty or Toilet Trainer and Step Stool, Gray
Ubbi 3-in-1 Potty or Toilet Trainer and Step Stool, Gray
Price: $39.98
6 used & new from $39.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest potty seat., May 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was really excited to try this potty seat with my daughter as it includes an actual potty seat, a seat reducer that you place on the actual toilet, and a stand.

My daughter has been resistant to sitting on the “big potty” so the seat reducer really helped her adjust nicely. It fits well to our toilet and fits securely. She isn’t scared to sit on the toilet when it’s on.

The stool is great. Our bathroom is a bit small so this is a relatively big stool for our small bathroom, but it does the job. My daughter cannot yet reach the sink to wash her hands without the use of a stool. The fact that this stool is part of the potty is really neat. It is sturdy enough where my daughter loves to stand on it.

The actual potty seat, however, is a bit of a mess. It’s not exactly stable which means that my daughter won’t sit on it. It has also tipped over on occasion when my daughter stands up which creates a huge mess! I’m be interested to see how this seat works with older potty-trainees (3 years and older). I think it would be better for the older kids since they may be more able to adjust themselves on the somewhat unstable potty.

I would recommend the seat reducer and the stool, but not the actual potty seat.

Breeze 9 oz. Glass Bottle, 1-Pack
Breeze 9 oz. Glass Bottle, 1-Pack
Price: $18.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Good glass bottle., May 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is one of those things where you know exactly what you're getting just by looking at the first picture. There's not much else, other than it's a very comfortable and sleek glass bottle. It's sturdy and has a very flat bottle. Obviously, because it's glass, it cleans easily.
The last glass bottles I used were on my baby sister many, many years ago. Now that I have a child of my own, we're trying different bottles. What I remember from my kid sister's days was that the measurements were part of the glass. Unfortunately, this bottle has them printed, so I can imagine they may wear with time.
The flow is fine, however. Ours came with a size 2 and we've had no issue. I think it's a bit pricey for a glass bottle, but that's my opinion.

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fast Flow Nipples, 2 Count
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fast Flow Nipples, 2 Count
Price: $5.99
16 used & new from $5.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Nipples with a faster flow., April 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With our first daughter we used primarily Avent bottles. We recently were able to try the Tommee Tippee bottles through the Amazon Vine program and loved them. I was excited when we were able to try these faster flow nipples alongside the bottles as our little one got bigger. The flow is fairly fast with these nipples, hence the “fast flow” in the product description. I would recommend these nipples for older babies – at least 6-8 months of age. My baby didn’t experience any gas or trouble with these nipples when we used them. Overall, they’re comparable to the Avent nipples.

HP PageWide Pro 577dw Color All-in-One Printer (D3Q21A)
HP PageWide Pro 577dw Color All-in-One Printer (D3Q21A)
Offered by OneDealOutlet Online
Price: $875.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Super fast printer. A few hiccups, but overall very, very pleased., April 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The installation process was extremely easy. The touch screen guides you through the process step by step. It starts with a series of questions (date, time, etc). It then prompts you to install the ink cartridges that come with the printer. This is a great deal as these ink cartridges can cost a pretty penny. The cartridge installation takes approximately twenty minutes. While it is installing, you can complete the remaining steps. It then prompts you to place paper in the paper tray. You will need to place paper in the paper tray in order to complete the installation process, so make sure you have some handy.
I did notice that it didn't ask me to calibrate the color settings, etc., as my previous printers did, but there are options to do so once all the initializing has completed.

You are able to install the printer app on your smartphone in order to access information regarding the printer (printing, scanning, capture document, look at printer settings). By the time we arrived at this step, the installation process was about half-way done. We needed to wait another ten minutes or so until we could install the printer on our computers using the CDs that came with the printer, although I'm sure you can download the latest software from HP's website.
We downloaded the software on all our devices, and did our first printing from a phone--coupons. The image came out blurry, though I'm not sure if that's because it was the first print or because it was from a phone. The fine print on the coupon was unreadable, whereas it's easily readable from our previous printers (that cost a third of this!).

That said, we waited a while and did some additional printing from out computer, and the images came out as clear as crystal.
However, we did have some issues with printing from Safari and Chrome; Firefox printed without issue, so I'm not sure what the disconnect is here. May follow up once I've figured it out.

We are using this printer for personal use at home. We will mostly use it for small work projects, school assignments, and, mostly, coupon printing. It is a bit on the bigger side for a personal-use printer, but it is extremely user friendly and efficient. The ink cartridges are expected to last a while which makes their price fairly reasonable, compared to other printers. The look of the printer is extremely sleek and sophisticated. I was worried about the white as most of our previous printers had a glossy finish, but I was extremely pleased when it came and I saw the finish is a nice, textured matte finish. This way any dust and whatnot won't show as easily.

So far we like it, despite the minor gripes mentioned above. We did all the calibrating available, and the prints are super fast. The ink comes out a bit heavy on plain office paper, though there are settings to set the density. (Husband note: I plan on printing custom home video covers, so I'll be ordering special paper for that; I expect the print quality will be better.)

SUPER WHY!
SUPER WHY!
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter enjoys the game., April 20, 2016
This review is from: SUPER WHY! (App)
Downloaded it as it was offered free and one of the apps I thought was appropriate for my daughter's age range. Plus, she was familiar with the show, as she was with Daniel the Tiger (that app was downloaded as well).

The app is very kid friendly, the games are age appropriate (started at 3, continued into 4), and the menus, most importantly, are easy to navigate.

Ester-C Vitamin C, Immune Charge, 60 Quick Dissolve Tablets
Ester-C Vitamin C, Immune Charge, 60 Quick Dissolve Tablets
Price: $6.50
6 used & new from $6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, April 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Been out of vitamin C for quite some time, so I actually was a bit excited when I received this.
The first thing I noticed was how quickly it dissolved. In fact, it dissolved a little too quickly! I didn't realize I still had some water left on my hands from just washing them, so when I tipped the bottle and spilled a couple of tablets, I noticed right away then turned a deep orange from the touched spots and the one really soaked started to melt. "That's the one I'll try first," I thought to myself.

All in all, throughout my day I noticed the same effects with my previous vitamin C: a little more alert, a little more energetic, and a little more healthy ("healthier"). It's vitamin C no matter how you take it, but each tablet has 50% of a daily value and each tablet dissolves within seconds, making it easy to consume if you have trouble with hard pills.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20