Profile for CeCe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CeCe "CeCe" RSS Feed (New York, New york United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories
One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and smart!, February 9, 2015
Wonderful. This book was made to be read by the author and his friends. I find myself loling in the car on a regular basis when I listen to Novak read his stories. Utterly hilarious, very VERY smart and insightful occasionally. Love this book and hoping he keeps writing and delighting me with his words. Read with different voices adds to the fun. Get the audiobook. Now.

Beautiful Ruins
Beautiful Ruins
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars whoa, November 30, 2014
This review is from: Beautiful Ruins (Kindle Edition)
He meanders, he travels in both time (as in years) and space (as in wide and varied locations). He plots and noodles, making me wish it was done and then wish that I'd never finish. Then he adds Dick and Liz to the plot. And the Fringe Festival. And Hollywood. What?? Somehow the threads all meet and a bumpy colorful gorgeous quilt of words is formed. In the end, I love Jess Walters' Beautiful Ruins. I wish I could start again.

Girls in White Dresses
Girls in White Dresses
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $8.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Ho hum ZZzzzzzzzzzz............., February 5, 2014
I can't believe I finished this book - or even started it! I picked up Ms Close's The Smart One first, fortunately from the library. The characters were so blah and off-putting and had relatively little story, let alone growth, that I came to Amazon reviews to see if I was missing the point. Others agreed with me and said Girls in White Dresses was much much better. So I picked it up. Omigosh, a big mistake. Though slightly more amusing, the book follows the lives, post college, of a group of the most inane, immature and endlessly whiny women to ever be put to the page. I barely recognized one character from the next, they were interchangeable and, well, blah. If these women are real, it's no wonder men have a problem with us, I couldn't stand them. I know others seem to love this book, but there was no character development or growth and so little story that it was like drinking a super watered down margarita....barely worth the bother of picking it up.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2014 5:15 PM PST

The Wolves of Midwinter: The Wolf Gift Chronicles
The Wolves of Midwinter: The Wolf Gift Chronicles
by Anne Rice
Price: $19.68
138 used & new from $0.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Thick, salty, rich and hot, just like Mama Rice used to make, February 3, 2014
A clear and cold night of the Wolf, served up with a hot rush of bloodthirst and gripping need. And a guttural sense of justice that fans the desire for the monster to survive and thrive. Though it's a perhaps slightly quieter journey than the Vampire Chronicles or the Mayfair Witches, The Wolf Gift Chronicles is rife with richly woven mysterious characters, a supremely likeable and delightful protagonist and a locale setting that is as inviting and alluring as Lestat's New Orleans. The house at Nideck Point sounds awesome!

Don't misunderstand the more velvety hushed tone, there's a big, dark critter or six whose late night hungers will make you clench during the wee hours when you can't put the books down, but they are served in equal bites with the sprawling romantic history of the beings, the mystical elaborate and almost sweet celebrations of selves, each other and holiday, and the tastes, aromas, textures of any beloved Anne Rice book. I was extremely fortunate to have completed The Wolf Gift just days before The Wolves of Midwinter was released, so I was able to continue the shadowy and romantic journey unscathed by the anxious yearning for more tales of Reuben and the Morphenkinder. But now I am anxious and unsettled while anticipating the third title and almost - but not quite - wisht I'd held out until all of the books have been completed, so I could continue to devour them in large gulps (similar to a Breaking Bad tv viewing marathon). Yet I am glad I didn't wait, because my current world would have been slightly less broodingly colorful and exciting.

Great great series, can barely hang on for more more more!

Stainless Steel Garnish Ribbon Curl Cutter
Stainless Steel Garnish Ribbon Curl Cutter
Offered by Utensil Pro
Price: $4.67
16 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Nifty tool!, September 1, 2013
I love this thing, so cool and the learning curve is minimal. I've only used it with potatoes so far and it's just great. Made lightly battered oven baked curly fries-yumm

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this hoodie!, July 25, 2013
The fabric is more of a woven cotton than typical sweatshirt material, cozy and very cute. Convenience of the built in headphones does not get old. Great top!

Elizabeth Street
Elizabeth Street
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweeping tale of family, May 20, 2013
This review is from: Elizabeth Street (Kindle Edition)
Fabiano's story, told in an easy and intimate prose, is by turns sweet, amusing, frightening and inspiring. Great first novel. Being a former New Yorker and currently working in Hoboken, and also being from an immigrant family that came through Ellis Island, this tale especially resonated with me and the history is fascinating. Thoroughly enjoyed!

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (The Mara Dyer Trilogy Book 2)
The Evolution of Mara Dyer (The Mara Dyer Trilogy Book 2)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Drat...it's a TV show I used to watch, May 9, 2013
I enjoyed the first book of the trilogy, the unbecoming of Mara dyer, quite a bit and looked forward to more slightly creepy and mysterious doings. While evolution of Mara dyer started fairly well, with similar notes as the first book, it quickly devolved into a similar outline as the TV show Heroes, with several characters having mysterious powers and a secret plot to get these individuals together, perhaps to study, perhaps to utilize their ability for evil or perhaps ... whatever, I'm so bored with this theme I could take a nap. I hope that book 3 gets back to the original mysterious core of the first book, but I fear it's too late and has ventured too far into the land of I've Been Here Before.

Someday, Someday, Maybe: A Novel
Someday, Someday, Maybe: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Light and funny, love Franny Banks, May 4, 2013
Truly an upbeat novel, funny and breezy. I kept picturing Lauren Graham as the lead (who wouldn't?) and her voice was clear throughout the book. Though it can be considered a beach read chick lit, Ms Graham showed a true NYC during the mid-nineties and though I am not an actor, as a visual artist, I completely related to Franny's insecurities and constant mental battles of how to be, how not to be and how to try and not show it, all while making people smile, or outright guffaw. Loved it!

Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case with Cover for iPhone 5 / iPhone 5S - White
Tech21 D3O Impact Snap Case with Cover for iPhone 5 / iPhone 5S - White
Offered by totaldigital stores
Price: $29.49
2 used & new from $29.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Easy broken corners, unusable, April 1, 2013
Update 4/10/13: I was still pretty peeved about the broken case and decided to contact the manufacturer in the UK to complain. After many emails, a lot of photos and proof of purchase, the company - Tech 21 - graciously offered to send an alternate case for my review. It hasn't arrived yet, though I expect it shortly and I will absolutely give it an honest and fair review after I've tried it out. For what it's worth, this was very decent of them and I'm convinced and pleased to know that this is a company that takes personal pride in their products. Good for them. More soon.

Original review:
I have the black version. I loved the look of this case. My husband bought this, then decided he wanted more protection, so I inherited it. I should've gone the same route... Great looking case, but a miserable failure at protection. I had this on my phone for a couple of months, dropped it a single time from about 2 1/2 feet and 2 of the corners broke; the upper left still barely holding on by the thin orange lining and the lower corner completely broken off. This breakage has rendered the case unusable and my phone sustained a fairly significant dent in the bevel on the lower right. Very unhappy. Do not buy this case unless you are 100% positive you will never accidentally drop your phone. According to their website, their warranty only covers manufacturers defects, not damages sustained during usage. Wish I'd read the warranty before using. Do not buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3