ARRAY(0x95777a38)

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. A. Hovanec RSS Feed (Port Richey FL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Godfather Collection (The Coppola Restoration) [Blu-ray]
The Godfather Collection (The Coppola Restoration) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Marlon Brando
Offered by Expedited Warehouse
Price: $26.99
158 used & new from $15.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, March 9, 2014
My wife is a "Godfather Series" fan...Got them as a gift for her, and was surprised by the good quality....Of course you can see these on your widescreed, but don't be surprised to find big chunks taken out because of the violence and language.(on normal channels that is).

For people that say "it doesn't look like blu-ray, or the videos don't look "perfect", you ahve to understand when these films were made...Back then, there was technology that we would consider "stone age" today....In fact, I am surprised that they came out as godd as they did....More than satisfied.

Bluecell 5 Pairs 2" (50mm) Quality Replacement Foam Pad Earpad Cover Cushion for Sennheiser PX100 Sony MDR-G57 Headphones
Offered by Little Mouse
Price: $1.60
6 used & new from $1.60

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I needed, March 9, 2014
fit perfectly and feels like a good quality foam..Cost effective also...very satisfied.....At the price for 5 pair, they can't be beat

7MM Tungsten Carbide Men's Polished Plain Dome Wedding Band Ring Size 7-15
7MM Tungsten Carbide Men's Polished Plain Dome Wedding Band Ring Size 7-15
Offered by Metal Factory
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars serves the purpose, March 4, 2014
I like the ring...Its does have a grayish tint, but that makes it look like a man's ring.....I have to admit that it is heavier than it looks, and with a size 13, you can notice that you are wearing it.

Now to put things into perspective, I wanted a ring that could take abuse in the gym, and also not have to worry about it "bending", or getting out of shape from rough use....Hey, its under $20 for goodness sake, and I could buy 30 more for what I paid for my wife's wedding band...

The idea is that the wedding ring is suppose to represent a "status", not be a piece of jewelry....And if I break it, I'll just get another for $20.....

Any guy that is looking for scratches on his wedding ring has a lot of free time on his hands....

Anker® Multi-function 90W Universal AC Charger for Most Laptops; Compatible for Dell 14R 15R 17R 1501 1520 1525 1545 1720 6000 6400 E1505 E6400 Inspiron Latitude XPS Vostro; HP/Compaq 510 DM1 DM4 DV2000 DV4 DV4000 DV5 DV6 DV6000 DV6T G4 G6 G60 G62 G7 G72 Pavilion Presario Series; Sony Vaio VGN Series; Lenovo/IBM Thinkpad IdeaPad; Acer Aspire Series; Toshiba Satellite Mini Notebooks; Gateway Asus Samsung Liteon NEC Fujitsu and More [11 Tips / Auto Switch Current / 18-Month Warranty]

5.0 out of 5 stars nice and handy, February 5, 2014
I have a dozen of different electronic "gadgets" that require plug in chargers...... And of course, over the years the "charger" or the "plug" goes bad....It is really handy to have this multi charger to fit all my units...
It should be noted that the plugs have a little "give" when pushed into the device, but they get the job done, and it doesn't effect the charging.
Very satisfied overall.
However, it should be noted that you have to make sure that your device falls within the wattage and voltage of this charger....Electronic equipment can get a little fussy if the charger voltage is LESS than the unit requires, even by a couple of tenths of a volt.

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Autofocus Camera Lens (Import) for Canon Digital SLR Cameras + 10pc Bundle Deluxe Accessory Kit
Offered by Hot Deals Electronics
Price: $124.95
2 used & new from $119.95

5.0 out of 5 stars nice package, September 25, 2013
Received the items in a timely manner, and in all honesty, I was impressed.....Everything in the package seemed to be good quality, and I needed most of the items.

But the thing I loved most was the 50mm lens....It takes crystal clear photos, and even when I blow them up, you can see the distinct lines of the image.....The few photos enclosed were 1/60 and a few different f stops (auto setting).....As you can see, the depth of field was fantastic......

Great buy.

NEW Li-ion Laptop Battery for IBM 08k819 08K8197-TM Thinkpad R51 R52 T43
NEW Li-ion Laptop Battery for IBM 08k819 08K8197-TM Thinkpad R51 R52 T43
Offered by OptimumSolution
Price: $21.36
3 used & new from $21.30

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the price, September 25, 2013
The first one I got was DOA....Put it in my R51 Thinkpad and it was dead......The Thinkpad couldn't charge it, and it didn't recognize it at all.

Emailed the seller about the problem and was told that it must have just been a "bad" unit.....While inspecting the battery, it appeared to be new, and was manufactured in 2013.

I then sent the bad one back and I was immediately sent a replacement that is working great.

Although I did have to pay the postage to return the item, the seller gave immediate attention to the problem....Therefore I gave it a five star rating...

Dead On DO-600 Death Grip Work Suspenders for Dead-Ons Ballistic Framers Rigs DO-FRXL DO-FRL DO-FRM
Price: $10.99
10 used & new from $6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars remember that these are WORK suspenders, July 11, 2013
Saw these suspenders and thought they really looked great...BUT, there are things that you have to be aware of.

1. These suspenders are best suited for use with a tool belt...Since the "front" straps have no "give", they are "designed" for use with a heavy tool belt...They work fine with jeans or whatever, but you have to be aware that they don't have an elastic stretch, and if you have to take your jeans off you might have to undue the hooks to get enough "slack".

2. As with most suspenders you buy, these are not intended for a guy with a "gut"....Since they don't stretch, what you have in length, you have in lenght- NO MORE....I am 6ft 1 in, with a flat waist, and they fit with about an "inch" ajustment to spare...If I had a beer gut, I would be wearing my pants/work belt around my arm pits....

3. They look fantastic with a set of jeans and work shirt...I don't use them with a work belt, and had no intention of doing so when I bought them.

4. These suspenders are made well and have heavy duty snaps......And the best part is that they are priced well, and look pretty cool.

5. Would definitely buy again.

Key Finder by "Where's the Remote?" LLC Wireless RF Transmitter & Receivers, Remote Locator, Wallet, Pet, Cell phone
Offered by Where's the Remote?
Price: $28.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Does as advertised :, June 21, 2013
Lets get something straight from the start.....Nothing made today, and I mean NOTHING, is made to last forever, or take any abuse for that matter....I am a big guy and an avid gym rat (even at 67 yrs old)....I have broken rake handles, twisted off door knobs, snaped broom handles, etc.
The point being, is that everything you buy today, especially electronics, has to be used with care....You can't pry the back off with a screwdriver, rip the piece of plastic behind the battery, and then shove the battery back in like its the clip in a rifle....You WILL break something in there.

Received the product, well packaged, and promptly.....The plastic covering the product was open (I would imagine to put the two extra batteries into it)
Removed the individual receivers and and transmitters....CAREFULLY removed the back of the transmitter and removed the plastic strip that keeps the battery from coming into contact with electrode and then carefully reinstalled it.....

Took the back off one of the receivers and removed the plastic insert covering the bottom of the circular battery (you can't see this plastic insert until you actually remove the battery), reinserted the battery and got 2 beeps (instructions say 4 or 5, but I only got 2 or 3 on all of them), and I then hit the corresponding color on the tramsmitter...A few seconds later the receiver beeped twice....remember the unit isn't an IMMEDIATE push and tone application

It appears that each receiver has its "own" specific beep, or should I say, series of beeps.......So at first you might get the impression that they aren't working correctly, or that the beeping isn't consistent.

The loudness was more than adequate, and I have poor hearing....I could hear the beeping on my set of keys two rooms away with the TV blasting....even with the keys stuffed under a cushion, or underneath a newspaper...Just remember that delay time when you push the color button.

Now in all fairness, these are expensive, but you get 4 receivers and a seller that seems to be 100% behind her product....Contact her if there is a problem with your unit....

And to put things in perspective, I purchased this product because my keys to my Eclipse got misplaced....Spent a long time trying to find them and literally tore the house apart before I did... Had only one set... Mitsubishi wanted $275 for a replacement...AND it had to be towed to the dealership.....
Plus, when you are a slob like ME, god only knows where I leave things....(I do find my things eventually, but it may be a month or so. lol)

In conclusion, if it lasts a year, it is worth every penny.....And I have three other receivers to play with....and they are portable so you can use them on multiple items.

Just don't give them to your Rottweiler to play with.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2013 6:48 PM PDT

Purenex 5M-4PK 5-Micron Sediment Water Filter Cartridge, 4-Pack
Purenex 5M-4PK 5-Micron Sediment Water Filter Cartridge, 4-Pack
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars of course it clogs, its working, June 13, 2013
Got the filters, and found them wrapped in a packaged of four, and then found each one individually wrapped....Its exactly the same size as my other filters (have a couple of different brands), and had no problem installing them.

My old filters were 30 micron, and they lasted about four months before they got really dirty....I'm sure that these won't last nearly as long because they are rated at 5 micron....The point being, that if you really have "dirty" water (which I don't), this may not be the filter for you....

The main advantage for me is that I have .5 micron filters in both my refrigs, and drinking water spout.....These .5 micron filters were expensive, and the 5 micron filter coming from my main water line makes them last longer.

For a few bucks apiece, these filters can't be beat.

Heck, you can even put circular groves in these filters to give them more surface area if you like.

AICRO In Line Water Filter with Activated Carbon
AICRO In Line Water Filter with Activated Carbon
Offered by Crystal Clear Supply, Inc.
Price: $15.69

3.0 out of 5 stars looked a little beat up., June 12, 2013
Lets face it....you purchase a water filter, and you take the vendors word for its performance....In most cases, you really don't know if its working great, fair , or poorly.
Received mine today, and the first thing I noticed was that it wasn't wrapped in any protective plastic, wasn't in a box, and in addition to that, one of the connection plugs was missing (and no, it wasn't in the bag)....The next thing I noticed was that because it wasn't wrapped, and it was probably laying around somewhere, it looked like it came from the bottom of my tool box...scratched, dirty, and a little beat up...And it was rated at 1500 gallons and not 2500 gallons. (and that is GOOD, because I don't intend to use it that long).
The only positive part of it all was that it didn't LOOK like it has been used, but from appearance sake, who knows.
Would I purchase it again from this vendor?....NO.
And to add insult to injury, I found it a few dollars cheaper on another site.

PS To be fair, I connected it 30 minutes after I wrote this review, and it did spurt a good amount of charcoal when I turned on the water....So in all fairness to the vendor, it appears that it was in fact new....But the way it was packaged had something to be desired.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2013 5:57 PM PST