Profile for Laura > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Laura RSS Feed (Michigan)

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover, Fuchsia (does not fit Kindle or Kindle Touch)
Price: $39.99
19 used & new from $25.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Cover with one drawback, October 19, 2012
I bought this cover for the Kindle Paperwhite. It appears to be very well made. The cover folds completely around to the back, which is nice if you hold the Kindle with one hand. It fits very snuggly, so the Kindle will be well protected and not fall out. It has a wonderful feature that automatically turns the Kindle on when you open it and shuts it off when you close it. Great feature! The only con I have is that this cover is fairly weighty. My previous Kindle was the Keyboard model which is larger in size and that with the leather cover weighs less than this smaller Paperwhite with this cover. I would say this weighs twice as much, I was surprised. You do feel the difference when holding it for a long length of time. I wish it was a little lighter, but other than that it's a great cover.

Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen: Recipes from My Family to Yours
Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen: Recipes from My Family to Yours
by Beth Berman
Price: $22.06
109 used & new from $6.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cookbook for Real People, March 25, 2012
I am not a chef and I am not looking for complicated gourmet recipes, but in these days of pre-processed food, home cooking is becoming a lost art. I wanted a basic cookbook with down home recipes using basic ingredients that are easy to make and taste great. Bingo! A few recipes call for condensed soup but most are totally from scratch. An example of the recipes are buttermilk biscuits, fried chicken with milk gravy, meatloaf, BBQ ribs, stuffed pork chops and chicken and dumplings. The Chicken Pie recipe is so delicious and it's simple to make. I haven't tried the German Chocolate Cake that is Garth's favorite yet, but I hope to soon. Most of the recipes have an accompanying picture which is a nice feature. Trisha provides family stories behind the recipes and excellent little tips and tricks along the way. This cookbook is full of recipes that family and friends pass down to each other. Thanks Trisha for passing down yours.

Isotoner Women's Shortie Glove with Leather Palm Strips
Isotoner Women's Shortie Glove with Leather Palm Strips

4.0 out of 5 stars My Go To Gloves, March 25, 2012
I love these Isotoner gloves because they are unlined. You still have great finger dexterity with these on, which is why I use these more than any other glove. However, because they are not lined they definitely are not for outdoor activities, but they make a perfect driving glove. I have tried similar "knock off" versions but quality isn't there and the leather stripping usually comes loose. It doesn't with real Isotoner, so I stick with these. I can usually get a couple years wear out of them before they need replacing.

Neater Feeder for Dogs, Dog Bowl, Large, Cranberry
Neater Feeder for Dogs, Dog Bowl, Large, Cranberry
Price: $59.99
6 used & new from $55.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Feeding Station Out There, March 25, 2012
This a great design for a pet feeder for many reasons. First the bowls are made from stainless steel, not aluminum, which is better for your pet. The feeder is slighty sloped to the front where a grating allows any run off to collect in the compartment underneath and not your floor. The sides and back have a splash guard. My dog's food is watery and he tends to lap it all over the walls, not with this feeder. I have not seen a better designed feeder. This one is excellent.

Veranda Patio Bench Cover, Pebble, Fits Bench Seats up to 50" in Length
Veranda Patio Bench Cover, Pebble, Fits Bench Seats up to 50" in Length
Price: $28.71
34 used & new from $24.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Weather Protection, March 25, 2012
This cover was well made and lasted through the winter still looking brand new. It has tie down straps that clip around the legs so that the wind doesn't blow it off. Important feature, as the cover I used to use had blown off several times during winter storms. I bought this for my 48" glider and it fit nicely. Outdoor furniture is pricey and I don't have room to store it, so I needed a quality cover to protect it through winter. This one worked perfectly.

Wilton Disposable 16-Inch Decorating Bags, 12 Pack
Wilton Disposable 16-Inch Decorating Bags, 12 Pack
Price: $5.49
28 used & new from $3.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Frosting, March 25, 2012
I love the 16" bags for frosting cupcakes. Piping on the frosting gives them a professional look. The 12" bags (which is what you usually find in stores) aren't big enough and need to be refilled, which is messy. If you are just "decorating" the 12" bags are probably fine, but if you are "frosting", you really need the larger 16" size.

GRANDMA LUCY'S 844011 Artisan Grain Free Venison Food for Dogs, 10-Pound
GRANDMA LUCY'S 844011 Artisan Grain Free Venison Food for Dogs, 10-Pound
Price: $85.76
9 used & new from $84.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Finicky Eater Loves This, March 21, 2012
I have a black lab who is an extremely picky eater. Even though I had tried many excellent quality dog foods, mealtime was frustrating as he would refuse to eat and I would end up throwing the food away and trying again next mealtime. My local pet store recommended this for finicky eaters. They were right, he loves it. You measure out the dry food into a bowl and add water to reconstitute. My lab's nose immediately went up sniffing when the water was added. It has a nice aroma, it doesn't smell like traditional dog food. Now when the bowl is placed down, he's right there eating and he even comes back to the dish once or twice to make sure there isn't any left. I finally found something he likes and mealtime is peaceful again.

The Five Lessons You Learn After You're Dead
The Five Lessons You Learn After You're Dead
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother, December 13, 2011
The plot, man dies, goes to heaven and meets five people. Sound familar? That's because this book is a rip off from Mitch Albom's "The Five People You Meet In Heaven". Read that book instead.The Five People You Meet in Heaven
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2013 2:14 PM PDT

Noble Heart
Noble Heart
17 used & new from $7.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Storytelling at it's best, September 13, 2004
This review is from: Noble Heart (Audio CD)
I had the opportunity to hear Jack Gladstone during the "Native America Speaks" program while vacationing out in Glacier National Park. I immediately bought all of his CD's and this one is my favorite, although I adore "Buffalo Cafe" and "Tappin' the Earth's Backbone" as well. Jack Gladstone's songs are storytelling at their finest and his voice is clear and pure. History lessons have never been more fun! "Hudson Bay Blues" is the jewel on this CD which tells the story of Native American's introduction to the Hudson Bay Company. You won't want to miss the tribute to the far too long unsung heroes, the Navajo Code Talkers on the song with the same name. "Bright Path" tells the story of Jim Thorpe. "Old Shep" tells a remarkable story of the unlimited love of man's best friend. If you like listening to songs by someone who has something to say and a voice to say it with, this CD is for you.