Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Clauditas > Reviews

Clauditas' Profile

Customer Reviews: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Clauditas RSS Feed (Loxahatchee, FL USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Age of Miracles: A Novel
The Age of Miracles: A Novel
by Karen Thompson Walker
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $29.34
38 used & new from $2.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Depressing, March 29, 2014
Not forgetting it is an end of the world book, this book is just depressing and boring. I chose the book based on the level of good reviews. If you like end of the world books, try Dean Koonz "The Taking", or the no holds bar -parental discretion advised- Brian Caldwell's "We All Fall Down".

by Haruki Murakami
Edition: MP3 CD
Price: $4.47
4 used & new from $4.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, February 14, 2014
This review is from: 1Q84 (MP3 CD)
Why you may not like this book. The premise of the book is a good one, it could have been a great story if told better. I love good long books, this is just a book that dragged on, and on, and on. Some books are very descriptive, so that you can feel, smell and see exactly what it is happening to the characters, this book is just redundant. In any story, after an event, if a character is to tell another what happened the writer would provide a summary, and the interaction focuses on questions from whoever is hearing about the event. In this book, the whole event is re-told, forgetting the reader ALREADY knows about this event, just frustrating.

The Sister
The Sister
by Poppy Adams
Price: $11.81
86 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many unfinished business, October 5, 2012
This review is from: The Sister (Paperback)
I love to get too involved in a book, and for that reason I need closure in the end. It is because I was paying attention through my reading that I want all the points brought throughout the book to be completed, I want to know what happen to everyone and everything that the author mentioned, and after enduring so much we still don't know why the other sister returned. I got the audio book version, and I'm glad I did not had to read ALL the moth stuff, but the more I progressed through the book, the months became more interesting than the characters. The author can definitely detail feelings or things, her level of detail would be brilliant if she developed the characters more. As someone who cannot leave a book unfinished, I could not wait for the END to come. If you have the audio book, just listen to the last 3 CDs.

by Andrew Clements
Price: $7.09
350 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My 7 and 9 year old loved the audio book, September 13, 2012
This review is from: Frindle (Paperback)
We have a long commute and my kids enjoy picking audio books for the ride, they could not wait to hear what would happen next. I love that now they ask: Who is the author? Can we get something else by Mr. Clements? Give this book a try, it is a different kind of story.

What the Night Knows
What the Night Knows
by Dean Koontz
Edition: MP3 CD
Price: $24.99
18 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Knot in the stomach thriller!!!, June 16, 2011
This review is from: What the Night Knows (MP3 CD)
Dean Koontz goes supernatural, and I REALLY enjoyed it. If you are a Koontz fan, I understand why you are disappointed (see one star reviews), this is NOT your typical Koontz topic, no science going haywire. This is a supernatural story, a story of evil beyond the grave, and if like me you enjoy such topic, then this will be a great treat. Yes, there are parts of the book where you are talking back at the book asking "why aren't these kids screaming!!!", but I really enjoyed the fact that I found myself talking back to the book. It was an enjoyable read, it was thrilling and engaging. Give it a try!

Running Scared
Running Scared
DVD ~ Paul Walker
Price: $4.99
196 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Movie you NEVER Saw, June 7, 2011
This review is from: Running Scared (DVD)
This movie is NOT for everyone, if you enjoyed movies like Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill, you will LOVE this movie. It is very graphic, and violent but with a plot that twists and turns in ways that will blow your mind. This is a 2006 movie that nobody saw, I DON'T know why. I was horrified at the beginning and yet could not stop watching, I felt myself take a breath when it was over, I did not realize I was holding my breath. It is a thrilling nail-biting film that you will be recommending if you know people who like us enjoyed to be tortured this way. Worth every penny.

by Neal Stephenson
Price: $12.76
120 used & new from $0.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Non-Fan BEWARE - This book is Mind-Numbing, June 7, 2011
This review is from: Anathem (Paperback)
I read anything and everything. I may have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) because once I begin an Audio Book I have to finish it. This was just HORRIBLE, I'm glad it was an audio book so I could really kind of tune it out as I was driving. I am addicted to Amazon because of the reviews, and I read both the 5 star and the 1 star reviews, those told me that while the book had a slow start, it was worth it!? Please ONLY read this book if you are a fan of the author Neal Stephenson, and keep in mind that even his fans gave him bad reviews. Slow???? I was in CD 7 OF 33!!! When something of interest happened. I heard the WHOLE thing, 33 CDs and I can tell you this, it could have been a masterpiece in the hands of good SciFi author, the book has a good premise, it is an interesting story if you take out all the side fluff this guy creates for no reason at all. This is supposed to be ANOTHER planet, yet in the end he is quoting Emerson? Really? After he makes an extensive explanation at the beginning that this is NOT earth, which really, it is, because he does not have the creativity to create another planet with all its intricacies. He had a good idea, most likely a 2 page essay that once he sold he needed to beef up to hundreds of pages to entertain his fan base which apparently eats up his words. Non-Fan BEWARE. If curious, check out in Amazon the "Look inside" feature so you can see if this is something you can get into.

Winegard ANWI8700 Winegard AP Signal Amplifier (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Winegard ANWI8700 Winegard AP Signal Amplifier (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Did Not Work in Rural Area, June 7, 2011
Once installed the reception went from 22 channels to 2. I chose this amplifier because of the reviews, also checked the one star reviews and selected a location were the item would be not exposed to the rain. My antenna receives 22 channels, and the signal is great at night but it comes and goes in some channels during the day, which is why I wanted an amplifier. The directions were not very clear and customer service for the manufacturer only allows you to leave a message, they did call back the next day when I was at work. Tried again to call as soon as I got home, same deal, no call until the next morning when I was at work. Tried 3 different set ups following the directions and tips on line, but every single time I only got a signal for 2 channels. I'm returning the item today, amazon lets you print the labels and it goes via UPS at no cost to me!. I am in a rural zone which makes a big difference for antennas. Some of the other 1 star reviews mentioned the loss of channels, we may be doing something wrong, but with lacking customer service we are unable to get it right!

iLive iJ328 CD+G Karaoke Machine with Remote Control and Dock for iPod
iLive iJ328 CD+G Karaoke Machine with Remote Control and Dock for iPod
Offered by lakeplacegames
Price: $117.99
5 used & new from $9.12

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for iPod Touch or iPod Classic, February 11, 2011
I bought this for my kids, but we cannot view ON TV the videos that they have on the iPod Touch or my iPod Classic from 2008! The machine is just not compatible, the manufacturer says it on their website, which I found out AFTER I could not make this work. The machine will not read the CDs we have burned at home, the machine will play the ipod tunes we have on the ipod, but I was looking forward for my kids to sing along the videos we download from youtube that have the sound of the song and show the lyrics.
The manufacturer's website says:
Why can't I see lyrics from my iPod on my Karaoke machine?
The music downloaded does not have a graphic file to support lyrics, so there are not words to see. Many karaoke songs offered on iTunes do not support graphics for lyrics; this type of karaoke is music with the vocals removed. In order to see lyrics and hear music, the karaoke file downloaded from iTunes will need to have a MP4 or MPEG (video file) extension. There are websites that offer MPEG Karaoke videos for download, as well as software that can convert CD+G CDs into MPEG files. Consult a software professional for the availability and application of these programs.
Why doesn't the Karaoke application for my iTouch/iPhone show lyrics when docked to my Karaoke machine?
Currently downloaded applications do not support video output from these devices.
I made my own Karaoke CD, why won't it display lyrics?
There are many different software providers as well as different Karaoke formats that are available. Burn speed, quality and types of disk used are just few issues you may encounter while trying to make your own Karaoke disk. Our product will only display lyric from a CD+G format. We recommend purchasing your Karaoke disk from a reputable manufacture.
How do I connect my iLive player to my television?
There is an audio and video output on the back of your iLive Karaoke machine. This audio/video output uses a standard AV cables (Yellow, Red and White) for connection. Connect the audio/video out from the Karaoke machine to the AV in the television.
However, only on the iPod video models and the iPod photo model will be able to use this AV out feature. Please change Video Out to ON in video settings of iPod when applicable.

My Friend is Sad (An Elephant and Piggie Book)
My Friend is Sad (An Elephant and Piggie Book)
by Mo Willems
Price: $9.25
98 used & new from $1.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading tool, February 2, 2011
Each time we read one of these books it becomes our FAVORITE, I really liked how this book is about friendship and enjoying things with your friend! Like I said in other reviews: These books are fun and funny to read. My 5 year old can read them, and my 7 year old still enjoys reading it with us. It has also helped my 7 year old with using the right inflexion for admiration !!! and Question??? She loves to read to her sister REALLY loud to make enphasis on the story. You really need to try these books.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4