Profile for V. Neal > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

V. Neal RSS Feed (Huntersville, NC USA)

Page: 1 | 2
eneloop AAA 1800 cycle, Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries, 4 Pack (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by I Deals
Price: $11.54
9 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to revitalize cordless phones!, August 15, 2012
These batteries brought life back to my cordless phones! After several years of great service, a couple of our cordless phones (we have 4) wouldn't ring, wouldn't call out, and I thought they were broken. Then I realized the battery indicator was low even after sitting on the charger for hours, so I decided to replace the batteries. After researching the best batteries, I decided to give these a try based on the positive reviews. One pack for 2 phones, and they were back to working great again. The batteries didn't seem to come fully charged as advertised (at least according to my charger indicator), but they charged quickly and my cordless phones are back to great working order! After about more 6 months, the other 2 phones in my set started having problems, and as soon as I replaced them with these batteries, they worked great again too. I was concerned because I thought the cordless phones would need a special type of battery, and I was also worried about getting a battery that would not get hot after sitting on a charger all the time (since we leave our phones on the base when they are not in use). We have had no issues with these batteries getting hot. I would buy them again in a heartbeat and would recommend them to friends and family! I plan to buy more and use them for other items as well.

SMART - "Slim Line" Heater w "ThermaFlo" Technology
SMART - "Slim Line" Heater w "ThermaFlo" Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice heater!, June 10, 2012
I researched a lot of heaters before purchasing this one. Seems like every brand has a safety recall at some point. This company has a good reputation and the reviews were positive so I thought I'd give it a try. It is very light so I was a little skeptical at first. I have been using this small heater in my office under the desk for several months, and it keeps me very toasty. It is quiet and puts off a nice amount of heat. I generally find the low speed is sufficient, but there is a high speed and it pumps out a lot of heat if you need it. Glad I purchased it!

Deluxe Can Caps, 12 units
Deluxe Can Caps, 12 units
Price: $11.70
9 used & new from $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, but inconsistent quality, August 26, 2011
I like the concept, but I use it more as a lid rather than trying to drink through it. As we tend to buy soda in cans rather than plastic bottles, this is great to save the carbonation or preventing spills. For example: Open a can, get side-tracked and don't finish, put it back in the refrigerator for later -- the lid helps keep the carbonation fresh as long as you finish it within about 24 hours. There are also times the lid comes in handy, such as when I have an open drink and my hands are full with other things going to the soccer field, beach, etc.

I was concerned with leaking based on some of the other reviews, but as long as the caps are snapped on, we have had no problems with them leaking. Unfortunately, a couple of the caps in our set were a bit too small to snap on the can. (I even crushed two cans and spilled the drink trying to put on the ones that weren't sized correctly). Most did fit well and those are the ones we use. I would have given it more stars if all of the caps in the set fit.

eeBoo Travel Bingo
eeBoo Travel Bingo
Offered by Corydor
Price: $9.95
41 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun travel game, August 26, 2011
This review is from: eeBoo Travel Bingo (Toy)
This is our go-to game when we are in the car for over an hour. It never gets old and the kids love it. We have 3 children, ages 6 to 12, and they all enjoy it. To extend the game, we often play until the entire board is covered. There is one item, a toll booth, that is not usually on our trips. It's not a big deal though -- we just replace it with something else fun to search for. Also, there are a lot of Bingo sheets in the box, but if you are concerned about how long you can continue to use the game, you could copy the Bingo sheets to make extra so you can use the game for several years.

The Klutz Book of Balloon Twisting
The Klutz Book of Balloon Twisting
by The Editors of Klutz
Edition: Spiral-bound
9 used & new from $13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Beginner's Guide - Love it!, August 26, 2011
This is a good value for a Beginner's guide to Balloon Twisting. I purchased this as a gift for my 9-year old and she loves it. She is able to create the less complex shapes. Her 11-year old sister, who always wants to play with it too, can put together the more complex balloon shapes. I was disappointed that there were no animals in the book. However, after learning the basics and being encouraged to twist and try different things on their own, they were able to make several different animals. They love it and are usually very proud of their creations! The pump is good quality and has been through nearly a year of playing. This product exceeded my expectations! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a gift that is an alternative to video games and other electronics. It uses the creative side of the brain, and they even end up playing with their creations afterwards. I would suggest purchasing an extra bag of balloons with this as well.

Sauder Beginnings Computer Desk - Cinnamon Cherry
Sauder Beginnings Computer Desk - Cinnamon Cherry
Offered by Thewholesaler (Sorry, we cannot ship to PO Boxes, AK, HI, or APO, FFA, FPO Boxes and/or outside of the USA.)
Price: $31.19
20 used & new from $31.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compact desk, August 26, 2011
This desk is exactly as described. It is small and compact and not difficult to put together. It is a great use of space! We have our printer on the upper shelf and it is sturdy. Both the keyboard and mouse easily fit on the drawer (unlike other desks we considered). There is a good amount of desk space in front of the monitor. Perfect desk for a small space! We are very happy with our purchase.

adidas Formotion Elite Sock
adidas Formotion Elite Sock
Price: $6.20 - $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent soccer socks, but they run small, August 26, 2011
My daughters are required to wear these socks on their soccer team. They are very durable and do not "pill" like other soccer socks. However, they run VERY small. My 11 year old (only 75 pounds) wears an Adult Medium. We moved up a size from last year because she always complained they were too hard to put on (a similar complaint with all of her teammates). The Mediums are still tight on her and I probably could have bought her the Large.

Update: The socks are still going strong after many washings -- the Mediums have been worn for two years and are not worn out in the heel or toe! I moved my now 12-year old into an Adult Large the next year, and they are still snug. No worries about them being too loose and falling down. Her 9-year old sister (shoe size Youth 1; slim build) wore her sister's Mediums and they were still snug on her skinny legs. The socks are very good quality. Just buy larger than you think you need!

Spring Valley - Vitamin C Multiple Fruit Flavors 500 mg, 200 Chewable Tablets
Spring Valley - Vitamin C Multiple Fruit Flavors 500 mg, 200 Chewable Tablets
Offered by Camelot Toys
Price: $18.99
4 used & new from $18.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Flavor, November 1, 2009
These were cheaper than our regular brand of chewable vitamin C, so I purchased them. I have 3 children ages 5, 7 and 9 -- none would eat more that one of these. I tasted it and agreed the flavor was not good. We went back to the brand that they have enjoyed for several winter seasons, Nature Made Chewable Vitamin C.

Timex Kids' T89001 Analog Hearts and Butterflies Elastic Fabric Strap Children's Watch
Price: $15.96
14 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect!, June 1, 2009
You can't beat these Timex Kids watches with stretch bands. We got this one for my daughter as her first watch after loving this same style with a different design for another daughter. (My older daughter is 9 and still loves hers). They are so easy for them to get on and off themselves and are very durable. Because of some of the other reviews, I was a bit concerned that the decorative hand would make it difficult to see the numbers, but that wasn't a problem at all. With all the different styles for girls and boys, you should be able to find one your little one will be tickled with. You'll love it! Makes a great gift -- can't go wrong!

Samsonite Garment Cover 50-Inch Length, Charcoal Grey
Samsonite Garment Cover 50-Inch Length, Charcoal Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 1, 2009
Excellent garment cover! A great length for any type of clothes. Very durable.

Page: 1 | 2