Profile for A Christy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 167

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A Christy RSS Feed (Virginia, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Being Violet: A Violet Story
Being Violet: A Violet Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series!, November 13, 2014
I absolutely love this series! I'm a huge anti-fan of putting spoilers of any kind in reviews, but suffice it to say that we get to tag along with Violet and Thomas as they reap the rewards from book one and then, boom...the fun really starts.

The characters in this series are wonderfully conveyed and the atmosphere sucks the reader right in. It's one of my favorite serials ever. So...write faster!

Becoming Violet
Becoming Violet
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love comes in surprising packages and I loved this story!, August 31, 2014
This review is from: Becoming Violet (Kindle Edition)
Tom Carver is a man still looking for love, for that last bit of his life that is missing. One day, during a phone call hears the voice that makes it all click home. Obsession and longing turns to a deep and abiding love, even though he's never even seen her face.

When Eve and Tom finally do meet, sparks fly and the world turns upside down. Facing danger and finding each other, we get to follow along their exciting adventure.

Logan struck a perfect chord in this story. It's longer than the estimated page count would suggest and really made up the perfect hour of reading. Science fiction, a bit of fire between two characters and a surprising amount of growth for our characters happens for a short (but not really short) story.

Well worth the read and I want more of these two!

Warchild: Pawn - 2014 ABNA Entry
Warchild: Pawn - 2014 ABNA Entry

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing start!, May 8, 2014
Can't wait to see the whole book. This one is a winner. Excitement from the first page. Reminds me of The Hunger Games in the way it jumps in and you feel the events rather than just read them.

Eh, Zombie: Stories set in Hugh Howey's world of "I, Zombie" (I, Zombie Fanfiction Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Addition to the I, Zombie Universe, May 3, 2014
I was lucky enough to be a Beta reader for this book, so I got to see it first and I was absolutely blown away by it. As a huge fan of Hugh Howey's, "I, Zombie", I had to wonder if anyone could do justice to that unique viewpoint on the zombie apocalypse. I should have known that Dave would knock it out of the park.

Written in the same episodic way of the original, we get to spend time in the heads of several different zombies and they are a varied group. I can't say too much about them, because that would give away the story, but who they were in life is helplessly and hopelessly evident in their thoughts during their "afterlife". Ranging from sad to seething, there are even bright points of absolute hilarity in the book, one of which should leave Hugh Howey fans in stitches.

I highly recommend this to fans of zombies in general, not just fans of "I, Zombie". And I'd do it quickly before Dave wises up and prices this book where it should be, because it's under-priced!

This Mortal Coil
This Mortal Coil

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Thrill Ride, March 22, 2014
This review is from: This Mortal Coil (Kindle Edition)
This novella knocks the action fiction ball right out of the park. Willem wakes up without knowing his name, his past or anything else. Within moments he sees that name or no name, he is being hunted. And he isn't alone.

Even as a novella, this book is fully fleshed and I felt for the characters and understood them. There is loads of room for this universe to be expanded into more books, but it doesn't need it to be a seriously fulfilling read. Very action filled and tense, so probably not the one you want if you're trying to fall asleep.

The Disappeared (A Silo Story): Omnibus
The Disappeared (A Silo Story): Omnibus
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing and wild ride!, February 13, 2014
This series is one of those that make you really glad Hugh Howey allowed others to write in the WOOL universe. Tense, taut and very finely crafted.

This story revolves around Echo, a girl who finds the dark side of silo life. To say more would give away too much, so I'm not even going to tell you if she lives or dies. All the characters are well fleshed and you'll love and hate them in full measure. Great job! Keep writing.

The Disappeared (A Silo Story): Part I
The Disappeared (A Silo Story): Part I
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars You want something dark in your silo? Look no further!, February 11, 2014
Logan has outdone himself with this book. Bottom line.

Echo Medley is the daughter of the Mayor and that should come with some perks, right? Well, some perks can be the worst things you can ever have foist on you and she finds this out the hard way. I won't say more because I don't want to ruin the story for anyone. It would be unforgivable.

But the way the story is told is worth mentioning, discussing and raving about. Word choice, flow and very, very tight prose make this a killer first volume. I kept reading and saying, "Why can't I do that?"

By way of caution, this is a dark tale...perhaps even darker than the original in a way. It has adult situations that probably need to be considered carefully before any teen gets the go ahead from their parents. That said, it is deliciously and inventively dark.

Galaxi (Atlantic Island Book 2)
Galaxi (Atlantic Island Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and devastating...Loved it!, November 10, 2013
I read Galaxi before I read the main book for this series, Atlantic Island. I loved it even without the knowledge of how things came to be. This beautiful and devastating story reads like a piece of classic dystopian fiction and stands proudly on it's own. The heroine is one that I liked and felt for, one I urged on with every fiber of my reading self.

This is one of the most satisfying short stories I've read in a very long time. While it is part of the Atlantic Island universe, it is perfectly enjoyable without having read the novel first. Excellent job!

Silo Saga: They Feed (Kindle Worlds Novella)
Silo Saga: They Feed (Kindle Worlds Novella)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Classic Horror in the Silo Universe - Loved It!, November 10, 2013
A good horror story is a hard thing to find and I'm delighted to have found a really good one. One might argue that the whole Silo experience is one long episode of horror, but that is for another day. "They Feed" is the classic horror tale brought into the Silo and given breadth and dimension you simply can't get above ground.

Ben is a regular guy; a deputy, in love and full of hope for the future he has dreamed of and finally come this close to achieving.

A sudden snag in the unfolding of that future comes in the form of a body, ripped to shreds in a mine shaft with the only witness arousing suspicion rather than providing a good account. What comes from this is a tense tale that will make you look under the bed once you're done and reluctant to turn out the lights.

Wool: The Graphic Novel #1 (SPECIAL PREVIEW EDITION) (Silo Saga)
Wool: The Graphic Novel #1 (SPECIAL PREVIEW EDITION) (Silo Saga)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Peek into what you've been imagining for so long..., October 12, 2013
As an "early adopter" of the Wool series, I've had the distinct pleasure (torture) of having to wait with bated breath for each new installment to come out. While I took that time to make up my own stories, there is always the question of what it looks like inside the Silos to Hugh that remains. Now we know! The preview has the gritty darkness and stark lines that I expected and hoped would be there. I liked seeing the faces as they were imagined by him, assuming he had lots of input into that part of the creative process for the graphic novel.

Can't wait for the full release! Please hurry. Draw faster. Draw a LOT faster. :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17