Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for UBizz > Reviews

Browse

UBizz's Profile

Customer Reviews: 615

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

UBizz "UR" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Shoes Come First: A Jennifer Cloud Novel (Jennifer Cloud Series Book 1)
The Shoes Come First: A Jennifer Cloud Novel (Jennifer Cloud Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars entertaining time travel book, June 27, 2016
I got this book for free after seeing it on one of my free book alerts. I did not the author or the series but decided to try it. I love time travel books and this one did not disappoint. Jennifer Cloud inherits a strange necklace from her Great Aunt and by accident figures out that she can time travel. In this book she travels back to year of our Lord 1568 and then 1915. Prior to learning that she can time travel, Jennifer is sort of lost regarding her purpose and when she learns she has "the gift"; she also finds her purpose. I love the characters in the book (especially Gertie and Ace) and I would want to read further in the series to see what else happens.

Dead Girls Don't Blog (Murder Blog Mysteries Book 1)
Dead Girls Don't Blog (Murder Blog Mysteries Book 1)
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, June 24, 2016
I got this book for free after seeing it on a free book alert. I did not know the author or the series but thought it would interest me. I liked the book and it found that it was actually better than I thought it would be. I liked the fact that there was a juxtaposition between the events in 1996 and current events and the book was a fast read. I enjoyed the dynamic of the friendships and family relationships in the book. There were some smile wide moments for me but no laugh out loud ones. I would recommend to others with an interest in this kind of genre.

Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay read - falls flat in second half, June 15, 2016
This review is from: Follow You Home (Kindle Edition)
I chose this book as a Kindle First read because the premise seemed interesting and due to the number of reviews. The book started out really good and it held my attention so much that when I was not reading it, I was thinking about wanting to get back to reading it. Then the secret mystery started to be revealed and I have to say that it all fell flat for me after that. I finished the book, but really scratched my head after it was over because it's almost like the author could not decide what he wanted the book to be and the plot became so convoluted that it was really unbelievable.

Children's Books: Hilly Discovers Her Feelings: Kids books about growing up and facts of life ages 2-8 ((bedtime stories) (values) (colorful picture books) Book 3)
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good message, June 4, 2016
I got this book for free after seeing it on a free book alert. I was familiar with the author and the series because we have book 1 and 2. This one was cute and it was different scenarios to help the child identify the emotion she was having such as anger, sadness disappointment but also to tell them that it is okay to have the feeling but not to hold onto it too long and release it like a balloon. My 5 year old had already identified and named these feelings so this was not news to her but I can see that the book would be really great for a child who is trying to identify a feeling.

The Hitwoman Gets Lucky (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman Book 3)
The Hitwoman Gets Lucky (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay -did not get the laughs I wanted, June 4, 2016
I got this book for free after seeing it on a free book alert. I did not know the series or the author. When I got the book I did not realize it that it was only 81 pages long so I finished it in an hour or less. The book was okay. I thought the concept of Margaret (Mags) being able to talk to her dog (Doomsday aka DeeDee) and her lizard Godzilla (AKA God) would bring some great laughs but I only kind of smirked once in 81 pages so that is not enough for me to move forward with any other books in this series.

Brightley & Glow
Brightley & Glow

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute brotherly love story, June 4, 2016
This review is from: Brightley & Glow (Kindle Edition)
I got this book for free when it was on a free book alert and it was added to the night time reading rotation for a 5 year old. Brightly and Glow are brothers but one is a shooting star and the other is a shining star. When the shining star is ready to leave to grant wishes he has a hard time leaving his brother. Their love for one another is so great that their wish is granted and they both get to be shooting stars together.

Hire This Penguin: Salary: Five Fish A Day (Garson the Penguin)
Hire This Penguin: Salary: Five Fish A Day (Garson the Penguin)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!, June 4, 2016
I got this book for free after seeing it on a free book alert. The book was added to the night time reading rotation for a 5 year old. Garson works at a restaurant and is a good server and no one seems to have an issue with him working there until the health inspector shows up. Garson leaves so the owners don't have to shut down and tries different jobs until he finds himself at the library. He becomes popular at the library with everyone but the head librarian until... he proves while doing a very kind act and after that wins the head librarian over and gets to keep his new job at the library.

Cora the Cow Loses Her Spots: A Silly Book About Self-Acceptance and Helpful Friends (Cora the Cow Early Reader Bedtime Story Books 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, June 4, 2016
I got this book for free after seeing it on a free book list to add to a 5 year old's night time reading rotation. The book is cute. Choco is resting outside the barn when the cat accidentally knocks over a can of white paint that covers her spots without her knowledge. Choco then sets out on the farm to find her spots. Eventually she finds the farmer who quickly figures out the problem and helps her find her spots again.

Heaven to Betsy (What Doesn't Kill You, #5): An Emily Romantic Mystery
Heaven to Betsy (What Doesn't Kill You, #5): An Emily Romantic Mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, June 4, 2016
I got this book for free after it kept repeatedly appearing on several free book alerts. This was my first book in the series and my first time reading this author. I liked the story, but felt like the end was wrapped up a little too fast.

Emily has returned from a life in Dallas to Amarillo due to unforeseen circumstances in her personal life. In the process of trying to figure out where to go with her life she is hired as a paralegal for a criminal law practice. As she and her boss (Jack) work on a murder case, Emily becomes consumed with trying to find the client's 6 yr old daughter that has gone missing. The search for the child uncovers a criminal operation and ultimately a race to save herself and the child ensues. There are romantic aspects to the book and it is an enjoyable read.

The Oys & Joys
The Oys & Joys
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoybale Read, June 1, 2016
This review is from: The Oys & Joys (Kindle Edition)
I got this book for free after seeing it on one of my free book alerts. I love Yiddish phrases and knew that this book would interest me for that reason alone. The book was good and I enjoyed reading about the friendship between Grace, Sassy, Ruby and Lizzie. I can only hope that I will have such wonderfully supportive and funny friends when I reach my golden years.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20