ARRAY(0xd93cf680)

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JayDogSqueezy "Jay" RSS Feed (Ohio)

Page: 1 | 2
Zoofari - Switch Plate Cover
Zoofari - Switch Plate Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but no two switch version, February 29, 2012
This review is from: Zoofari - Switch Plate Cover
I bought this to match the rest of our Zoofari collection. I should have paid more attention though- our nursery has a two-light switch plate instead of one, and the manufacturer does not seem to make one of these compatible. Still, it was very cute, and I actually kept it and used it as a template to make my own plate from acrylics and polymer clay.

Tiger Claw Black Practice/Demo Foam Nunchuck 8" with Chain
Tiger Claw Black Practice/Demo Foam Nunchuck 8" with Chain
Offered by Shop @ Wyngate
Price: $13.05
3 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much exactly what you expect, February 29, 2012
This was a Christmas gift for a nephew, and I've heard he enjoys them. I had a set almost exactly the same as a kid, a fun and relatively safe toy for the martial artist in your nursery.

Samsung USB 2.0 External Optical Drive SE-S084D/TSBS Super WriteMaster, Slim External DVD Writer (Gloss Black)

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional, but inconveniently designed, February 29, 2012
So far, my only complain with this drive is the requirement of two USB ports, and the cord provided to connect them. I bought this at the same time as my 12.5 inch Samsung Laptop. I was all ready to give it a go, but the drive requires you to plug the drive into two USB spots. My particular laptop only has two USB ports total, they are located on opposite sides of the machine, and the cord provided from this external drive cannot reach across without an additional USB extender.

Once I purchased an extender, it seems to work fine, but I was a bit annoyed at the inconvenience and additional cords I need to carry around for an occasional use item.

The South Beach Diet Cookbook
The South Beach Diet Cookbook
by Arthur Agatston
Price: $23.94
1100 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent recipes, February 23, 2012
We've made about 30% of the recipes in this book, and have yet to be disappointed. Very pleased with everything so far, and the results from the diet in general.

Zoofari - Hamper
Zoofari - Hamper

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and functional., February 23, 2012
This review is from: Zoofari - Hamper (Baby Product)
Gets the job done, and goes well with the rest of the nursery. Seems to fit an appropriate amount of clothing. My wife is happy with it, my newborn couldn't care less.

rooCASE Neoprene Sleeve Case Cover, 12.1-Inch, For Samsung NP350U2B-A01 Notebook - Dual Pocket Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Oversized for the product., February 23, 2012
I was hoping that my laptop would slide in like a glove, since this product seems to have been made directly for it. Instead, there is about an inch of excess material around the top and side of the lap top. The material is a little too stretchy for my taste. If you use the front pocket for anything besides a CD or two, it winds up looking pregnant. I don't use this case very much, electing instead for a laptop-compatible book bag.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2012 11:33 AM PDT

Moldmaking & Casting Brush-On Starter Kit
Moldmaking & Casting Brush-On Starter Kit
Offered by Blick Art Materials
Price: $66.13
2 used & new from $66.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed., February 23, 2012
I used this product as my first foray into molding and casting polymer clay figures. Everything worked very well, exactly as described. Directions were easy to follow, none of the materials had any significant odor, and were overall pleasant to work with.

Game of Thrones: Ice, the Sword of Eddard Stark
Game of Thrones: Ice, the Sword of Eddard Stark

3.0 out of 5 stars A neat conversation piece, feels a little like a toy., February 23, 2012
Perhaps my expectations were a bit high, but I was hoping for a more solid feel. The length and weight of the sword causes noticeable deflection when it's held parallel to the ground, giving it sort of a wobbly presentation. The ornamentation at the center of the cross guard is not flush with the blade itself, which would have given it a little more support- instead there is a wedge shaped gap on both sides that is an issue both esthetically and functionally. Soft leather handle has a nice feel, but you can feel the leather shift and rotate as you handle it- feels like it would tear if the sword was actually wielded.

I was expecting the blade to be butter-knife dull, but the side of it is about 2 mm of blunt metal with barely a hint of an edge. The blade itself has grooves incised into the metal that have been darkened- the Valyrian steel pattern is not so much part of the blade but feels like an afterthought they carved in. Again, it makes for an ok appearance, but feels cheap when you run your hand down the blade. Some of the ornamentation and gold is a little scuffed, but not enough that it presents a problem on casual inspection.

Signed certificate by GRRM seems authentic and is a nice touch.

The mount that comes with seems very cheap, and displays "Winter Is Coming" directly above the "Winter Is Coming" carved in the sword. Looks redundant to say the least, so I'm making my own mount.

I was hoping to use this to demolish a Joffrey pinata, but to be honest, I'm not sure the replica would hold up against paper maiche. Overall, a neat conversation piece, but not what I was hoping for.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2012 6:42 PM PST

Gripmaster Hand Exerciser Red, Medium Tension (7-Pounds per Finger)
Gripmaster Hand Exerciser Red, Medium Tension (7-Pounds per Finger)
Price: $11.61
36 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid purchase, February 23, 2012
This review is from: Gripmaster Hand Exerciser (Sports)
Overall, exactly what I expected. Sturdy, with a nice solid grip. The individual finger rests are a nice touch, takes away a lot of the wrist strain i've noticed with single hinge models.

Perler Beads 1,000 Count-Black
Perler Beads 1,000 Count-Black
Offered by 425-TOYS
Price: $3.19
24 used & new from $1.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Bees?, September 23, 2011
Nice bead pack, exactly as described. Works well with other perler products and seems to integrate as expected with different perler beads from other sources.

Page: 1 | 2