Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for MLouise > Reviews

Browse

MLouise's Profile

Customer Reviews: 363

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MLouise RSS Feed (Out West)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Wypall X60 Reusable Wipers (34965), Blue, Jumbo Roll, 1100 Sheets / Roll, 1 Roll / Case
Price: $66.97
45 used & new from $61.77

5.0 out of 5 stars One Sheet Works Better than Several Sheets of standard Paper Towels!, June 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The best way I know to properly evaluate these, is to compare them to the towels I usually buy, both in strength, and in price.
First the price:
I did the math, and these towels cost about 6 cents each. The Sparkle paper towels I usually buy (pick-a-size) are $24.69 for 25 rolls. It takes about two of them to equal the size of each Wypall blue towel. Taking that into consideration, the Sparkle towels are about 2 cents per (set of two) pick-a-size sheets. This is about 1/3 the price of the Wypalls.

The Wypalls however, are FAR superior in strength, absorbency, and 're-usability'. They definitely come in handy in our shop! The roll is HUGE, and seems like it will last forever, as we haven't had to use that many yet. The main reason for this is that we are able to rinse and re-use each towel a few times. With the Sparkle towels, we usually have to use several of them, in order to accomplish what one of the Wypalls will do.
Taking all things into consideration, I feel the Wypalls are the better deal. Bottom line, since the Wypalls are about 3 times as much in cost, they should work as well as three of the 2-piece sets of Sparkle select-a-size towels. They far surpass this requirement, which in the end makes them a better value.
In fact, we went ahead and mounted a thick dowel rod vertically on one of our shop tables to hold the roll, because when this is gone we will definitely buy more. If you want light duty paper towels for general household/kitchen use, there are better alternatives. But for a messy shop, these are handy to have around to say the least!

I received this first roll of towels in exchange for an honest review, and I can confidently say that we will definitely be purchasing these regularly for our shop!

Tovolo 2-In-1 Kiwi Tool
Tovolo 2-In-1 Kiwi Tool
Price: $12.63
4 used & new from $11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bite Size Kiwi Chunks..., June 10, 2016
This review is from: Tovolo 2-In-1 Kiwi Tool (Kitchen)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a handy little thing. You simply cut your kiwi in half then push the wire side into the middle of the kiwi, all the way down till it hits bottom. Turn until the kiwi has come loose from the sides of the skin and you have four neat little bite sized pieces (8 pieces for whole kiwi.)

The only thing that you may run into, is with the half where the stem protrudes up into the meat of the kiwi a bit. On that half, one or two of your pieces might be a little messier. But all in all, this is a great tool for making little bite sized chunks of kiwi. I like kiwi in slices sometimes, but this is a nice variation!

Foster Grant Eyezen Digital Glasses - Black/Black/Satin Gun Metal
Foster Grant Eyezen Digital Glasses - Black/Black/Satin Gun Metal
Price: $34.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle is Clear... Computer is Blurry., June 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, I was excited to try these, but it turns out I'm not as happy with these as most of the other reviewers. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
1) When reading my Kindle, they are nice. The distance between my eyes and my Kindle are just about right for the slight magnification that is added to the lower portion of the lenses.
2) The screen on my computer is more soothing with these on, the light not quite so harsh. But unfortunately that doesn't help me much, (because of 2nd con below).

Cons:
1) I am a woman and my face is on the smaller end of a medium size. These glasses are pretty big, and they are heavy (for me anyway). After awhile they become uncomfortable. When I take them off, my nose is sore and red. I do wear glasses when driving, and I have never had that problem with those. I tried the sticky nose pads, but the weight of these still bother me.
2) As I mentioned above, the focus of these is great when reading my Kindle. But I cannot use them while on my computer. The focus is off, and the screen is slightly blurry. It must be the difference between my kindle distance and my monitor distance. The slight magnification is supposed to be near the bottom of the lenses. But looking straight ahead at my monitor through the top/middle portion of the lenses, there is blurriness nonetheless. I don't know if I got a bad pair, or if they are all like that.

My final comment is about the blue blocking, and I have a lot to say about it. I have not listed the following comments as a con, because the glasses are not specifically advertised as glasses to wear before bed to help with insomnia. But I do wish the online product info was the same as the package insert. The insert states that these block approximately 27% of harmful blue light. Please be aware, that this does not block enough blue light to help with insomnia. If help with sleeping is what you are looking for, the Uvex S1933X is what you want. (They are huge as well, but a lot lighter in weight). The Uvex really do help me with insomnia if do a lot of tv/computer/kindle before bed. These Foster Grants however, do not.

An example of the difference.....when I watch the Weather channel on tv or look it up on my Kindle, I can see no blue colors with the Uvex. They all look green instead. With these Foster Grants, the blues are still mostly blue. Again, this does not take away a star, because the product description makes no promises as to the effect of blue light blocking in regards to sleep.

Bottom line is this....5 stars means 'love it', 4 means 'like', and 3 means 'it's ok'. My honest opinion are that these are 'ok', so 3 stars it is. I will probably not wear them much, even when reading my kindle because of the heavy discomfort. For nighttime electronic device relief I will stick with my Uvex. I received the Foster Grant glasses in exchange for my honest review. I purchased my Uvex glasses. I am not otherwise affiliated with either company in any way. I simply happen to like the Uvex better. I'm sorry if this offends anyone who really likes these glasses.

KitchenAid KKFTR3PROB Classic Forged Series Triple Rivet Paring Knife, Onyx Black, 3.5"
Offered by TeaBoxes
Price: $25.97
4 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Most!, May 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For the most part, this is a pretty nice knife. My husband and I do a lot of butchering and we are familiar with a variety of types of knives. For paring knives, this is near the top of the list. It is a solid knife with a substantial blade and it appears that it will stand up to years of sharpening.
It is comfortable to hold, and slices through most things easily and cleanly.

I have used this for several days now, and I have used it along with my favorite paring knife for comparison. My favorite brand (a Victorinox) that I have used for years just edges this knife out a little. The Victorinox (I'll call it the "V") has a thinner blade, and repeated sharpening will eventually result in a pretty skinny blade. But in a side by side comparison of both knives in their sharpest state, I prefer my good ol' standby. It is more comfortable to hold and to work with, and it's slightly thinner blade I feel is an advantage when doing fine peeling or cutting. Also, when cutting through whole fruits and vegees (ie: apples, cucumbers), I feel that the 'V' is slightly smoother and I have to apply less force to get it through.

That being said, I have compared a lot of knives over the years, and this KitchenAid comes closest to matching what I like about the 'V'. The KitchenAid is almost as comfortable to hold, and the edge is definitely sharp. If I had never used the 'V', I probably would have given the KitchenAid knife five stars. If I suddenly found myself without any knives, and I could buy only one, I would buy the 'V'. Sorry for taking a star away on an otherwise five star knife, but this is my honest opinion. It's a great knife, and better than every other knife I've ever compared to the 'V'. But the 'V' is still my personal favorite.

Borat - Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (Full Screen Edition)
DVD ~ Sacha Baron Cohen
Offered by Expedited Warehouse
Price: $4.90
223 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars What's the Toilet For?, May 20, 2016
I know there are already a ton of reviews on this movie, but I just HAD to put my two cents in. I LOVED it. It was one of the most hilarious movies I have ever seen, although I can see some of my friends and family being a bit put off by it.

Basically, Borat is the most ignorant character I have ever seen. Sometimes, I see a movie or a see a character that is just so stupid that it's not even funny. But somehow this works. To give you an comparison, if any of you have seen the movie, "Dumb & Dumber", they were near geniuses compared to Borat. At least they knew that a toilet was where you do your business.

I laughed so hard, so many times, that my abs actually got a bit of a workout. If you have a good sense of humor, and are not offended easily, you will love this movie!

Home-it Bamboo Wooden Clothes Drying Rack, 14-1/2 x 29-1/2 x 41-3/4 - Inch
Home-it Bamboo Wooden Clothes Drying Rack, 14-1/2 x 29-1/2 x 41-3/4 - Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for Quilting Room!!!, May 20, 2016
I did not get this for clothes drying. I got it for my quilting room. As most quilters know, it is easy to get into a routine of having several projects going at once. I have some quilt tops and wall hanging tops that need to be quilted, and in the past I always just draped them over whatever was available in my quilting room.

Then one day, a light bulb appeared over my head, and a picture of a drying rack like this popped into my brain. So I did some research and after reading a lot of reviews I decided on this one. I didn't want to spend a ton, but I didn't want something that would fall apart either.
This works perfectly! I love that it easily folds down if needed, and there are so many different rods to hang things on. I put the smaller things on the lower rods and the larger items on the higher ones. Some of my pieces are just the quilt tops, and some are already 'sandwiched' with batting and backing. Some pieces I have folded, but the smaller ones fit as is.

I am thrilled to have this as another organization tool. I have made a rule that if this ever gets too full to add another project to, I am not allowed to start anything else until I get some quilting done! Although another bulb just appeared above my head, and I'm picturing a second rack..............................................................................Ok, just made myself turn that light off. I need to stick to my rule; when the rack gets full, I get to quilting!

Outward Hound Kyjen 30068 Fire Biterz Durable Tough Squeaking Dog Toy, Dragon, 3 Squeakers
Price: $12.51
6 used & new from $10.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Yep, this is Definitely a Tough Toy!, May 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was surprised at how tough this toy is. I do not have a big dog, but my little Jack Russell generally has no problem tearing up most toys in no time. He always seems to get the squeakers out, and in the process he gets his mouth full of stuffing.
I love that this toy has no stuffing, and he has not gotten any squeakers out yet.

But, there are a couple of things I don't like. First of all, one of the squeakers has already malfunctioned. It still feels like a squeaker but it makes no noise. Second, this toy is really huge (I got the large), and it's very stiff. My dog likes to shake toys, and at one point when he was attempting to shake this it hurt his mouth. He dropped it and ran away from it. So then I cut it in half in the middle of the body and sewed the open end with really strong thread (which is holding just fine). I threw away the half that no longer squeaks, and now he has a more do-able toy that will be hard for him to destroy. He has overcome his temporary fear of the toy, so hopefully the squeakers in that part will last!

I took away a star for the bad squeaker, not for my issues with the size or the stiff structure. I figure the size would be great for a bigger dog, and the stiffness is probably what makes it tougher to destroy.

I received this for free in exchange for my honest review. I know it is getting to be a common assumption that reviews for free products are rigged. This is absolutely not the case with me. I tell it like it is. I am truly pleased with this toy for the most part, although I wish the smaller version would have been offered to me. I think that would have worked better for my dog. I usually get my dog a few new toys at Christmas, so I will probably get him the smaller version of this at that time.

If I run into any issues in the future that would change my rating, I will be sure to update this review.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Everyday Kitchen Basic, Chevron Printed Oven Mitt and Potholder Gift Set, Yellow
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thick and Strong, May 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this set in the yellow. Both pieces are really strong, sturdy, and thick. After a wash through regular cycle, they held up extremely well. I have zero complaints about either piece.
The mitt is kind of different from what I'm used to. It isn't the standard 'mitten' type, with the thumb on the side. Your hand fits in it just like a puppet...in fact I was tempted to put some eyes on the hand part just for fun, lol! But it works just fine as an oven mitt, and is roomy enough for my husband to use as well.

If I run into any durability or function issues down the road I will be sure to update this review. For now though, this is a five star set!

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Dinner, Summer & Picnic Tablecloth 60x84", Yellow Spring Check, Seats 6 to 8 People
Price: $31.99
2 used & new from $31.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, May 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a beautiful yellow/white checked tablecloth. The checks are pretty small and from a distance it looks like a pale yellow. My kitchen is yellow and teal, and this works perfectly. I'm having a lot of fun playing with various centerpieces on the tabletop.

My table is 36 x 54, and the tablecloth was a bit big at first. So I washed and dried it really well, hoping it would shrink...and it did. It could still be a tad smaller, but the way it is now works fine. If you don't want shrinkage, it might be a good idea to not run your dryer very long. Or maybe line dry instead.

The fabric itself is a little more substantial than what I expected. It has a sturdy feel, yet it is soft and drapes well.
This looks great, it washes up nicely, and I plan to use it all summer!

DII Home Essentials Rag Rug for Kitchen, Bathroom, Entry Way, Laundry Room and Bedroom, 20 x 31.5", Aqua
Price: $18.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Aqua!, May 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the type of rug that does scoot around on slippery floors, but I assumed that going in. It's just that type of rug, and I could tell that from the photos. I will probably get a pad for it if I leave it in my kitchen.

I accepted this product to review, and I'm glad I did. The main reason I was drawn to it, was the aqua color. It looked beautiful online and is even more attractive in person.
I have recently begun to incorporate teal/aqua into my kitchen and I have started to collect the teal floral lace line by Temp-tations. This rug matches absolutely perfectly! There is a little bit of darker aqua & blue in the rug as well, so this would probably go with a variety of blue/aqua/teal color schemes.
The only bummer is that my dog has decided it is his to lay on when I'm trying to do dishes (even tho he has a lot of other beds in every room of the house). Of course I don't have the heart to move him so I just make sure I step carefully!

I like that the rug is machine washable, and easy to take outside to shake. It reminds me of the rugs I had growing up. As lightweight as it is, it also has a sturdy, substantial feel to it. If I run into any problems, I will be sure to update my review. For now though, this is in my opinion a definite five star rug!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20