Profile for Nimravus > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nimravus RSS Feed (California)

HWC Police Sheriff Security Guard Officer PLAIN BLACK Leather Velcro Hook & Loop Duty Pro Uniform Belt Keeper Holder

3.0 out of 5 stars This would be 4-5 stars but its too way too expensive for just one, February 26, 2014
Great belt keeper. It would be 4-5 stars if it was $9.99 for 4 but you only get one so you have to order 4 which turns out to be around $40! So keep in mind if you order this that you need to order 4.

Sasquatch Coffee Mug -- Bigfoot Coffee Mug -- "I Believe" -- Official Funny Guy MugTM Product (11oz, Green I Believe)
Offered by Penny Lane Gifts
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mug, perfect except for the advertisement, December 15, 2013
Great mug, I knocked off a star because it says "Funny Guy Mugs on the mug below the I Believe. If it wasn't for the shameless advertisement, this mug would be a 5 star.

U.S.A. Tactical Morale Patch - Multitan
U.S.A. Tactical Morale Patch - Multitan
Offered by Gadsden and Culpeper
Price: $3.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great patch, well made and it really stands out on your hat, December 15, 2013
Great patch. Sturdy and well stitched. It really pops and stands out on my hat. Shows USA Pride! Perfect size for the back morale patch velcro on your tactical hat.

Eye-Fi Pro X2 8GB Wireless SD Memory Card - EYE-FI-8PC Wi-Fi SD Memory Card
Eye-Fi Pro X2 8GB Wireless SD Memory Card - EYE-FI-8PC Wi-Fi SD Memory Card
Offered by Gold Star Deals
Price: $94.99
13 used & new from $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a Class 6 SDHC card from Eye-Fi!, April 4, 2010
First off, there are several different Eye-Fi models so I suggest you get the one with the features you need. The "X2" models now have the Class 6 rating which is great news for fast D-SLR's with high megapixels (18+, etc) or taking 1080p HD video to ensure the data transfer rate can keep up with the recording.

The X2 adds the Class 6 rating, 802.11 b/g/n capability and endless memory. All of which were major concerns with the older models when using them in modern D-SLRs.

I chose this one because the X2 Pro offers RAW image transfers and Ad hoc mode. If you do not take pictures in RAW format and/or do not care to transfer directly from Camera to Laptop via WiFi, then get the X2 Explore for $50 cheaper.

Setup is a breeze. When you first put the card into the computer, it will ask if you want to install the software. You can use the web based settings manager if you do not want to install any software. I chose to install the Eye-Fi Manager software. Very functional.

The first thing it will ask you to do is to select a network to connect to. I chose mine at home and configured the WPA2 security in seconds.... it connected and asked me to put the card into my camera and take a test picture.

I did so and withing seconds, my T2i's display showed that the eye-fi was connected and transferring data. The computer software system tray icon lit up and confirmed this too.

I took an 18mp picture for the test which turned out to be about 22mb RAW and 7mb jpeg. It finished the transfer quickly.

There are many custom features you can set to tell it what to do with the pictures. I have mine set to transfer to my HDD and MobileMe account. There are about 25 online services you can automatically upload to.

I do like the fact that you can set it to upload to a "private" album so it is not automatically "shared".

You can add multiple cards to one account and manage them all through the software. I currently have 3 Eye-Fi cards (2 x 8GB X2 Pro for my D-SLR and 1 x 8GB X2 Explore for my point and shoot).

You can configure each card separately to deliver the pictures where you would like them.

I recommend this card.

UPDATE: I have been using this card all day today and through several battery cycles. There is a significant drop in battery life while using this card, which is understandable because it is transmitting via WiFi.

I am using the Canon T2i and the camera has an Eye-Fi menu within which I can disable the WiFi. The battery does last longer when I shut off the Eye-Fi card (WiFi). So something to think about, maybe get a spare battery or get a camera with Eye-Fi menu support.
Comment Comments (20) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2014 5:29 PM PST

Eye-Fi Explore X2 8 GB Class 6 SDHC Wireless Photo & Memory Uploads EYE-FI-8EX
Eye-Fi Explore X2 8 GB Class 6 SDHC Wireless Photo & Memory Uploads EYE-FI-8EX
4 used & new from $70.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast Class 6 at a reasonable 8GB storage space.., March 31, 2010
Update 6-25-10: Please see below this review for a question I answered about the EyeFi's Geotagging feature. Thanks.

First off, one limitation to this particular model forced me to return it:

This one does not transfer RAW images or transfer directly to a computer, this was MY FAULT because I didn't read.

I take RAW images so the one I need to get is the Eye-Fi X2 pro which will transfer RAW and directly to a computer via WiFi.

So, I took this out of the package and popped it into my laptop's SDHC slot and it asked me if I wanted to install the software. Simple install, took seconds. I configured the wireless router WPA2 security settings with ease and it was connected.

The Software lets you choose from 25 online companies to upload the pictures to, as well as the ability to simultaneously download to your computer (via your WiFi router, not directly from Camera to Computer).

I chose to download pictures and video to both my backup HDD and to [...]

I took it out and popped it into my Canon T2i which now has the Eye-Fi menu support, and took some pictures. The T2i immediately flashed the Eye-Fi connection icon and showed that it was transmitting. Within seconds, a popup from the tray icon on my computer indicated which file was being transfered with a thumbnail of it.

The 802.11n is alot faster than the previous model Eye-Fi card's b/g. When it finished transferring, I verified that it indeed uploaded to my MobileMe account and it was on my backup HDD. Then, Carbonite immediately took over and started backing up the pictures from my backup HDD to it's online backup servers.

So in a nutshell, I took the pics and without doing anything it uploaded to my MobileMe account and my External HDD. Then Carbonite backed up from my External HDD to it's online backup. Bamn, 4 copies (SDHC card, MobileMe, HDD, Carbonite) for secure, backed up pictures without really doing anything.

I love this. I will be getting the Eye-Fi X2 pro 8GB just for the RAW picture transfers and Ad-Hoc mode (Camera to Computer direct transfer). If you do not take RAW or you will be using your wireless router for the transfer, then the Explore X2 is fine.

UPDATE: I got 2 of the X2 Pro 8GB cards and wrote a review about it also.

UPDATE: I've been using this in my Compact Point-and-Shoot through some battery cycles and I have noticed a difference in battery life. Its significant enough for me to take notice, I am getting about 2/3 the battery life by using this Eye-Fi. That is understandable I guess because it is transmitting via WiFi.

Also, the card does get much hotter than a standard SDHC card so it does start to warm up the camera more than usual. This shouldn't affect anything.

So be aware that this will shorten battery life, carry a spare and make sure both are fully charged before going out to take pictures.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2012 9:59 PM PST