Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for Alaina > Reviews

Browse

Alaina's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alaina RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Manic Panic Virgin Dreamtone Gothic Foundation Vampire White
Manic Panic Virgin Dreamtone Gothic Foundation Vampire White
Offered by Etailz
Price: $9.95
11 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Mix, mix, mix!, June 9, 2015
Perfect for those too-dark foundations! I am one of those ultra pale people who bordered on accepting having a slightly orange face, but not anymore! This really is the must have item for those of you constantly struggling to find foundation in the right shade. I would definitely recommend shaking before every use. Adding this to my foundations (whether high quality or drugstore brands) lightens them while keeping the coverage the same, maybe even better. I've also blended it into my too dark concealers with much success, too. I haven't had any adverse effects while using this product, despite having sensitive skin. I'll update it that changes. Definitely going to be repurchasing.

Professional Studio Quality 12 Piece Natural Cosmetic Makeup Brush Brushes Set Kit with Pouch Case Bag
Offered by Karity
Price: $89.47
4 used & new from $14.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Lackluster & left me hurting, April 22, 2015
I'm in awe of the reviews for these brushes because I've had a relatively unpleasant experience with them. One of my qualms with these brushes is how harsh they feel against my face. Despite washing them after purchase, I found them to be very coarse and almost sharp against my face... felt like little needles each time I put on product using any of the larger brushes. Don't get me wrong, the smaller brushes are great!

My biggest issue with these brushes: how easily individual strands come out of the larger brushes while I'm applying makeup. Not a morning goes by where I put foundation on my face without a fiber or five coming off on my face. I'm not applying product harshly (no one should), so I don't understand why they come out with such ease...

This is the second set of brushes I've used, the first being a Kirkland brand set (much softer; much more durable). Maybe I got a bad bunch, but I definitely wouldn't recommend these to a friend and am looking currently looking elsewhere.

I'm giving this product three stars instead of two because the smaller brushes work as expected and the price of the set is good for what you get. If I could give the larger brushes an individual review, it'd definitely be 2 out of 5 stars.

COVERGIRL Lineblast 24 Hour Eyeliner, Enduring Black, 0.02 Ounce
COVERGIRL Lineblast 24 Hour Eyeliner, Enduring Black, 0.02 Ounce
Offered by Name Brand Overstock
Price: $7.42
7 used & new from $7.42

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh, no., September 26, 2014
While the compact size is nice and fits well into my purse, this eyeliner cost way too much for the short period of time it lasted. I bought this September 1st; it has been less than three weeks and this eyeliner is near useless.

I will NEVER buy this product again and I can't recommend you buy it. More or less a waste of money.

MPERO FLEX FLIP Wallet Case for Samsung Galaxy S III I9300 T999 I747 - Black
MPERO FLEX FLIP Wallet Case for Samsung Galaxy S III I9300 T999 I747 - Black
Offered by Exuby
Price: $14.95
6 used & new from $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A couple of design flaws, but good overall., June 20, 2014
Overall, I don't regret making this purchase, but sometimes I wonder if I should have shelled out the couple extra bucks to get one of the higher quality wallet cases. Well worth the price regardless.

Cons:
- the magnet being on the right side of the case leads to the magnet potentially touching the screen when the case is open
- cannot lie down in certain positions with the phone case without the magnet getting in the way of the screen
- the phone charger that came with my S3 does not fit snuggly in the charger while the phone case is on & it's often wiggling around, which could potentially cause damage to the charging dock (I have used another charger and it has fit perfectly, but I don't intend on buying/using an Amazon kindle charger for my phone). I do not recommend using the phone while it's charging if you're looking to prevent damage
- the two card holders often hold the cards put inside TOO WELL; there have been times the entire inner part of the card holders have come inside out while removing cards

Pros:
+ sturdy, durable, of pretty high quality
+ protects phone perfectly
+ sleek and stylish
+ can fit 2 cards in each slot without scuffs on screen or difficulty closing
+ even when the magnet has touched the screen of my phone, it's never caused any damage; it's merely an inconvenience

4 Pairs 925 Sterling Silver Small Endless Hoop Earrings for Cartilage, Nose or Lips, 10mm 12mm 14mm & 24mm
Offered by Silver Line
Price: $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars a deal for the price, March 20, 2014
Pros:
+ can wear in the shower! no rusting, wear, or anything of the sort
+ sterling silver
+ multi-use (lips, ears, etc)

Cons:
- pretty difficult to latch, especially at the tops of the ears (I needed a friend to help me; you might too)

These are a steal at this price. If I could give the seller any recommendations, I would offer the 10mm and the 12mm twice over for the same price as I doubt I'm ever going to use the 14mm and the 24mm.

Can't give it five stars because the fragility and difficulty of the latch.

Burt's Bees Sensitive Eye Cream, 10g
Burt's Bees Sensitive Eye Cream, 10g
Price: $9.79
33 used & new from $9.79

2.0 out of 5 stars maybe it's just me..., March 13, 2014
After extended regular use (daily for 3-4 weeks) I developed little bumps under and around my eyes. I'm not disputing that it works for other people, I'm sure it does, but I bought this stuff specifically because I have sensitive skin, and it didn't help much. It actually made things worse. I wouldn't recommend it to friends/family, but I'm happy to hear that it seems to be working for most people.

August WT605N - FM Transmitter - In Car MP3 Player and Charger with iPod connector / 3.5mm Audio In / USB Charging Port

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the price, February 18, 2014
Pros:
+ at ~$20, this transmitter works as well as the more expensive transmitters
+ highly recommended for iPods; it charges as it plays!
+ remote control is useful for those sitting in the back seat
+ great design in terms of mp3 holder; held sturdy and in place

Cons:
- battery not included for remote
- static at times (but it's expected)
- bad design in that it can get in the way of stick shift

If you're looking for a budget transmitter, this is the one to go for.

Diane Wave Brush, 100% Soft Boar Bristles
Diane Wave Brush, 100% Soft Boar Bristles
Price: $3.99
18 used & new from $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, February 18, 2014
Pros:
+ price
+ great for smoothing
+ helps prevent split ends
+ works well as a brush for small children and babies

Cons:
- definitely doesn't seem like 100% boar bristle
- doesn't brush hair; doesn't rid hair of tangles (although that's not really the purpose of this brush according to my research)
- soft to a fault; wouldn't recommend to someone with exceedingly thick hair

Caress Body Wash, Scarlet Blossom, 18 Ounce
Caress Body Wash, Scarlet Blossom, 18 Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, February 11, 2014
Considering this is a more "budget body wash," I was very impressed with the quality. The smell sticks around and you don't have to use an absurd amount to get it to do so.

Maybelline New York Eye Studio Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner, Black, 0.037 fl. Oz.
Price: $6.39
22 used & new from $6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars I've never used a better eyeliner, January 2, 2014
Pros:
+ as precise as advertised
+ great for eyeliner beginners
+ easy to apply
+ long lasting
+ (mostly) waterproof

Cons:
- the tip frays (albeit infrequently)
- not as quick dry as expected (I have to keep my eyes closed for anywhere from 15-30 seconds after applying)

I'm more than likely never going to purchase another eyeliner. If you're looking for an easy to use liquid eyeliner, your search is over!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3