Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Leo > Reviews

Browse

Leo's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Leo RSS Feed

West Bend 84905 5-Quart Oblong-Shaped Slow Cooker
West Bend 84905 5-Quart Oblong-Shaped Slow Cooker
Price: $35.47
114 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Advantage, January 14, 2013
Another advantage of this type of cooker is that it's small. I have a small kitchen. The sides are thin, so space isn't wasted on insulated "walls" with this. I'm getting ready to order this because I need a pliers to move the dial at this point. It must be 17 years old. I'm sticking with it because I don't want extra bulky appliances in my cabinets.

Swiss Diamond 10 Piece Set: Ultimate Kitchen Kit
Swiss Diamond 10 Piece Set: Ultimate Kitchen Kit
Offered by GoldBarGoods
Price: $589.00
30 used & new from $589.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I Love It and I'm Worried, March 6, 2010
I've been bragging to everyone about how lovely this 8.5 qt. stock pot is because clean up is a cinch and the non-stick quality is superior. Recently, after cleaning the pan I noticed a scratch that revealed the silver-colored metal underneath the non-stick surface as well as several other aggravated areas on the rim. I couldn't imagine how that happened. After examining its glass lid, I noticed the metal band that goes around the circumference of it (and comes in contact with the pot's rim) joins together and creates an unconnected, albeit close, seam. When I touched it, it felt sharp. Ah-hah! This must be what caused the damage. It seemed logical to me. The representative from Swiss Diamond looked at it and claimed it was caused by a metal utensil being banged against the rim. User error. Needless to say I'm disappointed. I don't recall banging a metal utensil against the rim. It seems obvious to me that, as absurd as it may sound in theory, practically speaking, the pan damaged itself. I sure hope the damage doesn't spread. The other thing I've noticed is some of the non-stick surface on the bottom is pilling. I'm bummed out. I feel angry, but I can't fight "city hall". I just hope this isn't the beginning of further degradation of the pan I love so much.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2011 11:10 AM PDT