Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Hal von Luebbert > Reviews

Browse

Hal von Luebbert's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Hal von Luebbert "H.A.L." RSS Feed (Texas, USA)

Tempest in the Stone
Tempest in the Stone
by Timothy, N. Stelly Sr.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tempest is a good read., January 30, 2008
This review is from: Tempest in the Stone (Paperback)
I bought the book some time ago, read it recently - as did my wife. It's an engrossing story, with interesting characters who are well developed by the author. Insights into another culture are in themselves worth the book's price. I'll buy Tim Stelly's next book, too, expecting it to be even better. Hal von Luebbert

Like a Rock
Like a Rock
42 used & new from $7.59

5.0 out of 5 stars The U.S. may owe Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band more than it knows . . ., May 18, 2007
This review is from: Like a Rock (Audio CD)
When IRS had destroyed everything I worked all my life for, and driven from me all I cared about, I fought with myself lest I let the monster I was fighting make of me a monster. One night, in the Arizona desert on a WalkMan radio, I heard "like a Rock." It made all the difference.

Bloodthirsty Bitches and Pious Pimps of Power: The Rise and Risks of the New Conservative Hate Culture
by Gerry Spence
68 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Argue and Win Every Time . . ., May 18, 2007
That's another of Gerry Spence's books, and anyone who reads "Bloodthirsty Bitches . . ." will see why he does. This book is on the money - irrefutable. Hate sells, and the public discourse has reached its nadir. We're in a lot of trouble.

Enemy Ace: War in Heaven
Enemy Ace: War in Heaven
by Garth Ennis
24 used & new from $10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Heroes Have Every Nationality, January 18, 2007
As a collector of comic books and comic book art, I rate this highly. As a writer, I consider that the character, Enemy Ace, is so good I wish I'd created him. The story, too, is really excellent. Hans von Hammer is a real hero, the kind children nowadays see far too seldom. Excellent saga, excellent comic book.

Have Gun Will Travel - The First Three Seasons
Have Gun Will Travel - The First Three Seasons
DVD ~ Richard Boone

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Hero - Meaning an Excellent Lesson for Today., January 18, 2007
I created the character Paladin in 1953, competing as a student in what I thought was a national short story contest. The name and black apparel came from my dog, Jado's Moonlight Paladin, a black Labrador. I had already then acquired a reputation for study of the old gunfighters, knighthood, and the like, and the character was my idea of a hero. The series had its ups and downs, but the best of it was superb. The DVDs are excellent, a quality product in every detail. I'll buy the rest of the series as soon as I've seen the set I have.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2009 1:35 PM PDT