Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now
Profile for T. Scarillo > Reviews

Browse

T. Scarillo's Profile

Customer Reviews: 222
Helpful Votes: 1935

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Scarillo "music snob" RSS Feed (Studio City, CA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DII Home Essentials Foldable Fabric Storage Containers for Nurseries, Offices, Closets, Home Décor, Cube Organizers & Everyday Use, 11 x 11 x 11", Starburst Black - Set of 2
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good-sized, light duty decorative bins for storage, March 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are useful soft-side fabric-covered ‘boxes’, but the first thing I noticed about them when I unpacked/unfolded them, is that they really, really smelled awful (musty, rotten eggs). Like, very bad. Enough to make me wonder what they’re actually made from. I had to air them out for several days before the smell dissipated.

I used mine for holding chachkies and cd’s/dvd’s. If you wanted to put papers/documents and/or magazines in them, I’d recommend seeing if someone makes a larger one, as the 11 inch max on one side is exactly the size papers and magazines are, so it’s too tight a fit for that purpose. They have a fabric-coated bottom piece, but no lid (so dust might be able to get in there).

That said, the fabric they’re made of is actually pretty thick, so as long as you don’t use them for something so heavy-duty (i.e. I would not recommend trying to use these to carry stuff around, notwithstanding that they have handles), these should last a while. The handle and the 11 x 11 x 11 inch dimensions suggest that these would be useful if you have cube-style furniture, where you could basically turn these into decorative oversized drawers. They are not terribly expensive, so with functionality and affordability on their side, it’s easy to recommend them. Just be ready to thoroughly air these out before you use them.

Sunbeam Xpressheat Hourglass-Shaped Heating Pad, Purple
Sunbeam Xpressheat Hourglass-Shaped Heating Pad, Purple
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice very-large quick-heating pad, soft to the touch, February 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Sunbeam Xpressheat Hourglass-Shaped Heating Pad heating pad is a nice large size, and is very soft. I have owned several heating pads over the years, and in my opinion this is a really good one, particularly if you have a large area to cover (torso, leg, etc.). It features several settings for intensity of heat and is easy to prepare for ‘moist heat’, and I found that true to its name, it heats up quite quickly once activated. It’s also machine washable, which most heating pads are not (ordinarily, you would just wash a pad’s outer cover), but make sure to read the instructions on proper washing (and, make sure it’s completely dry after washing, before attempting to use it again). To facilitate washing, the cord is detachable from the pad unit itself. Like many other heating pads, it also has a 2 hour safety auto-shutoff to save energy as well as prevent issues if you should fall asleep. This pad is a bit more expensive than my usual heating pad, but seems to be a quality item that should last a while. The nice long cord should reach to your outlets, so you won’t need to use an extension.

Optima Collection Silver Level Complete Bath Set, includes 4 Bath Towels, 4 Hand Towels, and 4 Washcloths, 100% Eco-Friendly Pre-Consumer Regenerated Cotton
Price: $58.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice basic bath towel and washcloth set, January 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are nice, thick terry-cloth-like towels (I was provided with four-each of towels, hand-towels and washcloths, by Vine) – they’re not quite as soft as I thought they’d be, but they are not rough either (and are far softer than the towels I currently have). On the first washing, I had quite a bit of lint, but they did come out of the dryer about as soft as they were before they went in, so they seem to have held up pretty well. They dried very well in a normal dry cycle (I had them in with other laundry); despite the thickness, they did not require additional drying time. Not sure if these come in colors, as white would not have been my first choice, since it will eventually show stains/dirt. The hand-towels are a cut above the ones I got at Target, and are comparable to the mid-tier ones I got from Bed Bath & Beyond. These are recycled-cotton towels (i.e. made of cotton byproduct that would otherwise be discarded) so by utilizing these, we’re doing something somewhat environmentally responsible. I’m a household of one, so a package like this should theoretically get me set for a while, except that I like to use fresh washcloths daily (I have about 2 dozen on-hand already, and I usually go thru one or two bath towels a week as I hang them to dry). The bath towels are of decent size to what I already have, but some reviewers seem to wish they were larger, but they’re fine for my needs. (I understand other configurations of this towel set contain a bath mat, and additional washcloths, and based on what i tested, that would be a good value)

KitchenAid KBNSO12TZ Professional-Grade Nonstick 12" Thin Crust Pizza Pan Bakeware
Price: $27.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Very thick, durable quality pizza pan, January 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This pizza pan is very heavy – far, far thicker and heavier than the cheaper/thinner circular pizza pans I’ve been using for years (and which i periodically need to replace). I used it to cook store-bought frozen pizza, as well as re-heat pizzeria-pizza, and it heated everything very well and evenly. The non-stick surface wiped clean of oil and cheese/crust/crumbs quite easily, just using a paper towel. I also used it to bake chicken nuggets and tater tots, and it worked well for those foods as well. I have washed it by-hand (as the manufacturer suggests), rather than dishwasher, as I don’t want to wear the non-stick surface down. This is a good value, compared to the cheaper pans I’ve been using.

Cuisinart CIT-100 Silicone Tipped Locking Grill Tongs, 15.25-Inch
Cuisinart CIT-100 Silicone Tipped Locking Grill Tongs, 15.25-Inch
Price: $12.97
5 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set of tongs but they're quite large so consider how big your grill is before buying, December 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are good tongs if you’re looking for a set that is probably appropriate for a heavy duty/large gas/charcoal grill, given that the length of these is intended to allow you to safely reach over a large heating surface without burning your hand. I used these on my Teflon-covered electric indoor grill (which is decent-sized) and they worked well, turning over turkey and beef burgers with no problem, and the silicon tips were fine when they touched the hot cooking surface. I noticed that the tips were removable which came in handy in properly cleaning the tongs, since some residue got into the metal part by the tips. I was able to clean both the tips and the metal tong parts completely by removing the tips, and they went back on with no problems. People with smaller hands may have issues with getting enough gripping leverage on these, but for large hands and normal use, they’re fine. If you’re going to use these on an indoor /smaller grill, though, you might want to search for a smaller length, as they are quite large and you don’t need quite that length given the smaller grill size.

Samsonite Luggage Winfield 2 Fashion HS Spinner 28, Charcoal, One Size
Samsonite Luggage Winfield 2 Fashion HS Spinner 28, Charcoal, One Size
Price: $128.99
19 used & new from $119.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Took it to Europe & Asia, and i'm pleased with its performance, November 22, 2015
I took this case on a trip to Europe and Asia for 2 weeks, and i'm pretty pleased with the performance. It's quite spacious and allowed me to hold a week's worth of clothing plus other checked items (dopp kit, etc), and it stood up to handling pretty well. The handle could feel a bit more sturdy/not-wiggle a little, but that's my only issue. As for scratches, i had a couple of scuffs and a 2 inch scratch on it by the end of the trip (from handling) but overall, the finish still looks good, and there were no issues with the wheels nor the zipper & lock. The has a 2-zipper main zipper, plus an extra zipper if you need a little more room for the suitcase to expand (i didn't); the lock is a TSA-approved lock that secures the twin zippers thru holes in the pulls, and has a 3-digit combination you can set and re-set. Inside has linings in both compartments; one compartment has a zippered cover, and the other side has locking cross-belts to hold back your clothing. The suitcase itself is surprisingly light, so even loaded up, i think it weighed maybe 25 pounds for me.

Funko  POP Movies: Despicable Me 2 - Fire Alarm Minion Action Figure
Funko  POP Movies: Despicable Me 2 - Fire Alarm Minion Action Figure
Price: $9.54
109 used & new from $6.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cute and funny figure for my shelf; good conversation piece, November 22, 2015
Really excellent quality toy. When i was watching DM2, i nearly fell off the couch laughing when they opened the door and "Be-Doo" was there with the sirens on - i have this on my shelf as a reminder that some things in the world are "well-intentioned but probably not ultimately helpful". The only drawback is that this version does not have light-up lights, but it was priced right

AmazonBasics Wireless Mouse with Nano Receiver
AmazonBasics Wireless Mouse with Nano Receiver
Price: $11.49
2 used & new from $10.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive but completely what i needed, November 22, 2015
No-frills but very good mouse from the AmazonBasics line - has a micro-USB input, and is very ergonomic. Zen in its simplicity - i've had mine for about a month and a half, and love it.

Send Away the Tigers-Deluxe Edition
Send Away the Tigers-Deluxe Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice 2 CD Japanese Edition of my second favorite Manics ..., November 22, 2015
Nice 2 CD Japanese Edition of my second favorite Manics album (after "Everything Must Go"). You get a TON of b-sides here (an entire disc-plus) including three versions of their excellent cover of Rihanna's "Umbrella" which is otherwise unavailable on disc in the USA (we can't even buy it on iTunes due to territory lockout). The main album is a great return to form, with tight and energetic songs.

Oxford NY Men's V-Neck T Shirt, Black, XX-Large
Oxford NY Men's V-Neck T Shirt, Black, XX-Large
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Shirt size is strangely proportioned; not for the tall/long-torso'd, November 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This t-shirt, made of very nice & soft material, is problematic for me because while it is sized properly for a 2XL in terms of chest size, the shirt itself is not nearly long enough if you are tall and have a long torso, as I do. The material is nice, washes fine and didn’t shrink (I gave it 10 minutes of tumble dry and air-dried it on a plastic hangar). Had this shirt been longer, I would’ve given it 4 stars, but as-is, I can only possibly recommend it if you’re very stocky, or if you wear it under a longer shirt that extends past your waist; otherwise, you’ll need ripped abs because it’ll be ‘curtains-up’.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20