Profile for Joseph J. Truncale > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 989

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joseph J. Truncale "warriorwriter" RSS Feed (Vernon Hills, Il)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kellogg's Fun Pack Cereal, 8 Count
Kellogg's Fun Pack Cereal, 8 Count
Offered by 2Morrow Innovations
Price: $8.95
14 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like variety in your morning cereal or even as a snack, you should check out this Killogg's Fun Pack., November 22, 2014
Many people begin their day with a bowl of cereal and milk. A few times a week I also like to eat cereal and I recently purchased this Kellogg’s Fun Pak because I like a variety of cereals. This package item has 8 individual cereal boxes which include the following: 2 boxes of Froot Loops, 2 boxes of Frosted Flakes, 1 box of Corn Pops, 2 boxes of Cocoa Krispies, and 1 box of Apple Jacks.

You should be aware that Kellogg’s Fun Paks may also come with other selections.

Even though this is not the most cost efficient cereal product to buy; nevertheless, there is a plus side in that you always have a different choice and these small boxes can be carried with you for a snack or with milk.

Rating: 5 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: The Samurai Soul: An old warrior’s poetic tribute).

Longarm Giant 16: Longarm and the Lusty Lady
Longarm Giant 16: Longarm and the Lusty Lady
by Tabor Evans
45 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars If you are a fan of the Longarm adult western series you may want to check out this book., November 21, 2014
I have been a fan of the Longarm series for many years and I have read and wrote reviews of numerous Longarm novels. This one (Longarm and the Lusty Lady) is the 16th giant novel series. I found this book to be a fairly good read and the writing was also easy to follow. However, I will have to admit that this story had more dialogue than actual western action in it. At times it seemed to go on and on which was somewhat boring.

Like all Longarm tales this one had some action scenes which of course included shoot-outs and lusty love making, but the story plot was only fair at best. The story begins with Longarm arguing with his boss Marshal Billy Vail about being assigned to work with another Deputy Marshal who is somewhat new on the job. He of course takes on the assignment and the story moves to Laredo, Texas where it appears Mexican cattle is coming across the border without proper inspection procedures.

I never give away too much when reviewing a novel because it spoils it for the reader. If you are a Longarm fan you might want to check out this book. An okay read.

Rating: 4 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: Martial Art Myths).

Lipton Brisk Iced Tea with Lemon 12oz Cans (Pack of 24)
Lipton Brisk Iced Tea with Lemon 12oz Cans (Pack of 24)
Offered by Online Grocery Outlet
Price: $17.79
4 used & new from $12.40

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing and delicious Iced Tea product I recommend to anyone who loves Iced Tea., November 20, 2014
I have never been a big soda pop drinker and usually prefer iced tea. When I saw the 24 cans 12 oz. diet Lipton Brisk Iced Tea sale I immediately purchased it. I now drink this product more than any other beverage. My only complaint is that I wish they would also come out with a diet green iced tea product, which would be healthier.

If you love iced tea you should try this delicious product.

Rating: 5 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: Haiku Moments: How to read, write and enjoy haiku).

Tripwire (Jack Reacher)
Tripwire (Jack Reacher)
by Lee Child
Price: $8.38
161 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars If you are into the Jack Reacher novels you should check out "Tripwire." A good read., November 19, 2014
I have read quite a few Jack Reacher novels this year; however, as a Jack Reacher fan I decided to attempt to read each of Lee Child’s novels in the order they were published. I have just finished “Tripwire” and found it to be exciting and interesting.
One of the things I do not understand is why Jack Reacher lied in the beginning about his identity, especially after detective Costello told him why he was looking for Jack. After Costello is brutally murdered Jack Reacher feels he was responsible for not being more honest with the private detective. As it turns out two thugs come to the strip club where Jack worked as a bouncer/doorman looking for him. Jack also lied to them about his identity, which in this case was smart because they would have also killed him. Now Jack begins his search for a Mrs. Jacob, who is the person who hired detective Costello to find Jack.

As with all Lee Child’s Jack Reacher novels there are numerous twists and turns with numerous vicious bad guys who are trying to kill him. I never give away too much when reviewing novels because it spoils it for the reader. If you are a Jack Reacher fan you should check out this book. My only complaint is the length of Lee Child's novels. Always way too long and drawn out.

Rating: 4 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: Martial Art Myths).

V for Vendetta / Watchmen (DVD) (DBFE)
V for Vendetta / Watchmen (DVD) (DBFE)
Price: $4.99
45 used & new from $2.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Two interesting and intertaining movies for a bargain price on DVD that you should check out., November 18, 2014
I had seen both of these movies in a theater and when I saw this “Double Feature Warner Brothers DVD of V for Vendetta and Watchmen for a bargain price I immediately purchased it. There are two separate disks in this collection. V for Vendetta is 132 minutes long and the Watchmen is 162 minutes long.

V for Vendetta stars Natalie Portman is plays Evey and Hugo Weaving plays the revolutionary V. The DVD is based upon a graphic novel and tells the story of a country taken over by a fascist party who, like all collectivist groups (Socialist, Communist, Social Democratic/Nazis/Fascists), has turned into a vicious police state. V is a freedom fighter who attempts to start a revolution against the fascists. An interesting movie.

The Watchmen is based about a D.C. comics/graphic novel about a special group of super heroes. There is someone killing the crime fighting super heroes as the story moves along telling bout the inner personality conflicts of each of these heroes. In this respect the story is a little complex, but still fascinating. The special effects alone make this a unique must see DVD.

If you are into the graphic novels or you enjoyed seeing V for Vendetta and the Watchmen at the theater, you will also like this two feature DVD.

Mindful
Mindful
Price: $29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting and informative magazine on combining the mind, body and spirit., November 17, 2014
This review is from: Mindful (Magazine)
I have always believed that to live a full and complete life one must feed the mind, body and sprit together. This (Mindful: taking time for what matters)magazine is put out by Shambhala and like all their material, they take an esoteric approach to living a full and complete life. For those who are into Yoga, Tai Chi, GI Gong, Meditation, Zen and other mystical practices will really like this magazine.

I found this magazine to have many thought provoking articles and the writing does not insult your intelligence. Even though I am more of a scientific minded person I also think there are some valid benefits in the practice of Tai Chi and Zen which this magazine also promotes. This December 2014 issue has articles on how to achieve peace of mind, tips for better relationships, how to tame constant craving and other interesting articles.

If you are into the body, mind and spirit you should check out this magazine. I like it.

Rating: 4 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: Haiku Moments: How to read, write and enjoy haiku).

The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, Volume 1: Frontier Stories
The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, Volume 1: Frontier Stories
by Louis L'Amour
Price: $21.28
262 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic collection of western short stories fans of Louis L'Amour will love., November 17, 2014
For many years I have loved reading western novels for recreation. Over the years I have also read several novels by the legendary Louis L’Amour. When I saw this fantastic book (The Collected Short Stories of Louis L’Amour: The frontier stories Volume one) on Amazon for a fantastic price I immediately bought it.

This wonderful 424 page text has 35 western short stories that were a pure joy to read. It does not matter which order you read these tales because each one is interesting and exciting. Personally, I always like to begin all my books from the first page or story to the end without skipping around.

Some of the short stories in this collection include the following: The gift of Cochise, That man from the bitter sands, Desperate men, Dutchman’s flat, Trap of gold, The lonesome Gods, One night stand, Marshal of canyon gap, A husband for Janey, Booty for a badman, The one for the Mohave kid, War party, The strong shall live, Get out of town and many other wonderful western tales.

If you are a fan of great western stories by the master of this genre, Louis L’Amour, you will love this collection of short stories.

Lance: Peanut Bar (3 Boxes)
Lance: Peanut Bar (3 Boxes)
Offered by EXYL Store
Price: $22.00
3 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars If you are a peanut lover you should check out this product., November 16, 2014
I have been a peanut lover all my life and I have purchased numerous peanut products over the years. I recently picked up three boxes of LANCE PEANUT BAR (6 bars to a pack) because they always seem to run out of them at the stores in my area.

These bars have just the right amount of salt and sugar to make them delicious. The only downside seems to be their high calorie count (340) in each 2.2 ounce bar. The carbs are also a little high at 29 grams. Nevertheless, like any treat, if eaten in moderation there is no problem.

In conclusion, if you love a peanut bar that is delicious you may want to check out the Lance Peanut Bar. I like them and will buy them again when I run out.

Rating: 4 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: The Samurai Soul: An old warrior’s poetic tribute).

Die Trying  (Jack Reacher)
Die Trying (Jack Reacher)
by Lee Child
Price: $6.94
173 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are a Jack Reacher fan you should check out Die Trying. A good read., November 15, 2014
I have been a fan of the Jack Reacher novels for over a year and I love the way the author, Lee Child, weaves the story in such a way that keeps you turning the pages. This 422 page novel, “Die Trying” begins on the streets of Chicago. Jack is minding his own business when he sees a woman with a cane who is also carrying clothes from the cleaners. She has obviously has a bad leg and before she looks like she is going to fall, Reacher grabs her cane and clothes. All of a sudden three men grab them both and kidnap them.

I never like to give away too much information and spoil the story for the reader; however, it turns out this woman is an F.B.I. agent who eventually trusts Jack after spending hours being handcuffed together. This is a story about some far right fanatics who like all collectivists (These include Nazi Democratic Socialists, Communists, far left and far right politicians etc.) are dictators in disguise. Like all fanatics, the leader controls his group with an iron fist.

The story moves along quickly as we discover this lunatic military group has a mole in the F.B.I which puts Reacher and all the other good guys in danger. If you are a Jack Reacher fan you should check out this book. I really have only one complaint about these novels. All the Lee Child, Jack Reacher novels are way too long. How about writing some shorter Jack Reacher novels?

Rating: 5 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: Martial Art Myths).

Skyfall
Skyfall
DVD ~ Daniel Craig
Price: $2.99
28 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best of all the James Bond movies ever made. I loved it., November 14, 2014
This review is from: Skyfall (DVD)
I have been an enthusiastic fan of the James Bond series since Sean Connery came on the scene in Dr. No. I liked all the actors playing James Bond with the exception of one (Roger Moore) who I thought did not really fit the character of 007. This DVD (Skyfall) is the 23rd movie in this series and stars Daniel Craig as James Bond and Judy Dench as “M.”

I loved this movie and think it is one of the best James Bond adventures ever made. Daniel Craig has that hard look and physical skills to make the James Bond character come alive. The amazing actress Judy Dench is also great in the role of “M.” Like all Bond movies this one if filled with plenty of the kind of action we have grown to love in a 007 film.

Even though I have seen this movie in a theater I also purchased this DVD at a bargain price and immediately purchased it. I loved seeing it again on DVD and think it is one of best of the James Bond Movies. If you are a James Bond fan you may want to check out “Skyfall” because you can probably pick it up for a reasonable price.

Rating: 5 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: Predator Hunter: A warrior’s memoir).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20