Profile for MLouise > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 298

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MLouise RSS Feed (Out West)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
C2O Pure Coconut Water, 17.5 Ounce (Pack of 12)
C2O Pure Coconut Water, 17.5 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Price: $27.48
7 used & new from $25.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Freshest Tasting!, January 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the fifth brand of coconut water I've tried, and my favorite so far. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of any coconut water but it is a pretty healthy beverage so I try to drink it periodically. Of all the brands I've tried, the main difference I can taste is in the freshness. Some taste like they've been sitting around awhile...almost spoiled in fact. But at least three of the brands I've tried taste pretty fresh. And of all those, this one tastes the freshest, followed closely by a brand called 'Taste Nirvana'.

My husband is the real coconut lover in the family, and he loves coconut water. When he tasted this one, he also said it was his favorite, and he used the word 'fresh' to describe it as well.
Although I received this for free in exchange for my honest review, this is the brand I will buy now, as it's the easiest one for me to get down. (and my husband of course, guzzles it!

And now, an interesting tidbit....The main reason I ever decided to try coconut water in the first place, was because I saw a health show on tv where a doctor was saying that coconut water is so similar to human blood, that in emergencies they can use it for blood transfusions. (This is a fact that can be verified with online research). It has electrolytes in it that are similar to those in our blood, and it is easily absorbed by the body. For this reason I consider it an especially great drink for recuperation after a workout!

Black & Decker EHC3002B Glass Bowl Chopper, Black
Black & Decker EHC3002B Glass Bowl Chopper, Black
Price: $49.97
2 used & new from $49.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Size for Countertop & Works Well!, January 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This handy little chopper is a great alternative to a bigger food processor. So far, everything I have tried chops up perfectly. The more you 'pulse' it, or the longer you run it on continual speed, the finer the pieces. And for the most part the pieces are uniform in size. I have chopped carrots, onion, celery, cucumber, and frozen raspberries (for a dessert recipe). The only thing that had a few larger pieces was the carrots, but I chopped a big batch of them, and there were only 3-4 slightly bigger pieces; they were very easy to pick out.

The noise isn't too loud, it's quieter than my full size processor. It's not quite as fast as a full size, but the speed difference is negligible. Plus, in the long run it's quicker, because it's a breeze to clean, and I don't have to haul my bigger one in and out of the cabinet all the time now. This is so small I can just leave it on my counter top. I love that you can just chop in the bowl, then put a lid on it for later use.

The bowls that come with this are exactly the same size as some pyrex bowls I have, and I can use those with the blades as well. That makes it very handy for chopping up a variety of items and storing them separately for later use.

I am very happy with this so far. I have used it almost daily since I received it, and expect to get a lot more use from it!

Simple Cleansing Water, Micellar, 6.7 Ounce
Simple Cleansing Water, Micellar, 6.7 Ounce
Offered by Household Online Shop
Price: $14.00
2 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleansing and Moisturizing, January 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This works like a cleanser and toner in one. All you do is put some on a cotton pad and clean your face with it. No rinsing required! I love how easy it is.
I have done the same thing with my natural toner when wanting to clean my face in a hurry. This cleansing water works better. It gets dirt/makeup off with less effort.
My skin doesn't feel the same afterward as it does with the toner....with this product, I at first had to kindof get used to what I thought was residue. But I started noticing that my skin was not drying out so much throughout the day as it would with regular cleanser and/or toner. So I think what I must be feeling is some sort of humectant that is attracting moisture to my skin.
Basically, my toner makes my skin 'feel' cleaner afterward, but my cotton pad feels more gentle with this cleanser and hours afterward my face feels more moist. Sometimes I don't even use lotion now. With my toner, my skin would be bone dry after 15 minutes, even with my toner-then-lotion routine.

Living Home Christmas Holiday Gift 120 Sheets Wrapping Tissue
Living Home Christmas Holiday Gift 120 Sheets Wrapping Tissue
Offered by Jupiter's
Price: $21.99
5 used & new from $16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but Too Much Messy Glitter, January 6, 2015
If not for all the tiny round silver things that fall off, this tissue would've gotten five stars.
The paper is all beautiful and it's a great price for the amount you get, but I ended up using just a few sheets and putting the rest away. Some pieces of the tissue do not have the silver circles attached, but it's hard to get one of those pieces out without loosening some silver from the other pieces.
The circles are small, flat, discs just a tad bigger than glitter. I wanted this mostly to put in decorative tins with baked goods. Turns out I couldn't use much of it, because I certainly didn't want that stuff on my goodies! In fact, I don't really want it anywhere at all!

So please bear in mind that this rating and review is coming from someone highly opposed to glitter of all kind. (I have thrown away all xmas decorations with glitter, and when I get a card with glitter I slip it into a clear baggie to keep the glitter contained.) Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful, and if you like glitter, you will love this tissue. But if I'd been able to see it in the picture (or description), I never would have bought it.

Black and Decker CM2035B 12-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker
Black and Decker CM2035B 12-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker
Price: $59.92
24 used & new from $40.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Effficient Brewing; Use Less Coffee!, January 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This coffee maker has some nice options. We like the programmable timer so the coffee is ready when we wake up in the morning.
Also, there are 4 brewing choices. The first choice is to just use no specific brew setting at all; this will make regular coffee just like any coffee maker not equipped with brew settings. The other three choices are 1. A small pot (2-4 cup brew), 2. Bold coffee, 3. Extra Bold coffee. These three settings slow down brew time to different extents, causing the water to stay in contact with the grinds longer, which allows more flavor to come through.

We like a light roast coffee, but we end up using a lot of it because we still like plenty of flavor without the charred taste that medium and dark roast coffees can sometimes have. So we thought we'd try all of the different settings, especially since we only make a 4 cup pot each day. We were hoping we'd be able to use less coffee.
Well the 2-4 cup setting, as well as the bold, and extra bold settings all brought out a bitter, burnt, charred characteristic that we didn't like, even when using less coffee. So then we tried the standard setting, with the regular amount of coffee and although it wasn't really charred tasting, it was a bit more bitter than usual. So then we tried using less coffee than normal, and on regular setting, and that's where we found our perfect cup of coffee!

So even on the standard setting, you will need less coffee. For those of you who love strong coffee, or for those of you who love a certain brand that rhymes with 'charbucks', the bold and extra bold settings will really bring out that type of flavor, while using less coffee.

As for the other features, the thermal carafe is awesome! We drink our coffee pretty quickly so we don't really need that feature, but I always keep hot water on the stove for tea throughout the day. Now I can heat my water on the stove, pour it onto the carafe (or just run plain water through the coffeemaker), and it stays hot for a few hours. Anything that saves electricity, is worth taking advantage of in my book.

I hope to get years of use from this coffeemaker. If I have any adverse issues in the near future, I will be sure to make an amendment to my review.

Stabilicers Lite Duty Serious Traction Cleat, Black, Medium
Stabilicers Lite Duty Serious Traction Cleat, Black, Medium
Offered by Cambridge Select
Price: $27.44
3 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Size Up!, December 29, 2014
I've had these for about a week now, and use them every day to walk my dog. I will never be without them now!
The rubber is soft enough to stretch onto my boots, but still sturdy. The cleats work wonders, I now feel very secure on our icy roads. I live in NW Montana and we finally got our winter snow & ice the past several days, so I was glad to be able to use these.

Previously I had a different brand. Those were round shaped (a hard rubber circle), that was really difficult to pull onto my boots. And on those, there were only cleats under the ball of the foot, not the heel. They worked, but walking was very awkward...with no cleats under the heels, they were way lower than the ball of the foot where the cleats were. So with those, I was trading slick roads for awkward walking.

With the Stabilicers, walking feels completely comfortable. I can't say enough about these....I guess I am just so pleased to find something that works so much better than my old pair. The only advice I have, is to make sure you order a big enough size. I am a female with a shoe size 7 1/2. According to the size chart on the packaging, a ladies shoe size from 5-8 is supposed to order a small. But after reading reviews of this product from other sellers, I decided to order a medium and I'm glad I did! They fit nicely on my winter boots, my hiking boots, and even on my regular shoes. Since this seller does not list sizing (at the time of this review), here are the numbers:

Men shoe size 4-7, and women 5-8, Small.
Men shoe size 7.5-10 and women 8.5-12, Medium
Men shoe size 10.5-13 Large
Men shoe size 13.5-16, X-Large

Like I said though, it'd be a good idea to order up a size, especially if you are in the upper range for your size category. My husband wears a size 12, and we are going to order an extra large for him, even though the chart recommends large. If that does not work out I will post a notation. If there are no amendments, that means it worked out great for him.

Bottom line, I absolutely love these, I don't think I could fall if I tried!

Nature's Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet Raw Boost Lamb Meal and Peas Formula Dry Dog Food, 4.1-Pound
Price: $20.99
2 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny Pieces, Great for Treats!, December 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I will say right up front, that I do not use dry kibble for my dog's regular diet, I have him on a homemade diet that I prepare myself according to the guidelines of experts such as Dr. Becker, etc. I won't get into the reasons I feed my dog a homemade diet, that is a whole different bandwagon.

But my dog is spoiled, and he gets treats for just about every reason known to man. That can get expensive, and it the calories can also add up. So I periodically get a small bag of the highest quality dog food I can find, and give him one piece at a time for his treats.

This dog food consists of really tiny pieces of kibble, so for my little Jack Russel it works great for treats. There are a few larger pieces throughout, but even those are small. If you feed kibble for meals and you have a small dog, this will be great.

Now for the quality of the food.....First I will list all the good things about the ingredients in this food:
*Contains freeze dried lamb (in addition to the standard lamb meal).
*Also has freeze dried lamb organ meat.
*No gluten, and no grain (this means no corn, wheat, rye, etc).
*Has montmorillionite clay (nutrient rich, great for detoxification).
*My dog loves it (to be honest, he loves pretty much everything).
*Has a lot of natural healthy ingredients, such as pumpkinseeds, blueberries, squash, and green tea.
I will add here, that even though this product has no grain or gluten, it does have starch in the form of tapioca. There is really no other way to form the kibble though, some sort of starch is necessary.

Now I will list the biggest thing I don't like about the formulation:
*It has Ground Flax....I know, many of you are probably thinking, "wait, isn't flax good?"
Well yes, generally flax is awesome, and it's best eaten 'ground' if you want the benefit of the healthy fats and lignans, etc. The problem, is that flax goes rancid very quickly, especially when ground. Sure there are some preservatives that help (vitamin e, etc), but that is not enough to insure that the flax stay fresh. If you doubt what I'm saying, do your own research. I would much rather see coconut oil (a much more stable fat), added to dog foods.
Fortunately, this is just a small bag, and the contents fit in my refrigerator. If you decide to feed this to your dog via larger bags, please try to keep it as airtight as possible, and in a spot that is as cool as possible. This will prolong the shelf life. And who knows, maybe there is so little flax, that even if it does go rancid the result is negligible.
I don't mean to pick on this food, as I feel it is fairly high quality 'for a kibble'. The thing is, that it's not just this dog food. Just about every dry kibble food I look at has ground flax.
And I for one, will never give any dog food a five star rating if it has flax in it. So please take my rating in that context.
Bottom line, I think compared to other dry kibbles out there this is amongst the top in quality. And for tiny treats, a small bag like this will last a long time!

Graco 16Y385 TrueCoat 360
Graco 16Y385 TrueCoat 360
Price: $149.00
2 used & new from $149.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dream!, December 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This sprayer is so easy to use! Instructions are clear and to the point. My main application is for stain rather than paint. I have used it on the log siding on the sunny side of our house (a small portion of our house where the logs fade quicker), as well as on the floor boards of my porch. This is my first time with a electric sprayer so I can't compare with others of it's type. But compared to the pump sprayer we always used before, this is a dream!

It puts out a smooth even spray, no clogging or spotting, and the job goes very quickly....even with the frequent refills required for a larger job. Cleanup is a breeze when all you have to do is throw out the liners! The capacity of the canister is a bit small for larger jobs, but that is not a con in my book, because this is not being marketed as a large capacity sprayer. Plus, this size is so easy to handle and maneuver!

I received this item in exchange for my honest review, and I take that responsibility seriously. I do not give out five star reviews just in 'appreciation' of a free product. It is my sincere opinion that this sprayer provides a convenient way to get small to medium sized jobs done quickly, and I honestly could not find one negative characteristic to mention!

Chef's Choice 7965001 Premium Metal Food Grinder Attachment Designed for KitchenAid Stand Mixers, No.796
Price: $93.99
8 used & new from $92.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly!, December 15, 2014
Before buying this, I did a lot of research on the grinder attachments that fit the Kitchenaid mixer, as well as on stand alone grinders. No grinder had 100% great reviews, so I really had to read about all the good and bad for each model. After much deliberation I finally decided that this grinder would be my best bet. I hoped that I would have the same experience as the other 'positive' reviewers, and I was not disappointed!

To put it simply, this grinder works perfectly! Although it's may not be as fast as a commercial grinder, it is way faster (and easier) than the old manual hand grinder we used for years. I used this for two large deer that our family harvested this season, and was very happy with the speed. I constantly inspected the venison for grease and metal shavings that others found in various grinders...but there were Zero of these contaminants from this grinder in our meat. I like that the grinder plates and cutting blade are stainless steel. There are no plastic parts that I could see. We cleaned it before we used it, then again after. All parts are very smoothly finished and easy to get clean.

I am definitely happy with this purchase and hope to get years of use from it!

Fresh Effects Everything Off Deluxe Make-Up Removal Wet Cloths 25 cloths per pack
Offered by K Trade
Price: $9.00
18 used & new from $4.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Convenience, December 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These wipes are for geared for makeup removal, and they work fairly well for that purpose. They are a good size, and there is a decent amount of wetness to them, although there could be just a tad more moisture in my opinion. For no makeup, or just light makeup, one wipe will effectively clean your face. For full makeup (foundation, eye-shadow, etc), it will definitely take two wipes.

My skin tends toward dryness, and these wipes leave my face a bit sticky, as well as somewhat drier than with my regular face cleanser. I find I need an extra bit a moisturizer afterwards. They have a light pleasant scent but do smell a bit like alcohol, even though I could not find the word 'alcohol' in the ingredients. Also, I'm not excited about the propylene glycol in the ingredients; but since these are not an everyday face cleanser for me I can use them one in awhile without worrying about it too much.

Basically, although these do not perform as well as water & a good face cleanser, they do serve my purposes....an occasional convenience when needing a face cleaning substitute.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20