Profile for Gary > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gary "Music Man" RSS Feed (Dallas, Texas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Ipow Extendable Self-portrait Wireless Bluetooth Remote Camera Shooting Shutter Monopod Selfie Handheld Stick Pole with Mount Holder Specially Designed for Iphone 6 5s 5c 5 4s 4 Samsung Galaxy Mobile Cell Phone,black
Offered by Ipow Official
Price: $18.99
7 used & new from $18.75

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife and I both enjoyed these on vacation with our Galaxy S5 and Galaxy ..., September 23, 2014
My wife and I both enjoyed these on vacation with our Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 3 phones. Literally allowed us to video and take pics above the crowd. Also, selfies were great. For pictures, you can use the switch on the handle to click shutter at will. For videos, you must touch screen to start video recording; then use handle switch to stop recording. There is a learning curve, but after a bit we learned how to use. The selfies come out fantastic -- can't tell a third party was not taking your pictures. The switch on the handle requires enough pressure to stop recording video so that it was difficult to hold steady while doing so, and that is the only slight negative I remember. Having brought along a 3 foot power strip with 6 receptacles was handy because our two phones and the two poles needed recharging at night in hotels. Also, handy for limited power outlets at airports. The poles held their power good and we only had to charge them at night to use them the entire following day. We would never go on vacation without these products to help us take some great pics and videos.

The Itinerary of a Breakfast (Cosimo Classics Health)
The Itinerary of a Breakfast (Cosimo Classics Health)
by John Harvey Kellogg
Price: $9.49
26 used & new from $9.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Reprint of a book over 70 years old., April 30, 2014
Long dead, the author, Kellogg, wrote this book in the 1920s and the seller has simply reprinted it and listed the seller's reprint date, leaving the impression that the book is more recent. The original copyright on this book ran out years ago, and one can get the entire text free online. This way of selling books is not something I agree with because the seller does not list the original publication date. My one star is because of the seller's methods.

Phil Collins: Going Back - Live at the Roseland Ballroom NYC [Blu-ray]
Phil Collins: Going Back - Live at the Roseland Ballroom NYC [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Phil Collins
Price: $13.39
34 used & new from $8.06

1.0 out of 5 stars PHIL IS NO SOUL SINGER, AND IT SHOWS, February 26, 2014
Phil tried to carry it all as the only lead singer and that was a mistake. He is not a soul singer and it shows. The backup singers and instrumentation was good accompaniment to a performance that fell flat, song-after-song. It was a good idea that did not work. This Blu Ray disc will only collect dust in my collection.

J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Classic 8-inch Chef's Knife
J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Classic 8-inch Chef's Knife
Offered by CutleryAndBeyond
Price: $54.95
13 used & new from $49.43

2.0 out of 5 stars Lifetime Warranty Not Honored, January 4, 2014
I purchased this Henckels knife over thirty years ago and here is what happened when I contacted Henckels to see if their warranty would cover the wooden handle which had rotted over time. I talked to a woman about the handle and she said I would need to ship it to them at my expense so they could see it and make a decision. I shipped it to them and they returned the knife without repair or replacement. Henckels stated the reason was because the handle was not covered under the warranty. This left me very angry because (1) I initially discussed the handle problem over the phone with them and they could have told me then about the handle not being covered, (2) to have me ship the knife to them and return it with no warranty coverage was a surprise because I don't see anything in their advertising that says knife handles not covered. This is why I give the knife only 2 stars. I shall never purchase another Henckels product, on principle alone. With all the above said, my knife is an old carbon steel henckels knife that takes and keeps an edge like none of the modern stainless knives. It is my favorite of all time and I truly love the knife. I recently spent my own hard-earned money to replace the handle, which was a custom job. Based on my experience, I would say that Henckels knives may be good products, but Henckels lifetime knife warranty does not cover the handle. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

GMYLE® Black 360 Degree Rotating PU leather Folio Stand Case Cover for tablet Galaxy Tab 1 2 10.1" P7510 P5100 With Vertical and Horizontal Multi Angle Stand
Offered by gigacity_amn
Price: $11.98
2 used & new from $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars GMYLE COMPANY HAS NARROW SUPPORT OPTIONS, October 1, 2013
I thought that if I order my Samsung Tab 2 case from GMYLE instead of through Amazon, I have a better chance of getting the correct size. WRONG. I did order from the GMYLE Web site. In the comments part of my order I specifically requested that they check the size of the case for my Tab 2 before filling the order. They ignored my instructions and sent me the wrong smaller size. After reading the comments on Amazon, it seems that this company cannot get the size thing correct for the Tab 2. Also, in attempting to communicate with GMYLE, the only support is through email. They respond okay when they get around to it, but response time will be measured in days. Anyway, I have returned the product to GMYLE for a refund, still pending. I then ordered (through Amazon this time) the GALAXY Tab 2 10.1 Leather Folio Case with 360 Degrees Rotary Stand for Samsung GALAXY Tab2 10.1 inch By GSAstore, sold by GSAStore. It will be delivered soon, and I will review it later. The GMYLE product looked good before I shipped it back, but since it was the wrong size and the whole thing was such a hassle for me, I gave it only one star here. Sorry GMYLE, but you need to get some support on your Web site, answer you phone (I tried for two days, and only got a message telling me that the voice mail box was full.) Oh, by the way, the GMYLE product I wanted is not sold in stores, according to my email communications with them.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars INSTALLS EASILY, IF YOU READ INSTRUCTIONS PATIENTLY, October 1, 2013
This tailgate lock installs easily, but you must be patient. Having never taken apart my tailgate, I had to slowly lay out the parts, carefully read the instructions and not be in a hurry. I am quite mechanically inclined and confident in what I do. Even so, I had to study the parts, read, and methodically install it. The instructions are well written. To understand, you must identify each labeled part in the instructions to know what goes where. For my 2006 Ford Ranger, I needed a torx wrench, socket wrench and screw driver. All parts fit well and no custom work was required. I gave it five stars because everything was there, fit well, with no problems.

Floating Gold: A Natural (and Unnatural) History of Ambergris
Floating Gold: A Natural (and Unnatural) History of Ambergris
by Christopher Kemp
Price: $17.50
60 used & new from $8.77

5.0 out of 5 stars The author's creative descriptions an unexpected bonus, August 18, 2013
A most interesting and thorough treatise on a something that few even knew existed. Who would think an interesting nonfiction book would yield such poetic and beautiful descriptions of people, places and things. I was taken away by Christopher Kemp's breath-taking ability to write. Some excerpts read more like fine art than just an interesting nonfiction book. I was surprised as how I became caught up in the beauty of the descriptive writing as much as the information contained therein.

Zeroll 1010 Original Ice Cream Scoop, 4 Ounce
Zeroll 1010 Original Ice Cream Scoop, 4 Ounce
Offered by The Chefs Collection
Price: $18.44
6 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a scoop that I won't have to replace., August 18, 2013
After breaking several from retail stores, I finally found a scoop that is a horse, a road hog! The heat transfer feature works, and this scoop is the best.

History of the Eagles [Blu-ray]
History of the Eagles [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Eagles
Offered by Expedited Warehouse
Price: $24.60
29 used & new from $18.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful mix of music and story-telling., August 18, 2013
Have you ever gone to a movie that was so good you lost track of time until the lights came on? -- same here with all three discs. First out of the package, the 1977 concert -- they were young and fabulous. Then Part One and Part Two discs carefully mix story and music to keep my emotions on edge while I learn how the Eagles evolved. Beautifully packaged in a three-panel fold-out, including an 8-page booklet with seven pictures, and five more pictures on the back of the package. As was stated several times by the Eagles themselves, it is all about the music, and you get a continuous stream of it on all three discs. There is nothing left out of this package for me, except the Eagles Farewell I Tour Live From Melbourne Blu Ray, but I already have that in my library, so I'm set.

CiragoTV Mini USB Media Player
CiragoTV Mini USB Media Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Works good on my HDTV table top TV presentation, June 12, 2013
Works good, with user-friendly protocol on screen. The first thumb drive I tried did not work, and their tech support person said that some brands won't work. Not a big deal, though, because the device performs well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3