Profile for Dr D > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 83

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dr D "Amazon Reviewer Since the 1990's" RSS Feed (USA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
VWTECH® Ergonomics Velvet Bluetooth Music Eye Mask Headphone Headset Earphones Stereo Speakers & Mic Blindfold Eye Patch Great for Travel & Sleep (Gray)
Offered by VWTECH
Price: $30.98
2 used & new from $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars this VWTECH mask is perfectly designed to block out light and play bluetooth music while being ultra comfortable, May 24, 2015
awww.... Perfection! I applaud the designer of this VWTECH Ergonomic velvet bluetooth music eye mask. I can not tell you how long I have used one device for playing audio and another for blocking out light while lying down but this mask combines the best of both.

First of all, as a mask, it blocks out all light while fitting very comfortably and softly against my face. I have sensitive skin that can be easily irritated by fabrics or detergents but this mask does not irritate my skin at all. It feels very comfortable. It is filled with memory foam for lots of comfort. The odor of most memory foam bothers my nasal passages but the foam in this VWTECH mask has no odor that my sensitive nose can detect. I received the purple one and it is a beautiful royal purple.

To charge, just unzip the zipper and plug into the micro-usb. Pair to "9ohonner". The audio quality is better than I expected for the current $30 price. But you not only get better than $30 audio quality but a quality mask as well! This is a great value!

I read the other reviews and don't quite get it. One reviewer said the speakers are positioned an inch too high. The speakers are 1 1/2 inches wide and take up the full width of the mask in the colored fabric portion right before it changes to the velcro strap. You need to position the strap over your ear opening as shown in the photos the manufacturer uploaded above. I know with most sleep masks, I put the band across the widest part of my head directly level with my eyes to keep the mask in the right position but since this is an audio player in addition to sleep mask, you position it over your ears. If you are sitting upright, it feels a little heavy on your nose and cheekbones because the weight is sitting on them. To fix this, simply lean your head back against a pillow or chair back or whatever and this sensation goes away because the weight is easily balanced again. If positioned over your eyes and ears while lying down, you don't even feel the weight imbalance and it is very comfortable. It is perfect for lying down or sitting with head relaxed slightly backwards on something supportive. Personally, I think the design is perfect in this aspect; the only fix would be to make the back strap as wide as the front sleeping mask which would be hot and less comfortable.

Another reviewer commented that they were returning this mask because "Controls are a bit awkward since the buttons are inside the soft fabric cover and there is no tactile indication of which one is being pressed while blindfolded wearing the mask. Taking the mask off to determine which button you are pushing is not acceptable to me." This is a mask to block out light so you can not visually see anything unless you take off the mask. I have no problem operating the controls while still wearing the mask. The controls are on a leather-like oval over the right ear which is easy enough to locate by touch while still wearing the mask. My middle three fingers fit the width of the oval. I know my middle finger is over the play button. My ring finger is over the next song button. My index finger is over the previous song button. This is easy to me and I think it would be easy for anybody that has a right hand with all fingers attached.

Personally, I wonder if those two complaints are from competitors because I think they don't really make much sense, but to each their own opinion. My opinion is this VWTECH mask is perfectly designed to block out light and play bluetooth music while being ultra comfortable at the same time. I love it.

It comes in a drawstring pouch for storage.

We received this item for evaluation and hope that you find our review helpful to you in making the right buying decision for you.
- Dr D “Amazon reviewer since the 1990's”

Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses for Baseball Cycling Fishing Golf Tr58 Superlight Frame (Black/Black)
Price: $45.98
2 used & new from $22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I prefer other Duduma Sunglasses, May 24, 2015
Although I I really like the look of these sunglasses, the pair I received from Duduma I have some concerns about as the harder lens pops in and out of the frame making popping noises. I much prefer the other frames I received (in the following order of preference):

Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses for Running Cycling Fishing Golf Tr90 Unbreakable Frame

Duduma Premium Full Mirrored Aviator Sunglasses w/ Flash Mirror Lens Uv400

- Dr D "Amazon reviewer since the 1990's"

Duduma Premium Full Mirrored Aviator Sunglasses w/ Flash Mirror Lens Uv400 (Silver frame/Pink mirror lens)
Price: $25.98
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars You get So Much Stylish Color for Only $13, May 24, 2015
I have the Silver frame/Pink mirror lens and the colors are fantastic! They are pink in the center and change from orange to gold at the edges inside of silver frames. If you know anybody that loves color, these are great gifts; for only $13, you could hand them out as party favors. These are lightweight and the lens looking out on mine have kind of that greenish brown gray sunglasses view. These are classic aviator shape covering your eyes with the frames outside of your vision. These are super cool!

- Dr D “Amazon reviewer since the 1990's”

Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses Sports Wrap for Running Cycling Fishing Golf Tr90 Unbreakable Frame (silver/black)
Price: $49.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Sunglasses come in a Pouch Made of Fabric that Cleans Your Lens, May 24, 2015
I love Duduma! These sunglasses come not only with a small square cleaning cloth but also a drawstring pouch to store your glasses in and the fabric of the pouch cleans your glasses! You can tell Duduma really cares about quality. Everything about what I received screams they want their customers experience to be wonderful and flawless.

With most $25 sunglasses you can see flaws where quality was sacrificed to keep the price down but these are flawless. They are lightweight, comfortable and sit close to brow to block out sun. I can not think of anything negative to say about these glasses. I love them.

- Dr D “Amazon reviewer since the 1990's”

Duduma Polarized Casual Sports Sunglasses for Baseball Cycling Fishing Golf Tr46 Unbreakable Multicolor Frame (white frame with black lens)
Price: $37.76
2 used & new from $18.88

5.0 out of 5 stars I can not think of any sunglasses that have felt more comfortable on my face and head than these., May 24, 2015
These may be my new favorite sunglasses. I love the unbreakable feature of them where they are super flexible. When you open and close them, even the lenses flex so it feels like these will never break over time from wear and tear or from dropping. This flexibility also helps with there being less pressure and a more custom comfortable fit feeling. These are really lightweight. I like that the bottom of the lenses are frame free to avoid blocking any part of your view or vision. It really fits very nicely on my face and head. I can not think of any sunglasses that have felt more comfortable on my face and head than these.

These came well packaged inside of plastic which was inside a storage drawstring pouch. Also enclosed is a small square lens cleaning cloth.

- Dr D “Amazon reviewer since the 1990's”

LotFancy® LCD Display Digital Wood Moisture Meter Model MD-812 - To Measure the Percentage of Water in Wood, Sheetrock, Carpets and More (Range 5% - 40% RH; Accuracy: 1%) (MD-812)
Offered by LotFancy
Price: $12.67
2 used & new from $12.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Moisture Meter, May 24, 2015
This LotFancy Digital Moisture Meter works great. You need a 9-volt battery which is not included. There is a manual included which covers everything you need to know with English on one side and Chinese on the other side. The manual says to remove the probe shield that protects the very sharp measuring probe pins with your finger but I was unable to do this. I had to use a screwdriver to pop off the shield. I tried a couple times to see if it would loosen up but each time I needed some more pressure and leverage than I wanted to exert on my finger. This can be used to measure the amount of water in wood, bamboo, paper, etc. This wrist strap on the unit or the unit's case is not large enough to get your hand into it and have it function as a wrist strap but you can fit all four fingers through each. It comes with a nice zippered case that is lined and has a pocket and a place that holds a small pen or something of that size. The meter also has a hold button to hold the reading so you can show it to someone else or take a photo or whatever.

The probe pins are very sharp and need to be inserted into the object approximately 5mm to get an accurate reading. 5mm is the height of one of the numbers on your ATM, debit, or credit card. 5 millimeters = 0.196850394 inch

- Dr D “Amazon reviewer since the 1990's”

Wireless Speaker by CoolStream Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Rechargeable Battery for Laptop, iPhone, iPad, and Samsung Galaxy.
Offered by CoolStream
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Full Sound for Such a Small Lightweight Portable Bluetooth Speaker, May 24, 2015
This CoolStream BTS201 CoolStream portable bluetooth speaker is my favorite for bringing into the backyard or beach for a nice full sound for such a small lightweight unit. The audio quality meets my expectations for this pricepoint. It pairs undre BTS201. It is a plus that in addition to playing through bluetooth, this speaker also has an audio in jack, usb flash drive and memory card. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery plays for 4 hours.

- Dr D “Amazon reviewer since the 1990's”

Visoule Premium Sport Wireless Running Workout Noise Isolation Bluetooth 4.0 in Ear Headphones Earbuds With Mic
Offered by VISOULE
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Audio Quality Exceeds Expectations in these Very Comfortable Lightweight Stable Bluetooth Stereo Headset, May 24, 2015
I love this Visoule BTH066 bluetooth stereo headset. The audio quality exceeds my expectations for the current $35 price especially in crispness in the full range of tones. Right out of the box, the curved style fits my ears with such stability that no ear hooks are required; I am very impressed with the comfort in my ears as other sets start feeling uncomfortable before too long but not these. I also like how lightweight they are. The controls are hanging from the left ear instead of the right if that matters to you. It is unusual to not have a case included but since just about every other headset does contain cases, I guess we all have more cases than we need already. If the lack of a case is the reason why we get such better audio and comfort quality for this price, I am all for it! However, if I was purchasing this as a gift for someone, I would give them a case too. Overall, this Visoule BTH066 is one of my favorites.

- Dr D “Amazon reviewer since the 1990's”

MYDEAL Lightweight Sweatproof Sports Bluetooth V4.1 A2DP Headband - Sports/running & Gym/exercise/fitness Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Headphones Headsets Stereo Speaker W/microphone Hands-free Call & Listen to Music for Iphone 6 plus 5s 5c 4s 4, Ipad 2 3 4 New Ipad Air, Ipod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, HTC, LG, Blackberry, Sony, Motorola, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices Blue
Offered by MYDEAL2015
Price: $32.98
2 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Listening to Meditations While Lying Down, May 23, 2015
I use this headband for listening to recorded meditations while lying down on my side and it works great for that purpose. The headband is soft and I actually have it over my eyes to block out light and the speakers still go over my ears just fine. The music can not be heard from far away but is fine when it is right in front of your ear. The audio quality is good for the price. The headband is very soft even on my face so it feels pleasant even to my sensitive skin. The stitching is good and I believe this will last a long time.

Only negative I see is that my universal micro-usb charger does not fit this so its included micro-usb has to be used and may be an issue if lost on finding something to fit that will charge it.

- Dr D “Amazon reviewer since the 1990's”

Adjustable Breathable Multifunction Oxford Dog Backpack Saddle Bag for Travel Camping Hiking -Black+Grey-Small
Offered by Biwin Inc.
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Made and More Durable than other Dog Saddlebags We Have, May 19, 2015
Petbaba's saddlebag is well made and durable. There are chest straps and tummy straps that are adjustable to hold this saddlebag in place. There is a top handle where you can lift your dog if needed or for you to carry the load until you are ready to place on your dog. I checked all the stitching and the zippers and found them all to be perfect without issue. It is lined with comfortable material for your dog who in most cases has a coat to protect their skin any way. Currently the middle picture shown on Amazon is of a bag different from the top and bottom photos; the one I received is like the top and bottom photos shown on Amazon. I believe this dog saddlebag to be more durable than the other saddlebags we have and we like it very much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20