Profile for Paul I. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paul I. RSS Feed (Illinois, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Grease 2
Grease 2
DVD ~ Michelle Pfeiffer
Offered by Phase 3, LLC
Price: $7.79
159 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Greaseless, July 12, 2006
This review is from: Grease 2 (DVD)
Grease 2 is not as good as the first one. I got this DVD the day before yesterday from Walmart for $5.99 and I thought John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John were going to be in this one and I thought the plot was that it showed what Danny and Sandy did after they graduated High School in the first movie but instead this movie is about another class and it takes place in 1961. The songs don't even sound like '60s, they sound like '80s and Michelle Pfeiffer wears more modern clothes. And The T-Birds are more stupid than the original ones by being more insulting. The only song I liked was that song the class sang with the Science teacher "Reproduction". The first movie is way better than this. No wonder they didn't make Grease 3.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Full Screen Edition)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Full Screen Edition)
DVD ~ Johnny Depp
Price: $4.58
503 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie!, June 8, 2006
I wouldn't say this movie is as good as the first one but it's good. Willy Wonka (Johnny Depp) looked better. He had a nice haircut. I would like to get one like his. The songs however were better. My two favorites were Veruca Salt and Mike Teevee. Veruca Salt's song sounded like a song from 1969. And that Hard Rock band that was playing on Mike Teevee's song reminded me of that band KISS and it also sounded like that song by Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody." When I heard this movie came out, I felt as though this was sort of like a historic moment because this is like the sequel to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971) since the old movie was made 34 years ago as of last year and that's a pretty long time for a sequel to come out. I don't know why Tim Burton wanted to use just a 100 Deep Roys as Oompa Loompas. He could've used other actors who are Midgets like Warwick Davis or Verne Troyer. The plot is sort of the same where Charlie Bucket (Freddie Highmore) and his family are poor and there are 5 Golden tickets in any 5 Wonka bars. Later on Charlie finds it and he tours the Chocolate factory with 4 other kids Augustus Gloop (Philip Wiegratz) who eats so many Candy Bars a day, Veruca Salt (Julia Winter) who gets everything she wants because her father Mr. Salt (James Fox) is rich, Violet Beauregarde (AnnaSophia Robb) who chews gum all day long and also won many trophies for activites, and a nerdish kind of guy Mike Teavee (Jordan Fry) who likes watching TV and playing Video Games but hates Chocolate and Mr. Wonka. While in the factory, they don't listen to Mr. Wonka and do what they want to do and don't win the factory. However Charlie won the factory and also shows some new stuff not in the original movie like what the kids looked like after their incidents and Mr. Wonka lands his glass elevator into Charlie's poorhouse and tells his family he won the Chocolate factory but Mr. Wonka says he cannot bring his family with him so Charlie turns down the offer. Things turned out a little better for the Bucket family but not for Willy. Then later on Charlie is Polishing Shoes and Willy Wonka comes to get his shoes Polished and after Charlie talks about Willy, Willy reveals himself and says why he doesn't want Charlie's family to come to the factory because they tell you what to do and what not to do but Charlie tells him that they're just trying to protect you because they love you and later on Charlie takes Mr. Wonka to see his Dad, Dr. Wilbur Wonka who's a Dentist and actually before this part, it mentions about Willy's childhood. Wilbur didn't want Willy to eat one piece of chocolate or candy. But later on Willy likes it and starts eating just that and Wilbur doesn't like it so Willy runs away and that's how he ran the chocolate factory. Because of this, Willy didn't want to see his Dad but Wilbur recognizes Willy and realizes how much he loved Willy so Willy changes his mind and makes the offer to Charlie again about the factory and gives it to him under one condition, he brings his family along. Anyway, this was a pretty good movie, I thought it wasn't gonna be better than the first movie but it actually was and I recommend it to everyone especially Johnny Depp fans.

I Love Toy Trains, Part 1 [VHS]
I Love Toy Trains, Part 1 [VHS]
VHS
Offered by eFast
Price: $27.70
19 used & new from $1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Video Series!, April 5, 2006
I Love Toy Trains is a great video series. I've been watching since 1996. This video series isn't really that popular but my Dad knows about it because he's heard the bloopers song for 10 years now! And also I would invite my friend Brian over and we would watch I Love Toy Trains. We thought it was funny whenever trains crashed or the man said "Oh No!" How I heard about this series was I loved trains since I was 2 and I would look for some train-related videos at my library and then I ran upon this. And later on I started getting the other volumes. So far I got Part 1-3 which was all 3 in one VHS and Part 4, Part 5, and Part 7-9 which was all in one DVD. This I Love Toy Train series has mostly Lionel Trains and very few HO Trains there are some G-Gauge and Marklin. It contains layouts from great layouts such as Ward Kimball, Stan Roy, Warren Frost, etc... And also has some great songs by Jim Coffey. Jeff McCommas didn't host until Part 5 then he started hosting the other volumes. In part 9, he looked hot with his hair spiked up! This is a great video series and for any train fan!

Greatest Hits - HIStory, Vol. 1
Greatest Hits - HIStory, Vol. 1
Price: $7.00
105 used & new from $1.97

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the One!, March 28, 2006
This CD has some of Michael Jackson's biggest and best hits such as Billie Jean, Bad, Thriller, and his most popular Beat It. As unusual as when I usually get CDs, almost all of the songs on this CD are my favorite. Mostly when you get a CD, you only have 1 or 2 favorites and a lot of songs your stuck with that you don't want. This album is not like that. But the only ones I don't like or care for are She's Out Of My Life, I Just Can't Stop Loving You, Man In The Mirror, The Girl Is Mine, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', and Heal The World. I heard about Michael Jackson a long time ago then in 2002, I listened to one of the song samples here on Amazon which was Billie Jean. I liked it, so I got this CD and liked most of the songs on this Album. It's too bad he got arrested and I think he's innocent. I know a few guys that don't like Michael Jackson but I don't know how they cannot like him. Michael Jackson is one of the greatest Pop singers of all time and he will always be. I love you Michael!

A Century of Legendary Lionel Trains
A Century of Legendary Lionel Trains
DVD ~ Tom Snyder
Price: $14.99
14 used & new from $4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars It'll Bring Back your Childhood Memories!, January 4, 2006
This Video is an anniversary of the first 100 years of America's Favorite Model Train. Lionel! Tom Snyder hosts this special and this video shows the history of Lionel, some of the Classic Lionel Trains before World War II. This is actually containing two videos and in the second video, it shows the guy who brought back Lionel Trains, Richard Kughn. President of Lionel and it's Marketing. Also it shows some of Lionels biggest accessories too such as, the most favorite Milk Car, Water Tank, Cattle Car w/ loader to load cows. And also shows some old ads and what caught on the interest for Lionel trains. I got an old tin poster that my helping teacher gave me in 3rd Grade. It is the one from 1955 with a boy with his hands up and 6 trains below a bridge. I'm not much of a Lionel lover because I model with HO Scale trains and accessories. I used to be interested in Lionel though when I got my first Lionel set in December, 2001 as a birthday present. Then later on, I bought a Pipe Car which is a flatcar and I asked my cousin for a Milk Car on Christmas, it was the same thing only it was a Cola Car. But it did exactly what the Milk Car did, throwing cans out onto the platform. But later on in July, 2002, I started to go onto HO but I still like Lionel though and this video is for any Lionel lover out there. And it will bring back your childhood memories as well. Especially if you were a Lionel fan then.

Building Your First Model Railroad [VHS]
Building Your First Model Railroad [VHS]
VHS
14 used & new from $0.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for a Beginner., January 4, 2006
Wanna learn how to build a Model Railroad but wanna keep it simple? Well this is the Video for you then! Actor and Model Railroad Enthusiast Michael Gross hosts this Video on Building your First Model Railroad! I don't have this Video but it was a Bonus Video on one of the DVDs I got from Kalmbach Publishing. "Layouts, Modeling Tips, and Prototype Railroads." This video gives you the basics on building a model railroad. Track, Scenery, etc... Michael doesn't offer too many tips however he tells you how to weather your buildings to make them look realistic. Michael doesn't really show you this stuff, he just narrates it and a guy named Dick shows you how to do the stuff Michael tells you. It is a pretty simple layout to build and mine is actually bigger than this one and more better too. And if you want to build a better layout, check out David Methlie's Stoney Creek & Western on January 2006-March 2006 issues of Model Railroader. In those three issues, it shows step by step how to build The Stoney Creek & Western. However this Video will do good for a beginner. I recommend it for Beginners.

Spider-Man 2 (Full Screen Special Edition)
Spider-Man 2 (Full Screen Special Edition)
DVD ~ Tobey Maguire
Price: $9.47
688 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, September 16, 2005
This movie was better than the first. But MJ looked more prettier in the First Movie. It was pretty neat that Sam Raimi brought the EXACT SAME characters as the first one such as JK Simmons, James Franco, Rosemary Harris, and also there was that small appearance of The Green Goblin at nearly the end of this movie. This is a good movie. And it's about where Peter Parker (Tobey MacGuire) has a few difficulties, first he got fired from his job at the Pizza Place for being late and he goes to college. He's late then too. But also he doesn't pay the rent as of his apartment. But the main part, Harry Osbourn (James Franco) takes him to meet his friend Dr. Otto Octavious (Alfred Molina). Also known as 'Dock Ock' or Doctor Octopus. Because Peter is writing a paper on Octavious. Then the next day, Harry takes Peter to see Dr. Octavious and his creation of the tentacles but there is a bad malfunction along the way that destroys Octavious' plans and makes Harry mad. He's even more mad when he sees Spider-Man after saving Harry's life. Then his wife Rosie gets killed after a piece of glass goes into her eyes. Now Octavious is thinking about the stuff that went wrong and if he's going to drown the destroying tentacles down the river, Octavious is going to have to go with the tentacles. So now, he decides to be a villian wrecking the city and being mean. But then later on, Peter goes to his friend Mary Jane's play but has to catch a couple of villians. This causes him to be a little late and the Snooty Usher (Bruce Campbell) doesn't let him in. And then MJ wants to go out with a new boyfriend who works for NASA, John. And then Harry still is mad about what happened with Octavious and the malfunction. And gets more mad at Peter and keeps on questioning him about Spider-Man. So Peter decides "He's Spider-Man No More." So he acts like a regular guy. But MJ still doesn't want to go out with Peter. And stuff comes worst after Octavious destroys half the city. And later on, after he asks Harry for more tritium, the most dangerous thing on earth that destroys stuff, Harry gives it to him under one condition. If Octavious brings Harry Spider-Man, he'll give Octavious all the tritium he wants. Next J Jonah Jameson (JK Simmons) feels sorry about taking Spider-Man away. So then Peter Parker returns as "SPIDER MAN!" And then Octavious and Parker fight on the subway. And all the people on the subway care for him and say "It's good to have him back." But after one punch from Octavious' tentacle, Otto takes Spider-Man to Harry. This is one of the moments from Spider-Man that we've all been waiting for. Harry reveals who's under the mask. And it showed PETER! I thought Harry was going to beat him up but Harry was surprised. And Harry tells Peter where Octavious is and now Spider-Man goes to save the city and capture Octavious and save MJ. Soon he says a little Phsycology to Octavious. And Octavious decides he should do the right thing. Drown the tentacles and himself. Then the next day, during the wedding of Mary Jane's MJ changes her mind and doesn't want to marry John. He wants to marry Peter! This is a great Superhero movie! And has more Special Features than any other DVD I've ever seen!

SpongeBob SquarePants: Original Theme Highlights
SpongeBob SquarePants: Original Theme Highlights
Offered by Customer Direct
Price: $11.77
81 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Enough Songs., September 4, 2005
This CD left out a few good songs such as The Campfire Song Song and a few other Hawaiian Guitar tunes that were played while on the show. And also it should have that song where Plankton had his scary dramatic music playing on his record player and also The Georgian Chant that was playing as a background when Sandy knocked on SpongeBob's door to take him to the doctor in that episode Suds. Even though those two are like only two seconds long, I think they should've been on this CD. And also a few tunes from The Krusty Krab training Video would be nice. Also those suspense music they played in the background of certain episodes would be nice too. This CD is okay but just doesn't have enough songs. Here's a list of songs that are missing:

1. The Campfire Song Song
2. Sweet Victory
3. A few tunes from The Krusty Krab Training Video
4. Plankton's evil scary dramatic music
5. Hey all You People-Fred
6. Jellyfish Jam
7. The Blue Danube Waltz in that one episode "Jellyfishing"
8. (I don't care much for this one since it was a capella but) Jingle Bells, Mermaidman Smells
9. Mermaidman & Barnacleboy Theme Song
10. "Rule Brittania" from "I'm your biggest Fanatic."
11. Some of those Hawaiian Guitar Tunes
12. That upbeat music that was playing in "Rock a bye Bivalve"
13. The Georgian Chant
14. When Worlds Collide-The Caveman and The Robot In that SpongeBob special "SpongeBob B.C." (Before Comedy)
15. Livin' in the Sunlight, Lovin' in the Moonlight-Tiny Tim
16. That's What Friends Do
17. Songs from the Mussel Beach
18. The Striped Sweater
19. Squidward
20. The Very First Christmas to Me
21. Santa's Comin' Tonight
22. That Groovy '60s-like song from "My Pretty Seahorse"
23. That Beach Party music from "SpongeGuard on Duty."

23 Songs?! Dang, that's a lot! This CD sure left out quite a few good songs!

Queen - Greatest Hits
Queen - Greatest Hits
Price: $8.99
185 used & new from $0.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Queen are actually the KING!, August 19, 2005
This review is from: Queen - Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Great CD. I got this for my Dad on Father's Day because my Dad likes Queen and Classic Rock but when I got this, the only songs I cared for by Queen all along were just their two most famous ones. We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions. I didn't care for the other songs such as Killer Queen or Another one Bites the Dust. But later on when I heard Killer Queen on AOL Radio, I liked it and also on AOL Radio, I heard Bohemian Rhapsody and on that LIVE AID concert I saw Freddie Mercury singing Radio Ga Ga. Now I wish this CD had those two classics. Bohemian Rhapsody and Radio Ga Ga. But still it's a good CD. It's sad that Freddie Mercury died. To me, it seemed like he was the best part of the band. And his voice captured the part of Queen. Now my Dad told me there's a new singer for Queen but I don't think he's half as good as Freddie Mercury. And also there's a song once I heard on Ken Hawk's Rock 'n' Roll. That show only comes on the Aurora Access Channel and you have to live in Aurora to see that. I don't watch it but once I saw Queen performing a song called Princes of the Universe. I don't know if that song is THAT famous by Queen because I looked in most of the albums here on amazon.com and most of them didn't have that song. I guess it's from the '80s. But anyway, Queen is the KING of Rock 'n' Roll and they will be a piece of treasure!

The World of Model Trains (Illustrated)
The World of Model Trains (Illustrated)
by Guy R. Williams
75 used & new from $0.51

5.0 out of 5 stars The World of Model Trains., August 19, 2005
I got this from the library. I think it was in the original 1970 version. But it's real neat. It shows trains from the '70s or earlier, some European Trains which are my favorite and also the King of Model Railroading. John Allen! It shows some fabulous pictures of his tremendous Gore & Daphetid Railroad. (Pronounced Gory & Defeated) And if you like John Allen's model railroad or photos, this is a book to get. It mostly shows European trains though and also shows a few layouts as well as a few gauges such as HO, N Scale, O Gauge and G Gauge which is probably mentioned as LGB in the book too. This is a neat book and I recommend it for all model railroaders or train lovers out there!

Page: 1 | 2